Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Method On How To Root Your Tecno W4 I.e Android 6.0 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Method On How To Root Your Tecno W4 I.e Android 6.0 (2329 Views)

Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / 3 Methods To Screenshot On Your Tecno Spark / My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Method On How To Root Your Tecno W4 I.e Android 6.0 by ola49: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
The Tecno W4 is very stubborn device when it comes to rooting, because the popular and easiest apps such as Kingroot, Vroot, Framaroot, Tecnoroot, Rootgenius etc., are not working for it.

The below tutorial will guide the Tecno W4 users to Root and change the IMEI of their Smartphone.

Important Notice:After rooting your phone, it’s advisable to unroot before performing an OTA update or restoring factoring settings. We have a comprehensive guide on thathere.

Materials Needed For Rooting»
PC with internet connection
USB Cable
SP Flash Tool
SuperSU.zip
TWRP

Save the SuperSU.zip that you downloaded to your phone's SD card

»Unzip the TWRP zip file that you downloaded and flash the recovery image to the phone using SP Flash ToolHow Can I Flash it Using SP Flashtool

Now, boot your phone into TWRP Recovery Mode (by Holding the Vol Up and Power button simultaneously for 5 seconds)

»In TWRP Recovery, Choose install zip from SD card- to choose a zip from SD carduse Vol up and down scroll up and down,

then choose theSupersu.zipfile from the root of your SD card.

Scroll to yes and install, after a successful flashing go back and reboot.It is simple as that.You may downloadRootCheckerfrom Play Store to verify your root privileges. After downloading, simply InstallRoot Checker, run it and you should get a success message after then.

please do not restore factory settings if you must make sure you unroot your phone, if not you end up with a bricked device please take note

(1) (Reply)

If MTN Has Been Deducting Your Money For Game+, Please Come In. / How To Spot A Fake Memory Card / Please How Can One Trace A Lost Phone: Gionee M6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.