Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,370 members, 7,958,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:11 AM

Can Kidney Problems Effect Skin? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Kidney Problems Effect Skin? (1223 Views)

10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage / I'm A Kidney Patient, 6 Years Post Transplant / Natural Remedies For Kidney Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Kidney Problems Effect Skin? by amstrongn(m): 9:44pm On Sep 28, 2009
My grandfather has problems with kidneys for as long as I know him. He has these hemodialysis treatments every week and I can see that his way of life is causing him great harm. He said to me once that his skin itches a lot from time to time. Can kidney problems effect skin? Is there any help there for him? Or will he have to endure it for the rest of his life?
please i need a serious reply,
thanks
Re: Can Kidney Problems Effect Skin? by dominique(f): 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
duplicate topic
Re: Can Kidney Problems Effect Skin? by Seun(m): 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2009
Duplicate of what
Re: Can Kidney Problems Effect Skin? by bintab(f): 8:10am On Oct 03, 2009
amstrongn:

My grandfather has problems with kidneys for as long as I know him. He has these hemodialysis treatments every week and I can see that his way of life is causing him great harm. He said to me once that his skin itches a lot from time to time. Can kidney problems effect skin? Is there any help there for him? Or will he have to endure it for the rest of his life?
thanks
Yes this can definitely affect the skin,Due to the level of urea produced as by products of protein which the malfunction kidneys is unable to get rid off and also due to constant disruption of the blood plasma the skin becomes dried and tough causes severe pruritis(itching).There is limited help for this condition my suggestion is to keep the skin rehydated and the use of moisturizer best suggested by his physician. Good luck to your grang dad.
Re: Can Kidney Problems Effect Skin? by Potu(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2009
amstrongn:

My grandfather has problems with kidneys for as long as I know him. . Can kidney problems effect skin? Is there any help there for him? Or will he have to endure it for the rest of his life?
thanks

Lord Jesus, yes, renal failure can cause intense itching. Excess urea and dehydration are the primary causes of itching in renal failure. Depending on if your granny can tolerate it; the dialysis should be increased to three times a week. If he is a candidate, kidney transplant is an absolute cure.

Otherwise optimal hydration, benadryl topical cream, and a systemic antipruritic that your granny’s physician recommends, may help. Good luck
Re: Can Kidney Problems Effect Skin? by ab1989: 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2009
with the use of food/ nutritional supplements, this problem will be taken care of.
For many people now, it has been discovered that kidney problems responded to some food nutrients/supplements. Therefore, it can be taken care of to a reasonable degree by eating the right food taking certain supplements. in view of the fact that all the food we are taken nowadays are prepared or planted with chemicals which made them not to give us the right nutrient needed by our body and organs. The supplement recommended to supply the nutrients which will enable your body to function well without the problems mentioned above and also to enable you to avoid the surgical operation related to this problem are available which you can buy directly from USA company having offices in Nigeria. For more information contact orelusimodupe@yahoo.com or call 08032451201 or 01/7667672
Re: Can Kidney Problems Effect Skin? by Potu(m): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2009
ab1989:

with the use of food/ nutritional supplements, this problem will be taken care of.
For many people now, it has been discovered that kidney problems responded to some food nutrients/supplements.

Thousands of people with renal failure, especially from the Middle Eastern countries, flood to the United States with millions of dollars seeking kidney transplant. Unfortunately, organ transplant is a much regimented process in the United States. An Arab gentleman offered me $5 million, if I was willing to move his wife to the top of the list. He did not know that politicians may be, but health care professionals are not open to bribery in the United States.

Apparently, these people have not heard of your supplement in Nigeria. Here in the United States, we rely exclusively on dialysis and transplant. Optimal diet and supplements are needed by everybody; not just people with renal failure.

Once your kidney nephrones are dead, nothing the medical field knows of will regenerate them in this lifetime.
Re: Can Kidney Problems Effect Skin? by MUZBO(m): 6:30am On Oct 06, 2009
Yes it can.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Learnt About ''RHESUS INCOMPARTIBILITY''? / Heart Attack Warning Signs You Must Not Ignore / HELP: I No Longer Have Erection After I Was Diagnosed Of Stds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.