Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) (62320 Views)

The Fish Caught In Oguta Lake I Bought N10,000 (Photos) / Kogi Confluence Rice Hits The Market (Photos) / Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by tonio2wo: 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
Am not impressed! Why not 8k after all no import duty was paid!
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Spells(m): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
The foreign rice is 14,500. Where I reside.. 500naira difference ain't impressive at all... Nigerians let's help Nigeria
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by prof12(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:
someone will come here and say the change is happening right now.
its been 2 weeks since we saw light in my street and i cant even afford to pay #150 for a litre of petrol to fuel my gen.

under GEJ, even foreign rice is just 8k talkless of local one

When musad rice will hit the market it's going to cost, #13,000:00k and another brand can flow in at a lesser price and gradually the price will crash further. Let's hope for the better.

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by tuniski: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
phygo89:
Parents should advice dia wards to go for courses like Agricultural engineering, food science and technology and other Agricultural related courses becos after oil comes Agric as our greatest resources.

Am proud to be a food Scientist.
We have more than enuff people trained in agriculture and more are still being trained.
Agriculture is not only for those trained in agric related discipline.
Agriculture must be seen as business for all!

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by tonio2wo: 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
unite4real:
I think the problem is when they inscribe the word LOCAL on the bag. Why don't they just write the names of our locally milled rice without emphasizing "local or stone free".

I have never seen an imported rice where the word FOREIGN is written on it. So why the word LOCAL?
Its because of inferiority complex issues. We still have a very long way to go unless we start believing in ourselves.
An aba made shoe can be as good as italian made.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by buckyfof(m): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:
its been 2 weeks since we saw light in my street and i cant even afford to pay #150 for a litre of petrol to fuel my gen.

maybe u re living in one those areas that are owing PHCN more than 5billion naira.....as for my area there av been constant light for more than one week now.....that as of ryt now I dnt even rush to charge or iron my shirt, I do anything @ my convenience now

4 Likes

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by mycrownismighty: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
President Buhari is truly working. Our local farmers can now get reward for their labour. say no to foreign rice.

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by tonynickson(m): 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2016
unite4real:
I think the problem is when they inscribe the word LOCAL on the bag. Why don't they just write the names of our locally milled rice without emphasizing "local or stone free".

I have never seen an imported rice where the word FOREIGN is written on it. So why the word LOCAL?
strange as it may sound to you. Some people dont eat foreign rice. That's why

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by chelseajoy: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:

Common sense no tell u say , when it is mass produced, that is when d price will drop. and ur so call GEJ no produce made in Nigeria rice oo!! always want magic, forgetting d fact that things happen with process. Dullard!

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Iceberg3: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
maclatunji:
The change in agriculture is happening through a dedicated and focused attack on rice imports. It is a welcome development.
keep deceiving uaself,ha mani ppl can afford 14k 4 local rice?
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by xreal: 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:
premier league or champions league

Olympics
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by AFIXO(m): 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:

But Mr let's try and forget Jonathan and buhari, centiment will only destroy what should be amended remember how much the a bag of rice was sold and a litre of petrol before Jonathan took over.so is better will find solution rather playing politics with our future

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by gabazin080(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
chelseajoy:
Common sense no tell u say , when it is mass produced, that is when d price will drop. and ur so call GEJ no produce made in Nigeria rice oo!! always want magic, forgetting d fact that things happen with process. Dullard!
na mumu dey worry u. no one would have complained if things had not improve but still remain the way gej left it. then we can still hope for change. can we still expect change even when things is worse than under gej.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by morayolawal: 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
Pls tell govnor of Niger state to flood d mkt Wt pakuti rice very sweet .
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Ghost01(m): 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
You tag it local rice, yet you named it "St. Daniels". Naijarians sha!
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by AFIXO(m): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
all I know is that ,there is certainly light after the tunnel and I pray we all witness and enjoy a better Nigeria very soon.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by boyo123(m): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
Kessykelly:

Is this the reason why rice in importation was banned. To buy our home grown rice at still exorbitant prices. I don't accept bthe price will further because we can never be rice sufficient because rice is infinitely price elastic. The lasting solution is for government to set a maximum price and subsidise production, buy back excess and create buffers for off seasons. Gradually, rice will be plenty and producers will be guaranteed of a contant demand.
. you are good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Saao(m): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
eleburu:

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/08/see-this-neatly-local-rice-got-for.html?m=1
op please where can I get it in Lagos as I wanted to buy rice since last week.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by moseslarry(m): 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
I'm proud to be a food scientist too.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by gabazin080(m): 3:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
buckyfof:

maybe u re living in one those areas that are owing PHCN more than 5billion naira.....as for my area there av been constant light for more than one week now.....that as of ryt now I dnt even rush to charge or iron my shirt, I do anything @ my convenience now
just one week of steady power in 15 months of APC rule and u can still defend this government

1 Like

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by justmenoni: 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
while the govt is also diversifying the economy,i believe they need to educate alot if not all Nigerians on the need of believing in local produce cos I'm sure lots of Nigerians would by the made in Thailand rice for 50k per 50kg bag while ignoring the Nigerian made rice which cost 5k per 50kg, what some of our brothers from the land of the rising sun simply needs to do is buy the Thailand bags or printed Thailand empty bags for 200 naira grin grin grin grin grin and pour in the Nigerian made rice for 5k and the resell the Nigerian made Thailand rice for 50k.

3 Likes

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by YINKS89(m): 3:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
ILEYA DON KOM DIS MAN GO SELL.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:

I've been having light in my area for 16hr everyday since one week!

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Ajusshi: 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
DTOBS:
Benue state alone if explored properly and to the optimum can single-handedly supply enough rice to the whole country and still left to be exported but our leaders are short sighted in all areas!
Just few months of NYSC stay in the state has opened my eyes to a lot of opportunities that lies beneath the state.
Pls in Gods name, i beg you to finish your service and come back home quickly before Fulani herdsmen butchers you.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by christaddicted: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
phygo89:
Parents should advice dia wards to go for courses like Agricultural engineering, food science and technology and other Agricultural related courses becos after oil comes Agric as our greatest resources.

Am proud to be a food Scientist.

Wօա! Gօօɖ
Sօ aʍ ɨ
Fօօɖ sċɨɛռtɨst.

1 Like

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Stevosty: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
unite4real:

as long as it is stone free local rice remains the best, not all these foreign rice we don't even know their nutritional value.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2016
There is nothing to celebrate about this! Local rice at N14k? It is still not affordable if one considers the present harsh economic situation of most Nigerians.

Is minimum wage not N18,000 again? Or have they reduced pump price of PMS from N145.00 ? Is exchange rate now N150.00 to a Dollar?

This government is one big joke! Nothing,I mean absolutely nothing,is working now in Nigeria.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by TeamSimple(m): 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:

Can I ask you a question
Do you even know why we have increase in the price of commodities?

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by anigbajumo(m): 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
Kessykelly:

Is this the reason why rice in importation was banned. To buy our home grown rice at still exorbitant prices. I don't accept bthe price will further because we can never be rice sufficient because rice is infinitely price elastic. The lasting solution is for government to set a maximum price and subsidise production, buy back excess and create buffers for off seasons. Gradually, rice will be plenty and producers will be guaranteed of a contant demand.

Good,Government can only subsidise it in the long run not this time of economic recession coz of unavailability of funds.FG has already provided the atmosphere for people to consume it nd investors to invest in large quantity by reducing the importation of rice.

Am very sure the price will go down when there is excess supply over demand which can only happen as a result of huge investment by FG nd commercial farmers.

Kudos to PMB.

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by andrewdele: 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ah! Naija rice 4 14k dat's too much nw. Anyway let's be hopeful 4 reduction in price. Nigerians dey form 4 local rice b4 , but now una go patronize d rice wella. See as dey rite am 4 rice body self " LOCAL RICE.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
jaymejate:
Yes, farmers should be encouraged and supported by government to produce more. Enough of oyinbo rice.

Btw, I've been eating beans since last month
Funny u cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by gabazin080(m): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
TeamSimple:

Can I ask you a question
Do you even know why we have increase in the price of commodities?
no. so tell me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please See 700 Naira Fish (pic) / See Foods Stuffs I Bought Today,@4500 ( Onitsha) / A Nairalander's Trap Caught A Monitor Lizard. See What He Did With It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.