Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,972 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. (2407 Views)

Kogi Confluence Rice Hits The Market (Photos) / Moi-Moi And Garri For N20,000: Would You Buy? / The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by donbenedict(m): 9:47am On Aug 21, 2016
As a bachelor living alone, I happened to spot a yam seller who carried biiiiiiiig yams in a wheelbarrow and I stopped by to get one, after bargaining with him for 500 naira for one, I was very happy within myself at my pricing skills cuz the yam was just Dat big.

So he quickly agreed to settle for 500 naira and I gave him.

When I came bak, I decided to slice just small to boil and eat with palm oil. And kept d rest for maul for a later date.

This morning, I wanted to cook yam porridge so it will last me through the week, and just as I started cutting the yams, I found this inside.

First picture

You can see some yellow spots inside the sliced yams already. I was like OK, maybe the other big chunk i"ve not sliced might be free from the yellow spots. So I decided to cut further.

Second pic

, I discovered that the yellow spots have eaten deep into the yam.. I started getting pissed.

Third pic

I decided to cut further, and I was very annoyed. It turned out that the big yam I happend to buy was just a waste.

Damn it. I'm throwing them all away.

Lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by SweetieConstie(f): 9:50am On Aug 21, 2016
shocked.......
Re: Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by tosine25: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2016
shocked
Re: Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by Koleman(m): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2016
better close eye chop that yam. the yellow spots dey kill person? for this buhari era u wan troway 5H

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by hodusglobal(m): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2016
Guy you dey funny , shey na Sai BABA plant the yam. lol
Koleman:
better close eye chop that yam. the yellow spots dey kill person? for this buhari era u wan troway 5H
Re: Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by donbenedict(m): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2016
hodusglobal:
Guy you dey funny , shey na Sai BABA plant the yam. lol
lwkmd. No mind am.. him go first chop am befor I chop. Iranu ikpiti grin

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by okirewaju(f): 11:56am On Aug 21, 2016
Oppsssss

sorry
Re: Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by flyingdutchman(m): 1:17am On Aug 22, 2016
HUNGRY NEVER BLOW YOU!

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by admindim: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
sorry
Re: Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by K9blunt(f): 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
I pity you walai, what makes you think the color means the yam is bad?

Abeg just send the yam to me through express.....

You dey form both, smh angry
Re: Beware Of The Type Of Yams You Buy From The Market. by CryptoJnath(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
Can you imagine!!!! Your experience is far back 2016.... Mine just happen to me now , I bought to big tubers of yam yesterday for #1,800. Today, I came back late from work and I said let me do yam and plantain pottage.... My brother the first four slice of the first yam.... Na so yellow dey look at me like this�...... I need to start praying now that the second yam is not like that so I can at least still get Joy and not throw all away.... Join me in prayer oh����. My #1,800 oooo yeyeye

(1) (Reply)

Super Pack Indomie Noodles Now Sells For 70naira / Cakes For All Occasions / Egg Rolls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.