Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? (4839 Views)

Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child. / Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists / 2009- Nigeria In Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Tudor6(f): 11:05am On Sep 28, 2009
sayso:

In church on Sunday 27th September we prayed for Nigeria and with faith in our hearts things will definitely be better come 2010

Dude we've been praying for 49 years!

When Nigeria got independence we prayed, military coups we prayed, civil war we prayed, massive corruption, dwindling economic fortunes and widespread poverty, we are praying, elections are rigged we pray. For decades churches like RCCG block fedral expressways monthly killing and wounding a few all for prayer. Every October 1st pastor chris will distribute free rapsody of realities urging us to pray, churches even have special intercessory prayers and crusades for nigeria. Yesterday I switched on to NTA international and saw politicians doing thanksgiving and prayer service for Nigeria(this they do every year). . . .

INSPITE of all these we're still one of the poorest and most corrupt nations. Poverty is so rampant you can feel it with your hands. . . .What more evidence do stupid Nigerians need to know that God is a deaf and dumb useless fu.ckhead?? ??

This country will keep going down when we refuse to stand up and act instead choosing to troop to camp grounds to bind the devil.

Nigeria would remain as useless as shit as long as we exalt crooks who call themselves men of god as our national heroes and legends, yet these same people are the friends and spiritual fathers of our oppressors.

It's only WE that can demand and effect change and not by invoking any jewish ghost.

@topic.
There's nothing to celebrate. . . Nigeria is a failure.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by german007(m): 11:13am On Sep 28, 2009
@Tudor

Sir Can you please identify yourself and Tender your evidence and status.

Who are you, What are your belief's and ideologies.

What are your definitive characteristics?.

Many Thanks
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by nethacker(m): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2009
german007:

@Tudor

Sir Can you please identify yourself and Tender your evidence and status.

Who are you, What are your belief's and ideologies.

What are your definitive characteristics?.

Many Thanks
was just abt asking the above questions. I think he said d truth but he needs HELP
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by jidobaba(m): 11:25am On Sep 28, 2009
@tudor, something comes from all those prayers, y'know. at least pastor life dey better  sad
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by bidemi12(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2009
@tudor you just about killed this thread. if i were you i will keep such opinions to yourself and reveal it only to your master, the devil, at night when and where always meet.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by kayalcomp: 11:53am On Sep 28, 2009
Nothing to celebrate at all!  If you want to know the true situation of this country go inquire from common men.    They should rather think of how to move this country forward rather than wasting millions of naira celebrating Independence that is not reflecting in the life of Nigerians.

Our situation In NIgeria is like being at the river bank and using spit to wash hand.  We lack OR are in shortage  of many things that we are supposed to be getting sufficiently.  But let all our leaders know this that "He who rules and his people enjoy him the world will not forget him, and he who rules his people badly will also be remembered".
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by xreal: 11:56am On Sep 28, 2009
Something to celebrate or not. Say a word of prayer in favour of Nigeria - at least.

As for me, I'ld say may GOD eliminate those 'corrupt big fools'. AMEN
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by U1(m): 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2009
Mr Tudor, may God have mercy on you. I guess you thought you created yourself or happen by accident. sad
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by soulamanne(m): 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2009
joblessness,school closures,docs on dtrike,kidnapin, congrats yar adua and his fellow ninnies
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by StEdwin(m): 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2009
@Tudor, Why such beliefs in this modern world. If you don't believe in God, then don't castigate those who worship Him.
For all I know, The Bible says " Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm." I warn thee.
Just focus on the topic and don't drift from what's on ground.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Hopely: 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2009
1 of October is the day Nigeria got there independence ok we outh to celebrate it. cos of all ths yrs of suffering we found freedom is really good to let go of want the leaders is doing and consecrate on how u as individual we help ur country to fight against this problems facing us and our future, but we no dat wit God all things are possible let just pray on a good Nigerian and not to jug who is doing the right work or not no body is perfect even if u go there who nos how ur own will be just leave all dat and celebrate a happy Nigeria .to all cerebrate of naija happy freedom 4rm me to u wise u all the best of luck and a happy begin 4 my country Nigeria.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by monopolist: 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2009
49yrs of trying to see

trying to walk

trying to run

trying to fly

trying to soar

We must drop off our heavy load and take the light load of the King of Kings Jesus Christ and The Kingdom

All these deceptive democracies are heavy self-inflicted loads that must be dropped for the Nation to Soar in Glory.

I see Nigeria become a Kingdom.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by MUNEER2(m): 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
i can't imagine myself living in a country that has no future for its' youth, but i find myself in it anyway, the trend decreases as it aged, and there's no sign of nigeria developing in the year 2020, it's  only a dream, we'll all soon wake up. verily, the generation before us has failed, it's a pity, :-x. but the big question is, how won't our generation fail?
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by donaremu(m): 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2009
@Tudor,

God has done His part but Nigerians have not done their parts. God has bless Nigeria with many things but Nigerians has failed to cease the opportunities.

There is nothing to celebrate at 49.
Nigeria is still a babe.
Seven Point Agenda - FAILURE.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Nezan(m): 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2009
Nothing worthy has happened within these past two years. May God help us.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Tudor6(f): 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2009
St. Edwin:

@Tudor, Why such beliefs in this modern world. If you don't believe in God, then don't castigate those who worship Him.
For all I know, The Bible says " Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm." I warn thee.

What is shameful is that in this age of scientific knowledge and technology you're still waiting for prophets.

Just focus on the topic and don't drift from what's on ground.
What have I said that is not currently on ground?
How have I drifted from the topic?

Mind you my post was in response to a guy who said they prayed yesterday in church and we should faith things will be better. . .what the f.ck is that? I only said we've been praying for 49 years!
If God is not totally deaf and useless then what?
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by otokx(m): 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2009
When will we be tired of sending our prayers to the clouds?
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Tudor6(f): 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2009
U1:

Mr Tudor, may God have mercy on you. I guess you thought you created yourself or happen by accident.   sad

I don't need Gods mercy. Tell God to have mercy on nigeria and stop collecting our tithes and offerings for nothing.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Thor(m): 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2009
Nothing to celebrate at all, not even the stupid Nigerian APC!

Time for Nigeria to be broken up lipsrsealed

This cancer has to die once and for all before it makes it too 50 angry
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Tudor6(f): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2009
bidemi12:

@tudor   you just about killed this thread. if i were you i will keep such opinions to yourself and reveal it only to your master, the devil, at night when and where always meet.
See how nigerians refuse to advance past these 200BC ideas and myths?
How are people who think men and women turn into bats and fly at night supposed to help move this nation forward. . . . I weep for this country.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by bjcisse: 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2009
funny post from everyone!

God will intervene one day with force. God has being trying to help but, we Nigerians will not allow God work to rain. So what do we all expect. Once God intervene forcefully, just because of the common man, he will replace all power holders to his own people, i.e those that have fear of God in mind before doing anything. those that will take the common man problem key just like their own family.

As for independent day, what do we expect, our politician will surely rejoice and celebrant because they see their self enrichment as blessing from God.

Don't worry all, some people are going to be rich on the independents day because, contracts shall be awarded for the celebration because its some people that will organize the whole event.

Run go submit your bid to aso rock all.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Thor(m): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2009
If God can not intervene when 6 million jews are murdered, what makes you think he will intervene in a shit country like Nigeria?
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by saworoide: 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2009
There is really nothing to celebrate about Nigeria@49. But that will not stop me from celebrating my birthday on that day. In case you want to partake , just go to any state stadium or Eagle square in Abuja and you'll be received by my PA's (State Governors) as they will be on ground to spend yet another large chunk of the federal resources to celebrate mark my birthday. Don't forget I've already declared the day a public holiday to allow you partake in the activities lined up for the day  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by jidobaba(m): 2:15pm On Sep 28, 2009
Thor:

If God can not intervene when 6 million jews are murdered, what makes you think he will intervene in a shit country like Nigeria?
hmmm, abi o
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by sherrylo: 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2009
Nigeria is shit,Nigeria is a failed state,Nigeria is this and that. Is that all we know? is that the way forward?no constructive criticism but names?
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by rooney86(m): 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2009
oct 1 na public holiday.
anoda reason to smoke weed & take shekpe.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by maddock(m): 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2009
Comon Guys, how can we all give up on our dear country. We are young and energetic and the future of this great nation to a large extent depends on us all. Its so so sad that we are all of the opinion that nothing good can come out of this nation. But lets ask ourselves what have we as individuals done to better the state of the nation.
Somebody said something that since the first republic we always been having bad leaders but where did these bad leaders come from? from amongst us and not from cameroon or togo. So until the average Nigeria change his mindset about this country, things will continue to remain the way it is.And this include YOU, YES YOU.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Thor(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2009
sherry lo:

Nigeria is shit,Nigeria is a failed state,Nigeria is this and that. Is that all we know? is that the way forward?no constructive criticism but names?

You said it, Nigeria stinks  lipsrsealed

Anybody that thinks that Nigeria can be saved needs to see a head doctor  angry
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by cosmaths(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2009
Am speechless for dis nation some times i imagine wat a nigerian is facing out in other countries. Really i dnt see us celebrating anything i only see d leaders celebrating dem selves nd drinking to there foolishness nd stupidity really it hurting. . . . Giant of africa to me a dwarf sees farther dan dis giant cuz is it d strike we wnt 2 celebrate or d failed 7 point agenda or d messed up banks nd kidnapping dat is now very prominent nd lucrative at least dey would resolved one issue cuz we in misery nd we r trying 2 find solace in it God forbid bad thing tufiakwa 9ja. I pray for our puppet leader nd the puppeteer may doom neva come ur way only wen u change. THERE IS DEFINATELY NUFINK TO CELEBRATE
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2009
Anything To Celebrate?

Yeah celebrate the public holiday you all will get. tongue
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by xreal: 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2009
@Tudor
PRAYERS!, Yes these prayers are good, they push WAR far away from the land. Liberia, S. leone and the likes didn't go through half of what Nigeria has been going through, yet its WAR.
Beleive it or not, GOD exists and he is never dumb. He answers prayers, at least he's been answering mine.
Believe in GOD.

BABA GOD! YOU THREE MUCH.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Tudor6(f): 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2009
xreal:

@Tudor
PRAYERS!,  Yes these prayers are good, they push WAR far away from the land. Liberia, S. leone and the likes didn't go through half of what Nigeria has been going through, yet its WAR.
Beleive it or not, GOD exists and he is never dumb. He answers prayers, at least he's been answering mine.
Believe in GOD.

BABA GOD! YOU THREE MUCH.
What happened during the civil war of the 70's, heh?
God was probably smoking marijuana when he forgot he was supposed to be pushing war to sierraleone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

S/court Judgment: Politically Motivated, Has Little Judicial Content – Buhari / Breaking: Omisore Leads In Agodi, Ilesha And Kirikri Prisons With Wide A Margin / Short Interview, Buhari’s daughter Halima speaks about her dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.