Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,656 members, 7,862,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:22 AM

Crook Cleans Out Dead Woman's Bank Account ... Vanishes Into Thin Air - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Crook Cleans Out Dead Woman's Bank Account ... Vanishes Into Thin Air (542 Views)

Money Ritual: Voodoo Priest "Produces Wads Of Money From Thin Air" (Video) / Manhood Of Man Who Gave Crippled Beggar Money At Ikeja Vanishes - Instagram User / Police Arrest Female Suspect Who Cleans Expiry Date On Food Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crook Cleans Out Dead Woman's Bank Account ... Vanishes Into Thin Air by tyokunbo(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
WHEN Sibongile Mbokane died in 2008, she had more than R30 000 in her bank account.

However by February the following year, all the money was gone. A person unknown to the family managed to obtain a letter of authority, transferred all the money to a newly created bank account, and vanished into thin air.

Sibongile’s sister, Nurse Mbokane (45) of Mayflower in Mpumalanga, said they were still trying to obtain a letter of authority from the high court, not knowing the account had been cleaned out.

“After my sister died I took custody of her son, who was 15 at the time.

“We also began applying for the letter of authority, as the bank would not release Sibongile’s estate to me without it. But for months we kept being sent from pillar to post by both the South Gauteng High Court in Joburg and Piet Retief Magistrates Court in Mpumalanga.

“They would not give us the letter of authority without us showing them the bank statement.”

Sergeant Gerald Sedibe said the matter is still under investigation, but detectives are waiting on the bank to supply them with a number of documents that form part of the probe.

Dumezulu Shiburi from First National Bank said the matter is being urgently investigated.[url]WHEN Sibongile Mbokane died in 2008, she had more than R30 000 in her bank account. However by February the following year, all the money was gone. A person unknown to the family managed to obtain a letter of authority, transferred all the money to a newly created bank account, and vanished into thin air.

Sibongile’s sister, Nurse Mbokane (45) of Mayflower in Mpumalanga, said they were still trying to obtain a letter of authority from the high court, not knowing the account had been cleaned out.

“After my sister died I took custody of her son, who was 15 at the time.

“We also began applying for the letter of authority, as the bank would not release Sibongile’s estate to me without it. But for months we kept being sent from pillar to post by both the South Gauteng High Court in Joburg and Piet Retief Magistrates Court in Mpumalanga.

“They would not give us the letter of authority without us showing them the bank statement.”

Sergeant Gerald Sedibe said the matter is still under investigation, but detectives are waiting on the bank to supply them with a number of documents that form part of the probe.

Dumezulu Shiburi from First National Bank said the matter is being urgently investigated.https://abiolaadetokunbo./2016/08/17/crook-cleans-out-dead-womans-bank-account-vanishes-into-thin-air/

1 Like

Re: Crook Cleans Out Dead Woman's Bank Account ... Vanishes Into Thin Air by knight05(m): 5:47am On Aug 18, 2016
. call me when this shit hit fp

(1) (Reply)

13-year-old Boy Shot And Killed By Police After Pulling Out Toy Gun -hubtiva.com / Muhammed Buhari Must Be Arrested / Upcoming Artiste Brutalized By Nigerian Police(pictures+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.