Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel (8970 Views)

Oil Price Stabilises As Brent Crude Gains At $65.30 Per Barrel / Brent Crude Oil Plunges To $55 A Barrel Amid Rising Production / Brent Crude Oil Jumps To 26-month High As Kurds Holds Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by iamtewwy(m): 7:03am On Aug 19, 2016
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 19, 2016
ClitRaider:
Thats Goodnews!
I hope this daura govt will transfer the abundance to the hungry masses soon.
When your terrorist brothers keep blowing oil facilities?

1 Like

Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by Petersamuel8(m): 7:05am On Aug 19, 2016
Even if they say oil is $200 per barrel this govt will still complain of money
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by muller101(m): 7:15am On Aug 19, 2016
Youths go bck to agriculture. Leave crude oil alone pls.

1 Like

Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by 8BitGee(m): 7:26am On Aug 19, 2016
jolamos01:
I hope Sai Baba will give us change,$38.7 was used as bench mark for budget.

Having removed government subsidy, you realise you're going to have to pay more for petroleum products with crude price increment...

Amanwulu1:
Good! Hope there'll b less complain frm d govt now. Obj sold oil at $9 yet we didn't hear him sulk. This govt sulk eh.

Obj sold oil for $9. When? Where? How? undecided
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by mexyk(m): 7:29am On Aug 19, 2016
Why the attack? U should tell us how u survive in the jungle yourself. Zb

SirElaw:
You wake up with such bitterness. Tell me, how do you survive?
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by AliAiyes: 7:33am On Aug 19, 2016
!Buhari

Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by erico2k2(m): 7:33am On Aug 19, 2016
ClitRaider:
Thats Goodnews!
I hope this daura govt will transfer the abundance to the hungry masses soon.
Just watch them go come with another package
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 19, 2016
Even if oil becomes 1000$ a barrel dont think anything will change

1 Like

Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by Orikinla(m): 8:07am On Aug 19, 2016
[size=14pt]Before President Muhammadu Buhari leaves office, Nigeria will enjoy an oil boom that will make Nigerians happy to sing his praises.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by Misterdhee1(m): 8:40am On Aug 19, 2016
Amanwulu1:
Good! Hope there'll b less complain frm d govt now. Obj sold oil at $9 yet we didn't hear him sulk. This govt sulk eh.
How does the economic indices in 2000 compare to now? Chaii, U r too brilliant to be true!
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by 4Play(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2016
dondo83:

like goodluck did bah? As long as NDA Keeps blowing pipelines even if crude is sold at $100 Nigeria wont feel the surplus

You have to remember that militants were blowing up pipelines during OBJ's tenure and this wasn't used as an excuse for the economy. Even more importantly, we were given the impression the previous GEJ regime was stealing oil revenue with reckless abandon. Now that the new sheriff is in town, the reduction in theft should offset the revenue loss from increased pipeline attacks particularly where oil prices are above the budget benchmark.

2 Likes

Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by 989900: 9:28am On Aug 19, 2016
jolamos01:

No way, baba is some thrift old man, the excess goes to savings (ECA) . . . I don't see how the ECA is priority in times of famine.
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by highwaist: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=jolamos01 post=48595863]Oil prices rose on Thursday with Brent briefly topping $50 thanks to a weaker dollar and a drop in US crude stockpiles, traders said.

Brent North Sea crude reached $50.05 a barrel — breaching $50 for the first time since early last month.

Later around 1230 GMT, Brent North Sea crude for delivery in October was up two cents at $49.87 a barrel following some profit-taking.

US benchmark West Texas Intermediate for September delivery gained 27 cents to $47.06, compared with Wednesday’s close.

“Brent has climbed… to $50 per barrel for the first time since early July, finding support from a weaker US dollar and an unexpectedly marked decline in US crude oil and gasoline stocks,” said Commerzbank analyst Carsten Fritsch.

As a dollar-priced commodity, a weaker greenback makes crude cheaper for those holding other currencies.

The dollar has been impacted by minutes from the Federal Reserve’s July meeting that showed caution over raising US interest rates, dealers said.

US central bank minutes, published Wednesday, coincided with official data revealing signficant declines in US commercial crude stockpiles — signalling a modest strengthening of demand in the world’s top oil consumer.

US crude stockpiles last week fell by 2.5 million barrels and gasoline stocks declined 2.7 million barrels, said the Department of Energy.

Oil prices have hit five-week highs this week, supported by hopes of an agreement between OPEC and non-cartel crude producers to limit excess supplies.

OPEC members and non-OPEC rival Russia are to meet informally in Algeria next month, as reports suggest that OPEC kingpin Saudi Arabia is ramping up production to fresh record levels after an all-time high of 10.67 million barrels per day in July.

Oil price “upside is capped by Saudi’s signals of pumping more oil in August, which could give the kingdom more leverage during talks in Algeria next month”, said EY energy analyst Sanjeev Gupta.

“The oil market will continue to seesaw amid scepticism over the coordinated efforts to stabilise output,” he told AFP.

Source:http://punchng.com/brent-crude-oil-tops-50/[/quote)oil is cursed to 9ja if the price go beyond 50dollar,we are in big problem.pms will increase to 250 per liter
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Bad news for Nigeria.

Nigeria does not need an increase in oil price.It will make us grow lazy again and forget about diversification.

I prefer that oil stays low. Better for our economy

1 Like

Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by Omonigeriarere: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2016
jolamos01:

Has your output matches what was budgeted for? You can only claim change when the expected output and amount matches: get it right.
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by ClitRaider: 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
SirElaw:
You wake up with such bitterness. Tell me, how do you survive?
I wasn't born with enough middle finger to show you how if feel for you.
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by SirElaw(m): 11:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
ClitRaider:

I wasn't born with enough middle finger to show you how if feel for you.
You could shove the one you have up your a*s
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by ClitRaider: 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
SirElaw:
You could shove the one you have up your a*s
Mofo, your mama must have a loud bark.
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by SirElaw(m): 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
ClitRaider:

Mofo, your mama must have a loud bark.
I'm really sorry. I descended to the level of a pig to exchange words with one. Hope you find the help you need.
Re: Brent Crude Oil Rose From $47.06 To $50 per Barrel by ClitRaider: 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
SirElaw:

I'm really sorry. I descended to the level of a pig to exchange words with one. Hope you find the help you need.
If brains were dynamites, you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2 / Why Do Nigerian Traders Frown When You Want To Buy Things On Credit? / Banks’ Borrow N3.03trn From CBN, Up By 835% In 22 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.