Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,317 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website (3190 Views)

Facebook Is Trying To Kill Facekobo.com - A Nigerian Website / Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / Help Us Build the Best Nigerian Website Directory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by baekdoosan(m): 4:26am On Sep 27, 2009
Nairaland is the most visited Nigerian website in Nigeria and ranks number 10 in the most visited website both international and local in Nigeria.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/NG

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/nairaland.com
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by SamMilla1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2009
talk what you know next time
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by kingzli(m): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2009
This is old news, nairaland is 10th in nigeria after four years. We got to 150 after four months. Now tell me who the fastest growing is.
Http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/Naijaloft.com
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by yawatide(f): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2009
In a country where such a number isn't appreciated and/or monetized properly, of what use is this accolade? Bragging rights? If yes, sorry I don't go for such as words don't put food on the table for me cool

Just curious.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by kingzli(m): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
Yeah thats true, in other more internet conscious countries a lot of companies would be offering millions to buy ad space on this site.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by baekdoosan(m): 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ SAM MILLA!!!

So what the mess are you saying. Yeah! I said Nairaland is the Number 1 Nigerian site. It is Number 10  on the list of both local and international sites in Nigeria. But it is the only Nigerian site in the top 10 of sites visited in Nigeria, so it's the number 1 visted Nigerian site. I didn't say majority of Nigerians like it, I SAID ITS THE MOST VISITED NIGERIAN SITE! Get that in your head nigga.

Top Sites in Nigeria

The top 100 sites in Nigeria. The sites in the top sites lists are ordered by their 1 month alexa traffic rank.

The 1 month rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors and pageviews over the past month. The site with the highest combination of visitors and pageviews is ranked #1.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/NG
      Yahoo!

yahoo.com

Personalized content and search options. Chatrooms, free e-mail, clubs, and pager.

Facebook

facebook.com

A social utility that connects people, to keep up with friends, upload photos, share links and videos.

Google

google.com

Enables users to search the Web, Usenet, and images. Features include PageRank, caching and translation of results, and an option to find similar pages. The company's focus is developing search technology.

Google

google.com.ng

google.com.ng

Blogger.com

blogger.com

Free, automated weblog publishing tool that sends updates to a site via FTP.

Windows Live

live.com

Search engine from Microsoft.

YouTube

youtube.com

YouTube is a way to get your videos to the people who matter to you. Upload, tag and share your videos worldwide!

Wikipedia

wikipedia.org

An online collaborative encyclopedia.

Microsoft Network (MSN)

msn.com

Dialup access and content provider.

Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum

nairaland.com

A big, broad discussion forum for Nigerians. Covers dozens of topics including jobs
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by Seun(m): 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2009
We were once number 8 in Nigeria.  Then Facebook and the spam problem struck and we fell. 
We're back at number 10 now, which is lovely, thanks to the much hated antispam bot.
Being spam-free may be enough to hold our position on the short term,
but we need to innovate.  If we don't, the site will fade away.
But first, I want to rearchitect the entire forum:
I need a firm foundation to build on.

See also:
http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/Top/Regional/Africa/Nigeria
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by illusion2: 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2009
Seun:

We were once number 8 in Nigeria. Then Facebook and the spam problem struck and we fell.
We're back at number 10 now, which is lovely, thanks to the much hated antispam bot.
but we need to innovate. If we don't, the site will fade away.

See also:
http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/Top/Regional/Africa/Nigeria
Nice one Seun. . . keep up the good work. , whatever you do, stick to this 'lite' version. . . cheers wink
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by canuck(m): 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2009
Hip-Hip-Hip! Hooray!

Hats off to Nairaland. Naira is being weakened, while Nairaland is going strong; what irony cool
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2009
Yeah!!

Nairaland is #1 Website in Nigeria!

Another website is a counterfeit!
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 05, 2009
There was a time thepiratebay.org was 3rd, Really Bad, But I love the current top sites,
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by banom(m): 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2009
Yesoooo, nairaland is great, seun is a real four sight genius,
another nigerian site i found lovely after nairaland is www.naijahotsingles.com, the site is cool,with live text and video chart. if seun should put live chart in nairaland,it will be great.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by smasher1(m): 12:25am On Oct 06, 2009
No doubt. With over 400,000 members it surpasses Naija hot jobs twice and is a link to other Naija sites.
Nairaland cant afford to fold/close up.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by mystikal(m): 1:12am On Oct 06, 2009
great news. always feels good 2 be part of a success.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by qubestreet(m): 2:00am On Oct 06, 2009
Nairaland is the most visited site and doing a good job.
A new website that showcases creators from Nigeria is up http://www.naijaborn.com/beta
check it out and show ya sef !
Great work Seun
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by Rooneyboy(m): 4:58am On Oct 06, 2009
One thing i do know is that NL has a good number of visitors , and is also very addictive.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by sayso: 7:30am On Oct 06, 2009
nairaland will only get stronger day by day,I believed this before and I believe it now.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by mambenanje(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2009
We were once number 8 in Nigeria.  Then Facebook and the spam problem struck and we fell.  
but we need to innovate.  If we don't, the site will fade away.

Did I read that well or my english is gone low. Did Seun say INNOVATE and REARCHITECT ? Men this is news. I remember him saying he doesnt believe in this same things. and why not do it yourself. well time is the best teacher. Nairaland is not 10% of what it is suppose to be. and I will say this anyday anytime.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 06, 2009
the only thing i will say is that"MAY ALMIGHTY CONTINUE TO BLESS U SEUN" cuz one way or the other,nairaland has impacted on users' lives, Most times i wonder how seun make money on the forum when everything is absolute.It's everything nigerians should be proud of, It may not be as facebook but i am proud to be part & parcel of this achievement, Thanks for doing us proud"LONG LIVE SEUN,LONG LIVE NAIRALAND,LONG LIVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA"
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by FBS: 9:43am On Oct 06, 2009
Kudos! To the owner and its members. One cannot do without the other. wink
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by madamL(f): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2009
My kids call NL the "old people's facebook". I enjoy it though maybe old age is gradually creeping in. It is a good site though. Keeps me abreast of happenings and rumours.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by okeey(m): 9:52am On Oct 06, 2009
i agree with u but dere is still other site nigeria visit buy d owner is not nigeria and not in nigeria big up to SEUN
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by semid4lyfe(m): 10:28am On Oct 06, 2009
? ?
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by semid4lyfe(m): 10:35am On Oct 06, 2009
@ Sam Milla

Why you dey yab the poster? Don't worry, one day your site will make it into the top 20. Shior!

Seun, welldone jare. Nairaland has really impacted my life positively particularly the tech market, computer and phone sections. I also like it cos it's a one-stop website for information & you get breaking news as it happens. I've introduced so many of my friends to the site & I intend to introduce more. Don't worry, we go soon dey top 5. I'm glad to be part of the NL success story.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by Nezan(m): 10:44am On Oct 06, 2009
NL is the best.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by initiator(m): 11:36am On Oct 06, 2009
There was a time i was really blogging heavily on Nairaland and after about 6 months, my interest fizzled out. I have come back after about two years and the site is almost the same! It is content-rich no doubt, it is interactive no doubt, but it needs to broaden its activities and remain light. I must commend Seun for this project but my problem with the way his running the site is that it is built around him and not a system that grows. There isn't also as much offline buzz. I think it's time he rethinks the project, like seriously.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by koolchicco: 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2009
baekdoosan:

Nairaland is the most visited Nigerian website in Nigeria and ranks number 10 in the most visited website both international and local in Nigeria.

Na small craze dey worry you!
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by Seun(m): 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2009
mambenanje:

Did I read that well or my english is gone low. Did Seun say INNOVATE and REARCHITECT ? Men this is news. I remember him saying he doesnt believe in this same things. and why not do it yourself. well time is the best teacher.
This is false.  I never said such.  What I actually said is that I don't believe in making Nairaland a Facebook clone.  Which is still true.  "Innovation" must be accompanied by purpose.

Some webmasters like redesigning their sites every month, slowing down their websites with confusing features that their users didn't ask for. As a result, they lose most of their traffic.  

That's not innovation; it's suicide!  My re-architecture is more of a technology thing.  I'm just re-building the backend to serve the current and future goals of Nairaland more effectively.

~Bluetooth:

the only thing i will say is that"MAY ALMIGHTY CONTINUE TO BLESS U SEUN" cuz one way or the other,nairaland has impacted on users' lives, Most times i wonder how seun make money on the forum when everything is absolute.It's everything nigerians should be proud of, It may not be as facebook but i am proud to be part & parcel of this achievement, Thanks for doing us proud"LONG LIVE SEUN,LONG LIVE NAIRALAND,LONG LIVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA"

Thanks!  I hasten to add that the resurgence of Nairaland can't be attributed to the anti-spam bot alone.  We now have a big team of very committed moderators who strive to keep the forum clean and vibrant and deal with all sorts of problems.  They also put a lot of effort into training the spam filter, to makes it more effective.  They are the best!
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by mambenanje(m): 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Seun
maybe I am putting it the wrong way but its no call for arguments. but you told me you dont believe in innovation and we were not talking of facebook clone we were talking of improving on the media aspects to get more products. but its ok boss. You will get there gradually. God be for us all and show ya sef
regards
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by throttler(f): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2009
big ups to seun and we! emmhnn did i hear the sound of champaigne popping anyone? undecided
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by madoba: 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2009
Am glad to hear that NL is one of the top ten most visited websites, It is good news to me and I would like to congratulate and appreciate Seun for the insight he had for creating and starting up a website/forum like this. wink

I've found NL to be informative,educative and entertaining I enjoy it far more than Facebook. The housing & job sections is a brilliant idea, NL is a job well done and more grease to the elbows of any one who can improve this site.
Re: Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website by tunyus(m): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2009
OGA SEUN
accept my congratulation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself / How To Setup A Customized Email With Your Domain Name Using Gmail / Gossipnigeria247 Is A New Community Website Feed And OLX Website In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.