Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest (2158 Views)

World Leaders Reactions As USA Opens Jerusalem Embassy / China Opens Longest Glass Bottom Bridge In The World / Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by TyrantInAsoRock: 9:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
's finally happened.

The much-heralded "world's highest and longest"
glass-bottomed bridge has opened to visitors in
central China.

It connects two mountain cliffs in what are
known as the Avatar mountains (the film was shot
here) in Zhangjiajie, Hunan province.

Do you dare cross China's glass bridges?
Chinese couple gets married on glass bridge
China's latest mountain glass walkway
Bridge in numbers

Completed in December, the 430m-long bridge
cost $3.4m (£2.6m) to build and stands 300m
above ground, state news agency Xinhua reported.
It has been paved with 99 panes of three-layered
transparent glass.

And according to officials, the 6m-wide bridge -
designed by Israeli architect Haim Dotan - has
already set world records for its architecture and
construction.

The year of glass bridges
Glass bridges in China have been a popular craze
for the daring photo opportunities they provide.
Events like mass yoga displays and even weddings
have been staged on several such bridges.

One couple celebrated their special day by
dangling in mid-air from a bridge in Pingjiang,
also located in Hunan province.

But how safe is it?
This was the question on everyone's minds as the
city geared up for the bridge's official opening.
But officials have staged high-profile events to try
and reassure the public of the bridge's safety.

Officials sent in sledgehammers and even drove a
car, filled with passengers, across the bridge earlier
this year.

The BBC's Dan Simmons was invited to take a bash
at the bridge.

Park officials have said a maximum of 8,000
visitors will be allowed on the bridge each day.

So those wanting to add another thrill to their
bucket list are strongly encouraged to book their
slots in advance.

Source : BBC
Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by emeijeh(m): 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
When will Nigerian engineers achieve such a feat the whole world will talk about?

2 Likes

Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by whitecloth: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
The picture of the bridge now
Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by Fidelismaria: 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
Pinshure
Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by rishies(m): 11:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
OP

You no try at all
Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by yarimo(m): 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
Chai may God bless my state governor ameen, he is also building that type of 2 kilometers GLASS bridge in my state .
Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by paooxide(m): 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
emeijeh:
When will Nigerian engineers achieve such a feat the whole world will talk about?

Oga the question should be when will your government start providing funds for projects.

Nigerian Engineers are ready to do such, but definitely not with their own money
Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by bamirotola: 12:49am On Aug 21, 2016
Aw u go post dis kind tin without pic?

To slap you dey hungry me

2 Likes

Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by chukxie(m): 5:59am On Aug 21, 2016
Photos of the world's longest and highest glass bridge recently commissioned in Zhangjiajie, China. Kudos to China!

1 Like

Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by omogidi234(m): 6:55am On Aug 21, 2016
Great thing.

1 Like

Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 21, 2016
Omo, see advancement shocked shocked shocked
Which way naija??
Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by tdayof(m): 9:32am On Aug 21, 2016
Nice but I do not think I will want to make use of that bridge. grin grin
Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by chukxie(m): 10:34am On Aug 21, 2016
tdayof:
Nice but I do not think I will want to make use of that bridge. grin grin

I sight you! I'm itching to go and have a feel of it. Hustling never gree me see road grin How far?

1 Like

Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by tdayof(m): 10:35am On Aug 21, 2016
chukxie:

I sight you! I'm itching to go and have a feel of it. Hustling never gree me see road grin How far?
Am doing fine. God bless our hustle.
Re: Glass Bridge: China Opens World's Highest And Longest by chukxie(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2016
tdayof:
Am doing fine. God bless our hustle.

Amen oooo!

(1) (Reply)

America's Blacks Creeped Out By All The People Smiling At Them / Expect Russia Tactical Withdrawal As They Have Achieved Their Aim / The 950-Ton Bridge That Collapsed In Miami Florida & Killed Many (Shocking Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.