Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) (53077 Views)

Deaf Man Builds Locally Made Tipper Truck In Anambra (Photos) / Mubarak Abdullahi Builds Helicopters In His House / Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2016
Nice!

Proudly 5%
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by tno4real(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2016
Of all the region in Nigeria the south east are still the most productive people, without the SE Nigeria is nothing
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by nnokwa042(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
This is one of the reasons why the igbos won't get any biafra. We need their technological know how to build a better and prosperous one Nigeria. The yoruba's are sophisticated and far ahead in academics and politics while the Igbo's knowledge of business and technology is second to none. The only constraint here is the north but we have to keep tolerating them cos the British handed over power to them and they are born to rule Nigeria. Biafra will never come. One nigeria we shall remain. sad
i still dont yorubas knows what sophistication means cus if they know they will be very ashamed to call them selves sophisticated tribe unless they re the people that invented tyre not talk of car, still some people in africa calling thier tribe sophisticated people odikw very risky

1 Like

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by macluvph1(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

First of all what is innovation??
This technology is already in place,
the duration is only a function of the given battery

What has this added to engineering??

Lol those he even know what angle to tilt the fan?? Or u thing those angles are just chosen??

No wonder Nigerians value practicals over theory

Check the meaning of innovation and tell me if this is innovative

Mind u am a mechanical Engineer And this is my feild

Mr Mechanical Engineer what advantage have you added to the entire zoo called Nigeria, you are only here wagging your tongue like a lizard that is about to menstruate at other peoples innovation.

Ordinary H2O you can't even identify clearly and you are trying to tell us difference between innovation and technology.

In my igbo friend's voice"anumpam".

3 Likes

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Kent16: 11:18am On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol those he even know what angle to tilt the fan?? Or u thing those angles are just chosen??

Oga mechanical engineer shot your work or you shut up!

1 Like

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Onegai(f): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2016
Can we all stop chestbeating and boasting and on the other hand stop saying "it's not innovative"? Neither helps us. Who cares if he's 5% or he is not innovative, this young man has one skill we as a country called Nigeria needs:

He has the hunger for technical know-how. And if we are serious about manufacturing, about dollar being N1=$1, we will put our heads together to encourage his thirst for technical know-how and business.

So, does anyone have his contact, does he need a laptop? If someone is willing to fix up an old laptop, we can get one for him, and other can help to install Engineering and other relevant software on it for him (free). That's how to make this story relevant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Lindyelvis: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2016
See what u are saying, instead of encouraging his effort, u re running him down. Yes fan has been existing before but it can be modified. Go and read the history of computer and see how many people that contributed in making it. And until now people are modifying it. Black man.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2016
The guy is building his career gradually.

But these bloggers self. Without electricity but powered with 6v battery. The blogger should define an electric current for us and differentiate between electricity and battery.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by olusun43(m): 11:22am On Aug 17, 2016
We still need more of this innovations. Good work done by him.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Caleycash(m): 11:25am On Aug 17, 2016
omenka:
"Without electricity" yet with a battery

How these bloggers dey reason sef?? Na wa oo!
Stupid phuuk, na u get him reasoning?!, wetin concern you?!, go and reason ur own, Double standard hypocrite!!!

1 Like

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by AyoolaIgwe(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
This is one of the reasons why the igbos won't get any biafra. We need their technological know how to build a better and prosperous one Nigeria. The yoruba's are sophisticated and far ahead in academics and politics while the Igbo's knowledge of business and technology is second to none. The only constraint here is the north but we have to keep tolerating them cos the British handed over power to them and they are born to rule Nigeria. Biafra will never come. One nigeria we shall remain. sad
u cracked me up...where did u get d statistics dat yorubas are "far ahead" in education hahahahaha... pls furnish me with statistics from a credible source. Let me educate u quickly. 1. In d last statistics for best performance in waec by State, the 5 South Eastern states made first 10. Lagos was d only South-Western state that made it in first ten. Lagos was actually in 10th position.
http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://punchng.com/again-south-east-leads-in-wassce-performance-chart/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiR5P7vnMjOAhXoDMAKHVPZBekQFggLMAA&sig2=ARDHNwfTYjG7eXT4F0uOEA&usg=AFQjCNG0phShCNgyTKKnmFZE26_17st6Rw
From 1996 when the late military dictator, Sani Abacha, created 36 states out of Nigeria, the three states that have been producing the highest number of applicants in the examination organised by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board have been Imo, Anambra and Delta.
The Guardian of August 26, 1999, page 31, had some statistics about the 1999 UTME examination. It showed that the six states with the highest number of applications were: Imo (44,274), Delta (36,375), Anambra (34,206), Ogun (33,375), Edo (29,057), and Osun (22,950).
In 2007, The Guardian newspaper of June 1, page 3, published the results of the 2007 University Matriculation Examination. The top six states with the highest number of candidates were Imo (93,065), Anambra (64,689), Delta (61,580), Edo (57,754), Akwa Ibom (47,928), and Ogun (47,227). The last six were: Kebbi (4,682), Sokoto (3,925), Taraba (3,832), Zamfara (2,904), Jigawa (2,541), and Yobe (2,516).
For the 2012 results released by JAMB and published by Vanguard of March 31, the top five states were: Imo (123,865), Delta (88,876), Anambra (84,204), Osun (73,935), Oyo (71,272). The least five states were: Jigawa (11,529), Kebbi (7,364), Yobe (6,389), Zamfara (5,713), and Sokoto (5,664).
In the Unity School admission of 2013, the states that got the highest cut-off marks were: Anambra – Male (139) Female (139); Imo – Male (138) Female (138); Enugu – Male (134) Female (134); Lagos – Male (133) Female (133); Delta – Male (131) Female (131); Ogun – Male(131) Female(131); Abia – Male (130) Female (130).
MY BROTHER PLS SPEAK ONLY OF WOT U KNOW NEXT TIME

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by VICTORCIZA(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2016
slap1:

The guy has brought today's joke for us.
Don't mind that kid

1 Like

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by SirLewis(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2016
His parents or relatives if the means are available should send him abroad so he can build up on his skill and become something in life cuz if he remains here he'll just be another jobless youth wandering the streets. No one cares about ingenuity in this backwater country.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by MadCow1: 11:30am On Aug 17, 2016
airsaylongcon:

But not all have gone ahead to build it. Most intelligent people should be successful, not all however are. Stepping beyond "I think I can do it" to "I have done it" is what life demands. Life is not looking for Can-do, life is looking for has-done. That's why most companies look for people with experience

You see.. No one is knocking his hussle..

But we just need people to cool down like this Nigga just invented the Atom Bomb. grin

I have built something like this as a kid.. A fan that operated on batteries.. But kudos to him for trying to build it into a commercial product.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by solid3(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2016
What do u mean wires without electricity, what is that rechargeable?
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Rapmoney(m): 11:35am On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

In ur entire life, what have u been able to create?
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by lekonso: 11:37am On Aug 17, 2016
To start with i am Yoruba. Instead of celebrating this brilliant young igbo chap people are here expressing hatred for each other tribe. Is this the way Nigeria will develop? Developed countries don't practice tribalism as we do here. They see themselves as one. If we want to develop in this country we must be ready to throw away tribalism.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by fldta: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:
There is nothing innovative here tho

Let's stop celebrating rubbish, igbos are good in technology but not this, go to PRODA or siedi in enugu that's were u see igbo engineering not this rubbish

Mind u I am igbo too
Ewu, u r a disgrace to d igbos. wot hv u to show in ur miserable life? Why being so jealous? Onye ara ogbete
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by kabrud: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2016
While I commend him for his hardwork (if everything is original) since he is very young and most likely without the formal education neccesary for the required precision, I must say that there is nothing spectacular in his product and if the igbos are really celebrating this, then I must say that I'm very disappointed in them cos I used to think that they are far ahead of this. Meanwhile, the caption is misleading cos I open this thread beccause of the 'without electricity' only to find out that it is actually 'with electricity (battery)'. This is how I rushed to opened one thread which carries a caption that a Nigerian designed a power generator which uses water as fuel only for me to see nothing but a whole load of rubbish. Scientific breakthrough is not by wishful thinking but by research with the aim of discovering the undiscovered natural laws as a driving objective.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by tinktanker: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

pls can i c what u have ever made even if Na paper kite
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by tinktanker: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2016
moneybag100:

Stop all this 5% crap on every thread, Its getting boring and obsolete.

Kudos to the boy.
good n sensible talk. But d truth remains nigerians are in hate n it even worse now
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by btoks: 11:53am On Aug 17, 2016
Good job, but this is no innovation.
There are several videos on YouTube that show you how to make the same thing and even better e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_-I2VSw2OU

We've got a long way to go to get that innovative mindset in Nigeria, otherwise we would have sorted out the power, road, healthcare, education issues plaguing us in the country.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by obailala(m): 11:53am On Aug 17, 2016
Lots of technological talents and craftsmanship needs to be encouraged to make Nigeria a producing/manufacturing nation instead of a perpetual consumer. Most of the things we import from china can actually be produced in Nigeria if people like this young man can be supported.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by fejicruz(m): 11:58am On Aug 17, 2016
Must we always seek for avenues to whip on ethnic sentiments?

Olu20090:
Igbos and craftsmanship are like 5 and 6.

I promise you...Afonja will arrive shortly with their hate, envy and anger. They are watching this thread now and simmering in anger.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by originalKsp(m): 11:59am On Aug 17, 2016
This is good, although it is not an innovation...it is still an Application Of what was learnt..it should be appreciated and promoted. If Nigerians are given the oppurtunity to apply what they learn in school or elsewhere...Nigeria wil soon become the "China of Africa".

Oya.....that's enough...let me just drop an invitation for you guyz to participate in the Online Mathematics Competition On http://samimath.com this saturday.....it's usually fun and educative

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Xbursta(m): 11:59am On Aug 17, 2016
speaktome:
Am not supprised because
I know he must be from the 5%!!

Achieving beyond borders!!

Proudly 5%!!!

#MySignatureMyBusiness#

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by sino2000(m): 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
Please what is Afonja??
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by solidman59(m): 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
OP DID YOU SAY WITHOUT ELECTRICITY? WHAT THEN IS A BATTERY DOING THERE. FAN IS THE EASIEST THING ANY ELECTRICAL ENGINEER CAN MAKE.

NEXT POST
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by leofab(f): 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol those he even know what angle to tilt the fan?? Or u thing those angles are just chosen?? So a professional engineer ; well trained and nurtured ; what have you added to the engineering profession?

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by loshybab(m): 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
His talents among orders should be properly harnessed and supported!

GOD bless NAIJA!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Facts About The Sun You Probably Didn't Know / Civet Killed In Ogun Bush In Osere Matogun / Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.