Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

GIVING WITHOUT Receiving.(need Help) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GIVING WITHOUT Receiving.(need Help) (252 Views)

Masquerade Receiving Blessings From Bishops / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Top Countries Sending And Receiving Christian Missionaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GIVING WITHOUT Receiving.(need Help) by JohnCyrus(m): 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pretty confused on the Term giving. .
Thou I was made to understand that the more we give the more we are
receive in abundance
For instance.The poor widow who put all she had into the treasury.Biblically the widow was tagged (by Jesus) the best giver among others that gave.
That single act of giving makes me understand that it's not what or how much we give ,rather how we give. counts
Also familiar with the verse
.which says never let the left
hand knows what the right hand gives.
Which prompts me to ask this question. Should Donation & fund raising/charitable organization (even in churches) be tag as giving?
should such deserve heavenly or earthly
recognition(reward)

If yes.is it not contradicting Biblical
instruction about giving?
when we render help financially to the poor/less
previlege should it be tagged as giving?
Or
Do giving differs?
is there more to it that i should know.? (I stand to be corrected.)

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Bread :that Thing You Do / Spiritual Digest For The Day 19th Of August 2016 / Righteous Shall Flourish (final Part)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.