Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

How Is Power Supply In Your Area? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Power Supply In Your Area? (20775 Views)

Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? / How Is Electricity Power Supply In Your Area? / Saraki Visits Berlin Germany To Improve Power Supply In Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by loshybab(m): 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Simply put....it's been AWESOME!

They give us like 18-20hrs daily

For my corner here in lagelu citycheesy

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
Mulero area of Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos, CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Youngtrice(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
brostheo:
oboy naso I day hear woh,belike na Oluku I go pack go when school resume
Hehe.. Oluku no too far??
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by photoshoot(m): 7:50am On Aug 19, 2016
Sincere4u:

It didn't come out of this administration. It happened in he last administration. Let's give honour to whom honour is due.

confused lot!
Some of you would say rain, some last administration...

Just to discredit the current administration...
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by photoshoot(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2016
Sincere4u:
No light for days and when it comes it goes off and on like twice every ten minutes damaging appliances.

Hahaha! You are indeed confused, so now are we going to blame the past administration for your no light situation? undecided
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by photoshoot(m): 7:53am On Aug 19, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

So, throughout the 16yrs of PDP rule, we never had this much volume of water in our various dams abi?
I suggest you return to the institution that awarded you your degree and ask for a refund of your fees

I kindly ask and suggest as an experienced Chemical Engineer.

Do not mind them,
They are very confused, that's how one another one said its the work of past administration...
I wonder what they feed on, the hatred for APC is too much
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by mapet: 8:09am On Aug 19, 2016
Apelex:
Light is 24/7

Bonny island.Rivers

Steady power supply.

Thanks to NLNG and Shell

cheesy cheesy

I believe this topic should exclude Bony Island. Bony Island in not on the grid. Part of the NLNG agreement is the the two coys extend power to Bonny Island
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by mapet: 8:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Kacyrose:
It has drastically improved two weeks ago, almost as it was before Buhari took over. I hope it last

You guys are bunch of crap liars. What was the situation of power before Buhari took over? Are you referring to the ones Radio and TV stations were announcing they would shut down due to no power and no diesel?
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by mapet: 8:13am On Aug 19, 2016
rusher14:
Although I think this coincides as usual with the rainy season, it would do a world of good if you specified your location.

Nope. The reason is because 3 Hydro power had recently increased their generating capacity by 100%. Even if the rains increase, if the turbines are not fired up, you will get nothing. Imagine when ND avenger stop blowing up pipeline and about 7 Gas power station comes on stream with over 2GW

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 19, 2016
in ajegunle apapa, lagos. nineteen to 20 hours each day my battery life as not go down 80%
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 19, 2016
mapet:

I believe this topic should exclude Bony Island. Bony Island in not on the grid. Part of the NLNG agreement is the the two coys extend power to Bonny Island
I also heard there is somewhere in ondo have 24/7 light
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by mapet: 8:27am On Aug 19, 2016
What you people fail to realise is that this is market forces at play.

1. Gencos must make money, so they must generate more
2. Government must deliver power on a sustainable basis, so Fashola agreed and implemented the new price regime, that will encourage investors to further invest in more power
3. Discos, whose "gbese" keeps counting day-by-day, cannot but push power to us consumers, so that your credit will run down and you will come and buy more.

So everybody wins

The other thing that we should watch out for is the major regional power Gencos
1. East - Prof. Barth Nnaji's coy
2. North - The Solar power consortium
3. West - Flurry of IPPs
4. South-South - Benin, Akwa Ibom etc

These and many will help free the long-mile grid transmission as what is generated in these areas will first serve these regions and only the left overs will be sent to the grid
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by mapet: 8:28am On Aug 19, 2016
macphilip:
seem the NDA have gone on holiday!

Much of these improvement is not coming from Gas power stations
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by dustmalik: 8:34am On Aug 19, 2016
janellemonae:
Where I stay in Abuja it's 23hrs a day for like 2 months now.

Where do you stay in Abuja? I'm not asking for specifics, just the area.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by dustmalik: 8:46am On Aug 19, 2016
michaelandre:
I also heard there is somewhere in ondo have 24/7 light
All states have select areas where light is hardly taken these days. In Abuja, for instance, places around airport road have constant light. I also know some places within Abuja metropolitan where, if not for heavy rain or wind, light is constant.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by DUOz(m): 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
moski5:

lol
ugbowo is in d outskirts of benin/Edo
lol
Damn places like irua nd okada av lite tell me about outskirts. We r humans too
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by chadwickcollins(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
Worst
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
photoshoot:

confused lot!
Some of you would say rain, some last administration...

Just to discredit the current administration...
What exactly has this administration done about power?.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
photoshoot:

Hahaha! You are indeed confused, so now are we going to blame the past administration for your no light situation? undecided
Only photoshoot can be blamed cos the light comes off and on like it's photo shooting.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Frankgoz(m): 11:29am On Dec 24, 2016

So, throughout the 16yrs of PDP rule, we never had this much volume of water in our various dams abi?
I suggest you return to the institution that awarded you your degree and ask for a refund of your fees

I kindly ask and suggest as an experienced Chemical Engineer.

It took me almost 4 months to quote u and that is because I want the present situation of things to ultimately prove you wrong. Merry xmass in advance and how is the power situation in ur area. Always learn to separate ur emotions from reality!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To The Death Of 22 Students Who Crash On Their Way For Excursion / Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement / Tinubu, El-rufai, Others Attends Bisi Akande 80th Birthday In Ibadan - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.