Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,664 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! (6855 Views)

Top 10 Core Questions You MUST Ask In A Job Interview To Land Your Dream Job / How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips / How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by health2wealth: 7:01am On Aug 30, 2016
Challenge: Stop Sharing CV, Start Sharing Proposals.
If you are a graduate and it is your practice to share your CV around, I want to challenge you to use your potential and not your credential. I want to put you on a one month challenge and I will accept the risk of losing my money. You are going to do two things.
1. Photocopy your credential as many as you want for sharing in the month of September.
2. I will give you 20 copies of proposals for sharing in the month of September but you must deposit One Thousand Naira for ID card and as a trustee for our proposals and other items.

You will spend like one or two days a week to go out and submit both your CV and the proposals to companies, organizations and schools.
At the end of the month, if you get a well-paying job, I will give you Two Thousand Naira plus compensation for transport.
If you don’t get a well-paying job, I will give you your One Thousand Naira back and you will only get 50% of revenue from successfully processes service from all the proposal you submitted against our normal 70% payout.

For more information, terms and conditions or to enter the challenge, check my signature below. You will receive an instant message in your email. Just follow the instruction.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
21. Don’t talk about your social life at an interview, unless your activities display an important skill such as leadership or teamwork.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:28am On Aug 31, 2016
22. If you must include references on your CV, they shouldn’t be more than two, and one should preferably be your current employer.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
23. Most importantly, proofread your CV. There should be no spelling, punctuation or grammar errors: unprofessional CVs are rejected. If you find editing your own work difficult, get a friend to read your CV.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by Hamzatfresh: 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2016
Please does one needs to type a company's address while applying for a job via email?
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
24. Once you’re done with your CV, show it to as many people as possible: your supervisor/mentor, colleagues, even your family and friends. Their first impressions will help you to improve on it.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
It depends. If you're attaching a cover letter, Yes, but it doesn't have to be the full address. But if your cover letter is on the body of the email. There's no need for an address. I hope you understand?
Hamzatfresh:
Please does one needs to type a company's address while applying for a job via email?
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by Hamzatfresh: 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
It depends. If you're attaching a cover letter, Yes, but it doesn't have to be the full address. But if your cover letter is on the body of the email. There's no need for an address. I hope you understand?
yes I do. Thanks
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
You're welcome.
Hamzatfresh:

yes I do. Thanks

1 Like

Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2016
25. Talk less: Telling the interviewer more than he needs to know could jeopardize your chances of getting the job. Prepare for the interview by reading through the job posting, matching your skills with the position's requirements and relating only that information.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
26. Endeavor to use professional language during the interview. Beware of inappropriate slang – they could send you out of the door sooner than you can imagine.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by jonextee(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
Following with rapt attention
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:23am On Sep 04, 2016
You're welcome.
jonextee:
Following with rapt attention
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
27. Not only should you always be on time for an interview, you should also always mind your time during an interview. Interviewees rambling on is one of the most common interview blunders, according to HR experts. You have to listen attentively to the questions, and answer them concisely. A lot of applicants miss this basic thing. You ask them a question, and they go off on a tangent. They might think you want to hear what they're saying, but they didn't answer your question.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by Dhara12(m): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
following
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
28. Give examples of the work you’ve done. It's one thing to say you can do something, and it’s another thing to actually get it done. Interviewers are looking for candidates who can get the job done. They believe your past behavior can indicate your future performance. so give examples of events that highlight your successes and uniqueness.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
You're welcome.
Dhara12:
following
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:37am On Sep 07, 2016
29. Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience. Make sure you include examples of career successes, problem resolution or achievements.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:41am On Sep 08, 2016
30. Keep it simple. Your choice of font and layout are key to making sure a would-be employer carries on reading your CV. Simple formats work best.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:56am On Sep 09, 2016
31. Don't be generic. Work out who or which industry sector your CV is destined for and tailor it to highlight the right aspects of your experience for them.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:13am On Sep 10, 2016
32. Check, check and check again. Avoid errors at all costs. This means spelling mistakes, dates which conflict with one another and incorrect email address and phone number.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:37am On Sep 11, 2016
33. Update. Firing off an old CV will look unprofessional, so ensure that yours is regularly updated to meet the requirements of any job opening you see.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
34. Use a template. By following a CV template you are not restricting the way in which you can express yourself, but you will find that your CV becomes easier to read and covers all the most important aspects of your work history.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by onward4life(m): 5:59am On Sep 14, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
Hello,

Patrick Okunima is my name. I'm a professional resume (CV) writer and Principal Partner at Patrick Okunima & Associates (www.patrickokunima.com). Beginning from now, I'll be sharing some job search, interview, CV and cover letter writing tips on this thread. I hope you'll find it helpful. Stay tuned!

Note: This thread is strictly to share job search, interview, CV and cover letter writing tips. So, if you have any questions or if you want to make inquiries, kindly visit my website, www.patrickokunima.com or contact me privately. You'll find my contact on my signature.

1. When adding accomplishments on your CV, be specific. Include figures and numbers, and be factual. E.g: Grew customer-base by 50% within 6 months.

Good morning MR Patrick.

Hw Do I Come over my Greatest challenge in interview i.e MAY I MEET YOU...
This is an arithmetical question that is capable of **defaulting** my mode. As easy as it sounds I never got any job that this question sounds, lets agree to disagree, that's is my venerable shot..

Thanks in anticipation..
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:53am On Sep 17, 2016
35. Try something new!!! If you are stuck in a job search rut, add a new strategy to your repertoire. Diversity is key. Instead of only job searching online, try working with a recruiter, or set up informational interviews with industry contacts to help you learn more about the area of interest and the hands-on daily job duties. Go to that company in your neighborhood and try talking to one of the supervisors to get firsthand information on job openings.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
36. You should be realistic about your skills and the level of expertise that you have with it. For example, if you indicate that you are a very organized person, then you should be able to show this to the interviewer by being able to organize your thoughts and effectively use the time that was given for your interview.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2016
37. It is important to know your skills every time you are job hunting. Always put your best foot forward. Always take time to consider if your skills are relevant to the job that you are aspiring for. Don't be bothered if you have to cut out some of the skills from your list. It is also important to include in the list your skills that the prospective employer will probably value.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
38. Knowing what you want is one of the most important aspects in your job search. It will help guide you to find the best type of job and career that suits your personality and desires. Truly knowing what kind of personality you have and your interests gives you an idea how you would like to spend the majority of your work day.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2016
RE: No 38 - What you should do:

a. Make a list of what really interests you.

1 Like

Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:27am On Sep 21, 2016
b. Make a list of what really excites you.
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2016
c. Ask yourself ―What kind of job am I really after?
Re: UNVEILED: Powerful Tips To Help You Land Your DREAM JOB!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
d. Make a list of what really moves you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ford Plans To Cut 3,200 Jobs In Europe / The Most Important Step I Took After I Was Sacked From A Bank-to Sacked Bankers / Management Sciences For Health (MSH) Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.