Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,839 members, 7,851,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC (15875 Views)

Tunde Adeniran Rejects Outcome Of PDP Convention, Calls BOT To Take Over Party / Judge To DSS: Obey Court Orders Now Or Go Home / Saraki Seeks To Stall Trial Again, Asks Judge To Disqualify Self (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by chrisblack: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2016
biafransoul:

You're the wrong one here. Tell me of any appellate court that invalidated Justice Liman's judgement? The preceding Judgement stands and any injunction not coming from an Appeal court is null and void. You should know that
you are the on who is wrong. Are you talking about liman who fined igbnedion 3m for a theft of 25bn.
Go check your fact .
Parties have an uncompromising duty to obey court order until it is set aside. The Lagos Division made orders on May 12 and 20, forbidding the PDP from removing the Sheriff-led Caretaker Committee. That order was still subsisting. When liman dabbled into the issue.This was wrong because both courts care of coordinate jurisdiction.
Abang his only trying to teach them all the simple understanding and interpretation of law.This was also settled by the supreme court as far back 2004.please go and read
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by GhaliNaaba(m): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2016
temitemi1:
The Convention is going on as planned let Abang go n die.
grin[quote author=temitemi1 post=48548551]The Convention is going on as planned let Abang go n die.[/quote
Going on I deed. Lolllll
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by anytexy: 10:54am On Aug 17, 2016
IllegalMoney:
The Port Harcourt Federal High Court interlocutory order which was the first and earlier interlocutory order supersedes, override and nullifies Justice Abang Okon kangaroo interlocutory order that was given yesterday.

Any learned legal luminary will tell u the same thing.

Justice Abang Okon has bastardized the Nigerian Judiciary System.

I wonder if the NJC is still existing or functioning in Nigeria.
When Sheriff said he has all it takes to stop the convention, that tells you he has federal might backing. It is quite obvious. Sherrif is Buhari's in-law
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by chernest2002: 10:57am On Aug 17, 2016
This is judicial nonsense.
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by howfarwhatagwan: 10:57am On Aug 17, 2016
I repeat the Judiciary and the national assembly remain our greatest failures in democracy....'Confusion galore' is their watchword

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by legendte(m): 10:58am On Aug 17, 2016
The owner of this nairaland should handle this guy that goes with the name Omenka.
This is beyond tribal war/jokes.
I don't see why this guy should be allowed to continue his disregard, abuse and derogatory attack on Igbos even when the topic has nothing on tribes.
I may not say this again.

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by biafransoul: 10:59am On Aug 17, 2016
chrisblack:
you are the on who is wrong. Are you talking about liman who fined igbnedion 3m for a theft of 25bn.
Go check your fact .
Parties have an uncompromising duty to obey court order until it is set aside. The Lagos Division made orders on May 12 and 20, forbidding the PDP from removing the Sheriff-led Caretaker Committee. That order was still subsisting. When liman dabbled into the issue.This was wrong because both courts care of coordinate jurisdiction.
Abang his only trying to teach them all the simple understanding and interpretation of law.This was also settled by the supreme court as far back 2004.please go and read

The first case was settled by Liman in PH. http://www.elombah.com/index.php/reports/8407-pdp-court-confirms-the-sack-of-ali-modu-sheriff before the convention and that's the reason Sheriff appealed and hasn't got any superior judgement. Why rush back to a lower court for an injunction? Abuse of court process? The first judgement stands
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by Thriveplus: 11:01am On Aug 17, 2016
This is purely judicial rascality of the highest order. PDP is suffering from the innocent blood she had shed while in power. How can a political party that claimed to be the biggest party in Africa, after loosing national elections find it very difficult to harmonized or formed a formidable strategies in order to checkmate the excesses of the ruling party? PDP's crises are clear indications of nemesis at work. A house fighting against herself cannot in anyway progressed.
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by to9ine: 11:04am On Aug 17, 2016
searchng4love:

The substance of the case in PH is different from that of Abuja.... Ph gave judgment while abang was still messing around .... Only the court of appeal can do anything about the PH judgment

Young man I believe it will be good practice to read and reread, think and rethink before commenting..

Justice abangs submission is simple
Once a case is entertained by a court, another court of coordinate jurisdiction cannot entertain the same case..
I believe the PDP felt they wouldn't get fair hearing from justice Abang that's why they ran to the high court in port Harcourt.

I tend to lean to the arguments that Justice Abang seems anti-PDP based on past antecedents which is a
very sad and unfortunate development

All the same the pdps decision to go ahead with the convention might backfire based on the fact that justice abangs was first to entertain this case.

I wish PDP well.. It's sad when ur enemy is d decider of your case
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by Bigante: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2016
What an idiotic statement! INEC just obey the Judgement that will favour your pocket and stop acting like you have forgotten your modus operandi.
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by OjujuCalabar(m): 11:21am On Aug 17, 2016
This is what Buhari has caused us. Disobeying court orders.
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by Tual: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
They should obey justice Okon Abang. No convention should be allowed to take place. Jimi Agbaje will be arrested by the Dss or efcc and confusion will be thrown in their camps. We do not need an opposition party. APC is the best thing to happen to Nigerians. God bless Buhari cool
No gree make thunder fire you there!
Which APC?
Which Buhari?
Better respect yourself Oooo!
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by Chigold101(m): 11:58am On Aug 17, 2016
ddippset:
And I tell you solemnly, all the judges in porthacourt are anti APC. They are all on Wike's payroll, in his pocket if I may.
thank u for this piece of information.
I am so happy.
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by AntiIPOOP(m): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
omenka:
They should declare PDP a terrorist organisation already.

A party that founded and sponsors Boko Haram (a terrorist organisaion) should have no business existing in a free society.

A party that founded and sponsors Niger Delta Avengers (a terrorist organisation) should have no business seeking stability and progress in a free society.

A party that founded and sponsors iPod (a terrorist organisation) should have no business seeking political power in a united Nigerian state.

#Awaiting that incorrigible dolt's love letter on this post as well. cheesy

Ps: Before some people begin dey complain about time of posting, lemme quickly add- if you get to grab a copy of the series I'm watching, you wouldn't mind robbing yourself of sleep as well. Best thing ever on tv! #House of Cards S4. grin
Lol my man, I like you Hahahahha
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by Reptyle(m): 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
IllegalMoney:
The Port Harcourt Federal High Court interlocutory order which was the first and earlier interlocutory order supersedes, override and nullifies Justice Abang Okon kangaroo interlocutory order that was given yesterday.

Any learned legal luminary will tell u the same thing.

Justice Abang Okon has bastardized the Nigerian Judiciary System.

I wonder if the NJC is still existing or functioning in Nigeria.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

But arguing purely on judicial process, the PH court cannot invalidate or overrule the July 2016 pronouncement of the Abuja Court which was that both parties should maintain status quo until the hearing of the substantive suit at a yet to be determined date. Justice Abang's pronouncement yesterday was just a reiteration of his earlier ruling delivered on July 28th, 2016.

The PDP secured the PH Court judgement on the 9th of August so if anyone is to be accused of judicial rascality and sanctioned by the NJC here, it would be the PH Judge who assumed jurisdiction in a case that was pending before a court of co-equal jurisdiction.

If the PDP felt hard done by the ruling of the Abuja court, it should have approached the Court of Appeal and not another High Court. If they choose to go ahead with today's convention, any outcome will be successfully tied up in a court of law for the foreseeable future on the strength of the Abuja ruling.

I do share your concern about whether we have a functional NJC because the judiciary has been a major clog in the wheel of our democracy in this country. It really needs to read the riot act to its officials and sanction erring judges accordingly.
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by tiwiex(m): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
Tolexander:
F for Femi Fani-Kayode!

confused?

Thought PDP caretaker committee said the party will "confidently" carry on with the convention in Port Harcourt, without minding the order from Abang whose jurisdiction doesn't exceed Abuja! INEC can go with PDP jare.

This is INEC talking oh. Or am I confused too?
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by HeavenShield: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
WHATEVER A MAN SOW, THAT HE WILL REAP, NOW OR LATER..YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE REAPING OF EVIL THAT YOU HAVE SOWN..
ABANG, MAKARFI, SHERIFF, BUHARI, GOODLUCK ETC, THE EVIL THAT YOU HAVE SOWN IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER TO NULLIFY DEMOCRATIC PRINCIPLES..IS RECORDED IN HISTORY. HELL IS WAITING FOR YOU ALL, BUT THERE IS ONE WAY OUT! REPENT FROM YOUR EVIL WAYS..
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by guiddoti: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
tomakint:
This is a case of grand conspiracy unfolding and an open display of flagrant abuse of power. Justice Abang had all the time in the world to declare Sept. 7 a fixed date for hearing of this case why wait till the Eleventh hour to declare this mockery of the judiciary he called "his judgment", truly Nigeria is a one gargantuan zoological garden mainly populated by hybrid Mona monkeys. This Abang is up to something that must be figured out.

The Convention is taking place in Port Harcourt where another High Court is situated, definitely the declaration of the PH High Court declaration should be obeyed. Abang is looking for trouble.
Why do you think Abang is one sided? Both judges are the problem, and stop being partisan.
Re: PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC by Roadmike(m): 12:14am On Aug 18, 2016
[size=14pt]This is a more reasonable Organisation, unlike the Police that has already pitch tent by observing the one sided rulling that better serves their pay master. Do we really have a federal Police, yet when reasonable people make demand of the State Police, they shout and make all forms of excuses as to why there it will be abused.

Can some explain to me what is this action of the Police called. If not ABUSE.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South West And Calculations Ahead Of 2023 Presidency / Poll Results: We’ve Presented Atiku’s Grievances To Buhari –abdusalami / DSS Operatives Arrive Abuja Court Ahead Of Sowore's Arraignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.