Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Hero Dog Sacrifices Himself . . . To Save A Baby From A Fire . . . - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Hero Dog Sacrifices Himself . . . To Save A Baby From A Fire . . . (1014 Views)

See Hero Dog That Sacrificed Itself For Family By Killing Four Cobras / Hero Dog Save Little Girl From Diabetic / I Paid N1000 To Save A Bird's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hero Dog Sacrifices Himself . . . To Save A Baby From A Fire . . . by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
August 20, 2016: A very touching story is coming out of Baltimore, about a HEROIC dog named Polo.
A Baltimore mother named Erika Poremski stepped outside her house to go get something from her car, and left her baby upstairs.

And while she was outside a FIRE STARTED trapping her baby – Viv inside the house alone with just the dog.

The fire spread quickly and Erica wasn’t able to go inside and save Viv. She waited for Firefighters who were finally able to enter the home nearly 20 minutes later.

When they got inside, they expected the worst, but what they found was INCREDIBLE. The family dog, Polo, was covering the child with his body.

“He stayed with her the whole time in the bedroom and wouldn’t even come downstairs to get out the door,” said Poremski.

Paramedics revived the infant. She has burns on the side of her face and her arm. But firefighters believe she would not have survived if it weren’t for Polo.

Unfortunately Polo did not make it. He gave his life for the baby. R.I.P. Polo!!

source: meditakeout

2 Likes

Re: Hero Dog Sacrifices Himself . . . To Save A Baby From A Fire . . . by taylor88(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
Re: Hero Dog Sacrifices Himself . . . To Save A Baby From A Fire . . . by Destined2win: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
When animals take the place of humans
Re: Hero Dog Sacrifices Himself . . . To Save A Baby From A Fire . . . by davidif: 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
Wow!

Lalasticlala this needs to be on the front page.
Re: Hero Dog Sacrifices Himself . . . To Save A Baby From A Fire . . . by dotman4real007(m): 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
now that is a real dog!!!
Re: Hero Dog Sacrifices Himself . . . To Save A Baby From A Fire . . . by Benjom(m): 6:35am On Jan 10, 2017
Good one there. That's a selfless act exhibited by the dog. Now, my friend, Thomas, who is here with me said he would like to see pictures.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Give Away A Lhasa Apso This Season? / Cutest Male Eskimos In The Country / Top 10 Cutest Puppies In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.