Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

The Damage Of Pilgrimage To Nigeria Economy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Damage Of Pilgrimage To Nigeria Economy (453 Views)

5 Highly Suspicious Damage Control Attempts By Apostle Suleman / If I Spend A Day In Detention,it Will Take Nigeria A Year To Repair The Damage / Primate Ayodele's 2017 Prophesies On Politics, Economy, Sports, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Damage Of Pilgrimage To Nigeria Economy by JBismarck(m): 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
So I was informed that Baba Abbey is on his way to Mecca. As a typical Yoruba Youngman, especially with Muslim background, I felt so happy for him. Such news always elicit frenzy jubilation in my formative years.

I felt so dejected for him when someone informed me, upon enquiry, that the whole pilgrimage will gulp nothing less than one million Naira. Why am I unhappy? I'm so not because of Baba Abbey's stupidity to embark on this self-destructive venture but because I pity the future of his dependants.

Make no mistake about it; Baba Abbey is someone I know personally that he can barely foot his bills as father, husband, son, brother, uncle etc. He's a petty 'sawmiller' at Lafenwa Sawmill, Abeokuta.

Let's just assume he's buoyant enough to bankroll such venture, whatever happened to channelling such fund to expanding his business? Well, before you religitards start attacking me with your popular line "what's your business?" lemme state here that when Baba Abbey's struggling business crumbles due to his stupidity and lack of foresight, his now-out-of-school-children would become easy prey to the political thug recruiters.

The level of religious slavery and imperialism in our society is legendary. How do you expect me to be toiling day and night only to now gather the money and embark on tour of unHolly places with the satisfaction that doing that will guarantee me free access to an imaginary hereafter? Argh! The thinking itself sucks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Damage Of Pilgrimage To Nigeria Economy by opeaceo: 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
" I'm so not because of Baba Abbey's stupidity to embark on this self-destructive venture but because I pity the future of his dependants"

Even if he was buoyant, you would still condemn the trip.

emmm, what do you want to hear? Your thinking and writing skills is amazing.

(1) (Reply)

The Masssage Of God To Biafra / Real Reason Why Nigeria Many Eminent Foreign Visitors This Past Days / 3 Harsh Rules Of Life That Will Take Us No Where

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.