Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,322 members, 7,867,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

Paying Tithe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Tithe (2702 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
brosci:

whst u seem not to get is that what is been made useless is the law not tithe. read verse 20. of that same heb. about validiy of tithe in the new testament check matt. 23:23, 1cor. 16:2. dont ignore it and explain it if u think otherwise

Tithes is part of the lawn read verse 5 of that chapter. Matt 23:23 also made it clear that Jesus was referring to tithes according to the law(read it well) and 1 cor 16:2 had absolutely nothing to do with tithes except you want to force your opinion into scriptures. Also note that in biblical times. Tithing was never money. Monetary tithes is a modern day invention so 1 cor 16:2 could not have been talking of tithes. It was talking of offerings.
Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
4reala:
which church do u attend?

What does that matter My opinions are not shaped by any church doctrine but by the undiluted and untwisted word of God as contained in the holy scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe by 4reala(m): 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
annunaki2:

What does that matter My opinions are not shaped by any church doctrine but by the undiluted and untwisted word of God as contained in the holy scriptures.
hmmm! U are getting it all wrong, go and pay ur tithe and leave d rest 4 God. Don't be wiser than urself
Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2016
4reala:
hmmm! U are getting it all wrong, go and pay ur tithe and leave d rest 4 God. Don't be wiser than urself

Why don't you convince me from scriptures that I am wrong and I should be paying tithes instead of parroting the often repeated scam that I should "pay my tithe". So far I have been able to prove to people following this thread that church tithing lacks solid scriptural basis.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
annunaki2:

Tithes is part of the lawn read verse 5 of that chapter. Matt 23:23 also made it clear that Jesus was referring to tithes according to the law(read it well) and 1 cor 16:2 had absolutely nothing to do with tithes except you want to force your opinion into scriptures. Also note that in biblical times. Tithing was never money. Monetary tithes is a modern day invention so 1 cor 16:2 could not have been talking of tithes. It was talking of offerings.

exactly jesus said it in reference to the law but yet he still commended it. 1 cor. was never talking about offering or is offering only paid at the 1st day of the week, secondly paul said that everyman shd give as the lord hath prospered them. u and i knw that the only thing that is paid according to your income( has the lord hath prospered) is tithe. also y did paul said everyman, it should have been willingly. I DIDNT JUST COME UP WITH MY OPINION ABOUT THAT CORITHIANS PASSAGE. I CONFIRMED IT WITH OTHER MEANS e.g bible basics by john lee
Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2016
brosci:

exactly jesus said it in reference to the law but yet he still commended it. 1 cor. was never talking about offering or is offering only paid at the 1st day of the week, secondly paul said that everyman shd give as the lord hath prospered them. u and i knw that the only thing that is paid according to your income( has the lord hath prospered) is tithe. also y did paul said everyman, it should have been willingly. I DIDNT JUST COME UP WITH MY OPINION ABOUT THAT CORITHIANS PASSAGE. I CONFIRMED IT WITH OTHER MEANS e.g bible basics by john lee

Jesus did not exactly commend it as he described it as a less important part of the law. That said the corinthian passage could not have been talking about tithes because tithes in biblical times was strictly agric produce. It was not until the nineteenth century(less than two hundred years ago) that American evangelicals introduced monetary tithe by twisting the scriptures. And yes people give offerings as God as prospered them. A rich man can give N10,000 as offerings whereas a poor man might only be able to give N100, each is giving as God as prospered him.
Re: Paying Tithe by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
The comments I have read so far are very interesting. I don't even know which to accept angry
Re: Paying Tithe by Genesis2000(m): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
annunaki2:

I am an authority when it comes to the subject of tithes and I have studied the bible extensively on the subject matter and also written several articles on tithes so there is nothing I want to learn from twisted articles some tithe merchants write up to promote their dubious trade.

Good day sir. I have not been to church for a while due to this tithe issue, and am not comfortable with them anymore. I have also read the bible extensively but fail to see a place where tithe paying is recommended for Christians.
And all seems to hang on on malachi alone for back up.

I derived no joy of seen or been under the roof of a pastor who preaches tithes when i fully known it is no longer applicable to Christians.

I have not been able to see a church where they do not pay tithes and it is very pathetic.

I have a calling of God and i don't know how to get a financial support and start a ministry so that people who share the same faith with me can follow up and we join hand together and show the world how to worship the true God in love and in spirit.

I will also need your advice on this . Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
MasterRahl:
The comments I have read so far are very interesting. I don't even know which to accept angry

Take it from me, there is absolutely no directive in the bible for Christians to pay tithe when read in proper context and perspective. Tithe doctrine taught in church today is derived from fraudulently twisting scriptures directed to Jews who were under the law and mis applying it to Christians who are under grace. That aside biblical tithes was not money and was not based on income but agric produce contrary to the lies tithe merchants peddle today.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Tithe by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
annunaki2:

Take it from me, there is absolutely no directive in the bible for Christians to pay tithe when read in proper context and perspective. Tithe doctrine taught in church today is derived from fraudulently twisting scriptures directed to Jews who were under the law and mis applying it to Christians who are under grace. That aside biblical tithes was not money and was not based on income but agric produce contrary to the lies tithe merchants peddle today.
Hmmmmmmm....bro...this one is strong...
Well I've heard you. But I'll really need to do more research.
Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
Genesis2000:

Good day sir. I have not been to church for a while due to this tithe issue, and am not comfortable with them anymore. I have also read the bible extensively but fail to see a place where tithe paying is recommended for Christians.
And all seems to hang on on malachi alone for back up.

I derived no joy of seen or been under the roof of a pastor who preaches tithes when i fully known it is no longer applicable to Christians.

I have not been able to see a church where they do not pay tithes and it is very pathetic.

I have a calling of God and i don't know how to get a financial support and start a ministry so that people who share the same faith with me can follow up and we join hand together and show the world how to worship the true God in love and in spirit.

I will also need your advice on this . Thank you.

On the contrary more and more Christians and even pastors have come to the knowledge of truth and are rejecting the tithe doctrine in it's entirety. There is a growing number of churches that don't subscribe to tithe doctrine. If you are based in Lagos, you can try http://www.sgbc.org.ng/index.html Also you don't really need funds to start a ministry in this day and age else you will fall into the same hole gospel merchants who promote the tithe doctrine are in. You can start your ministry online through social media and let it grow from there.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
MasterRahl:
Hmmmmmmm....bro...this one is strong...
Well I've heard you. But I'll really need to do more research.

Whilst doing your research, read deuteronomy 14:22-29 and compare the definition, purpose and implementation of tithes there with the church version today that clearly lacks sound scriptural basis but was arrived at by twisting scriptures. That is apart from the fact that tithing was part of the Law which is clearly not applicable to Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Tithe by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
annunaki2:

Whilst doing your research, read deuteronomy 14:22-29 and compare the definition, purpose and implementation of tithes there with the church version today that clearly lacks sound scriptural basis but was arrived at by twisting scriptures. That is apart from the fact that tithing was part of the Law which is clearly not applicable to Christians.
Okay sir. Noted!
Deuteronomy 14 verse 23 instructs that we should eat our tithe before the Lord at a place which he instructs shocked

Verser 25 & 26 is even more shocking. It says if the place where we're to eat our tithe is too far away, we convert it to money and spend it on whatever we desire. undecided

Finally verse 28 & 29 instructs that at the end of three years, our produce should be taken to the towns and given to the Levite's and strangers.

Funny enough, I've not seen any plave where we are asked to take it to the church. Instead, we are asked to eat our tithes and bless the Lord!!!

Mr annunaki2, this is quite revealing.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Tithe by Genesis2000(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
annunaki2:

On the contrary more and more Christians and even pastors have come to the knowledge of truth and are rejecting the tithe doctrine in it's entirety. There is a growing number of churches that don't subscribe to tithe doctrine. If you are based in Lagos, you can try http://www.sgbc.org.ng/index.html Also you don't really need funds to start a ministry in this day and age else you will fall into the same hole gospel merchants who promote the tithe doctrine are in. You can start your ministry online through social media and let it grow from there.

pls i will need a guide on how to start a ministry online. Can we discuss it off line if the need be? Beside i also stay in lagos and i will check the site you posted above.

However it is not as if i really need the fund for personal use, i only need a place atleast that will accomodate even if it is five people, i will really appreciate it and we can start up from there.

Online ministry is good but seeing and fellowshiping with each other physically is better.

I look forward to see ur respond.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
MasterRahl:
Okay sir. Noted!
Deuteronomy 14 verse 23 instructs that we should eat our tithe before the Lord at a place which he instructs shocked

Verser 25 & 26 is even more shocking. It says if the place where we're to eat our tithe is too far away, we convert it to money and spend it on whatever we desire. undecided

Finally verse 28 & 29 instructs that at the end of three years, our produce should be taken to the towns and given to the Levite's and strangers.

Funny enough, I've not seen any plave where we are asked to take it to the church. Instead, we are asked to eat our tithes and bless the Lord!!!

Mr annunaki2, this is quite revealing.

You now see why some of us are vehemently against church tithing today, it's a pure pious fraud. There are several more scriptures I can show you that puts a lie to the church version of tithing.
Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
Genesis2000:

pls i will need a guide on how to start a ministry online. Can we discuss it off line if the need be? Beside i also stay in lagos and i will check the site you posted above.

However it is not as if i really need the fund for personal use, i only need a place atleast that will accomodate even if it is five people, i will really appreciate it and we can start up from there.

Online ministry is good but seeing and fellowshiping with each other physically is better.

I look forward to see ur respond.
Thank you.

I really don't share or make contacts on anonymous forums like this, however if you want to start an online ministry, you can start for instance by writing articles that explains the truth about tithes and publishing them on nairaland and facebook. You can also Google "bold proclaimer ministries" and "tithing101.com" you will be able to see what others are doing to expose the tithe lie and learn from them.
Re: Paying Tithe by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
annunaki2:

You now see why some of us are vehemently against church tithing today, it's a pure pious fraud. There are several more scriptures I can show you that puts a lie to the church version of tithing.
Please show me more. I really wanna read them.
Re: Paying Tithe by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
annunaki2:

Jesus did not exactly commend it as he described it as a less important part of the law. That said the corinthian passage could not have been talking about tithes because tithes in biblical times was strictly agric produce. It was not until the nineteenth century(less than two hundred years ago) that American evangelicals introduced monetary tithe by twisting the scriptures. And yes people give offerings as God as prospered them. A rich man can give N10,000 as offerings whereas a poor man might only be able to give N100, each is giving as God as prospered him.

so that means u pay offerings once a week and offering is a must since paul said let everyman give..... . MY FRIEND HOLD TO YOUR OPINION AND LET ME HOLD MINE. IF U CALL THOSE THAT TAKE TITHES FRAUDSTERS IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT THEY TEACH AND PREACH. THEN THAT MEANS THEY ARE ALL BOUND FOR HELL SUNCE NO FRAUDSTER WILL MAKE HEAVEN WHICH I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH. U BLIVE THAT AS LONG AS A PASTOR DOES NOT TAKE TITHE WHETHER HE IS A FORNICATOR HE IS THE TRUE PASTOR.
MY FREIND GOD WILL NEVER GIVE ANY MAN A MINISTRY TO PREACH FOR OR AGAINST TITHES WHEN HIS CHILDREN ARE STILL WALLOWING IN SIN RATHER HE WILL GIVE THEM A MINISTRY OF SALVATION, HOLINESS, DELIVERANCE e.t.c. I WILL GO TO A CHURCH THAT PAY TITHE AND PREACH THEE THINGS AND WILL NEVER GO TO A CHURCH THAT WILL NOT TAKE TITHE AND STILL ENCOURAGE SIN.
U REFER TO DEUTORONOMY CONCRRNING TITHE UNDER THE LAW BUT I REFER TO MATT. 23:23 AND 1 COR. 16:: 2 UNDER GRACE. ONE MORE THING ARE U PAID IN AGRIC PRODUCE AS YOUR INCOME AND IF U INSIST OFFERIN WAS WHAT WAS TALKED ABOUT IN CORINTH. THEN DO U PAY OFFERING ON 1 SERVICE ONLY. U SEE THE TRUTH YET U PLAY BLIND TO IT. JESUS SAID ABOUT TITHE " THESE OUGHT YE TO DO*
Re: Paying Tithe by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
annunaki2:

U KEEP SAYING TWISTED SCRIPTURES. IS 1 COR 16 :2 TWISTED. IS MAT 23:23. TWISTED. U ARE ACTUALLY THE ONE TWISTING SCRIPTURES BY REFFERING TO MALACHI. ALL THE SCRIPTURE ABOVE U WERE AFRAID TO EXPLAIN IT IN TOTALITY BUT I DID IT FOR U ALREADY. DID JESUS CONDEMN TITHE OR NOT?
Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 5:29am On Aug 24, 2016
brosci:

U KEEP SAYING TWISTED SCRIPTURES. IS 1 COR 16 :2 TWISTED. IS MAT 23:23. TWISTED. U ARE ACTUALLY THE ONE TWISTING SCRIPTURES BY REFFERING TO MALACHI. ALL THE SCRIPTURE ABOVE U WERE AFRAID TO EXPLAIN IT IN TOTALITY BUT I DID IT FOR U ALREADY. DID JESUS CONDEMN TITHE OR NOT?

Stop repeating your lies, Matthew 23:23 was addressed to pharisees who were under the law and not Christians whilst 1 corintintians 16:2 was clearly not talking about tithes. It is you who is trying to force your ill informed opinion into the verse.

3 Likes

Re: Paying Tithe by dorox(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2016
brosci:

Why the capslock? Shouting a lie does not make it true.

3 Likes

Re: Paying Tithe by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 24, 2016
annunaki2:

Stop repeating your lies, Matthew 23:23 was addressed to pharisees who were under the law and not Christians whilst 1 corintintians 16:2 was clearly not talking about tithes. It is you who is trying to force your ill informed opinion into the verse.

u are funny. u said jesus was addresing the pharisees, so does that mean it was not apppicable to other jews. jesus taught in mount olive and sometimes to his disciple specificaly does that means what he said is only applicable to his disciples.
my friend since i pay my tithe does that mean i have a dead relationship with GOD? hell no. he still speaks to me clearly. i am a freeminded person if only u can prove it to me with new testament scriptures then i will stop paying tithe but all u have done so far is use harsh words (fraudsters, twistef, lie) which is not convincing. concerning hebrew we both talked about (levites and melchizedek) . both took tithes. one is dead according to the law while the other still liveth since it is not built under the law . according to heb. the latter is the priesthood of jesus
Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 10:38am On Aug 24, 2016
brosci:

u are funny. u said jesus was addresing the pharisees, so does that mean it was not apppicable to other jews. jesus taught in mount olive and sometimes to his disciple specificaly does that means what he said is only applicable to his disciples.
my friend since i pay my tithe does that mean i have a dead relationship with GOD? hell no. he still speaks to me clearly. i am a freeminded person if only u can prove it to me with new testament scriptures then i will stop paying tithe but all u have done so far is use harsh words (fraudsters, twistef, lie) which is not convincing. concerning hebrew we both talked about (levites and melchizedek) . both took tithes. one is dead according to the law while the other still liveth since it is not built under the law . according to heb. the latter is the priesthood of jesus

When Jesus spoke about tithes in Matthew 23:23, he made it clear that tithes was part of the law and as Christians, we know that we are no longer under the law. The Hebrew passage does not suggest in anyway that Christians should pay tithe, it was merely trying to demonstrate the superiority of Jesus priesthood over the levitical one. Hebrews 7:18 also clearly declares the law(tithe law inclusive. Read verse 5) as weak and useless. It also anulled it so as Christians we have no business trying to observe a dead law. Galatians 5:4 also warns us from trying to keep the law else we fall from the grace of christ.

The tithe doctrine in all honesty is a big insult to the finished works of christ. Christ paid it all and as Christians we are under grace. The tithe doctrine suggests you can "pay" God for his grace and this is clearly wrong. You may also wish to read galatians 3:10

2 Likes

Re: Paying Tithe by dorox(m): 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
brosci:

Is your pastor a levite that he should be demanding for tithes?

2 Likes

Re: Paying Tithe by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
dorox:

Is your pastor a levite that he should be demanding for tithes?

u talk dirty and i will have nothing to do with you. i will rather talk with people that have self respect like akannusi.
Re: Paying Tithe by dorox(m): 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
brosci:

u talk dirty and i will have nothing to do with you. i will rather talk with people that have self respect like akannusi.

My friend, I understand that right now you feel hurt, which may explain the reason why you think that my talk is dirty. I can assure you that my talk is clean and true. Your reaction is quit typical of someone struggling with cognitive dissonance when the falsehood in their worldview encounters the brutal reality of truth.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Tithe by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
dorox:

My friend, I understand that right now you feel hurt, which may explain the reason why you think that my talk is dirty. I can assure you that my talk is clean and true. Your reaction is quit typical of someone struggling with cognitive dissonance when the falsehood in their worldview encounters the brutal reality of truth.

well since i have new testaments backing and u dnt have any. then i think u shd chang your philosophy about tithe
Re: Paying Tithe by annunaki2(m): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
brosci:

well since i have new testaments backing and u dnt have any. then i think u shd chang your philosophy about tithe

In all reality all your new testament 'backing' of tithes as been thoroughly refuted as it is contrary to scriptures. It's also quite instructive that the early church established by the apostles neither preached nor collected tithes. Church tithing today is a modern day heresy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Satanic Devices To Hold You Down In Bondage / Why Is Jesus Christ Honoured In Koran More Than Mohammad / Resurrection By Divine Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.