Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? (887 Views)

One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by driveiwe(m): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
With the offsprings of new churches and its denominations spreading across the nation and even to Europe, why in the country would secular music still supercede gospel music.

Well come to think of it if a church like living faith for example decides to promote an artist, surely that artist would become an house hold name.
What about redeems and MFM, so on and so forth these artists will so dominate the airwaves positively, that secular music won't have a space to breath.

Someone drew my attention to Christ embassy, that they are swift in promoting their artist, and I drew a research on it and discovered it was very true, reason you got names like Sinach, Frank Edwards,Buchi, Eben,these stars are just huge, with huge bank accounts, Because their church has decided to make them a huge success.

What about house on the rock? Family worship centre? koza?? hmmmm all these are new generational churches who has seen great value and potential in promoting gospel music across the world

Now what if other churches in Nigeria emulates this, won't gospel music take over secular music in Nigeria?
well I just aired my view. peace out.
Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
You already know the answer to the question

I don't know your target but i think your mind is at work

1 Like

Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by Firstlieutenant(m): 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
OP is it circular or secular?

1 Like

Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by ephemm(m): 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
driveiwe:
With the offsprings of new churches and its denominations spreading across the nation and even to Europe, why in the country would circular music still supercede gospel music.

If it is circle, it must rotate.

Grammar no be my language!

1 Like

Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by driveiwe(m): 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
Firstlieutenant:
OP is it circular or secular?
Thanks for that bro
Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by Ekugbeh(m): 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
OP, it's like u hvn't even listened to gospel music very much.
Do u knw any artiste called ADA?
Plz jez go and get all her albums or jez download som of her few tracks.
The likes of Eben, joe Praize, BLW Rap Nation, Sinach, Tsharp, Chris Shalom, Ayodele vincent, Isreal strong, Eli J, Jadhiel, Frank Edwards etc.
Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by Luckymay(f): 6:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
This is like saying Nigeria will take the world power someday. Impossible. As much as we like to listen to gospel music, how much of these gospels are played In clubs, parties (and so on) daily?
Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
ephemm:

If it is circle, it must rotate.

Grammar no be my language!
grin grin grin
Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by driveiwe(m): 6:55pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ekugbeh:
OP, it's like u hvn't even listened to gospel music very much.
Do u knw any artiste called ADA?
Plz jez go and get all her albums or jez download som of her few tracks.
The likes of Eben, joe Praize, BLW Rap Nation, Sinach, Tsharp, Chris Shalom, Ayodele vincent, Isreal strong, Eli J, Jadhiel, Frank Edwards etc.

Read again my post, and for your info I got all those names on my play list, so I get wah u talking about, but how many of these names got good endorsement? ?? uhhhh?

Luckymay:
This is like saying Nigeria will take the world power someday. Impossible. As much as we like to listen to gospel music, how much of these gospels are played In clubs, parties (and so on) daily?

hmmmm strong and sensitive point madam, we pray and hope it gets there someday, but it's all in the hands of the church, cause history will mark it that there's nothing the church has decided to achieve that haven't achieved before.
The church got the ability to make changes but they only decline.
Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by Luckymay(f): 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
driveiwe:

Read again my post, and for your info I got all those names on my play list, so I get wah u talking about, but how many of these names got good endorsement? ?? uhhhh?

hmmmm strong and sensitive point madam, we pray and hope it gets there someday, but it's all in the hands of the church, cause history will mark it that there's nothing the church has decided to achieve that haven't achieved before.
The church got the ability to make changes but they only decline.
The church has little or less to do about the issue cos the church also consists of both the secular musicians and the gospel artists. You as a religious individual will play gospel songs once in a while but the secular ones are on daily basis. Take download sites for example. The daily record for secular music download is way higher than the latter. Me for instance only play gospel songs on Sunday mornings or sometimes when I'm in the mood. But the other one is always topping my playlist.

1 Like

Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by driveiwe(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
Luckymay:

The church has little or less to do about the issue cos the church also consists of both the secular musicians and the gospel artists. You as a religious individual will play gospel songs once in a while but the secular ones are on daily basis. Take download sites for example. The daily record for secular music download is way higher than the latter. Me for instance only play gospel songs on Sunday mornings or sometimes when I'm in the mood. But the other one is always topping my playlist.
Amazing

1 Like

Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by zarakay(f): 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2016
Quite a number of Gospel artistes that started in the church end up doing secular music and apart from that there are still Christians who demand for more upbeat and contemporary music because they feel that there are still secular music that have positive messages and uphold godly values with no mention of God.

1 Like

Re: Will Gospel Music Ever Supercede Secular Music In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
Most of what passes for Gospel Music nowadays is the debasement of traditional drums; pianos and trumpets while singing some old songs over and over again.

With the way Gospel Nigerian music is in Nigeria; it'll be a cold day in hell before it "overtakes" secular music.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Francis Chukwukadibia A.k.a The Dancing Prophet / You Are Specially Invited / Could This Be A Sign That God Is Real? Angel Caught On Camera (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.