Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,052 members, 7,859,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:47 PM

Chores For Little Children Around The House. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chores For Little Children Around The House. (1684 Views)

Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chores For Little Children Around The House. by 5minsmadness: 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
Having helping little hands is always a joy for every family. It imbibes responsibility and imparts discipline on the chikd at an early age, giving rise to a well adjusted hardworking and responsible adult. Below are some ages of children and the chores they can carry out at that age.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by yetseyi(f): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
One point in that list for ages 12 and above caught my attention - watch younger siblings.

I have read some arguments about that, how a 13 or 14 year old is still a child still being looked after and should not be watching younger ones.

1 Like

Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by thorpido(m): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
2-3yrs,carry firewood?
Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
5minsmadness:
Having helping little hands is always a joy for every family. It imbibes responsibility and imparts discipline on the chikd at an early age, giving rise to a well adjusted hardworking and responsible adult. Below are some ages of children and the chores they can carry out at that age.

look at this one telling people how to raise children. Di you not tell them you are in another thread advising people to abandon their children..
HYPOCRITE!!

'no be only una sabi follow person' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by 5minsmadness: 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
yetseyi:
One point in that list for ages 12 and above caught my attention - watch younger siblings.

I have read some arguments about that, how a 13 or 14 year old is still a child still being looked after and should not be watching younger ones.

Hmmm.
Probably they meant 12 to 15 can watch thier younger ones under the supervision of an adult while older ones can be left unsupervised. I know a lot of 13yr olds are left alone in the house to cater for thier junior ones while the parents go to work. It is possible.
Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by 5minsmadness: 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
[b][/b]
thorpido:
2-3yrs,carry firefood?
Just the amount they can carry. Probably a stick grin And not unsupervised.
Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by yetseyi(f): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
5minsmadness:

Hmmm.
Probably they meant 12 to 15 can watch thier younger ones under the supervision of an adult while older ones can be left unsupervised. I know a lot of 13yr olds are left alone in the house to cater for thier junior ones while the parents go to work. It is possible.

I am actually not of the opinion that children between 12-15 can't watch over their younger siblings, I was surprised when I saw people arguing over it. I felt maybe because this is naija and children seem to grow faster and take on responsibilities earlier than is expected of folks in other places.

It will be interesting to eat a snack prepared by a 5year old
grin
Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by An0nimus: 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
8-9 change light bulbs? no, can't do cheesy
Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by CoCoLav(f): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
An0nimus:
8-9 change light bulbs? no, can't do cheesy

Not Nigerian kind of bulbs, the table lamp or standing lamp kind of bulbs. The OPs list is for Oyibo children. At 7 years I was the official dishwasher of the house.
Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by sisisioge: 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
grin grin grin

OP wan carry work kill children! Hmmm, I totally long to have mine soon. Would be happy to hear them sing for me, that chore enough jare. Age 1-3 are the most adorable.
Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by Ishilove: 12:49am On Aug 18, 2016
thorpido:
2-3yrs,carry firefood?
It's a list for people living in obodo oyibo where they have fireplaces in their living rooms. The firewood are usually small in size.

Op this list get as e be. 8 years should change the light bulbs? Hian. These people are looking for how they will electrocute our shidren. 6-7 peel potatoes and carrots? You want them to slice their hand join, shey?

Abeg this list no be am jare. Look for a Nigeria-centric list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by Ishilove: 12:53am On Aug 18, 2016
sisisioge:
grin grin grin

OP wan carry work kill children! Hmmm, I totally long to have mine soon. Would be happy to hear them sing for me, that chore enough jare. Age 1-3 are the most adorable.
Yeah...they are very adorable...until they start talking back to you. My younger brother slapped our neighbour's kid some days back for rudeness and arrogance. This is a boy who we all went to his naming ceremony almost 13 years ago, but now he is now feeling no one can correct him.

My bro slapped the thought out of him. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by thorpido(m): 6:49am On Aug 18, 2016
Ishilove:

It's a list for people living in obodo oyibo where they have fireplaces in their living rooms. The firewood are usually small in size.

Op this list get as e be. 8 years should change the light bulbs? Hian. These people are looking for how they will electrocute our shidren. 6-7 peel potatoes and carrots? You want them to slice their hand join, shey?

Abeg this list no be am jare. Look for a Nigeria-centric list

Oh,i never thought of small sticks for the fireplace.The list is more oyinboish anyway.
Re: Chores For Little Children Around The House. by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 18, 2016
Ishilove:

Yeah...they are very adorable...until they start talking back to you. My younger brother slapped our neighbour's kid some days back for rudeness and arrogance. This is a boy who we all went to his naming ceremony almost 13 years ago, but now he is now feeling no one can correct him.

My bro slapped the thought out of him. grin

I can not like and share this comment enough.

(1) (Reply)

20 Things You Don’t Owe Anyone / I Need A Flat Mate In Port Harcourt / Nature Didn’t Wire Anybody To Be Anything,society Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.