Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

What Do You Think About In The Shower? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Think About In The Shower? (544 Views)

Woman Gives Birth During Her Baby Shower (Photos) / Pregnant Sickle Cell Survivor Anne Welsh Celebrates At Her Baby Shower (photos) / 3 Most Important Things Men Think About - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About In The Shower? by AjalaJ(m): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2016
I count money in the shower.

I think of every opportunity I have. I think of how much money each opportunity is going to give me.

Then I divide it up. I used to divide it up: parents, kids, retirement (assuming I’m going to not care after age 80 but who knows), etc. It was a puzzle. Because if I gave parents $X, what if they run out?

Would I have to make more? Then I would think how I would do that. And then add that up.

Then about an hour later the shower would be over. I remember specifically showers from 2002. None of my predictions became true.

My dad died, for one. Then I got divorced. Then I changed my opinion about how kids should get money.

And then, of course, I lost all my money. So the entire point is moot. But then I made some again. Then lost some. Blah.

Then I had some more ideas about what to do with money. I thought about them in the shower.

I wanted to do micro charities. I would find sad stories in the morning newspaper and then anonymously help people.

Like, if someone’s family became homeless because their house burned down, I would rent them a hotel room.

For some reason, that was always my core example. Maybe I am always afraid of being homeless. Which is why I forced myself to live in Airbnbs for so long. So I wouldn’t have a need for a solid home.

I say I would “anonymously” help people (like I’m such a great human) but maybe that’s not honest. I would make a documentary about it also and years later track down people to ask them how much I helped them.

Selfish.

Ego.

Another thing I would plan on doing. I would make dumb Super Bowl commercials. Like just me walking around doing nothing.

What’s the point?

I don’t do it anymore.

I don’t think so much about the future. Or about legacy. Or about what will happen when I am 80.

A billion years from now, my atoms will be scattered and lonely and only barely entangled with each other.

I think about what will happen today. How can I be honest today. How can I help someone today. What is the one thing I can do today that is outside of my comfort zone?

Today is the day of magic.

What’s the outcome of this?

I take faster showers.

And maybe I’m a little more dirty. But maybe, in some ways, I’m a little more clean.
Re: What Do You Think About In The Shower? by Dullahi(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2016
Shower thoughts.. There should be a board for it. TL;DR. Will check it out later.
Re: What Do You Think About In The Shower? by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 19, 2016
i imagine that im Nicki Minaj performing her song fly
Re: What Do You Think About In The Shower? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:00am On Aug 19, 2016
Calculating how long to PAY DAY! grin
Re: What Do You Think About In The Shower? by byvan03: 11:51am On Aug 19, 2016
That first two paragraph of yours is what I think about. Then followed by what to prepare and when to prepare it. During working days, I mentally work through my lessons in my head.
Re: What Do You Think About In The Shower? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
I only think of getting the sweat and stench from exercise off me. I think of the nooks and crannies of my body and how they hold foul odours. I scrub vigorously while keeping in mind the looks of others' faces likely offended by my natural odour.
I scrub my balls and side of my thighs, paying great attention to detail. I scrub my armpits vigorously, always keeping in mind to shave all form of hair on them every third day. I scrub the crease between my bottom ensuring to go deep as residual fecal matter no matter how small is a ticking time bomb.

With all said and done I'm surprised how much I think while doing a mundane task.
Re: What Do You Think About In The Shower? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
Not gonna lie, sometimes I think about death in the shower, not suicide oh but like as am bathing getting ready for the day, am thinking like what's the odd that I don't make it back, because it usually intrigues me how people never know they won't be coming back , then other times am thinking about money and how much of it I don't have. Its hard being a guy so much responsibilities , all a woman has to do is end up with a settled guy but us mehn ...... :/
Re: What Do You Think About In The Shower? by Winneygirl(f): 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
I mostly wonder if the hot water will finish before I get all the lather off me.
Asides that, I just bath in record time, and go get ready for work.

(1) (Reply)

Heavily Pregnant Nigerian Woman Dies Just A Month After Getting Married (pics) / What Is A Wife's Pride In A Polygamous Home / I Must Make It. . . If Not For Anything For My Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.