Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save (4524 Views)

Buhari Lacks Political Will To Halt By Fulani Herdsmen - Reps / Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save / Jonathan Showed No Political Will In Fight Against Boko Haram – US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
jamesibor:

Foreign reserve is distinct from ECA. you clearly stated FOREIGN RESERVE in your original post and it wasn't $45bn in May 2010.

You also clearly stated the figure for debt as Foreign debt and not a sum of both Foreign and domestic debts.

It is therefore clear to all that you set out with intent to obfuscate your audience which is a hallmark of the APC.

Lame excuse . LOL..
Now that I have made the clarifications, can you fault any of the figures? Mind you, Jonathan had been part of the Presidency since 2007. Jonathan spent 8 years in the Presidency.

My post indicates both Foreign reserve and ECA before Jonathan the Prodigal son depleted all. Earned more money and dragged Nigeria into deeper depth.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by jamesibor: 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
deji15:

Lame excuse . LOL..
Now that I have made the clarifications, can you fault any of the figures? Mind you, Jonathan had been part of the Presidency since 2007. Jonathan spent 8 years in the Presidency.

My post indicates both Foreign reserve and ECA before Jonathan the Prodigal son depleted all. Earned more money and dragged Nigeria into deeper depth.

The problem is that people who do not know how these things work just throw figures around. Where were you when Sanusi frittered our foreign reserve defending the naira?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
jamesibor:

The problem is that people who do not know how these things work just throw figures around. Where were you when Sanusi frittered our foreign reserve defending the naira?

More lame excuses... So it is now Sanusi"s fault? lol. Where were you, NOI and Jonathan when Sanusi was frittering away the foreign reserve?
What policy did you have to stop the frittering? Oh I remember, you unbanned the importation of toothpicks grin grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by 99100(m): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
Old news, old clarification, old ...old... Nairaland is boring this days.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by jamesibor: 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
deji15:

More lame excuses... So it is now Sanusi"s fault? lol. Where were you, NOI and Jonathan when Sanusi was frittering away the foreign reserve?
What policy did you have to stop the frittering? Oh I remember, you unbanned the importation of toothpicks grin grin grin

The CBN is an independent institution, isn't it?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by jamesibor: 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
deji15:

Just for the records;

“CBN Defended naira with $26.6bn in 2013”: True or False?

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/cbn-defended-naira-26-6bn-2013-true-false/
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
jamesibor:

The CBN is an independent institution, isn't it?

- It does not stop the FG from working with CBN from reversing a bad policy.
- How come you are silent about the unbanning of toothpick? Is that CBN's fault too? grin grin grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by jamesibor: 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
deji15:

- It does not stop the FG from working with CBN from reversing a bad policy.
- How come you are silent about the unbanning of toothpick? Is that CBN's fault too? grin grin grin grin

Unbanning toothpick is not an issue as CBN could decide whether to provide forex for d importation of toothpick or not. They could have decided not to fund the importation and importers would have had to source for their forex through alternative means as is happening now.

The fact is that Sanusi emptied our foreign reserves but the vast majority of Nigerians being illiterate as it were are oblivious of that fact.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
jamesibor:

Just for the records;

“CBN Defended naira with $26.6bn in 2013”: True or False?

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/cbn-defended-naira-26-6bn-2013-true-false/

- How come you are silent about the unbanning of toothpick and other items like textiles? Is that CBN's fault too?

http://www.gbooza.com/group/insideafrica#axzz1OXwN6DFd

FG lifts ban on textiles, furniture, toothpicks
Posted by News Updates on February 7, 2011

Written by Dele Aderibigbe, Lagos Monday, 07 February 2011

Posted by News Updates on February 7, 2011 at 1:29am in Nigeria PoliticsBack to Nigeria Politics News
ADVERTISEMENT

The Federal Government may be set to give Nigerians a better taste of life as it finally released for implementation, the circular unbanning the importation of textiles, raw cassava, furniture and toothpicks, with slight amendments.

The gesture which, no doubt, will affect the quality of fabrics Nigerians subsequently wear, also empowers the citizens to import cars whose age may not be more than 15 years, setting the stage for availability of relatively cheaper cars.

The government had earlier signed this same circular on November 19, 2010, but hurriedly withdrew it, as a result of alleged pressures from the organised private sector, presumably the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria MAN, until the circular was re-issued and signed on January 27, 2011, and dispatched to all stakeholders, including the Nigeria Customs Service, the Cotecna Destinations Inspections, Societte Generale Surveillance and the Global Scan System for implementation with immediate effect.

The MAN argument was that the circular, if implemented, would jeopardise government’s first mandate to protect the local industries.

Tribune Newspaper

Did you guys listen
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by jamesibor: 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
Deji15, just in case you've forgotten;

I will defend the Naira with reserves- Sanusi

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/i-will-defend-the-naira-with-reserves-sanusi/

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by jamesibor: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
deji15:

- How come you are silent about the unbanning of toothpick and other items like textiles? Is that CBN's fault too?

http://www.gbooza.com/group/insideafrica#axzz1OXwN6DFd

Posted by News Updates on February 7, 2011

Posted by News Updates on February 7, 2011 at 1:29am in Nigeria PoliticsBack to Nigeria Politics News
ADVERTISEMENT

The Federal Government may be set to give Nigerians a better taste of life as it finally released for implementation, the circular unbanning the importation of textiles, raw cassava, furniture and toothpicks, with slight amendments.

The gesture which, no doubt, will affect the quality of fabrics Nigerians subsequently wear, also empowers the citizens to import cars whose age may not be more than 15 years, setting the stage for availability of relatively cheaper cars.

The government had earlier signed this same circular on November 19, 2010, but hurriedly withdrew it, as a result of alleged pressures from the organised private sector, presumably the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria MAN, until the circular was re-issued and signed on January 27, 2011, and dispatched to all stakeholders, including the Nigeria Customs Service, the Cotecna Destinations Inspections, Societte Generale Surveillance and the Global Scan System for implementation with immediate effect.

The MAN argument was that the circular, if implemented, would jeopardise government’s first mandate to protect the local industries.

Tribune Newspaper

Did you guys listen

Like I said earlier, I support free trade hence I support the lift of ban on those items. However, like I said before, the CBN has the powers to decide not to provide forex for such imports hence those involved with the imports would have to use alternative sources of FOREX.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
jamesibor:

Unbanning toothpick is not an issue as CBN could decide whether to provide forex for d importation of toothpick or not. They could have decided not to fund the importation and importers would have had to source for their forex through alternative means as is happening now.

The fact is that Sanusi emptied our foreign reserves but the vast majority of Nigerians being illiterate as it were are oblivious of that fact.

The same Nigerians that voted for you in 2011. I bet they were literate then. It is an issue. It could have prevented the depletion. The shifting of the blame does not makes sense. You, Jonathan and NOI were alive when Sanusi was doing all this and you did not raise any objection then. In fact you compound this issue.
If for anything, the person raising alarm then of the dangerous trend is Sanusi.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
jamesibor:

Like I said earlier, I support free trade hence I support the lift of ban on those items. However, like I said before, the CBN has the powers to decide not to provide forex for such imports hence those involved with the imports would have to use alternative sources of FOREX.

Your policy to lift the ban compound the problem. Did you complain openly or secretly when Sanusi was providing forex for such importation? You remember it was your Govt, and not that of Sanusi.
Is Sanusi also the reason you borrow to pay salary
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by jamesibor: 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
deji15:

The same Nigerians that voted for you in 2011. I bet they were literate then. It is an issue. It could have prevented the depletion. The shifting of the blame does not makes sense. You, Jonathan and NOI were alive when Sanusi was doing all this and you did not raise any objection then. In fact you compound this issue.
If for anything, the person raising alarm then of the dangerous trend is Sanusi.

The CBN is independent and doing otherwise would amount to interference. We are true Democrats, we follow the rule of law.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
jamesibor:
Deji15, just in case you've forgotten;

I will defend the Naira with reserves- Sanusi

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/i-will-defend-the-naira-with-reserves-sanusi/

What was Jonathan or NOI response to the above or this one below?

In case you need to be reminded..

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/sanusi-to-fg-stop-accumulating-debts-for-future-generation/

http://omojuwa.com/2012/05/cbn-governor-sanusi-lamido-warns-of-threats-to-economy/
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
jamesibor:

The CBN is independent and doing otherwise would amount to interference. We are true Democrats, we follow the rule of law.

And you succeeded in bankrupting the nation with cluelessness and outright stealing ...
The loots being currently recovered is a testament to that...
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by tuniski: 12:20am On Aug 17, 2016
Mynd44:

My MD travelled and left 5k in the company account. He came back and he met 4k and I claimed to have saved. Am I clown or am i clueless?
Poor logic! Zero analogy!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 17, 2016
jamesibor:

You are democrats, that is why you removed Sanusi (unprecedented) after he blew the whistle about your pilfering of the treasury.
Do you have any more excuses ??
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by searchng4love: 3:34am On Aug 17, 2016
Mynd44:
Okay, the governors effed up.

What happened to the FG's 51% why didn't they save out of that?

Awon oniyeye
Stop commenting. Whenever you comment you say the unthinkable. Where were you when ameachi n co took the FG to court? And shared your future like the spoils of war?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by jamesibor: 7:18am On Aug 17, 2016
deji15:

You are democrats, that is why you removed Sanusi (unprecedented) after he blew the whistle about your pilfering of the treasury.
Do you have any more excuses ??

Point of correction, Sanusi was not removed as CBN governor. He was suspended and reasons were given for the act.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by DabuIIIT: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2016
Mynd44:

Why not open a thread to talk about the states. This thread is about how the FG failed to save moneh during an oil boom

the thread is about GOVERNORS,cktheluckyman is right and you,a supposed mod,who should have known better,are completely wrong and should open your own thread.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Samtob90(m): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2016
dunkem21:

FG collected Amechi's own and spend abi?

Then you derail from the topic. Was Okonjo speaking about the portion that belongs to state or Federal?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by dunkem21(m): 11:04am On Aug 17, 2016
Samtob90:

Then you derail from the topic. Was Okonjo speaking about the portion that belongs to state or Federal?

I just answered a question..

Okonjo was correcting a statement zombies fine tuned. .. that GEJ lacked political will to save..
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
jamesibor:

Point of correction, Sanusi was not removed as CBN governor. He was suspended and reasons were given for the act.

So much for your democratic credential after he blew the whistle, that Jonathan and his cohort are stealing from the treasury.. grin grin grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Samtob90(m): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
dunkem21:

I just answered a question..

Okonjo was correcting a statement zombies fine tuned. .. that GEJ lacked political will to save..

Then, you are more confused than Okonjo and GEJ on why they could not save
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by jamesibor: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
deji15:

So much for your democratic credential after he blew the whistle, and that Jonathan and his cohort are stealing from the treasury.. grin grin grin grin

He was suspended for gross misconduct and I guess you know that much.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by dunkem21(m): 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Samtob90:

Then, you are more confused than Okonjo and GEJ on why they could not save

OK sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Collapses In Efcc custody, Revived Again / Enugu LGA Chairmen Deny Going Into Hiding Because Of EFCC Officials / Between Patience Jonathan And Hushpuppi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.