Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,613 members, 7,820,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Where Does Kwara Really Belong? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Does Kwara Really Belong? (18754 Views)

Does She Really Belong To The Kitchen Or Ze Oza Room (photo) / Buhari's Contribution To Aisha's Career : Does She Really Belong In The Kitchen? / Does This Government Really Belong To The Youths? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by deleib(m): 12:14am On Aug 18, 2016

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by OPCNAIRALAND: 12:31am On Aug 18, 2016
OP,
You should actually regard this a plus! No one denies that Kwara state as a whole is a Yoruba state, no one! Even the Northerners admit to it that Kwara belongs to Yoruba. It is a plus that Yorubas have footprints in North, represented by Kwara and Kogi states. Similarly we have footprints in Delta, represented by Ondo state.

In terms of culture we can be found in Itsekiri and as well in Anioma. So you should be proud of the spread. Do not forget who you are because we in SW do not forget you and at every opportunity we stand up and fight away enemies who may have ideas about changing your land and your ethnicity, they can never succeed. Yorubaland extend to Jebba, Lokoja and Niger Delta.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by alfonso36(m): 12:54am On Aug 18, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
OP,
You should actually regard this a plus! No one denies that Kwara state as a whole is a Yoruba state, no one! Even the Northerners admit to it that Kwara belongs to Yoruba. It is a plus that Yorubas have footprints in North, represented by Kwara and Kogi states. Similarly we have footprints in Delta, represented by Ondo state.

In terms of culture we can be found in Itsekiri and as well in Anioma. So you should be proud of the spread. Do not forget who you are because we in SW do not forget you and at every opportunity we stand up and fight away enemies who may have ideas about changing your land and your ethnicity, they can never succeed. Yorubaland extend to Jebba, Lokoja and Niger Delta.

Soery bro, Lokoja belongs to the igalas not horuba

7 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 18, 2016
deleib:
Though I Was Born And Raised In Ibadan And By All Right I'm An Ibadan Man But I'm Very Concerned About Kwara State Cos My Father Is From There.

Who Really Put Kwara In The Northern Nigeria? Considering The Fact That Majority Of Us Are Yorubas Because We Have Numerous Obas In The LGAs And Just An Emir In Ilorin. I Hate it When I'm Being Told I'm From The North.

If Nigeria Were To Be Divided, Where Will Kwara Fall; To The North Or To The West. Or The Yorubas Will Go To The West And The Nupe And Co Will Follow The North?

To My Yoruba Kwarans, Where Do We Belong?

You have to remove the word hatred from your dictionary for the sake of humanity, I guess you have been misinformed by media of what exactly the north is. Don't allow differences in region or Tribe to make you a fool.

Kwara belongs to the north and that cannot be changed, nobody will migrate to any part even if Nigeria is to divide. I guess you hate being referred to as northerner bcux of how people who hav never been to the north speak about it, calling useless names like Ab0ki na cow, they are illiterate, they are all almajiris etc.

Going by history Central northern part of Nigeria have once tried to be more associated to the southwestern during Obasanjo regime, but it doesn't go well.

The UN certified former terrorist group "OPC " launched attacks on northerners living in Southwest Nigeria. People of Northcentral Nigeria (Kwara) are also attacked despite their uniformity in tribe. The southwest people says, northerner is a northerner weda 4rm kwara or not. This is one of the major reason the North central feels more comfortably referred to as north.

One of my major example is you. You are a northerner born in southwest being discriminated by southwesterners, then you decide to hate the north. After hating the north, they will still call you a northerner. double wahala 4 u.

My Final message to you and any1 reading.

Human beings are equal before our creator, the best among you is who fears him most. There should be no discrimination on tribes, races, regional and in whatever capacity. We should learn traditional, norms and culture of various societies.

It does not matter your tribe, region or ethnicity. God made it the way he want. Who are u to question God?

Its only through education that we can transform the society and gain an insight into lifestyle of others and thereby help us appreciate diversity and learn to live in peace and harmony with one another.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Sabadon(m): 1:11am On Aug 18, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
OP,

kwara once belonged to d Yoruba's bt d northern conquest of d region brought abt installation of emirs instead of obas,and hence is nw part of d north,Yorubas should stand their ground as this conquest continues,judging from the influence of Islam on Oyo which is the closest to kwara jst do a survey u will realise that ogbomosho (which is very close to kwara) is almost purely Muslim, d trend continues southward bt in a descending manner,jst comparing u will notice that Yoruba Muslims diminish as u progress southwards from kwara to Lagos.......jst my simple take no religious bigotry intended

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:33am On Aug 18, 2016
alfonso36:

Soery bro, Lokoja belongs to the igalas not horuba

What is the meaning of Lokoja in Igala language?

9 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:54am On Aug 18, 2016
FriendChoice:

You have to remove the word hatred from your dictionary for the sake of humanity, I guess you have been misinformed by media of what exactly the north is. Don't allow differences in region or Tribe to make you a fool.

Kwara belongs to the north and that cannot be changed, nobody will migrate to any part even if Nigeria is to divide. I guess you hate being referred to as northerner bcux of how people who hav never been to the north speak about it, calling useless names like Ab0ki na cow, they are illiterate, they are all almajiris etc.

Going by history Central northern part of Nigeria have once tried to be more associated to the southwestern during Obasanjo regime, but it doesn't go well.

The UN certified former terrorist group "OPC " launched attacks on northerners living in Southwest Nigeria. People of Northcentral Nigeria (Kwara) are also attacked despite their uniformity in tribe. The southwest people says, northerner is a northerner weda 4rm kwara or not. This is one of the major reason the North central feels more comfortably referred to as north.

One of my major example is you. You are a northerner born in southwest being discriminated by southwesterners, then you decide to hate the north. After hating the north, they will still call you a northerner. double wahala 4 u.

Human beings are equal before our creator, the best among you is who fears him most. There should be no discrimination on tribes, races, regional and in whatever capacity. We should learn traditional, norms and culture of various societies.

It does not matter your tribe, region or ethnicity. God made it the way he want. Who are u to question God?

Its only through education that we can transform the society and gain an insight into lifestyle of others and thereby help us appreciate diversity and learn to live in peace and harmony with one another.

First, OPC did not attack Yorubas. OPC went to Kwara and dealt a heavy hand on Fulani who harrassed Yoruba farmers and they threatened to depose Emir Ilorin. The Emir alerted security and the border crossings into Kwara was blocked off thwarthing OPC advance.

Get your facts right!

Second, all Government gazzettes on the origin, culture, customs and language of Kwara affirm it is Yorubaland with Baruba and Nupe as few minorities. Borgu has two or three LGs and Nupe has one, the rest belong to Yoruba.

Colonial records and even records of military government accept Kwara as a Yorubaland. During military rule and in the awareness that population anf land mass is an advantage for North, changed Kwara from West Central State to North Central State.

Yorubas saw the political advantage this would play in our favor and never reversed it. Smart move! It has continued to play to our advantage ever since. The North had made concessions to Kwara in respect of its membership in the ArewaCouncil,which otherwise could not have been possible if it was not a Northern state. It enjoys quota in the North, with Yorubas filling important positions as a result. Example is Northern Nigeria Development Corporation, the North version of Oodua Investment Corporation.

Stop speaking out of your @$$ if you dont have facts for foundation.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:05am On Aug 18, 2016
Sabadon:
kwara once belonged to d Yoruba's bt d northern conquest of d region brought abt installation of emirs instead of obas,and hence is nw part of d north,Yorubas should stand their ground as this conquest continues,judging from the influence of Islam on Oyo which is the closest to kwara jst do a survey u will realise that ogbomosho (which is very close to kwara) is almost purely Muslim, d trend continues southward bt in a descending manner,jst comparing u will notice that Yoruba Muslims diminish as u progress southwards from kwara to Lagos.......jst my simple take no religious bigotry intended

Behind Kanuri, Yorubaland had practiced Islam even before Hausa. Beside, Islam is a religion,not a spirituality, therefore we are not threatened by spread of Islam or Christianity. We have a spirituality that cannot be displaced in our gene and philosophy.

Anything else you want throw out on religion?

16 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Kakamorufu(m): 6:47am On Aug 18, 2016
kwara could be classified as a yoruba state considering the fact that there are more of yoruba speakers there, buh since an emir with fulani ancestryrules the capital, you can't deny that fact that it could be classified as a fulani(nothern) state. My own perspect

1 Like

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by deleib(m): 6:48am On Aug 18, 2016
@OPCNAIRALAND, Exactly what i'm asking: which son of kwara state made the military change kwara frm west central to north central? where were the large yoruba kwarans when this thing was done?

i think this was deliberately perpetrated by the likes of idiagbon and saraki because they both later claim to be fulanis so as to politically aligned themselves to the north.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 18, 2016
Though predominantly dominated by Yorubas, Kwara is a Northern state. The litmus test here isn't the most dominant tribe, but where it falls under the zones.

What's wrong? lol

1 Like

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by mcroth61(m): 7:26am On Aug 18, 2016
[quote author=OPCNAIRALAND post=48577011]

What is the meaning of Lokoja in Igala language?[/am sure dis person know notin about d regions in 9ja
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Lajet: 7:27am On Aug 18, 2016
Kwara belong to your master fulani

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by dreamworld: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2016
Thats nigerian zoning system, yoruba indigene may be in kwara but
Kwara is not 100% yoruba state the same way some south south states may have indiginous ibos but not a 100%ibo state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by deleib(m): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2016
Gaborone:
Though predominantly dominated by Yorubas, Kwara is a Northern state. The litmus test here isn't the most dominant tribe, but where it falls under the zones.

What's wrong? lol
but kwara was unda west central b4 it's put unda north central!
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Thisis2raw(m): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
OP,

Which state here in Niger Delta will you fine yorubas

7 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 18, 2016
deleib:
but kwara was unda west central b4 it's put unda north central!

That means west central is the past, and North central is the PRESENT.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by juman(m): 8:24am On Aug 18, 2016
OP, stop disturbing your mind on nothing. grin

Kwarans really belong to kwara state.

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by deleib(m): 8:47am On Aug 18, 2016
Gaborone:

That means west central is the past, and North central is the PRESENT.
Are u a kwaran?
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 18, 2016
deleib:
Are u a kwaran?
No, I'm not. Why?
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 18, 2016
juman:
OP, stop disturbing your mind on nothing. grin
Kwarans really belong to kwara state.
...and Kwara state belongs to 'somebody'...the North. grin

9 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by KINGwax007(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2016
How is Kwara even yourba to u people? Let's be realistic... because afonja goes all the way to settle there doesn't mean he didn't meet some locals there...

After Oyo state is ondo, then Edo and kogi.. And funny enuff, jogi was carved out if Kwara state. Why wld u say Kwara is yourba and kogi is middle belt?

Kwara is not a nothern state.. It is more like kogi which has many tirbes including Yoruba, claiming their own settlement. In kogi, there are igala, ebira, kabba, okun etc who were all kwarans when kogi was never existing!

So, was it afonja who actually created Kwara?

The answer is no... It just like saying South Africa belongs to the whites because they predominated the place!

Kwara is middle belt and not a Yoruba state! Middle belts are known to house a lot of other tribes who always claimes the land as theirs!

5 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by outknow: 9:39am On Aug 18, 2016
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by outknow: 9:44am On Aug 18, 2016
deleib:
Though I Was Born And Raised In Ibadan And By All Right I'm An Ibadan Man But I'm Very Concerned About Kwara State Cos My Father Is From There.

Who Really Put Kwara In The Northern Nigeria? Considering The Fact That Majority Of Us Are Yorubas Because We Have Numerous Obas In The LGAs And Just An Emir In Ilorin. I Hate it When I'm Being Told I'm From The North.

If Nigeria Were To Be Divided, Where Will Kwara Fall; To The North Or To The West. Or The Yorubas Will Go To The West And The Nupe And Co Will Follow The North?

My dear, let the truth be told. Yorubas are cowards
Your state was conquered by fulani
That is why you have emir
The way Lagos was conquer by benin kingdom giving birth to Oba.

Google is your friend

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by juman(m): 10:32am On Aug 18, 2016
Gaborone:

...and Kwara state belongs to 'somebody'...the North.
grin

I laughed. grin grin
We kwarans are northerners as well. So what is your problem?

Kurds are in iran, iraq, syria, turkey.

Even what is special being a southwest man.
South west that has all its cities, towns, and villages as slums. grin

I am kwaran and northerner. A yoruba ọyọ person, nothing can change that.

5 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by AgentOrange: 10:36am On Aug 18, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
OP,

Ilorin has been annexed by the fulani and they have also threatened yorubas that if Nigeria should break, they will tyake everything.

Let me remind you of the pronouncement of one of your Fulani masters, Alhaji Aliyu Gwarzo:

"...We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and most of them chose the Koran..."

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by AgentOrange: 10:38am On Aug 18, 2016
KINGwax007:
How is Kwara even yourba to u people? Let's be realistic... because afonja goes all the way to settle there doesn't mean he didn't meet some locals there...

After Oyo state is ondo, then Edo and kogi.. And funny enuff, jogi was carved out if Kwara state. Why wld u say Kwara is yourba and kogi is middle belt?

Kwara is not a nothern state.. It is more like kogi which has many tirbes including Yoruba, claiming their own settlement. In kogi, there are igala, ebira, kabba, okun etc who were all kwarans when kogi was never existing!

So, was it afonja who actually created Kwara?

The answer is no... It just like saying South Africa belongs to the whites because they predominated the place!

Kwara is middle belt and not a Yoruba state! Middle belts are known to house a lot of other tribes who always claimes the land as theirs!

Why are you now trying to deny your land of Ilorin cos of shame?

Ilorin used to be yorubaland. Those days yorubas had different titles like the ruler of the Oyo empire was called Alaafin not Oba.

The bottom line is that the traditional ruler of Ilorin should be a Yoruba title and not EMIR.

See extracts from this link, you can read further:

The only important difference is that the Nupes, being much less numerous than the Yorubas, were completely absorbed into the Empire, [size=20pt]whereas in llorin the Fulani succeeded in detaching and assimilating only one of the many States of Yorubaland.[/size]

To the south-east of Old Oyo lay the city and district of florin, an important bastion which was governed by a military commander called Afonja.

http://www.webpulaaku.net/defte/hasJohnston/ch13.html

2 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by bligs: 10:43am On Aug 18, 2016
FriendChoice:

So Oyedepo from Omu - Aran in kwara is now a northerner abi? What will you call the ppl of Offa, Erin - Ile etc?

7 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by AgentOrange: 10:45am On Aug 18, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

OP,
[s]Yorubaland extend to Jebba, Lokoja and Niger Delta. [/s]

Yorubaland ends in five SW states i.e oyo, ogun, ondo, ekiti & osun, simple.

Lagos is a heritage of all Nigerians.

That is how you go about shouting that Igboland ends in five SE states. angry angry angry

Stop grabbing land oga.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by AgentOrange: 10:46am On Aug 18, 2016
bligs:

So Oyedepo from Omu - Aran in kwara is now a northerner abi? What will you call the ppl of Offa, Erin - Ile etc?

yes, he can be classified as a northerner.

yorbaland ends in SW only.

12 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by AgentOrange: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2016
deleib:

[size=24pt]The North will keep Ilorin and Offa if Nigeria breaks, Junaid warns Yorubas[/size]

In the event of the breakup of Nigeria, which will be very unfortunate, the North is the only component that will remain one and united.

And we will retain Abuja as the capital of that truncated Nigeria much to our displeasure. We also have two other cities which...>>>READ: https://www.facebook.com/1034730479905716/photos/a.1075040309208066.1073741828.1034730479905716/1087625714616192/?type=3&theater

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Omololu007(m): 10:53am On Aug 18, 2016
AgentOrange:

Ilorin has been annexed by the fulani and they have also threatened yorubas that if Nigeria should break, they will tyake everything.

Let me remind you of the pronouncement of one of your Fulani masters, Alhaji Aliyu Gwarzo:

"...We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and most of them chose the Koran..."
I just laugh at fools like you grin....the problem is just that Nigeria wont divide...yorubas dominate kwara..the government of kwara recognise kwara as a Yoruba state.the present governor is a Yoruba man....

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Makinde Alleges Movement Of Cash From Oyo Coffers / Ore: From Theatre Of War To Industrial Hub / Raid On Igboho’s Residence: FG To Appeal N20bn Court Judgment – Malami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.