Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook (16508 Views)

6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night / Why People Are Excited About The Return Of The Reliable Nokia 3310 / 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Sphilip1(m): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2016
Certain Facebook users make sure their friends list is trimmed and such type of people are ready to remove you when ever you violate their “personal terms of use”. Based on our interactions with certain individuals, these are the top reasons people will unfriend you on Facebook:

1. Tagging Friends Unnecessarily in Status Updates & Photos

This is one of the most annoying thing people do on Facebook. To be sincere, you do not have to tag your friends in every status updates you post. Unless it’s very important or you are relating the post to them, when you do this in excess, it becomes annoying and will make people unfriend you.

Populating people's photo albums with your tagged pictures isn’t a good idea unless it’s a picture you took together. Tagging people in pictures originally meant that you took that picture with that particular person but this feature is being abused daily.

2. Sharing Indecent Updates

If you know what it feels like to open your Facebook news feed only to be welcomed with a NSFW picture and you have a friend beside you looking at your phone, perhaps you’ll have a better understanding of what I’m driving at here. It can be very embarrassing.

There are certain things you shouldn't share on Facebook but some people don’t know this; they just keep share anything from adult content. You won’t think twice to remove this kind of people, you know?

3. Adding Your Friends To Groups

Just as you confirm friends before adding them to your friend list, adding people to groups should be a matter of choice too but unfortunately, Facebook allows your friends add you to different group without your consent. It’s alright to add them to just one group you think they might be interested in but when you make this a daily routine, they won’t hesitate to unfriend.

Adding people to groups only increase notifications. There are times you log in to Facebook to see 20 notifications, 17 of them being from groups, and photo tags.

4. Adding Your Friends to Group Conversations

People hate being added to group conversations especially when the topic has nothing to do with them. People abuse this feature and sometimes used for spamming.

Doing this frequently might get you unfriended upset and get you blocked by lots of people.

5. Sharing Links on Your Friends Timeline

If you have a blog and you’re desperately looking for traffic, you don't have to paste your links directly on your friends’ timeline every single day

6. Documenting Your Life on Facebook

This may not get you unfriended, but definitely unfollowed. When you keep documenting every second of your life on Facebook, you become one thing people hate to see on their news feed. Some Facebook users go as far as posting updates about them going to the toilet, taking a bath, peeing, spitting or just about everything.

Nobody needs to see pictures of you dressed up for Church or pictures of you having breakfast, lunch and dinner. And also, if you got dumped by your girlfriend, Facebook isn’t the right place to whine.

Source: http://www.techkibay.com/2015/12/why-people-unfriend-block-or-unfollow.html

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Dullahi(m): 9:39am On Aug 20, 2016
This deserves to be on the front page. This article says it all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Sphilip1(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2016
Dullahi:
This deserves to be on the front page. This article says it all.

Hehe.. grin grin Hope it does.
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Dullahi(m): 10:22am On Aug 20, 2016
Sphilip1:

Hehe.. grin grin Hope it does.

Try your luck by mentioning the mods.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by guyXander(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by supersaz66(m): 10:45am On Aug 20, 2016
Na all this new generation kids way go dae find likes up and down. Post one single picture tag 100 people haba
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by adeniyilamlek(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2016
U deserve this

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Kingy10: 10:54am On Aug 20, 2016
7) Not liking their posts....especially some girls grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Sphilip1(m): 11:33am On Aug 20, 2016
Kingy10:
7) Not liking their posts....especially some girls grin

Hehe.. you sabi the thing!! grin cheesy grin

How many likes can this girl get?

9 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by benjaminben(m): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
U hit the nail on the head. So annoying things xpecialy gals

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
The last one get me pissed....got lotta friends like that and I sharperly blocked dem...iranu#

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Laredojohn(m): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
Quite true, some have turned fb to different things...peeps should let their personal life b personal and social life social
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by jimfend: 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Tallesty1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
Tagging me on posts that say "type amen to claim this prayer" breaks my heart more than a failed relationship

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
1,2 and 6

I have just unfriended someone because of number 6. If I were interested in knowing you, I would sign up for Snapchat and Instagram accounts!!! angry
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by StepTwo: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
the ultimate one, uploading 50 photos at a time and as many times as they have that new makeup, new hair, new clothes, new environment, and funniest, new coaster bus to Sagamu.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Proffdada: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
I block trolls undecided

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by saintkel(m): 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
Like I care?
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by NOBODYY: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
daretodiffer:
1,2 and 6

I have just unfriended someone because of number 6. If I were interested in everyday pictures, I would sign up for Snapchat and Instagram accounts!!! angry
fvcking say what is in number 1, 2 and 6 dont make us scroll back all the way to the top to check undecided undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
I don't know if it's me but I find facebook quite boring.

10 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by dermmy(m): 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
I don't find facebook useful anymore.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by BABANGBALI: 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
I blocked vickyrotex since 1956 because of no 6
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Beesluv: 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
So true esp no. 3.

7. Those that keep posting "hi Op, I lost 10000 pounds in a minute". I unfriend them with the thought that their accounts have been hacked.
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
No. 6 is why I delete people on snapchat.
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Helkayklassic(m): 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
You forgot those that invite you to come and play Candy crush. This is so annoying.

14 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by MidasTouche01(m): 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
So true.....

the group adding friends can be so annoying :-/

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by KellyFORMAT(m): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
No tym for rubbish, block such frnds, Asap angryNo tym for rubbish, block such frnds, Asap
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Goldenheart(m): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
grin
Meanwhile please support my creative ministry and like my facebook page

https://facebook.com/hcomics

wink
Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
People still do Facebook

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by izzou(m): 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
Dat type Amen shiii

Oohhhh.

Dat thing dey scatter my head

angry

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why People Unfriend, Block Or Unfollow You On Facebook by seunny4lif(m): 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
Make I book space
Why Jesus go force you to type Amen angry angry
That's why I no too get Friends on Facebook angry angry angry

Share all those rubbish to my post and I will delete you straight away angry angry angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best ****n-gage**** Gamez Played Ever****** / Infinix Note 2 Has Been Launched! / TECNO SPARK 3 Wins (AITTA) Phone Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.