Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) (53068 Views)

Deaf Man Builds Locally Made Tipper Truck In Anambra (Photos) / Mubarak Abdullahi Builds Helicopters In His House / Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by moshould(m): 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
U call this one rubbish? In a country where light no dey, person arrange fan with long lasting ba3 u still dey vex...abeg encourage d guy now, or else i'll trace u and chance ur girlfriend...
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
Dumdum217:

Are you for real??

Which serious company/institution will value theory over practical??

You just reminded me of one of my electrical engineering student during my undergraduate days that will tell you all the theories in that field but the dude can't change common bulb.

From this your writeup, is obvious that you don't know anything and am sure you can even change a car tyre.
Bro I said name the company that takes practical over theory, the main work is done by the engineers in the board room, that's were the laws of science and mathematics are applied
When they are done they tell the technicians what to do,
I dare u to go to wikepadia and see the diffenition of engineer, and if u see anywhere they made maintion of.... Practicals, maintenance, and repair... u are free to call me a fool for life

1 Like

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by BABANGBALI: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2016
Make I order for 5

1 for me

1 for VickyRotex

1 for Juliaann

1 for osusumustflow

And

1 for rokiatu
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Princejboy(m): 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
impresive cool
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
these are the type of people i would ''love'' to associate with
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Msquare220: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

First of all what is innovation??
This technology is already in place,
the duration is only a function of the given battery

What has this added to engineering??

Lol those he even know what angle to tilt the fan?? Or u thing those angles are just chosen??

No wonder Nigerians value practicals over theory

Check the meaning of innovation and tell me if this is innovative

Mind u am a mechanical Engineer And this is my feild
No DE mind am jor!
What actually pain me the most is the title "without electricity " yet 9V DC powered the ish.
NOTHING LIKE INNOVATION THERE.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by adimsmt: 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:
There is nothing innovative here tho

Let's stop celebrating rubbish, igbos are good in technology but not this, go to PRODA or siedi in enugu that's were u see igbo engineering not this rubbish

Mind u I am igbo too

Does it really matter if you are Igbo just stop let me tell you, you may see it as rubbish but for this little boy to think and has the ability to make it a reality that in its own is worth celebrating . Here in America where i live people like him are encouraged from the teachers, the school authorities even tech companies some of them have programs that go around school just to fish out little kids like this boy. Let me tell you my 12 years old daughter is in 7th grade right now, she is so interested in knowing how brain functions, she want to be a brain surgeon [Neurologist] she is so brilliant that all she get are A's in all her subjects. Right now the school authority, the teachers are already teaching her about scholarships and the best schools even i have received in the mail about three pamphlets about scholarships for my daughter. Please no matter how you see this young man's innovation don't rubbish it, put this young man in conducive environment he will do wonders believe me.

1 Like

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Hymhenszz(m): 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
Dat d people we need in nigeria, may God make his invention bigger.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by whitebeard(m): 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
HungerBAD:
God bless the works of his hands.

This boy will go far.

With the right support,proper materials and machinery,good encouragement with the right education,we will start hearing his name for all the right reasons soon.

I am Proud to be from Imo State.
Proudly Nekede.
proud to be a Nigerian
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by whitebeard(m): 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
moneybag100:

Stop all this 5% crap on every thread, Its getting boring and obsolete.

Kudos to the boy.
I just finish correcting one of them..I hate this thing they are doing...they will have people commit suicide in the name of 5%...!!
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by d4gmail: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
This far better than those dirty aircraft that Nigerians claim they buld.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
All we need is re-invent education in Africa, teach science in our native languages to kids, and you'll see Africa build ourselves out of poverty.
The potential is there, but the fake education we inherited from Britain have blind folded African educationists and scholars, preventing them from inventing our own learning model.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4116444_20160817025031_pngc2757d48ba881fc1188f9a4fc3fcba90

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Oliviaxx(f): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
Amberon11:
What's not innovative about a teenager building a hand fan that can last for 15 hours if fully charged? This fan is suitable for the Nigerian clime. If China did it, you'd have appreciated it more.

Can you even draw a fan?? undecided

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL.LWKMD! WICKED!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by guiddoti: 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
Only to check name grin

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by willibounce1(m): 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
This rubbish.. very haggard packaging. I don't think any one in their right senses will buy this unless of course the struggling flatinnos.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by NaWetinDey(m): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol those he even know what angle to tilt the fan?? Or u thing those angles are just chosen??

mrvitalis:

mrvitalis:

NO WONDER NIGERIANS VALUE PRACTICALS OVER THEORY

I beg to differ on the highlighted sentence. Did you say that Nigerians value practicals over theory? As a mechanical engineer who understands Nigeria's values in practicality, I bet you must have built many engines.

Anyways, I guess not. You are one of those engineers who can't even service 'I pass my neighbour' yet brag about being a mechanical or electrical engineer.

The cancer that eats Nigeria up: ego and emptiness. If that boy has the qualification you brag so much about, he surely would have been building stuffs to world standards by now instead of rattling over useless papers given by lecturers who, because of lack of innovative thinking, molest students and 'copy and paste' handouts to fund their escapades.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
NaWetinDey:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

I beg to differ on the highlighted sentence. Did you say that Nigerians value practicals over theory? As a mechanical engineer who understands Nigeria's values in practicality, I bet you must have built many engines.

Anyways, I guess not. You are one of those engineers who can't even service 'I pass my neighbour' yet brag about being a mechanical or electrical engineer.

The cancer that eats Nigeria up: ego and emptiness. If that boy has the qualification you brag so much about, he surely would have been building stuffs to world standards by now instead of rattling over useless papers given by lecturers who, because of lack of innovative thinking, molest students and 'copy and paste' handouts to fund their escapades.

Please I studied mechanical engineering, to become a mechanical Engineer

As for servicing generator, that's maintenance and that's not the job of an engineer but technicians

Please Google engineer and look up its definition and responsibilities
After that tell ur self if am supposed to maintain generator

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by mytym(m): 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
segun400:
The young boy, Mr. Ukoma Michael hails from Ideato north, L.G.A in Imo state but resides in Aba with his parents.

He built a handmade fan using wire meshes which can be powered with a battery. I hear the fan can last for 19 hours if well charged.

He already has his fans package in cartons for sale. .

Ukoma says his vision is to have a company of his own that will specialize in producing fan and aircraft.

Below are some of Ukoma's inventions.

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/08/17/photos-young-nigerian-boy-builds-standing-fan-using-wires-without-electricity/

Excellent talent!
But kindly edit the topic. It uses electricity just not the conventional source.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by chrysso83(m): 10:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
Biafran technology. Proudly 5%.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Esdb3: 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
HungerBAD:
God bless the works of his hands.

This boy will go far.

With the right support,proper materials and machinery,good encouragement with the right education,we will start hearing his name for all the right reasons soon.

I am Proud to be from Imo State.
Proudly Nekede.

No he won't. Here is why. He'll be taught to pass exams in school not to know what he is doing. He might end up not passing the exams because he might WANT TO KNOW not to pass. The dim-wits we call teachers and lecturers will ruin hhis life before he realises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by AyamConfidence(m): 11:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

show us your own na...even if na that type of fan wey we dey carry that year dey run against wind for it to roll we go applaud you...mtchew...see your spelling of "field" sef....smh
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 2:21am On Aug 18, 2016
He needs to be encouraged , not bad mouthed. Rome was not built in a day
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 2:23am On Aug 18, 2016
adimsmt:

Does it really matter if you are Igbo just stop let me tell you, you may see it as rubbish but for this little boy to think and has the ability to make it a reality that in its own is worth celebrating . Here in America where i live people like him are encouraged from the teachers, the school authorities even tech companies some of them have programs that go around school just to fish out little kids like this boy. Let me tell you my 12 years old daughter is in 7th grade right now, she is so interested in knowing how brain functions, she want to be a brain surgeon [Neurologist] she is so brilliant that all she get are A's in all her subjects. Right now the school authority, the teachers are already teaching her about scholarships and the best schools even i have received in the mail about three pamphlets about scholarships for my daughter. Please no matter how you see this young man's innovation don't rubbish it, put this young man in conducive environment he will do wonders believe me.

You nailed it properly.
With mindsets like these, it is still a surprise that this continent is backwards?
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 18, 2016
kabrud:
[s]While I commend him for his hardwork (if everything is original) since he is very young and most likely without the formal education neccesary for the required precision, I must say that there is nothing spectacular in his product and if the igbos are really celebrating this, then I must say that I'm very disappointed in them cos I used to think that they are far ahead of this. Meanwhile, the caption is misleading cos I open this thread beccause of the 'without electricity' only to find out that it is actually 'with electricity (battery)'. This is how I rushed to opened one thread which carries a caption that a Nigerian designed a power generator which uses water as fuel only for me to see nothing but a whole load of rubbish. Scientific breakthrough is not by wishful thinking but by research with the aim of discovering the undiscovered natural laws as a driving objective[/s].

Didn't you read few days ago that Biaffra in 1960-70 were communicating with the world via an indigenous telecommunications system they manufactured to evade wiretap? That British and other supporting western countries could not tap their calls? You think Igbos are your mate...SMH. He's celebrated because at his age to be able to manufactured this from scratch, locally sourced components and without formal education, calls for serious celebration and with a little grooming by Biaffran engineers, is next project would be aircraft propeller.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by OsusuMustFlow(f): 11:23am On Aug 18, 2016
BABANGBALI:
Make I order for 5

1 for me

1 for VickyRotex

1 for Juliaann

1 for osusumustflow

And

1 for rokiatu

were
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by BABANGBALI: 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Kfed4ril(m): 10:03am On Aug 19, 2016
dickrider:
This is one of the reasons why the igbos won't get any biafra. We need their technological know how to build a better and prosperous one Nigeria. The yoruba's are sophisticated and far ahead in academics and politics while the Igbo's knowledge of business and technology is second to none. The only constraint here is the north but we have to keep tolerating them cos the British handed over power to them and they are born to rule Nigeria. Biafra will never come. One nigeria we shall remain. sad

I don't agree with you on the bold above because I'm currently serving in Oyo state and my brother all my notion about Yoruba people just changed. Before now I used to see them as the tribe with the most respect and the number one in academics in Nigeria. But my brother the truth is that Yoruba are living in past glory of wole Soyinka and co.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Greenback: 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2016
kabrud:

and if the igbos are really celebrating
This is how I rushed to "opened"
one thread
grin Greet nusaf for there o.. Rush to OPENED indeed.
Igbo this,igbo that.. grin cheesy grin
Enjoy ya beans.
Op,kudos to the lad jawe,bad belle dey chop bns .

1 Like

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by MrCork: 9:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
Oliviaxx:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL.LWKMD! WICKED!!!!!!!!!!

can I kiss u wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Facts About The Sun You Probably Didn't Know / Civet Killed In Ogun Bush In Osere Matogun / Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.