Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) (62337 Views)

The Fish Caught In Oguta Lake I Bought N10,000 (Photos) / Kogi Confluence Rice Hits The Market (Photos) / Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by rosalieene(f): 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
anigbajumo:

[s]Good,Government can only subsidise it in the long run not this time of economic recession coz of unavailability of funds.FG has already provided the atmosphere for people to consume it nd investors to invest in large quantity by reducing the importation of rice.

Am very sure the price will go down when there is excess supply over demand which can only happen as a result of huge investment by FG nd commercial farmers.

Kudos to PMB.[/s]

I will break ya head
kudos to PMB my ass.
for how long would we continue to suffer before the price of rice will come down to normal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by tayour917i(m): 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:
someone will come here and say the change is happening right now.
its been 2 weeks since we saw light in my street and i cant even afford to pay #150 for a litre of petrol to fuel my gen.

under GEJ, even foreign rice is just 8k talkless of local one

Sorry bros what's your occupation
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by arimahoseloka(m): 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
The rice is too damn expensive. Even anambra rice I hear it's 19k Nigeria is just a shithole
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by sagir1994(m): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
hemucology:
Thank God

We are moving now
nothing is moving my friend... we move when you and I decide to put our inherited lands in the village to agricultural use. the moment you plant yam, I plant rice, your friend plant cassava and then my friend also plant beans, then at that moment we can say we are moving forward..
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by freshcvvs: 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
kingsol1759:

well if the government puts more efforts in going deep to identify the real people processing these local rice ,it will go a very long way.Take for instance in Ekiti, there are local rice processor all over the state yet the government use foreign rice in it's stomach infrastructure program.

You can start by stating the name of the company
the name of the rice
the location
how and where to get to buy them.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
at a point in nigeria rice price range was 7500 -12000 for imported rice,today local rice is 14k imported rice is almost 20k.... may God have mercy on nigerians
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by canDy4eva(f): 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
"Rich" or "rice"
visijo:
so rice de expire Abeg make them put am for market.. Rice na rice.. They all save the same purpose.. I wish say rich will return back to 30 naira a cup... Back then..
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by holaralph(m): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
entparrot:

What a lie! Rice was never subsidize, local rice was around 8k in 2015 while foreign rice 6500 naira.

No rice is sold for 14k in any Lagos market now, be it local or foreign, a rice that will never be available in the market can never compete.

The truth, is more advisable health wise to eat more local rice than foreign rice.

I hope this is not another APC propaganda, to deceive the public from the truth.
google is our friend so dont say what you dont know about may be there as been subsidy on importation of rice before this GEJ AND PMB ADMINISTRATION............... CHECK ALL THESE OUT AND PLEASE READ OOOO ( http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/197242-how-jonathan-govt-issued-multi-billion-naira-rice-import-quotas-last-day-in-office.html ) (http://guardian.ng/business-services/business/import-quota-debate-crisis-looms-in-nigeria-s-rice-value-chain/) ALL THESE HAPPENED DURING GEJ ADMINISTRATION, (http://newnigeriaagenda.org.ng/nigerias-n117billion-rice-import-quota-scam/ )
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by whitestar01(m): 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
nwakibie3:

Will that same people in govt lead by example by eating the local rice with us?
so if not no go eat am?huh
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by keynesstreet2: 8:19pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:
its been 2 weeks since we saw light in my street and i cant even afford to pay #150 for a litre of petrol to fuel my gen.

You need prayers only God can solve your problems not man.......
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Jobos(m): 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:

Hatred is socked in your blood, this is the first time loca rice l will be produced with branded bag. And yet you see nothing good in Buhari reason to stop importation of rice.
Continue buy foreign rice event if it is 50k , its your problem.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Oyindaberry(f): 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
jaymejate:
Yes, farmers should be encouraged and supported by government to produce more. Enough of oyinbo rice.

Btw, I've been eating beans since last month

Since last month? Kai, your farts no go be for here o. Hehe
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by TeamSimple(m): 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:
no. so tell me
I advice you to listen, and read objectively more than talking or writing. Goodnight
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by joyspringacad(m): 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by rlauncher(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
maclatunji:
The change in agriculture is happening through a dedicated and focused attack on rice imports. It is a welcome development.

Bubu is working.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Origin(f): 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
I beg where where. People will start selling N20k now and be blaming buhari.

Please nobody should polish our rice o so it will be cheaper and more nutritious. The world is look for organic non polished food now. TRENDING.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by chrisblack: 10:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:

guy you are a liar. Local even under Jonathan was far more expensive.a Congo goes for over #400 naira then. Some bags of local rice cost around 20k while some 18k and others 23k.and guy in my area we are now begging NEPA to take the light..pls get your FACts right.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by chrisblack: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
holaralph:
google is our friend so dont say what you dont know about may be there as been subsidy on importation of rice before this GEJ AND PMB ADMINISTRATION............... CHECK ALL THESE OUT AND PLEASE READ OOOO ( http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/197242-how-jonathan-govt-issued-multi-billion-naira-rice-import-quotas-last-day-in-office.html ) (http://guardian.ng/business-services/business/import-quota-debate-crisis-looms-in-nigeria-s-rice-value-chain/) ALL THESE HAPPENED DURING GEJ ADMINISTRATION, (http://newnigeriaagenda.org.ng/nigerias-n117billion-rice-import-quota-scam/ )
they will still come and try twisting obvious truth. Children of hate
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by mikolo80: 11:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
jaymejate:
Yes, farmers should be encouraged and supported by government to produce more. Enough of oyinbo rice.

Btw, I've been eating beans since last month
why can't you encourage and support them
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by mikolo80: 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
gabazin080:

is it not change. You think you baggars will enter farm without incentive. The only thing that incentivizes Nigerians is money and football but even the football is waning now
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by mikolo80: 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
SubtleFRED:
Nice one. Atleast to help alleviate our sufferings a little but they should try bringing the price dowm a little.

BTW,i don't support any rice festival shit as it would create an avenue for the leaders to chop more
enter farm then bring your own price down
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by TerrorSquad147: 7:44am On Aug 22, 2016
Why is it that anything produced locally in this country is always expensive? From shoes, to bags, to even clothes. Even if others start producing theirs, the so-called stone free rice you'll see no more because they'll definitely reduce their standard, & I doubt the possibility of the price reducing the way you think it would. Ask those that takes goko cleanser and other Nigerian products...even those that sews clothes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2016
Koleman:
oga pack from your area. in mkd its the direct opposite we see light at least 16hrs daily sometimes even 20hrs. precisely high level mkd. you can open a thread and take a census then you will realize your area is an isolated case.

I guess mkd is Makurdi(Benue). If so,then I'm not surprised. Electricity should be stable anywhere in the North now. What we have now is government of the Northerners,by the Northerners and for the Northerners!

Trust me,down south here,electricity is not stable.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Koleman(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

I guess mkd is Makurdi(Benue). If so,then I'm not surprised. Electricity should be stable anywhere in the North now. What we have now is government of the Northerners,by the Northerners and for the Northerners!

like I said take a census. I can bet in that state you reside there are places with different stories. just ask questions.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Koleman(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

Now I can confirm u are really either myopic or simply a kid. Nobody is favoured. like I said take a census. I can bet in that state you reside there are places with different stories. just ask questions. Where do u reside so I open a thread for you.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
Koleman:
Now I can confirm u are really either myopic or simply a kid. Nobody is favoured. like I said take a census. I can bet in that state you reside there are places with different stories. just ask questions. Where do u reside so I open a thread for you.

Yes,a kid that operates at higher realm where even your forebears do not have intellectual capability to cope. Open a thread for me? You're arrogantly stupid. Mr 'Metuselah',if at your age you can't engage in a decent discourse without spewing diatribe, then your situation is pathetic.

I still put it to you that in this present government,Northerners are favoured!

I'm from Osun state if you must know 'aboki'.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by TaiKuun(m): 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
phygo89:

Am a farmer. It has helped me. Soon u mayb buying my products, even rice
keep whining yourself... show me ur thread, website, fb fan page or your online business directory page
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Koleman(m): 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

Yes,a kid that operates at higher realm where even your forebears do not have intellectual capability to cope. Open a thread for me? You're arrogantly stupid. Mr 'Metuselah',if at your age you can't engage in a decent discourse without spewing diatribe, then your situation is pathetic.

I still put it to you that in this present government,Northerners are favoured!

I'm from Osun state if you must know 'aboki'.
now do the needful. Its simple no need raising tempers!
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2016
Koleman:
now do the needful. Its simple no need raising tempers!

Needful? Did you just say that ageless fool? Do you really want me to tell you what the needful is? Needful is finding solution to the daily slaughtering of your kinsmen by the murderous fulani herdsmen in Benue state. This should be your major concern rather than the useless electricity 'census' that pre occupies your feeble mind.

Now crawl back into that primitive cave where you came out from as your mates are waiting.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by phygo89(m): 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
TaiKuun:

keep whining yourself... show me ur thread, website, fb fan page or your online business directory page
I don't need to prove anything to u kid.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by entparrot(f): 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
holaralph:

Oga make you read well, Quota is not the same with subsidy. Quota is to control the quantity of imported rice. Children of nowadays.
Re: Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) by Koleman(m): 10:02am On Aug 23, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

Needful? Did you just say that ageless fool? Do you really want me to tell you what the needful is? Needful is finding solution to the daily slaughtering of your kinsmen by the murderous fulani herdsmen in Benue state. This should be your major concern rather than the useless electricity 'census' that pre occupies your feeble mind.

Now crawl back into that primitive cave where you came out from as your mates are waiting.

hahaha indeed a kid. sorry kid I thought you were an adult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please See 700 Naira Fish (pic) / Ladies Shocked To Discovered Ponmon Inside Their Shawarma / A Nairalander's Trap Caught A Monitor Lizard. See What He Did With It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.