Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Police Shutdown Rivers Government House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Shutdown Rivers Government House (1201 Views)

Governor Fayose Releases 80% Fuel Meant For Government House / Police Shutdown Rivers Government House / NLC Strike: Rivers Government Threatens Workers With ‘no Work, No Pay’ Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by Ridwan1821: 10:32am On Aug 17, 2016
– The Rivers state government house has been shut down by police officers purportedly acting on the orders of the Inspector General of police
– Efforts to reach the Rivers state commissioner for information, Tam George was unsuccessful as calls placed to his numbers were left unanswered

Reports reaching Naij.com says the Rivers state government house has been shut down by police officers purportedly acting on the orders of the Inspector General of police.
According to pictures made available to our reporter, several armed police men were seen outside the Rivers state government house just as another picture shows a police armored personnel carrier ramming into a Rivers state government vehicle, a Toyota Hilux.
Nwazuruahu Shield, PDP’s director online strategy who spoke with our reporter questioned the police decision to seal off the convention group and some roads in Port Harcourt.
A police armored personnel carrier ramming into a Rivers state government vehicle outside the Rivers state government house
“The fact is democracy is in danger, mosco road is sealed, government house is sealed, our convention ground is sealed, is it a wrong thing to have an opposition party in Nigeria? As I speak to you, Port Harcourt is under lock and key. Buhari and APC should leave us alone.
“The police are carrying out this order despite an earlier order mandating them to monitor this convention. I simply don’t understand,” he said.
Efforts to reach the Rivers state commissioner for information, Tam George was unsuccessful as calls placed to his numbers were left unanswered. Text message sent was also not replied as at press time.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian police have sealed the convention ground of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Sharks Stadium in Port Harcourt, Rivers state, Naij.com can authoritatively report.
According to the police, it sealed off the convention ground after two courts of same jurisdiction gave two conflicting orders on the national convention of the PDP.
https://www.naij.com/931429-breaking-police-shutdown-rivers-government-house-police-rams-vehicles-photos.html?source=breaking

Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2016
Hmmm

Let me confirm this news
Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by Bern1992(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2016
Why are there no pictures

Meanwhile PDP is dead and gone.
Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by locosis007(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2016
River state always an epic state.

Back to back of agberole activities
Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by iokpebholo: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2016
Let's celebrate this complete show of impunity until Nigeria become a failed state. #idontcriticiseanymore#

1 Like

Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 17, 2016
Bern1992:
Why are there no pictures

Meanwhile PDP is dead and gone.

yesterday IPOD, today PDP, tomorrow you ...

1 Like

Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by psucc(m): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2016
So it was this plan that the PBA of Lagos warned Buhari of.

Now we know better why virtually all the security outfits are headed by Fulani/Hausa.

1 Like

Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by Ridwan1821: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2016
cc Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by Ekugbeh(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2016
This is Impunity.
Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by IllegalMoney: 11:24am On Aug 17, 2016
It is over

NIGERIA has finally gone to the dogs

Buhari has taken us back to 1984

1984 is repeating it's self all over again.

Another Military takeover is looming,

3 Likes

Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by kissval1388: 11:30am On Aug 17, 2016
what I still can't understand is why did dis armor tank ram in to the hilux? are they fighting or what
this country iyaf tire me. APC is the most useless , stupid and foolish party I have ever seen in dis world.
I will soon rename my dog to Apc
Re: Police Shutdown Rivers Government House by seunmsg(m): 11:41am On Aug 17, 2016
I support the effort of the police to prevent the breakdown of law and order but any attempt to place the Rivers state governor under any form of arrest is condemnable and cannot be accepted.

Shutting down the Rivers state government house is not part of the Abuja FHC ruling that the police is supposed to enforce.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Gradually Becoming The Aviation Hub - Senators Ben Bruce / National Youth Council Of Nigeria President Now Has A Motorcade? / Injustice Of Revenue Allocation In Nigeria (1) By Ann-kio Briggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.