Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! (1637 Views)

Who Is The Funniest Of These 4 Nigerian Actors? / Nigerian Actors Who Combine Acting With Lecturing Jobs (Photos) / Do Actors Get Turned On Filming Romance Scenes? Nigerian Actors Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by newintexas: 10:36pm On Sep 28, 2009
It baffles me that most Nigerian actors and actresses have still not polished up to a higher standard. I mean, the wigs some of them put on is so embarassing, i sometimes feel my face burn with embarassment. Typical example is Omotola and Mercy Johnson. I am not here to judge, so what can we do to improve their looks.
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by MrCrackles(m): 10:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
You are wasting your time watching those nonentities as well as nollytrash!
Psssssssssf!
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by newintexas: 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2009
Thats a matter of your opinion. I am not one to give up on Nigeria. The movies might not be up there right now, but then Rome was not built in a day. I dont have much respect for citizens who go gaga for hollywood movies and sing praises of all the good things happening in other countries and are scornful of their own country. That's why foreigners don't have much respect in diaspora but most especially Africans. If we all contribute in our own small way, Nigeria will one day be a great country. That does not mean I do not understand your fustration but giving up will not help either
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by MrCrackles(m): 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
newintexas:

Thats a matter of your opinion. I am not one to give up on Nigeria. The movies might not be up there right now, but then Rome was not built in a day. I dont have much respect for citizens who go gaga for hollywood movies and sing praises of all the good things happening in other countries and are scornful of their own country. That's why foreigners don't have much respect in diaspora but most especially Africans. If we all contribute in our own small way, Nigeria will one day be a great country. That does not mean I do not understand your fustration but giving up will not help either
I laugh in Nollywood! grin
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 28, 2009
newintexas:

all this because of wig?
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2009
Errhmmm they look more presentable these days. I thought it's the movie people that give them the things they wear. undecided Why blame them?
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by MrCrackles(m): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2009
stillwater:

Errhmmm they look more presentable these days. I thought it's the movie people that give them the things they wear. undecided Why blame them?
So they gave them rags and trash, and they still wear them? shocked shocked shocked
Blimey, Nollywood is top draw crap and poo! grin
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by SeXyBoNE: 12:54am On Sep 29, 2009
newintexas:

It baffles me that most Nigerian actors and actresses have still not polished up to a higher standard. I mean, the wigs some of them put on is so embarassing, i sometimes feel my face burn with embarassment. Typical example is Omotola and Mercy Johnson. I am not here to judge, so what can we do to improve their looks.

Maybe they've not used KIWI, I will tell my friend to import more so that i can distribute it to the nollystone hacktors and hacktresses. its the best
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by saraj(f): 5:47am On Sep 29, 2009
Yes the costume designers in Nollywood have alot to answer for.
Absolutely horrific!!
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by thando(f): 6:12am On Sep 29, 2009
U cracked me up there tpia
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by sexyLeamon(f): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

You are wasting your time watching those nonentities as well as nollytrash!
Psssssssssf!

all the time so harsh, take it easy jore geezzz.
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by MrCrackles(m): 9:34am On Sep 29, 2009
sexyLeamon:

all the time so harsh, take it easy jore geezzz.
tongue
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by MissyB1(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2009
Abegii!!! Which one is Nigerian Actor[b]s[/b] and Actress[b]es[/b]? undecided
Not all of 'em look like a modernized version of Wiliwili.
There are some of 'em that would never be caught looking less than SPLENDID. kiss

Yup . . .Even tho I like Mercy Johnson, she just happens to be one of 'em that need
alotta 'updating' IMHO. . . . .
She has to work on her complexion eh.
T's very dull, not radiant. . . I think I should recommend my cream 4 her. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by spikedcylinder: 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2009
Its the recession. Una no vex. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by HarryPotter1(m): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2009
dat is 9ja 4 u anything can happen so far its 9ja.but wats ur concern there? they wear it just 2 entertain and also advertise it.so pissy off. undecided
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by Shola2009(m): 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2009

Yea,but Rome didnt remain the same for over 20 years!! Nollywood,no even try at alll, still using ketchup and ribena as blood, wtf is that
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by MissyB1(m): 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2009
Shola2009:

Yea,but Rome didnt remain the same for over 20 years!! Nollywood,no even try at alll, still using ketchup and ribena as blood, wtf is that
shocked shocked Lie!!! angry angry
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by Shola2009(m): 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2009
^^ lol, ok some of them use grounded pepper, what difference does it make??  cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by africhika(f): 11:32pm On Sep 29, 2009
tpia u are 2 funny.

@ poster, i agree. even off the camera, nollywood stars look SUPER TACKY! genevieve is the only one who is up to par.
the rest, they just, i don't know. the short skirts sqeezing the fat scarred up thighs, the crazy lipstick colors, the froo froo hair, wrinkled blouses, need i go on
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by MissyB1(m): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2009
Shola2009:

^^ lol, ok some of them use grounded pepper, what difference does it make??  cheesy grin grin
Lmao!! You're so mean!!! angry
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by spikedcylinder: 10:46am On Sep 30, 2009
africhika:

tpia u are 2 funny.

@ poster, i agree. even off the camera, nollywood stars look SUPER TACKY! genevieve is the only one who is up to par.
the rest, they just, i don't know. the short skirts sqeezing the fat scarred up thighs, the crazy lipstick colors, the froo froo hair, wrinkled blouses, need i go on

What the. . . . ? cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by mamabear1(f): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2009
u guyz re so funny, but if itz bout d wig n weavons of which i fink is more dan dat, nolly word has enof money 2 important foreign 100 percent human hair or indain hair 4 their stars intead of usin cheap xpression n darlin yaki product!!!!
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by Shola2009(m): 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2009

u guyz re so funny, but if itz bout d wig n weavons of which i fink is more dan dat, nolly word has enof money 2 important foreign 100 percent human hair or indain hair 4 their stars intead of usin cheap xpression n darlin yaki product!!!!

i seriously doubt that! ma frend!
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by mamabear1(f): 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2009
@ shola why do u doubt dat shocked
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2009
I agree with the poster. Nollywood actors & actresses need serious updating.
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by hotchick: 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2009
Abeg newintexas or whatever your name is,remove omotola's name from that silly post.What the hell?

Are you talking bout omotola in movies or omotola outside movies?

Omotola is one of the most refined beings not even just actresses ive seen esp in recent times!

You better go check her pics at events and all, go to facebook or something,

point is , don't come online to foster hateration and ignorance!!!
Re: Nigerian Actors And Actresses Still Lack The Polish Look Of Super Stars! by spikedcylinder: 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2009
hotchick:

You better go check her pics at events and all, go to facebook or something,

Err, sorry ma'am but Omotola looks her absolute worst at events and award type things. Her clothes, hair and make up are usually absolute tosh.

(1) (Reply)

Mama-gee ** Am I The Only One Who Thinks She's Daft** / Darey Spotted Shopping In London: Hmmm His Dressing Style? / Footballer Victor Ikpeba Ready To Remarry 11 Years After Lose Of Her First Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.