Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,253 members, 7,864,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:12 PM

5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges (4740 Views)

BREAKING: N'delta Militants Kidnapped 4 British Citizens / N'delta Militants Might Return To The Creeks, Clark Warns Buhari / 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by babyfaceafrica: 7:35am On Aug 19, 2016
is that all?...leave the jokers..they all want to be like asari and tompolo

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by AlPeter: 7:41am On Aug 19, 2016
Declare Niger Delta Republic from where? The creeks? Those guys are a bunch of jokers if truly they decide to go ahead with this stupidity then they are done for.
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by onespecial(m): 7:55am On Aug 19, 2016
QuotaSystem:
As someone earlier said, when a state of emergency is declared, all civil disobedience will bow to military might and the initial restraint shown to minimize collateral damage through aerial bombardment and ground invasion will be put aside and the real brutality of the armed forces backed by its land, marine and air assets will be fully unleashed.

Definitely there will be an economic backlash but suggesting that it would be enough to ground the economy is just laughable because not only has Nigeria been able to trudge through lower oil prices than what prevails today even amidst lower oil output due to sabotage, we also just more than doubled our monthly revenue generation from about N250 billion last month to over N500 billion at the end of July all from non oil revenue raised by the FIRS and Customs.

May woe befall any militant struck with enough cowardice to call off the declaration of the republic on October 1st.

State of emergency ? You and the person u are referring too do not understand the situation.

Are there no military and state of emergency in nations where there are war today ?

If NigerDelta refuses to bow to the miltary in ur dream of state of emergency, what happens ?

Not as if u have Igbos on ur side. Nigeria will likely burn.

Peace is not the absence of war but presence of justice.

Why don't u afonjas and almajiris accept that the era of enjoying position of a victor aided by Britain and Russia is over, let us all bring our interest together and negotiate our future.

If u like, u can keep depending on military might to keep the situation the way it is. Thank God Nigeria military is not an almighty military, i wonder if person go even open mouth for uns.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by blackpanda: 8:01am On Aug 19, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:

And you think you have said something

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by victorvezx(m): 8:18am On Aug 19, 2016
onespecial:

State of emergency ? You and the person u are referring too do not understand the situation.

Are there no military and state of emergency in nations where there are war today ?

If NigerDelta refuses to bow to the miltary in ur dream of state of emergency, what happens ?

Not as if u have Igbos on ur side. Nigeria will likely burn.

Peace is not the absence of war but presence of justice.

Why don't u afonjas and almajiris accept that the era of enjoying position of a victor aided by Britain and Russia is over, let us all bring our interest together and negotiate our future.

If u like, u can keep depending on military might to keep the situation the way it is. Thank God Nigeria military is not an almighty military, i wonder if person go even open mouth for uns.
Lol, u think so? Just provoke the army to come down to creeks, then u will know if the Nigerian armed forces is powerful or not. I don't blame u, it's because it's being long we fought a civil war where everybody come out to fight, now we have hit, run and hide militants like boko haram and avengers, that's why u think the army is powerless. U never see anything. Am sure when the eventual war happens in the Niger delta, u won't be under ur bed

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by onespecial(m): 8:45am On Aug 19, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Manufactured by your Aba fake drug factories?You must be sleep-talking because you're not making any sense.

What is keeping the budget from being fully implemented if you have done great in sourcing non oil revenue ?
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by ConqueredWest: 9:03am On Aug 19, 2016
victorvezx:

Lol, u think so? Just provoke the army to come down to creeks, then u will know if the Nigerian armed forces is powerful or not. I don't blame u, it's because it's being long we fought a civil war where everybody come out to fight, now we have hit, run and hide militants like boko haram and avengers, that's why u think the army is powerless. U never see anything. Am sure when the eventual war happens in the Niger delta, u won't be under ur bed

Sambisa forest is still filled with BH people

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by wayaa007(m): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2016
victorvezx:

Oga they went to creeks, went to gbaramatu, and what did they do? Torture innocent people!!!
Instead of you to wish for peace, you are there praising the might of the Nigerian Army.
I have been to the creeks, and let no man deceive you, the Nigeria army cannot win a water battle there, their war ships can't go there, only gunboats, and this boys will sink those boats. The only option is an aerial battle. The creeks are where this boys grew up, they know the area like the back of their hands, brother, you nor fit win for creeks, even the army knows this. The casualties will be too much!!!
The USA and Co aren't your friends, they can fund an uprising thru other countries, before NDA come out to say they want to declare independence, have you asked yourself if they thought it thru properly, remember this is a group whose members haven't been arrested despite several raids.
Or you want to take a gamble by saying they are alone at this. Good luck on that! Even Buhari being a military man won't take that gamble, he will want to get to the root and take a peaceful route to solve this.

Seek for a peaceful resolution to this, coz the casualties might just be too much

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2016
If not for IPOB, MASSOB would have been close to achieving Biafra now, without making a noise. There strategy of none violent agitation still remain the best. See what these Niger Delta guys want to bring to themselves "war". Only a fool will employ force to independence in this 21st century.
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by chernest2002: 11:30am On Aug 19, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
Dullardiho buhari should receive sense
but I thought you stand with buhari? So why standing with one without sense?
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Sweetle(f): 11:41am On Aug 19, 2016
QuotaSystem:
[s][size=2pt]As someone earlier said, when a state of emergency is declared, all civil disobedience will bow to military might and the initial restraint shown to minimize collateral damage through aerial bombardment and ground invasion will be put aside and the real brutality of the armed forces backed by its land, marine and air assets will be fully unleashed.

Definitely there will be an economic backlash but suggesting that it would be enough to ground the economy is just laughable because not only has Nigeria been able to trudge through lower oil prices than what prevails today even amidst lower oil output due to sabotage, we also just more than doubled our monthly revenue generation from about N250 billion last month to over N500 billion at the end of July all from non oil revenue raised by the FIRS and Customs.

May woe befall any militant struck with enough cowardice to call off the declaration of the republic on October 1st. [/b][/size][/s]

Is it by force to share a country with you

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Sweetle(f): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2016
blues20:
If not for IPOB, MASSOB would have been close to achieving Biafra now, without making a noise. There strategy of none violent agitation still remain the best. See what these Niger Delta guys want to bring to themselves "war". Only a fool will employ force to independence in this 21st century.

I do not support or call for war but despite all the peaceful demonstrations and methods employed by IPOB, the government never listended to them.

The Niger Delta has been asking for resource control/restructuring since forever and no one is listening.

What is the way forward?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by orlaryemy: 11:50am On Aug 19, 2016
You be olodo, how oil take contribute 93% of GDP. For your information, oil sector contribute less than 15% to Nigeria GDP, though it account for over 70& of government revenue, and over 80% of total export. even agricultural sector contributes more to GDP than oil. next time take your time to know meaning of GDP, Export earnings, and Government revenue, They are all different variables.
wayaa007:

Oil is about 93% of our GDP, NDexit will more than ground the economy temporarily...Nigerian govt needs to work against its emergence

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sweetle:

I do not support or call for war but despite all the peaceful demonstrations and methods employed by IPOB, the government never listended to them.

The Niger Delta has been asking for resource control/restructuring since forever and no one is listening.

What is the way forward?
TThe way forward is employing political responsiveness..... We can borrow a leave from the Scots..... It might take time, but gradually, we will get there. Not all this drum of war, that has the capacity to throw drag us 50 years behind.
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Oksman(m): 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
QuotaSystem:
As someone earlier said, when a state of emergency is declared, all civil disobedience will bow to military might and the initial restraint shown to minimize collateral damage through aerial bombardment and ground invasion will be put aside and the real brutality of the armed forces backed by its land, marine and air assets will be fully unleashed.

May woe befall any militant struck with enough cowardice to call off the declaration of the republic on October 1st.
Armchair analysis that's what your submission is all about, war is more and beyond the scope of what you just said, ask yourself what does nigeria contingency plan looks like, do we have the capacity to embark on another gunboat diplomacy? are we sure it would not end in a military fiasco?. With a war (desert warfare) already being fought in the northeast, it would be suicidal to commit our troops to another unnessary jungle warfare in the ND. Dialogue is the only key to peace in this scenario, because foreign involvement can not be ruled out in any modern conflict, and you don't and can never tell; those nations that want nigeria to splinter.
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
Oksman:

Armchair analysis that's what your submission is all about, war is more and beyond the scope of what you just said, ask yourself what does nigeria contingency plan looks like, do we have the capacity to embark on another gunboat diplomacy? are we sure it would not end in a military fiasco?. With a war (desert warfare) already being fought in the northeast, it would be suicidal to commit our troops to another unnessary jungle warfare in the ND. Dialogue is the only key to peace in this scenario, because foreign involvement can not be ruled out in any modern conflict, and you don't and can never tell; those nations that want nigeria to splinter.
Are you aware that there are corporation that thrives on conflict......? Please don't pray for war. War is a faceless monster that respect no one. I'm pro Biafra, but via peaceful means. The NDA should not bring war to their region. In the end, its the innocent, that will suffer the most.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by wayaa007(m): 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
orlaryemy:
You be olodo, how oil take contribute 93% of GDP. For your information, oil sector contribute less than 15% to Nigeria GDP, though it account for over 70& of government revenue, and over 80% of total export. even agricultural sector contributes more to GDP than oil. next time take your time to know meaning of GDP, Export earnings, and Government revenue, They are all different variables.
Brilliant fool, you could have made your point without resorting to insults. thanks for the information though, I've learnt something new today
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by orlaryemy: 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sorry, i hope you forgive me. It pains me when people just throw out strong assertion or statistics without fact to back it, and the way most Nigerian younger generation take side with politicians. i won`t take offense for calling me a fool because i know i am not. peace
wayaa007:

Brilliant fool, you could have made your point without resorting to insults. thanks for the information though, I've learnt something new today
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Oksman(m): 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
blues20:

Are you aware that there are corporation that thrives on conflict......? Please don't pray for war. War is a faceless monster that respect no one. I'm pro Biafra, but via peaceful means. The NDA should not bring war to their region. In the end, its the innocent, that will suffer the most.
I guess you did not understand my position, war is never an option in conflict resolution. All those shouting and calling for war should visit the nearest NA recruitment centre and get enlisted, they should not sit in the comfort of their homes or offices to and expect
others to die for their belief. Ask yourself why Syria and Libya are the only arab nations now in turmoil whereas the arab spring started in tunisia and spread through most arab nations before making a landfall there, simple, Asad and Gadaffi failed to negotiate with the opposition unlike other arab regimes that relinquished power, to allow peace to reign. Ghadafi died with all the military weapons at the disposal of her armed forces, possibly one of best in Africa, why ? because he also failed to use diplomacy. So negotiation is, and would remain the only viable option towards resolving conflicts not only in the ND but the world at large.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by TruthisGOD: 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
Izonpikin:
They can't declare the Niger delta Republic. ..on what grounds can they even achieve that?.governors and senators are not even behind the move...just how...?..The Niger delta citizens are not solely in support of it..so how can their rantings be achieved...I expect these guys to first of all deal with our Niger delta leaders for a start before facing the FG... angry...fight more for resource control or true federalism...when they declare a Republic would that automatically reset the brains of our Niger delta leaders who are nothing but fools?... angry

Abeg I don tire joor...
U fail to understand what might actually happened if the go head with their plan. The will first assisnate all sitting governors that are not in support of their cause, sieze power from the states that the acclaimed to be part of their republic nd declare their republic. Then the show will beging. Guy, if they are really serious there most be some powerful people behind them, ppl u may never even suspect. All those senators utalked abt, i considered them inconsquential. With guns nd bullet they're completely empty.
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
Nothing will happen except a full blown Civil War and that will be more disastrous than we can imagine.

My anger is on those who don't appreciate the effects of war.

There are those who don't seem to get it into their heads that in the next war, the victor will be barely distinguishable from the vanquished. Another civil war would almost certainly end in mutual defeat.
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Izonpikin: 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
TruthisGOD:
U fail to understand what might actually happened if the go head with their plan. The will first assisnate all sitting governors that are not in support of their cause, sieze power from the states that the acclaimed to be part of their republic nd declare their republic. Then the show will beging. Guy, if they are really serious there most be some powerful people behind them, ppl u may never even suspect. All those senators utalked abt, i considered them inconsquential. With guns nd bullet they're completely empty.
our governors are a serious clog in the movement of progress for the Niger delta...they simply fight for nothing but their stomachs..useless people..the avengers if their course is purposeful should deal with these governors..harm them if possible.. angry...
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by doctokwus: 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
herzern:
Who takes an empty threat serious??...... undecided

Jobless Niqqas that want free money....
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by doctokwus: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
herzern:
Who takes an empty threat serious??...... undecided

Jobless Niqqas that want free money....
Empty indeed.
Since when last av they bombed any pipeline.
The fact is that the intelligence community have been able to successfully crack the fact that the pipelines were pre mined incase of the defeat of the fisherman and what they are now doing is just setting off the triggers of the bombs they planted. They have detonated all they primed with dynamites and can no longer prime new ones because their access to some of the pipelines av been curtailed, and their footsoldiers arrested by the security apparatus. Furthermore,their financiers are all probably now short of funds because they no longer have access to looted govt funds,or the ones they looted have been frozen or under surveillance( Tompolo frozen accounts come into mind).
If govt stays this military /intelligence course of action with freezing of more looted accounts,NDA,will go into extinction soon.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by wayaa007(m): 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
orlaryemy:
Sorry, i hope you forgive me. It pains me when people just throw out strong assertion or statistics without fact to back it, and the way most Nigerian younger generation take side with politicians. i won`t take offense for calling me a fool because i know i am not. peace
Forgiven!!! Sorry for the insult too...I'm as guilty as you are, so forgive me too
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Franchise21(m): 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
Anything wey wan happen, make e happen... The forced marriage ain't working. Divorce is needed
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by QuotaSystem: 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
You should have asked that silly question when you were campaigning for ALL Nigerians to vote GEJ last year.

Sweetle:

[s]Is it by force to share a country with you[/s]
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by QuotaSystem: 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
Oksman:

[b]Rants of a militancy supporter scared silly at the military consequences of treason.

So you expect the military to fold its arms while illiterate thugs threaten the sovereignty of the country they're trained and paid to protect?

The creek rats have been given such a long rope that some kids are beginning to think they can match the military. This is 2016 where GPS and laser guidance is more effective than any fabled native intelligence in the creeks. Our military aircraft are now ISR equipped with GPS capabilities so you are joking if you think there's an inch of the creeks that cannot be reached aerially by night or day.

The long rope for dialogue given has clearly been exhausted as the militants have refused to end their economic sabotage hence the resort to kinetic means.

Nobody wishes for war or loss of innocent lives but this government cannot be blackmailed any further, our sovereignty cannot be threatened any further, and innocent Nigerians cannot continue to suffer the economic implications of militancy any longer. [/b]
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Oksman(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
QuotaSystem:

[b]Rants of a militancy supporter scared silly at the military consequences of treason.

So you expect the military to fold its arms while illiterate thugs threaten the sovereignty of the country they're trained and paid to protect?

The creek rats have been given such a long rope that some kids are beginning to think they can match the military. This is 2016 where GPS and laser guidance is more effective than any fabled native intelligence in the creeks. Our military aircraft are now ISR equipped with GPS capabilities so you are joking if you think there's an inch of the creeks that cannot be reached aerially by night or day.

The long rope for dialogue given has clearly been exhausted as the militants have refused to end their economic sabotage hence the resort to kinetic means.

Nobody wishes for war or loss of innocent lives but this government cannot be blackmailed any further, our sovereignty cannot be threatened any further, and innocent Nigerians cannot continue to suffer the economic implications of militancy any longer. [/b]
I wonder why you think that i support militancy, in Afghanistan it took only the shoulder mounted stinger missiles supplied by the US and anti tank missile to take out the soviet airforce, destroy their tanks and force the mighty soviet army to withdraw, all the weapons and guided systems you mentioned here are all in the arsenal of the US army yet it took them together with the P5+1 members more than a year to resolve the Iran nuclear standoff. It took the US two weeks to take out the talibans in Afghanistan and less than 3months to oust Saddam from Kuwait and i am sure it could'nt have taken them longer to decimate Iran, yet they accepted to dialogue with them. Obama stood his ground against the use of force to compel iran to bow to international pressure to halt it's nuclear ambition, while many republican were in support of the use of force to teach them a lesson. The world is in a mess because of some of these wars, and the war itself did not end the resistance. No can accurately the outcome of any war, and as such we should support any avenue that would foster peace and not violence. We can argue about the merits and demerits of a military conflagaration in the ND, but the final decision rest on the president's table. Thanks..

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by QuotaSystem: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
There's no doubt that diplomacy is the best option but;

1. What do you expect the army to do when the sovereignty of Nigeria is threatened with the declaration of a republic within the country?

2. Can you honestly say the government has not given sufficient room for dialogue and diplomacy?

Answer sincerely and you will see why confrontation is inevitable if the militants don't cease their economic sabotage.

Oksman:

I wonder why you think that i support militancy, all the weapon and guided system you mentioned here are all in the arsenal of the US army yet it took them together with the P5+1 members more than a year to resolve the Iran nuclear standoff. It took the US two weeks to take out the taliban in Afghanistan and less than 3months to oust Saddam from Kuwait and i am sure it could'nt have taken them longer to decimate Iran, yet they accepted to dialogue with them. Obama stood his ground against the use of force to compel iran to bow to international pressure to halt it's nuclear ambition, while many republican were in support of the use of force to teach them a lesson. The world is in a mess because of some of these wars, and the war itself did not end the resistance. No can accurately the outcome of any war, and as such we should support any avenue that would foster peace and not violence. We can argue about the merits and demerits of a military conflagaration in the ND, but the final decision rest on the president's table. Thanks.
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by IstandWitBuhari: 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
Funlordjnr:

At least he posted something that is more reasonable than the hot bullshit you posted 1st!

And he is right! Truly you need to grow up! You are too old to be engaging in such senseless acts!
And you that have grown to become a Zombie what have you achieved all your life?
Re: 5 Things That May Likely Happen If Republic Of N'delta Emerges by Oksman(m): 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
QuotaSystem:
There's no doubt that diplomacy is the best option but;

1. What do you expect the army to do when the sovereignty of Nigeria is threatened with the declaration of a republic within the country?

2. Can you honestly say the government has not given sufficient room for dialogue and diplomacy?

Answer sincerely and you will see why confrontation is inevitable if the militants don't cease their economic sabotage.

Yes i quite agree with you that government cannot and should not fold it's arm while the economy of the nation is been sabotaged, that's why he hs advisers who are supposed to guide him, mind you the soldier and militant's that's
are going to die are Nigerians!, militancy is not unique to nigeria alone it also happened in Indonesia in 70s but Gen. Suharto used compensatory benefit system to silence the agitation of the militants not minding that he is a general like our president and hence ran a peaceful goverment, knowing the importance of stability to economic development. Even presently in Thailand, there is also a struggle for self determination and control of oil resources by a small muslim ethnic minority who have taken up arms against the goverment. In all these, i still believe that the surhato model should be studied and possibly implemented afterall they are nigerians and can be reached, it's only when this fails that the other options on the table coud be weighed. Nigeria is where she is today because of political and economic instability that has stiffled our growth and any attempt to excerbate it would spell doom for our corporate existence. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Blocks The Road With His Trailer And Start Praying To Allah - Wonders / What’s Going On Between The Nigerian Army And Nigerian Air Force ? / State Vs State Matchups In 2019 Presidential Polls that will favour atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.