Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" (16282 Views)

After Tinubu’s Letter To Oyegun, Buhari Meets APC Chairman / Atiku To Oyegun: You Can’t Break Rules Without Creating Problems / You Looked Very Sick We Wish You Quick Recovery- PDP Responds To Buhari's Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by sabi159(m): 9:40am On Aug 20, 2016
Now this is what I call game on boys

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by deathmen12: 9:40am On Aug 20, 2016
Stelvin101:
In as much as this APC govt is not meeting up Nigerians expectation as many Nigerians expected, People's Democratic Party (PDP) is the worst mistake Nigeria has ever made in the history of this nation. Most it always be about Political party? Can't two political parties work together for the betterment of a nation. This is one major problem Nigeria is suffering from.
and what is the dference btwn apc and pdp?, 70percent of apc members wre the once who rule under pdp for the past 16yrs...i wonder the kind of change u guys were expectn

3 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by wristbangle: 9:42am On Aug 20, 2016
A better Nigeria Smh. Anyway I blame APC too who are just nothing but a padded PDP party.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by wreckerMcbeth(m): 9:43am On Aug 20, 2016
Stelvin101:
In as much as this APC govt is not meeting up Nigerians expectation as many Nigerians expected, People's Democratic Party (PDP) is the worst mistake Nigeria has ever made in the history of this nation. Most it always be about Political party? Can't two political parties work together for the betterment of a nation. This is one major problem Nigeria is suffering from.

Abeg, who are the people in this PDP before APC came to limelight? Are they Ghanians? Are we sure they're not in APC now? Are we sure they didn't play a vital role in ensuring APC' victory in the last Presidential election? How are we certain without them if APC would have won?
Let us be reasonable! APC is PDP. The PDP that you alleged to have destroyed Nig for 16yrs now make up significant proportion of APC. If they all pull out today, APC is back to their local state politics.
It should rather be: Politicians destroyed Nigeria for 16yrs. Not PDP....all the political party are all involved.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by PataAlhaja(m): 9:43am On Aug 20, 2016
manutdadex:
they have been managing d economy since end of 2014. And we dont care butam pretty sure, it wont b dis worse

A period when crude oil sold for above $100 per barrel. Now compare that to a period when crude oil is selling for $40 per barrel, knowing fully well that crude oil is the mainstay of the economy and the major source of revenue.

I'm not a fan of Buhari but make we try to dey dey objective at times.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2016
Well said.
Just tell them. I don't mean the party stakeholders, but te delusional citizens that helped them to power.
Enjoy the change you fought hard for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2016
I know nairaland is full of ipob and south south who see noting good with Apc but the fact is that hausa man will still be in power till 2022 unless someting happen. if buhari fail the entire country will be in big problem, and if another hausa man come he will want to spend another 8 years. the development of this country is not only on buhary, what is our governors doing and our chairman and our billionairs. This political class will always be happy with there wealth why we the masses will surfer. the economic indices in the past 17 yrs does not reflect reality on ground what is the need of telling people that you have food and your household are dying of hunger. politicians are praying for there opponent to fail forgeting that we the masses will be the one to face the penalty
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by ETEYEN79(m): 9:51am On Aug 20, 2016
There is one rule I love so much, it says "If You Can't Make It Better, Then Leave It The Way You Met It"

4 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by elitejosef: 9:52am On Aug 20, 2016
989900:
PDP is shameless.
Shut up and face facts

5 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Vikto: 9:54am On Aug 20, 2016
GOD IS ON THE THRONE.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 20, 2016
PataAlhaja:

Do you think the economy would have been better if PDP had won the presidential elections?

PDP sha?

Yet the government had to borrow to pay salaries about 2 months before the elections.

And the puff-puff-cheeked, gele-wearing co-ordinating minister informed Nigerians in 2015 that the immediate future of the economy looked bleak and the country might go into recession. That's after co-ordinating the baddest looting ever known to man.

PDP indeed handed over a better Nigeria to Buhari. grin

The common man in the marketmarkets and streets know better because they experience the hardship first hand. There is no doubt about the pigs called PDP stealing and corruption unlimited. But you and I know that things weren't as bad as it is now

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Appareil(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2016
No matter how clouded our Judgment is, we can't deny this fact. Present crew must work hard to bring back a better Nigeria.Even with all their corruption, things were still better.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Appareil(m): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2016
oyegbe:
I know nairaland is full of ipob and south south who see noting good with Apc but the fact is that hausa man will still be in power till 2022 unless someting happen. if buhari fail the entire country will be in big problem, and if another hausa man come he will want to spend another 8 years. the development of this country is not only on buhary, what is our governors doing and our chairman and our billionairs. This political class will always be happy with there wealth why we the masses will surfer. the economic indices in the past 17 yrs does not reflect reality on ground what is the need of telling people that you have food and your household are dying of hunger. politicians are praying for there opponent to fail forgeting that we the masses will be the one to face the penalty
IF YOU WANT TO GIVE AN ADVICE OR STATE FACTS, STOP CALLING OUT REGIONS. I DON'T BELONG TO THOSE REGION BUT I AM OBJECTIVE. STOP PROVOKING THEM.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by 989900: 9:58am On Aug 20, 2016
NoreenUG:

Mister, you are hurling platitudes.

The cold, bitter fact remains that NO INDEX you can pull out today would place the Buhari administration above the Jonathan administration. NOT ONE AT ALL.

PDP is corrupt but all through their 16 years, the Nigerian GDP recorded a steady POSITIVE GROWTH. Buhari's administration is the FIRST time the country is recording a negative GDP growth since Nigeria retuurned to democracy.

PDP is corrupt but their recruitment exercises were FAIR and OPEN to children of the common man. APC's government has taken us back to the dark days of nepotism where secret recruitments were done to favour children of public officials.

PDP is corrupt but they battled and defeated Polio. The foolish APC government has seen its return.

PDP is corrupt but Jonathan's administration saw Nigeria record a Foreign Portfolio Investment base of $693million in the FIRST quarter of 2015. That FPI has currently fallen to a MISERABLE $90.3million this year. Osinbajo admitted this with his own mouth. You want me to give you links?

Do a side-by-side comparison of Jonathan's ministers with Buhari's ministers and tell me you will not end up embarrassed.

Yeah, PDP had lots of vices; but APC is a definite DOWNGRADE in ALL FACETS.

LoL.

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Orikinla(m): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2016
[size=18pt]You handed over a Nigeria that left Borno state in the hands of Boko Haram terrorists with more than 15, 000 innocent Nigerians killed and millions displaced from their homes by the insurgents.
You handed over a Nigeria with more than 350, 000 refugees in neighboring countries of Chad, Niger and Cameroon and more than 1 million IDPs.
You handed over a Nigeria with the more than 200 Chibok school girls kidnapped by Boko Haram still missing.
You handed over a Nigeria where pipeline vandals were on rampage in the Niger Delta and even terrorized Lagos and Ogun states.
You handed over a Nigeria after looting the national treasury and misappropriations of billions of dollars by your former President Goodluck Jonathan, PDP ATM machine, Sambo Dasuki, former National Security Adviser (NSA), former Minister of Petroleum, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke and other partners in crime.
You handed over a Nigeria where no single government official or military officer was indicted or prosecuted for corruption, because they have been your partners in crime.
You handed over a Nigeria with dysfunctional federal ministries and failed systems of education, health and power supply.
In summary, your PDP handed over a failed state to the new ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) and handicapped the new President Muhammadu Buhari from day one in office.[/size]

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2016
grin grin grin

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by folks4luv(f): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:
You guys are joking right?

All what we experiencing now, is as a result of the damages done by previous governments, but people are too emotional and irrational to think.
this is exactly d thing I hate hearing, especially when not backed up with facts. think ur d irrational one here, or where is d logic in yr 'facts'?

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by damon222: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2016
oganology33:
My Message 2 FGN led by Buhari & APCNigeria;

If u can't make it beta, at least dnt make it worse.
That is it. These dumbest apc should allow the economy to remain where GEJ left and handed over to Buhari. Imagine two women with three children walked into my plantain farm, that they want to buy plaintain. I then asked my security to cut down two bunch of gaint plantain just four days ago. These women took them, left and said they will pay later in the day. Till today 20th Aug, I never see them.
There is serious hardship such that people now use force to take something from people with the mind set that if you like kill me. These people do not have other option or ways to live.
Buhari should allow the economy at the point GEJ left and not to reverse it much more downward because they are all dumbest dunce and very incompetent apc members

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2016
folks4luv:

this is exactly d thing I hate hearing, especially when not backed up with facts. think ur d irrational one here, or where is d logic in yr 'facts'?

Why are we blaming the current government for the hardships we facing now? The economy is what it is today not because of the pilots we have but because the fundamentals are in shambles!!

Cast your mind back to what it was just weeks before handover!! There was no fuel anywhere, no electricity, banks were closing by 12noon because there was no electricity. Telecoms companies were unable to sustain their activities due to issues bordering on availability of gasoline/diesel to power their generators, etc!!

All these happening when crude was still being sold @ $70/barrel!! Now, it is being sold at just over half that price and people expect to see miracles happen!! sister, it isn't that simple.

When recession came calling sometime in 2006 (or thereabouts) with a crash in crude prices, Nigeria defended her currency and her economy with over $20billion. Imports was sustained and the value of the naira was hardly affected. We had over $60billion in our reserves then!

Today, we are talking about just over half that amount at the point of handover with a population increase of over 15million!! This implies that if $20billion was being used to keep the economy afloat then, we would require even more today to do same!!

Now, imagine the implication of pulling out over 20billion dollars from our current reserve about a year ago or even now, and being left with about 10-15billion in reserves!! Imagine a country that isn't credit worthy!!

These are fundamental issues that would take time to correct. People don't see these things because they are too emotional to analyse them dispassionately.

Everybody is feeling the pangs, but I foresaw this coming from day one, so did NOI herself and Sanusi. They warned that we saved for the rainy day but the admin they worked under never heeded that warning. Today, shiit has really hit the fan and everyone is pointing accusing fingers at this government. I'm afraid I won't blame her on the state of the economy- it has been a long time coming, the arabs will say "qodiman" - for so long(past)....

3 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Trueyarn(m): 10:14am On Aug 20, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by cyrilamx(m): 10:15am On Aug 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:
You guys are joking right? You couldn't have said it better.
All what we experiencing now, is as a result of the damages done by previous governments, but people are too emotional and irrational to think.
30 years of unbridled looting of our common wealth aka 'chop I chop' institutionalised by 1bb. Nigerians were happy not knowing they were postponing evil days. Then came in PDP...looting, political assassinations, kick backs, 16 Billion dollars sunk in power 'failure ', dasukigate dezianigate...and the rests. GEJ made more money from sales of oil at more than 100 dollar a barrel but nothing to show for it...what else on paper largest economy, GEJ looked the other way while Tompolo became defence contractor, he deliberately armed the niger-delta militants at the expense of our military, killing of Gen Azazzi because of his Revelation that PDP was responsible for boko haram menace. In reality PDP and GEJ handed over a comatose economy to PMB. Many have forgotten at $58 a barrel, GEJ was already borrowing to pay salary. Let keep sentiment aside, Nigerians are like children of Israel who after being liberated from Egypt (PDP) , due to challenges on the way to Canaan (better Nigeria) started clamouring to go back to Egypt incuring the wrath of God. The evil and wastage associated with PDP came to limelight when few months out of power they couldn't even foot the bills of their Secretariat and salaries of their employees which led them to invite a bigger problem in the person of Ali Modu Sheriff to bail them out. If PDP were still in power and with the crash in crude oil prices, they would have even sold Nigeria to a lot of Ali Modu Sheriffs.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Appareil(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2016
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]You handed over a Nigeria that left Borno state in the hands of Boko Haram terrorists with more than 15, 000 innocent Nigerians killed and millions displaced from their homes by the insurgents.
You handed over a Nigeria with more than 350, 000 refugees in neighboring countries of Chad, Niger and Cameroon and more than 1 million IDPs.
You handed over a Nigeria with the more than 200 Chibok school girls kidnapped by Boko Haram still missing.
You handed over a Nigeria where pipeline vandals were on rampage in the Niger Delta and even terrorized Lagos and Ogun states.
You handed over a Nigeria after looting the national treasury and misappropriations of billions of dollars by your former President Goodluck Jonathan, PDP ATM machine, Sambo Dasuki, former National Security Adviser (NSA), former Minister of Petroleum, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke and other partners in crime.
You handed over a Nigeria where no single government official or military officer was indicted or prosecuted for corruption, because they have been your partners in crime.
You handed over a Nigeria with dysfunctional federal ministries and failed systems of education, health and power supply.
In summary, your PDP handed over a failed state to the new ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) and handicapped the new President Muhammadu Buhari from day one in office.[/size]

God hates hypocrisy, Boko haram is not His fault.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Trueyarn(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2016
[b]We know the PDP did not deliver 100% but what they did was taking us there gradually, this country was a force to reckon with in international communities. Without mincing words,the APC led administration has failed so far and from the look of things it might get worse as there are very few credible individuals involved in this administration, most of the ministries are led by corrupt politicians who had served a tenure or two some time ago under another administration. This people were spent on ideas and are now very shallow minded as to what strategy to use as a remedy to the economic windfall,but these are the same people that are being called to occupy positions that we were made to believe are for "the leaders of tomorrow''. They do not even understand what the masses mean by hardship cos there had accumulated so much wealth from their past tenures and are still earning so much money from their new office of duty, so they are just passive about the whole situation and when it seems like their in-activity is becoming obvious, they just go on one National TV and utter whatever rubbish lies the can figure out from their shallow minds, and sum it up with playing the blame game. [/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by 989900: 10:18am On Aug 20, 2016
elitejosef:

Shut up and face facts

Now you are shameless, or st00pid, or both.

#Stockholmsyndrome

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by 4wrd9ja: 10:21am On Aug 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Yeah, we are all feeling the pangs but still its unfair to blame this government, before the government was handed over to APC(after buhari was announced as the winner) what was the state of Nigerians, wasnt there sufferings compared to when the election was still going on? The fact is, Nigeria can never change if we its citizens do not change, its not really about the government, its about us, the greatest monster facing Nigeria is corruption.

oga you're still repeating this lies of corruption , Now the saint is in power and corruption is no where to be found why is every thing still going south. The simple reason is lack of competent managers, not that everything will fall in place at once but you see signs that things are improving but not in this case they focus more on excuses than seeking solutions.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Pidggin(f): 10:21am On Aug 20, 2016
tno4real:

I sorry for u

Lol we were buying fuel N87/ltr, gas N2500, N200/$1,bag of pure water N80, bag of rice N6500. You should be sorry for yourself supporting people that have brought hardship to you

3 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 20, 2016
cyrilamx:
30 years of unbridled looting of our common wealth aka 'chop I chop' institutionalised by 1bb. Nigerians were happy not knowing they were postponing evil days. Then came in PDP...looting, political assassinations, kick backs, 16 Billion dollars sunk in power 'failure ', dasukigate dezianigate...and the rests. GEJ made more money from sales of oil at more than 100 dollar a barrel but nothing to show for it...what else on paper largest economy, GEJ looked the other way while Tompolo became defence contractor, he deliberately armed the niger-delta militants at the expense of our military, killing of Gen Azazzi because of his Revelation that PDP was responsible for boko haram menace. In reality PDP and GEJ handed over a comatose economy to PMB. Many have forgotten at $58 a barrel, GEJ was already borrowing to pay salary. Let keep sentiment aside, Nigerians are like children of Israel who after being liberated from Egypt (PDP) , due to challenges on the way to Canaan (better Nigeria) started clamouring to go back to Egypt incuring the wrath of God. The evil and wastage associated with PDP came to limelight when few months out of power they couldn't even foot the bills of their Secretariat and salaries of their employees which led them to invite a bigger problem in the person of Ali Modu Sheriff to bail them out. If PDP were still in power and with the crash in crude oil prices, they would have even sold Nigeria to a lot of Ali Modu Sheriffs.

Couldn't have said it any better, the emboldened is so so true...

Folks4luv you have to read this too.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by joisfeko: 10:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Stelvin101:
if bubu admin can do half of what jonathan admin did nigeria will be a better place to be .

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by 989900: 10:24am On Aug 20, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

res ipsa loquitor cool

Obviously, you know the truth, but you prefer to align with PDP's specious shame of a defence . . .
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Appareil(m): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2016
cyrilamx:
What makes Sheriff a bigger problem if BH is associated to PDP. Papa God is a Just. judge. No body from 30years Back is innocent. Please leave GEJ alone God bless you

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by ephi123(f): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2016
APC keeps blaming the past, the question is what exactly are they doing RIGHT NOW? The truth is they had no plans and were not prepared for the weight of leadership. In any case they should get ready to be blasted day in, day out cos no one forced them to promise all the humongous promises they made during campaign.

Bunch of selfish, unserious, lying, inhumane leaders.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 20, 2016
4wrd9ja:

oga you're still repeating this lies of corruption , Now the saint is in power and corruption is no where to be found why is every thing still going south. The simple reason is lack of competent managers, not that everything will fall in place at once but you see signs that things are improving but not in this case they focus more on excuses than seeking solutions.

Ok, read this

cyrilamx:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anyim: Why We Wanted To Impeach Obasanjo — Former Senate President / APC Congresses Under Threat As Court Declares Buni’s Chairmanship Illegal / Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.