Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Genesis 1:28 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Genesis 1:28 (780 Views)

Genesis 11 : 4 To 7: How Realistic Is This Part Of The Bible? / In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / Genesis 1:26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genesis 1:28 by Phi001(m): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
My fellow Nairalanders, what do you think was meant when God told man to replenish the earth?
N.B: According to the Collins Advanced Learners' English Dictionary, to replenish means to make full or complete again.
Re: Genesis 1:28 by ifenes(m): 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Firstly, the word "God" wasn't in the original text. God was transferred in there by the council of Nicea.

An older scroll said the gods, much older said the anunaki( those who from heaven came/ those who came from another star system) after the planet's inhabitants got wiped out by possibly asteroids or atomic weapons, remodified the survivals and encouraged them to replenish( which mean reproduce again) and rebuild their habitat.

That is a story that from much older books than the bible. It doesn't mean it's true but it gives a better explanation to the plagiarised bible.
Re: Genesis 1:28 by Phi001(m): 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
ifenes:
Firstly, the word "God" wasn't in the original text. God was transferred in there by the council of Nicea.

An older scroll said the gods, much older said the anunaki( those who from heaven came/ those who came from another star system) after the planet's inhabitants got wiped out by possibly asteroids or atomic weapons, remodified the survivals and encouraged them to replenish( which mean reproduce again) and rebuild their habitat.

That is a story that from much older books than the bible. It doesn't mean it's true but it gives a better explanation to the plagiarised bible.

I see...it however nullifies the claim of atheists that say that Christianity is a fluke based on the 6000yrs earth dating...
Re: Genesis 1:28 by Emusan(m): 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
ifenes:

Where do you get this ORIGINAL TEXT from? From Jews or Greek

ATOMIC WEAPONS manufactured by Oldest Atheists from planet Nairaland.

Typical Atheist! It's evident you hail those books more than Bible but playing trick on your self delusion by saying "It doesn't mean it's true but it gives a better explanation to the plagiarised bible."
Re: Genesis 1:28 by ifenes(m): 11:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Phi001:

I see...it however nullifies the claim of atheists that say that Christianity is a fluke based on the 6000yrs earth dating...

Yes it is a fluke. A story created from other stories

1 Like

Re: Genesis 1:28 by ifenes(m): 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
Emusan:

Where do you get this ORIGINAL TEXT from? From Jews or Greek

ATOMIC WEAPONS manufactured by Oldest Atheists from planet Nairaland.

Typical Atheist! It's evident you hail those books more than Bible but playing trick on your self delusion by saying "It doesn't mean it's true but it gives a better explanation to the plagiarised bible."

I can see you are not well read. That isn't my fault. I will only discus with you when you reach a particular level of knowledge.

Thanks
Re: Genesis 1:28 by Phi001(m): 11:43am On Aug 19, 2016
ifenes:

Yes it is a fluke. A story created from other stories
I see... Can you tell me the period of when these "older scrolls" were written?
Also, where did you find these "original texts"
Re: Genesis 1:28 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
True... Replenish suggests something else was before the creation per bible account.

I think its perhaps a matter of insufficent hebrew/aramaic to english translation. As often is the case.

To begin to intelligently argue or discuss this theological issue, one must do an exegesis on the original hebrew word in place of "replenish".
Re: Genesis 1:28 by orisa37: 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
Fill the earth by God's Righteous Directives.

(1) (Reply)

Paying Your Zakat / The Devil Cannot Read Your Mind / Blasphemy! A New Feminist Bible Has Been Published

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.