Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,441 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills (18877 Views)

Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by Tobium1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hello nairalanders, I really need your advice/comments on this. My tenant has been a thorn in my flesh, in the sense that, he has been accumulating his phcn bill for quite a long time now (7months to be precise, amounting to about N127000). Pls, i'ld like to hear from folks in the house on how to deal with such stubborn tenant.
Btw, the Last tenant cleared all his bills before vacating the house.

Dear mods, please do the needful for an enraged nairalander
Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by searchng4love: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
Get a garnishee order on his salary or properties

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
Inform phcn....mayb they can disconnect d light to hia own apartment..... #only his own apartment. Cos if d guy shld park out, na OYO

#meanwhile, check my signature

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by brunofarad(m): 6:20am On Aug 18, 2016
Disconnect the wires to his own apartment

And always make sure to supervise it...

To make sure he doesn't connect it back again...
He will get tired and come to you for ammendments grin

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by bettercreature(m): 6:20am On Aug 18, 2016
Disconnect his/her light,it's very simple

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by Poorboy: 6:21am On Aug 18, 2016
Tackle the way Germany been tackle Nigeria yesterday. Mtcheeew

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 18, 2016
Is it that they refused to pay or what?

Like what's their reasons

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by CindyHart1: 6:22am On Aug 18, 2016
That's wickedness. Disconnect his light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by oloyeagbaakin(m): 6:22am On Aug 18, 2016
Beat him
Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by gbaskiboy: 6:24am On Aug 18, 2016
OP do you have AK47, If you have one, you will thanks me later

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by Sunofgod(m): 6:24am On Aug 18, 2016
Lawyer...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by javijabor1(m): 6:24am On Aug 18, 2016
You no collect caution fee?

The light should have been disconnected before the bill exceeds the caution fee.

Abi Nepa no dey work for una area. undecided undecided

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by Uchehot: 6:24am On Aug 18, 2016
Tackle him the way dollar is been tackle naira

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by BE811APP: 6:26am On Aug 18, 2016
angry
Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by techjuu(m): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2016
such a person are everywhere, disconnect his light and forget about his huge debt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by lonelydora: 6:28am On Aug 18, 2016
Just disconnect the light to his flat or call PHCN to do it, as simple as that.

If it gets to the level you want him out, Tell him you want to renovate his flat, and call in a carpenter days later to start removing his roof. Thank me later. Well, this method only works in Ikwerre land, do not try it elsewhere.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by javijabor1(m): 6:29am On Aug 18, 2016
clow:

Ode

Dundee

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by Iscoalarcon: 6:30am On Aug 18, 2016
127000 in 7months shocked Op in which place are you leaving it seems like you guys have stable electricity lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by tommy2912(m): 6:32am On Aug 18, 2016
127k for 7 months? Do u guys have light 24/7? If no? Then I won't pay a dime

34 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 6:33am On Aug 18, 2016
Tobium1:
Hello nairalanders, I really need your advice/comments on this. My tenant has been a thorn in my flesh, in the sense that, he has been accumulating his phcn bill for quite a long time now (7months to be precise, amounting to about N127000). Pls, i'ld like to hear from folks in the house on how to deal with such stubborn tenant.
Btw, the Last tenant cleared all his bills before vacating the house.

Dear mods, please do the needful for an enraged nairalander
LIGHT DEY FOR UNA AREA WELLA

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by odiagabros(m): 6:34am On Aug 18, 2016
Hahaha
Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by dhalizm: 6:35am On Aug 18, 2016
127k in 7 months? Does he live alone in an estate? I live in a 5 bedroom dup and I dont accumulate that much...
Something is wrong here, and thats why he isnt paying.... Has he been paying before now? Or maybe the bill was accumulated before he moved in...
Find out his concerns and try to work it out with him.

But if you ask me, theres something you arent telling us.

57 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by brostheo(m): 6:36am On Aug 18, 2016
kill him and make FP in nairaland.una story go surely reach here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by olaolaking: 6:36am On Aug 18, 2016
127000naira in 7 months, is he operating a refinery there? That is the reason he is not paying. As a landlord, try to help him to complain to Nepa about the crazy bill. It is not only your rent that you should be after. Seek for welfare, progress, well being, convenience of your tenant too. If you don't show concern of their problems, you are on your own when they begin to rebel

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by Alexgeneration(m): 6:37am On Aug 18, 2016
Pls answer these questions before you "tackle your tenant. Do you have the light in your area? How did the bill amount to #127000,just in 7 months? Have you asked the tenant the reasons why he refused to pay?

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by idu1(m): 6:40am On Aug 18, 2016
127k ke
Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 18, 2016
Disconnect their points from the main switch, simple
Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 6:43am On Aug 18, 2016
Just send them packing
Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by whyx06(m): 6:45am On Aug 18, 2016
OK
Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 18, 2016
searchng4love:
Get a garnishee order on his salary or properties

lol.

He can't get that unless he is enforcing some ruling or judgment na.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle My Stubborn Tenants Who Has Refused To Pay His Phcn Bills by uboma(m): 6:48am On Aug 18, 2016
dhalizm:
127k in 7 months? Does he live alone in an estate? I live in a 5 bedroom dup and I dont accumulate that much...
Something is wrong here, and thats why he isnt paying.... Has he been paying before now? Or maybe the bill was accumulated before he moved in...
Find out his concerns and try to work it out with him.

But if you ask me, theres something you arent telling us.

You are very right.

There is something the original poster is not saying.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City / 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos / Heavy Fire Outbreak At Makoko Slum In Lagos, Properties Destroyed. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.