Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel (8097 Views)

The News Site By A Young Ugandan Developer / Blog For Blog. Site For Site / Is Their Any Where I Can Create A Free Blog Site (2) (3) (4)

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 21, 2016
Mrsparrow:

i will send you a clean laptop for N18k
pintechyteam@gmail.com

where do you reside?
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 21, 2016
I actually blog for more than 2years without owing a PC and still earn money although having one is lots more easier and better.. More blogging facts about me at http://www.netsocialblog.com/2015/11/5-blogging-secrets-you-can-learn-from-me.html
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by CertifiedSamuel: 9:48am On Aug 21, 2016
pxjosh:
wow..you bogged with your phone, made enough money from blogging with your phone to buy a laptop?

Yes. But of course, I was visiting cafes and even spending nights at the cafe whenever it's necessary for me to design the blog or do some adjustments I couldn't possible do via mobile phone.

During that time, there 'was' a browser known as 'BOLT Browser'. That browser allows you view web pages like you were actually using a computer.
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by 4ifyomedon(m): 10:21am On Aug 21, 2016
Mrsparrow:

i will send you a clean laptop for N18k
pintechyteam@gmail.com

Pls I will like one too at that price. Can we chat at 08023608677
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by 4ifyomedon(m): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2016
Pls how can one buy a genuine Google Adsence
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by chumaster(m): 10:38am On Aug 21, 2016
CertifiedSamuel:

Yes. But of course, I was visiting cafes and even spending nights at the cafe whenever it's necessary for me to design the blog or do some adjustments I couldn't possible do via mobile phone.

During that time, there 'was' a browser known as 'BOLT Browser'. That browser allows you view web pages like you were actually using a computer.
I don't know why they stopped that browser
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by pxjosh(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2016
CertifiedSamuel:

Wow I'm encouraged. I can now even use my uc browser to view pages as desktop, and use school library systems in my school.

By the way u started with subdomain or you just bought a domain name when you started?
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
pxjosh:
Me too. You don't have to do all the posting, people will do for you. But getting a forum of the ground is way harder than a blog.
Hi Pxjosh...
Starting your own forum is not as difficult as you might be thinking. Read on...
Pick An "Initial" Niche
When starting your own forum, you don't have to copy categories from popular forums like NairaLand or NBF. Why? You'll be cloning! Also, moderating all the forums will be hard!
Instead, try to build your forum by initially focusing on a specific niche such as Technology or Health or Education, etc. This way, you will be attracting only those who share your interests.
Generalize Your Domain Name
Another thing to consider is your domain name. For example, if you're going for a Technology niche, it may not sound cool to go for TechForum.Com. What if there is a need to add sections like Politics or Education? Do we say that Politics is now part of Technology? No!
Well, get me some water!
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by dagbokoncept(m): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
HenryDion:
Nice one.. Having your own original and unique article is the key. Bur if you can't, why not hire a freelance writer? Am available. Check my signature to read my blog.
Please how do you receive your earrings ?
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by kingDELE(m): 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
emaminaj:

You can always start from somewhere...I use my samsung A5 to blog successfully even though I do have a laptop...Wordpress has an android app that makes it easier for you to upload posts or any other thing on your blog...The app also shows you every stat you need to know bout your blog....I've not really had to go back to my laptop because the app works extreme well for me....All am saying is you can always start somewhere...Cheers
yes. All my post on my blog, I am using my phone for dem. The sideline is that d design of my blog. I want to include some pages like; about me, contact, private policy and d rest. I doubt if I can run that with my phone.

This is where I am affected by lack of PC grin grin
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by pxjosh(m): 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
Laive:

Hi Pxjosh...
Starting your own forum is not as difficult as you might be thinking. Read on...
Pick An "Initial" Niche
When starting your own forum, you don't have to copy categories from popular forums like NairaLand or NBF. Why? You'll be cloning! Also, moderating all the forums will be hard!
Instead, try to build your forum by initially focusing on a specific niche such as Technology or Health or Education, etc. This way, you will be attracting only those who share your interests.
Generalize Your Domain Name
Another thing to consider is your domain name. For example, if you're going for a Technology niche, it may not sound cool to go for TechForum.Com. What if there is a need to add sections like Politics or Education? Do we say that Politics is now part of Technology? No!
Well, get me some water!
Thank you very much.
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
dagbokoncept:
Please how do you receive your earrings ?
Is it as a freelance writer?
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
pxjosh:
Thank you very much.
You're welcome. Incase you're ready, I will recommend FluxBB. It is a light but powerful forum software. It has a handful of themes and modules to get you quickly started. You only need to do minor customizations.
If not for a project we are currently handling together with my wonderful colleagues, I would have volunteered to work with you. My advice to you would be "don't try to do it on your own"! Form a team!
Goodluck...
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by yattybanana(m): 3:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
Mrsparrow:
i will send you a clean laptop for N18k pintechyteam@gmail.com
tell me something, where u @, d model etc
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by CertifiedSamuel: 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
pxjosh:
Wow I'm encouraged. I can now even use my uc browser to view pages as desktop, and use school library systems in my school.

By the way u started with subdomain or you just bought a domain name when you started?

In 2011, I started with a subdomain under blogger.com. Sometime in September that same year, I switched to a custom domain.
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by CertifiedSamuel: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
chumaster:
I don't know why they stopped that browser

My brother, when they did, he vex me Ehn. Till date, I still haven't seen any browser that beats that BLOT Browser. My opinion though.
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Babycherry(f): 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
henrydadon:
I wonder why Nigerian are not into vlogging..it actually pays well more than goggle..YouTube money is gold..

Ok naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

explain, create a thread abt it and mention me

Am waiting ooooooh, or better still reply me here....
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Kingslaw(m): 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
henrydadon:
I wonder why Nigerian are not into vlogging..it actually pays well more than goggle..YouTube money is gold..
bro pls, which one is vloggin?
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
yattybanana:
tell me something, where u @, d model etc
its a second hand mini laptop
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
Kingslaw:
bro pls, which one is vloggin?
I think on the keyboard, letters "V" and "B" are quite close. So he possibly meant "Blogging".
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by yattybanana(m): 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2016
Mrsparrow:
its a second hand mini laptop
ur loc bro, am in osun
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
yattybanana:
ur loc bro, am in osun
Abia
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by KvnqPrezo(m): 1:33am On Aug 22, 2016
Mrsparrow:
Abia
my state??

Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by Kingslaw(m): 11:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Laive:

I think on the keyboard, letters "V" and "B" are quite close. So he possibly meant "Blogging".
k .
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by pxjosh(m): 10:47am On Aug 23, 2016
Laive:

You're welcome. Incase you're ready, I will recommend FluxBB. It is a light but powerful forum software. It has a handful of themes and modules to get you quickly started. You only need to do minor customizations.
If not for a project we are currently handling together with my wonderful colleagues, I would have volunteered to work with you. My advice to you would be "don't try to do it on your own"! Form a team!
Goodluck...
wow. FluxBB? And I've already started working with SMF (though not for what I really have in mind, am using it as a 'simulation', prior to starting the forum I have in mind properly). I've not done much with SMF though, just the installation.

Based on what I have in mind, I need a framework like that of Nairaland (but not necessarily a copy) - something that is flexible, light-weight and can be easily navigated.

So you'd advice I port over to fluxBB rather than SMF?
Re: 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel by bobbyANSELEM: 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
5 THINGS I WISH I KNEW BEFORE GOING INTO BLOGGING.

At first when I started blogging I was inexperienced. I knew absolutely nothing about SEO and that was my major regret.

So, i decided to write this piece of article to bring to your awareness on major SEO Tips you need to know before starting up your blog.

Follow this link to read the major SEO Tips you should know before starting up a blog

Cheap Windows Admin Rdp in Nigeria / Mastercode For All Java Phones / Introducing Ubuy Services: Nigeria's Largest Local Service Marketplace

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50