Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 (30429 Views)

Shortlist Of Candidates Who Applied For Kaduna Teachers Job / Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants / FYI - Call For Application In The BOI YES Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by unlawfulact: 11:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
Has anyone from Kano or Kaduna received the invitation
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by obajibizu: 8:51am On Nov 10, 2016
Yeah!! I got an invite yesterday. Am in kano
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by obajibizu: 8:52am On Nov 10, 2016
Yeah!! I got an invite yesterday. Am in kano
unlawfulact:
Has anyone from Kano or Kaduna received the invitation
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Heezishades(f): 9:43am On Nov 10, 2016
I got invite for Calabar and i am in Lagos...
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by infotainment(m): 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2016
Heezishades:
I got invite for Calabar and i am in Lagos...
U will receive ur training in d state ur biz is located
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by infotainment(m): 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
today's training was very inspiring and a great eye opener
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 6:39am On Nov 15, 2016
infotainment:
today's training was very inspiring and a great eye opener
What frills came with the training, were you guys sipping champagne as the training was going on?
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by CuteTj(m): 11:21am On Nov 15, 2016
Jethrolite:
What frills came with the training, were you guys sipping champagne as the training was going on?
Lmao

Jethro, you won't kill me.

Maybe the chilled environment can be counted as one of the frills.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 11:43am On Nov 15, 2016
CuteTj:

Lmao

Jethro, you won't kill me.

Maybe the chilled environment can be counted as one of the frills.
Lol, I get AC for house. What of food, at least buffet lunch?
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by CuteTj(m): 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
Jethrolite:
Lol, I get AC for house. What of food, at least buffet lunch?
you wey be say light no dey your area. Your AC no get use.

Just had their lunch. The food is okay but no be buffet. Its something you eat regularly the only difference is the environment and wares.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
CuteTj:

you wey be say light no dey your area. Your AC no get use.

Just had their lunch. The food is okay but no be buffet. Its something you eat regularly the only difference is the environment and wares.

Lol, BEDCO surprise me today 6 hours of power supply. Well, my training is next week. Maybe we will get buffet grin
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by infotainment(m): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
Jethrolite:
really nothing out of d ordinary, nice and newest hotel in Ilorin, tea break by 10:30 am, lunch by about 1:30 pm, yesterday was jollof rice and demo. today's lunch na jollof spaghetti and small. but no b d food be look, na d lecture itself, see biz opportunity where u never thought b4, breaking ur biz down etc
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
infotainment:

really nothing out of d ordinary, nice and newest hotel in Ilorin, tea break by 10:30 am, lunch by about 1:30 pm, yesterday was jollof rice and demo. today's lunch na jollof spaghetti and small. but no b d food be look, na d lecture itself, see biz opportunity where u never thought b4, breaking ur biz down etc
Wow, can't wait to get there.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by CuteTj(m): 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
The Lagos Zonal Officer paid us a visit and this is the summary of what he said:

- Provision has been made for everyone wanting to access the loan. He went further by saying the money won't finish before it gets to your turn. However, he said he was sure that many at the end of the day won't be able to access the loan. Well you will say his second sentence contradicts the first but he explained why he said so.

He explained why it appears BOI has stringent loan requirements. Why that is so is because we have our KYC (Know Your customer) program isn't that detailed as we don't yet have a good database system therefore if lenders abscond with the money, that is the end.

He also explained why he said many may not meet the requirement. The reasons he gave are:

1.) You must have contributed something to your business (for startups) and for existing businesses, you must have equity. Equity too applies to startups. No equity, no loan!

2.) You must have nothing less than two guarantors. One is not enough, two is okay while three is allowed.

3.) BOI do not hand cash directly to lenders but the vendors you will be patronising. And they will only make payments after the vendor must have delivered the product and not before.

4.) They won't finance anything that will have to be imported into the country.

That's all I can remember for now. According to the official, we should have it at the back of our minds the money is not our share of the national cake that is why its a loan.

He only introduced himself today and didn't delve deep into the loan process. He says he will be back to explain the loan process to us in details on saturday.

2 Likes

Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2016
CuteTj:
The Lagos Zonal Officer paid us a visit and this is the
He only introduced himself today and didn't delve deep into the loan process. He says he will be back to explain the loan process to us in details on saturday.
Them try well well. What of working capital, are they not going to give us that one too?
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2016
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:33am On Nov 16, 2016
E just be like say their official set out to discourage participants. Him plan no go work. How person go take navigate that their no. 1 condition as start-up.
Jethrolite
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 9:05am On Nov 16, 2016
WORLDPEACE:
E just be like say their official set out to discourage participants. Him plan no go work. How person go take navigate that their no. 1 condition as start-up.
Jethrolite
Business registration cost, that na something. That's like 100k, then space rent. I don settle that one in a way.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2016
Jethrolite:
Business registration cost, that na something. That's like 100k, then space rent. I don settle that one in a way.
I also filled an amount that was a little above that figure in my application into the program. Don't you think that figure is a little far away from the loan amount you'd be requesting?
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by nurey(m): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2016
Jethrolite:

I did my business registeration through a third party "DIYLAW" for 31500,you can check them out. If you doing it personally, it would be cheaper. They did it within 2months.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by CuteTj(m): 9:59am On Nov 16, 2016
@ Jethrolite,
They can but it will depend on the type of business.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

I also filled an amount that was a little above that figure in my application into the program. Don't you think that figure is a little far away from the loan amount you'd be requesting?
My own is they must give me the loan. I don't even want to think about it.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 11:02am On Nov 16, 2016
nurey:

I did my business registeration through a third party "DIYLAW" for 31500,you can check them out. If you doing it personally, it would be cheaper. They did it within 2months.
Actually I'm using an old business I registered to apply. I don't have the time to start registering a business then going for TIN before opening account. I even thought that business name was useless because the business I opened it for proved bigger than me. Now I'll just dust everything and present it to BOI. I need my money this December.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2016
CuteTj:
@ Jethrolite,

They can but it will depend on the type of business.
My business is food processing and needs very large working capital. The equipment I need cost about N1.5m plus logistics to my state. I need N3.5m raw cash to pay store rent, raw material purchase and logistics. The money no reach self with the rate of inflation, so BOI had better get sense.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
Jethrolite:
My own is they must give me the loan. I don't even want to think about it.
Na so! Lol

1 Like

Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by CuteTj(m): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2016
Jethrolite:
My business is food processing and needs very large working capital. The equipment I need cost about N1.5m plus logistics to my state. I need N3.5m raw cash to pay store rent, raw material purchase and logistics. The money no reach self with the rate of inflation, so BOI had better get sense.
I think you may be expected to pay for the house rent. But I'll help you find out on saturday.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2016
CuteTj:

I think you may be expected to pay for the house rent. But I'll help you find out on saturday.
OK, thanks. I'll be asking a lot of questions though when I resume Monday next week.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by UniqueGem(m): 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
Jethrolite:
OK, thanks. I'll be asking a lot of questions though when I resume Monday next week.
You have a mail sir.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by joransky4re(m): 2:39pm On Nov 17, 2016
please house the money i requested for during when i applied was 3million but with the inflation now i see that the money will not be enough, will they allow someone to give new quotation when submitting our business plan.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by infotainment(m): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
joransky4re:
please house the money i requested for during when i applied was 3million but with the inflation now i see that the money will not be enough, will they allow someone to give new quotation when submitting our business plan.
we were told my d BOI MD'S rep dat came on Monday dat d initial proposal we submitted was to qualify us for d loan, dat we will have to submit another biz plan to access d loanand can even change biz if we like bicos dey expect our orientation to change after the training. so u are good to request bigger amount.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by Jethrolite(m): 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
infotainment:

we were told my d BOI MD'S rep dat came on Monday dat d initial proposal we submitted was to qualify us for d loan, dat we will have to submit another biz plan to access d loanand can even change biz if we like bicos dey expect our orientation to change after the training. so u are good to request bigger amount.
Well said. What's the maximum they are willing to lend because I seriously have my sight on N10m, don't blame me, blame cattle price that now sells for as much as a Nigerian used car.
Re: Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2 by CuteTj(m): 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
joransky4re:
Of course! You can give a new quotation.

I can tell you it wasn't a detailed business plan we submitted during the initial application. That was just a summary of It. That is why they now expect us to submit a detailed business plan at the end of the training.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. / Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Fresh Job Recruitment May 2018 (8 Positions) / 5 Interesting Jobs That Can Generate Good Income In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.