Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Why Am I A Feminist? Choice!!!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Am I A Feminist? Choice!!!! (540 Views)

We Should All Be Feminist / Why Am I A Feminist? Double Standards!!! / Why I Am Not A Feminist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I A Feminist? Choice!!!! by naijafeminist: 8:53am On Aug 19, 2016
Besides the fight against rape, the fight for education, the fight against female circumcision, the fight for political opportunities etc., there are personal reasons why I love to call myself a feminist. I’ve been able to group these reasons into four and I’m willing to share them. The first reason I would be addressing is CHOICE.

Growing up as the last child of my parents, I had to do a lot of things I was unwilling to do. Everyone expected me to just obey, no questions asked. It didn’t matter that I had just returned from an errand, I had to abandon every other thing I was doing once the next call came in. It didn’t matter that I wasn’t too comfortable with the errand or felt it was wrong, I had to go against my better judgement to do it. Everyone had the right to tell me what to and what not to do so long as they were a few years older. If I tried to revolt, I got shut down, beaten, called stubborn etc. This kind of made me resentful and I wanted to grow up fast so that I could choose to do things for myself. Imagine my shock when that didn’t happen. Suddenly I was growing into a woman and new sets of rules were being set for me. I needed to catch a break, and here is one of the reasons why I’m a feminist. I want to be able to make my own decisions without being judged. For once in my life, I want to do things for myself that truly make me happy. It is good for religion and the society to guide me into making my decisions but at the end of the day, I’m human and I have.....................TO CONTINUE READING, CLICK: http://thenaijafeminist..com.ng/2016/08/why-am-i-feminist-choice.html
Re: Why Am I A Feminist? Choice!!!! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
La click la feed a troll.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Love Beautiful Women And No One Can Do Anything About It- Oba Of Lagos / How To Make Acceptable First Impression In 14 Countries. See How . . . / Needless Cyber Fights Over “emir” And “oba”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.