Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Where Does Kwara Really Belong? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Does Kwara Really Belong? (18763 Views)

Does She Really Belong To The Kitchen Or Ze Oza Room (photo) / Buhari's Contribution To Aisha's Career : Does She Really Belong In The Kitchen? / Does This Government Really Belong To The Youths? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by phillippiano(m): 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Shymm3xx:

Why do you lot like this Kwara state so much? Isn't that the same state that was cursed into servitude by an Alaafin of Oyo?

Personally, I'd rather have the Yorubas in Kogi and Itsekiris - than Kwara. It isn't like the state has anything to offer and the people from there are ultra-religious Muslim wingnuts who're comfortable in being slaves to the caliphate and Islam - than anything to offer. You can smell trouble from afar, but rather than leave it alone - you still want to drag it into your house - cray.

The state has no resources. It has been cursed. I don't even know any prominent Yoruba achiever from the state. The people love servitude to Northerners. They have a lot of Muslim fanatics etc.. Leave that state alone - it isn't desirable at all. It's just a buffer zone to the North and that's what it should be used for.
Boss, you are mouthed..... The state is an extremely useless state with Islamic bigots all over the place. Na only religion them sabi, I don't even pray they are part of the Yoruba nation if Nigeria breaks up eventually. They are so un-yoruba in their total behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by phillippiano(m): 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
Shymm3xx:
I know I shouldn't be the one saying this but you lot will just end up bringingvFulani Afonja terrorists into the union of sane person. And they'll be the Fulani foot soldiers that would end up destroying everything cos they sure look like Manchurian candidates.

The fact that you lot can't see that the same people were the ones they used to clipping Tinubu's wings and influence within APC - shows a lot of you don't understand anything. And I don't even like Tinubu but the politics is too obvious for anything who understands politics to miss.

You have said it all, those guys are so loyal to the fulanis like crazy just because of religion, if we ever make a mistake of bringing them into our union, we have succeeded in bringing Islamic bigots, potential terrorists and Fulani dynasty to all of Yoruba land

2 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Noneroone(m): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ritchiee:

I did not evade your question.I have answered it up there.Fulanis and the others met Afonja in Ilorin.Even if Afonja met anybody,they were yoruba.Why didn't you ask yourself why the fulanis killed Afonja before installing an emir.Remember two captains can never man a ship....one must go..

Go to those sites and read.

World Statesmen.org
u are being inteligent by half. I ask u a question and u are running around without a point. Who are the ilorin natives before the afonja episode and you answered afonja, who are the obas before afonja episode and you answered afonja. It is safe to say that u agree that ilorin is no yorubaland 'cos if there were natives there it is them who should fight off fulanis and restore their own culture and not some yoruba migrants who have no choice but to blend in their new environment.
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Ritchiee: 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
Shymm3xx:
I know I shouldn't be the one saying this but you lot will just end up bringingvFulani Afonja terrorists into the union of sane person. And they'll be the Fulani foot soldiers that would end up destroying everything cos they sure look like Manchurian candidates.

The fact that you lot can't see that the same people were the ones they used to clipping Tinubu's wings and influence within APC - shows a lot of you don't understand anything. And I don't even like Tinubu but the politics is too obvious for anything who understands politics to miss.

I hope you don't mistake mixing Ilorin..an emirate ...with Kwara as a whole.They have emir in Ilorin but the most parts of Kwara have Obas.These other mainly yoruba parts do not like what is going on in Ilorin..Now,in the event of the disintegration of Nigeria,this omoluabis,according to you...I mean the ones in Ilorin...because the ones in other parts do not have this problem and they are Igbominas(very business minded e.g DOYIN GROUP M)should be left to peddle their canoes even when some of them do not like what is going on...

Things are not done like that in Nigeria,bruh.You claim your land no matter how small it is.The North uses their large land mass..which are not so productive.... to intimidate every other region.That is why I love been a yoruba boy,we welcome divergent views and choose the best.I think mine is better....lol

Every society has its pros and cons.
Kwara has some notable personalities including....

Adebayo Salami, actor and producer
Cornelius Adebayo, politician
David Bamigboye, soldier
David Oyedepo, cleric
Joseph Ayo Babalola, cleric
Kemi Adesoye, screenwriter
Kunle Afolayan, actor and film director
Lagbaja,musician
Lai Mohammed, lawyer and politician
Mohammed Lawal, naval officer
Mohammed Shaaba Lafiagi, politician
Rashidi Yekini, soccer player
Salaudeen Latinwo, soldier
Salihu Modibbo Alfa Belgore, former Chief Justice
Simon Ajibola, politician
Theophilus Bamigboye, soldier and politician
Tunde Adebimpe, musician
Tunde Idiagbon
Doyin,industrialist etc.

4 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Ritchiee: 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
phillippiano:
Boss, you are mouthed..... The state is an extremely useless state with Islamic bigots all over the place. Na only religion them sabi, I don't even pray they are part of the Yoruba nation if Nigeria breaks up eventually. They are so un-yoruba in their total behaviour.
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Ritchiee: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
phillippiano:

Even their two greatest islamic clerics(Alh Adam and Alh Kamal)supported yorubaness until they died.They are so numerous in Lagos here and they are just like any christian or muslim yoruba.No fanatic.Are you saying that these people are not more yoruba than you are....?

David Bamigboye, soldier
David Oyedepo, cleric
Lagbaja,musician
Tunde Adebimpe, musician
Tunde Idiagbon
Doyin,industrialist etc

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by phillippiano(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ritchiee:

Even their two greatest islamic clerics(Alh Adam and Alh Kamal)supported yorubaness until they died.They are so numerous in Lagos here and they are just like any christian or muslim yoruba.No fanatic.Are you saying that these people are not more yoruba than you are....?

David Bamigboye, soldier
David Oyedepo, cleric
Lagbaja,musician
Tunde Adebimpe, musician
Tunde Idiagbon
Doyin,industrialist etc
These guys you listed are their elites, I'm talking about the common man on the streets of kwara/ilorin that make the bulk of the population and believe me I have lived in Ilorin for more than a year,these guys may do everything in a Yoruba-like way I.e the language, dressing(this one even get coma), food etc but believe me if the fulanis approach them with religion they will immediately turn back and renounce anything Yoruba, I'm talking from experience. And please can you provide me with a link, I will like to know more about Alhs Adam and Kamal. Thanks
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Ritchiee: 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
Noneroone:
u are being inteligent by half. I ask u a question and u are running around without a point. Who are the ilorin natives before the afonja episode and you answered afonja, who are the obas before afonja episode and you answered afonja. It save to say that u agree that ilorin is no yorubaland 'cos if there are natives there it is them who should fight off fulanis and restore their own culture and not some yoruba migrants who has no choice but to blend in their new environment.

You have a little problem.Do you know what that problem is? YOU DO NOT LIKE READING...yes,you don't.If you do,you would have seen your answer in Ilorin.info site I posted.As much as they don't want accept,they have to give us 3 versions and all pointed that yorubas were the natives.Go docyour research and post and stop this dillyda....
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Ritchiee: 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
phillippiano:
These guys you listed are their elites, I'm talking about the common man on the streets of kwara/ilorin that make the bulk of the population and believe me I have lived in Ilorin for more than a year,these guys may do everything in a Yoruba-like way I.e the language, dressing(this one even get coma), food etc but believe me if the fulanis approach them with religion they will immediately turn back and renounce anything Yoruba, I'm talking from experience. And please can you provide me with a link, I will like to know more about Alhs Adam and Kamal. Thanks

I am sorry.I am not an indigene of Ilorin.Maybe you should use google.
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by phillippiano(m): 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ni
Ritchiee:

I am sorry.I am not an indigene of Ilorin.Maybe you should use google.
OK thanks.
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by SaffronSpice: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
Noneroone:
u are being inteligent by half. I ask u a question and u are running around without a point. Who are the ilorin natives before the afonja episode and you answered afonja, who are the obas before afonja episode and you answered afonja. It save to say that u agree that ilorin is no yorubaland 'cos if there are natives there it is them who should fight off fulanis and restore their own culture and not some yoruba migrants who has no choice but to blend in their new environment.
I really wish I could repress the urge to reply your post,so that it woun't look like am trying to court your attention.
But I just can't 'cause the bolded is laughable.
You should tell us who these natives are;you cited the example of the Australian Aborigines et al in your other post but remain clueless regarding the identity of the natives you are holding brief for.

A certain group of people might have been living there before it became a millitary outpost of the Oyo Empire;these people were either conquered and assimilated or chased away by the invading Yoruba warriors.
The strong have always bullied the weak.

Most empires in history contain people who are not of the same ethnic stock as those who founded them: are you positing that some of these people who were extirpated should ressurect from their graves to challenge their overlords?

Those who register their presence on the land first with palpable evidences will always be credited by history to be the rightful owner.

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by SaffronSpice: 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ritchiee:

David Bamigboye, soldier
David Oyedepo, cleric
Lagbaja,musician
Tunde Adebimpe, musician
Tunde Idiagbon
Doyin,industrialist etc
Hajiya Bola Shagaya.
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Noneroone(m): 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
SaffronSpice:

[s] I really wish I could repress the urge to reply your post,so that it woun't look like am trying to court your attention.
But I just can't 'cause the bolded is laughable.
You should tell us who these natives are;you cited the example of the Australian Aborigines et al in your other post but remain clueless regarding the identity of the natives you are holding brief for.

A certain group of people might have been living there before it became a millitary outpost of the Oyo Empire;these people were either conquered and assimilated or chased away by the invading Yoruba warriors.
The strong have always bullied the weak.

Most empires in history contain people who are not of the same ethnic stock as those who founded them: are you positing that some of these people who were extirpated should ressurect from their graves to challenge their overlords?

Those who register their presence on the land first with palpable evidences will always be credited by history to be the rightful owner. [/s]

which people were indigenous to ilorin before afonja vs fulani fight? Answer me and i'll surrender grin
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by SaffronSpice: 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
Noneroone:
which people were indigenous to ilorin before afonja vs fulani fight? Answer me and i'll surrender grin
Now you are clutching at straws,aint you?

You brought up the theory of how the people living there before Afonja should be the one to revolt against the Fulanis and not the Yorubas;back it up by proving such people existed.

You suggested it,so prove it that there were non-Yorubas living there before Afonja.
I maintain that the natives there before Afonja were Yorubas - He(Afonja) wasnt the first Aareonakakanfo - if you think otherwise,present your facts and not sentiments.

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Noneroone(m): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
SaffronSpice:
[s]
Now you are clutching at straws,aint you?

You brought up the theory of how the people living there before Afonja should be the one to revolt against the Fulanis and not the Yorubas;back it up by proving such people existed.

You suggested it,so prove it that there were non-Yorubas living there before Afonja.
I maintain that the natives there before Afonja were Yorubas - He(Afonja) wasnt the first Aareonakakanfo - if you think otherwise,present your facts and not sentiments. [/s]
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by SaffronSpice: 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
Noneroone:
Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Noneroone(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
SaffronSpice:

Yorubas.
hehehe...stop running in circle and answer my question. There is no yoruba sub group with the name 'yoruba' . Infact the word 'yoruba' did not exist in 15th century when ilorin was said to have been founded and heck, dont tell me the yoruba sub-group that supposedly founded Ilorin didnt have a name. 'cos if there were at all they must have a name just like awori in lagos and egba in abeokuta. Just tell me their name and rulers.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by SaffronSpice: 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Noneroone:
hehehe...stop running in circle and answer my question. There is no yoruba sub group with the name 'yoruba' . Infact the word 'yoruba' did not exist in 15th century when ilorin was said to have been founded and heck, dont tell me the yoruba sub-group that supposedly founded Ilorin didnt have a name. 'cos if there were at all they must have a name just like awori in lagos and egba in abeokuta. Just tell me their name and rulers.
You have been around running in circles not me.
My replies have been distinct unlike yours.
I have torpedoed this your loose argument in my previous post.

Your last post to me was "what people are indigenous..." and not sub-group;hence,I replied with Yoruba.

I repeat again-- They(the subgroup) are called Ilorins.

Their rulers were the Aareonakakanfos.

If you think otherwise,present your facts.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Nowenuse: 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
The truth is that Kwara south has absolutely no problem with yoruba identity and yorubaness. Those people classifying the whole of Kwara state indigenes as islamic fanatics are very wrong!
Kwara south is like every other part of yoruba land. The problem is Kwara central (Ilorin territory). Kwara north is owned by nupes and busa/bariba people who are not yorubas although share a close culture with yorubas.

Kwara central (Ilorin people) cannot be called yorubas because many of the indigenes here will never accept that, take a late ilorin elder statesman like Abubakar Olusola Saraki who made it clear to the whole world that the fact that he speaks yoruba does not make him a yoruba man.
Ilorin is indigenously highly populated by yorubanized fulanis, pure fulanis who also speak yoruba as an additional language as well as yorubanized nupes and hausas. All these yorubanized people may be speaking yoruba as their mother's tongue but their ancestry and preference so much lies in the Sokoto caliphate which their cherished emirate and islamic heritage is tied to.

This is why it is extremely wrong to call Kwara a yoruba state! Only Kwara south (offa, Omu aran e.t.c) can truly be adressed as yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by YorubasAreSmart: 12:31am On Oct 07, 2016
phillippiano:
what is this one saying?
Kwara belongs to Yoruba but the fulani overtook kwara from the coward afonjahs and installed an Emir in illorin and propagated Islam and sharia law was constitutionalized.
Personally from my opinion yorubas and Hausas are the same and they share a variety of things in common.
E.g religion (muslims from oyo, osun etc) cos you can never see an igbo muslim or south south being a muslim.
You guys also share tribal mark and many other things too numerous to list here
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Kingscollege(m): 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
phillippiano:

It's Because they don't want to worship idol's. they want to stay put on their religion Islam. and mind you if they allow themselves as yoruba they may worship idols and renounce their fate.. BUT MIND U... THEY ARE 99.9% Yorubas.....and they migrated from OYO. THEY ARE MORE YORUBAS EVEN THAN LAGOS. COS THEY SPEAK GOOD YORUBAS THAN LAGOS AN EVEN OGUNS.
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Kingscollege(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2016
Noneroone:

THEY WERE CALLED OYO ..THE NAME OF THEIR RULERS ARE AFONJA ..OYO MESI..
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by Donmik112: 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
It just really a laughable cheesy cheesy cheesy grin to see some northerners commenting some sort of gibberish and tolk down Yoruba heritage here about who own kwara state but what i will tell you is time will tell, where your name will be spell out for you in capital letter that you own no ground in that state. You only have emir there because we understand your emir there is nothing but a mare name not really a difficult task to take him with his regalia and send him back to where he came from. We are too friendly and soft and accommodating in Yoruba Land that's not because we are coward or we cant fight and people take that gentility for stupidity like i have said time will tell.
If not Alafin Oyo that safe your sorry ass calm the OPC down with the recent attack on you Almajiris saying to rubbish historical you dont know. You would have been a thing of past in that state.
Re: Where Does Kwara Really Belong? by 12Monkeys: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2020
Bump

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crowd Celebrates Sallah Inside Aregbesola's House / What My Friend In The North Shehu Bello Just Sent Me. / Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.