Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria...opabunmi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria...opabunmi (519 Views)

Blind Femi Opabunmi Duped By Fake Pastors And Imams / Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” / Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria...opabunmi by gbengress1: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
Former Golden Eaglets and Super Eagles forward Femi Opabunmi has vowed to stop any of his children who takes to football as a career from representing Nigeria.
News went viral some days ago that Opabunmi, who was the Bronze Ball winner as the third Most Most Valueable Player of the 2001 FIFA U17 World Cup in Trinidad and Tobago, had almost gone blind and is broke.
On a live radio programme on Top Radio FM, Lagos on Friday, Opabunmi insisted that the Nigeria Football Federation abandoned him in his time of need.
Consequently, the former Shooting Stars of Ibadan star says he will stop any of his children who might want to play international football for Nigeria.
“Its a bad story. Sometimes I don’t want to watch Nigerian football because any day I want to do so, I cry,” Opabunmi, who featured for Nigeria at the 2002 FIFA World Cup as a teenager, said.
“I don’t know if the NFF will help me now. I needed their assistance. I will like my children to play professional football in future, but I will not allow them to play for this country.
Read Also: Duamlong Hails Nigeria Versus Brazil Fixture
“My experience brings me bad memories. I will rather encourage them to take up nationalities of other countries and play international football elsewhere.
“I believe in God. If He says they (NFF) will do something for me, they will, and if they can’t, there’s nothing we can do.”
Opabunmi further revealed another interesting side of his life when he was asked about his love relationship with a young girl whom he promised to marry.
It was rumoured that the said girl had laid a curse on the former Nigerian international who jilted her.
“Its not true (that I was cursed). I promised someone that I would marry her but I’m not perfect because I’m a human being,” Opabunmi explained.
Opabunmi some days ago said only Osaze Odemwingie and Seyi Olofinjana were his friends who gave him some money for an eye operation, as well as coach Adegboye Onigbinde.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/opabunmi-my-kids-wont-play-for-nigeria/#KzMWweE4P1gIcFUL.99
Re: My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria...opabunmi by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
Nigeria as a country is guilty for not helping you despite all what you gave to her but you also need to be blamed for not saving for the rainy days when you ought to. You didn't help yourself and may this may be the reason why Nigeria did not help you. I am sure people like Siasia, Eguavoen, Amokachi, Oliseh, Keshi (of blessed memory) etc. have benefited in one way or the other.
Re: My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria...opabunmi by gbengress1: 12:23am On Aug 20, 2016
U are right
derespect:
Nigeria as a country is guilty for not helping you despite all what you gave to her but you also need to be blamed for not saving for the rainy days when you ought to. You didn't help yourself and may this may be the reason why Nigeria did not help you. I am sure people like Siasia, Eguavoen, Amokachi, Oliseh, Keshi (of blessed memory) etc. have benefited in one way or the other.

(1) (Reply)

Today's Predictions 20th August 2016 / Why Your Child Should Learn To Swim. / Dream Team VI Land In Lagos After Winning Bronze At 2016 Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.