Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

The Real Truth About Tithes Biblical Facts. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Truth About Tithes Biblical Facts. (468 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" / God Is Dead. The Real Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real Truth About Tithes Biblical Facts. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
THERE SEEMS TO BE CONFLICT B/W CHURCHES CONCERNING TITHES. IF THIS ONE AGREE THAT TITHE PAYING IS WRONG HE CALLS THE OTHER CHURCHES OPPOSED TO HIS IDEOLOGY FALSE TEACHERS AND VICE VERSA. TITHES ALSO MEANS 1รท10. OR TENTH PART.
NOW LETS GO TO BIBLICAL PROOFS.

(1) ABRAHAM STARTED THE ISSUE OF TITHE. GEN.14:18-20. and melchizedek king of salem brought bread and wine forhe was the priest of the most high GOD and he blessed abraham .....and he(abraham) gave him tithes of all.

(2) JACOB CONTINUED IT.
GEN 28:20-22. and jacob voed a vow saying if GOD shall be with me....... and all of that thou shall give me i will surely give the tenth unto thee.

(3) MOSES INSTITUTIONALISED IT AS A LAW.
this seems to be the controversy since we claim jesusvdestroyed the law but you should knw that abraham existed b4 the law and so did jacob so tithe was never originated by the law. now lets go to moses part. DEUT. 14:22. thou shall truly tithe all the increase. LEV.27:30. all the tithe of the land....... is the lords. it is holy.

ALL THE BIBLE VERSES I LISTED ABOVE WERE ALL OLD TESTAMENTS SO IS MALACHI WHERE THE DREADED CURSE ABOUT TITHES IS FOUND. DOES THIS MEANS NO TITHE PAYMENT FOR NEW TESTAMENTS BELIVERS AS SOME PEOPLE CLAIM. LETS SEE BELOW

(4) JESUS THE END OF THE LAW ALSO TALKS ABOUT TITHES.
THIS VERSE LOOK QUITE COMPLEX SO I WONT ABBREVIATE IT. MATT.23:23. woe unto u scribes and pharisees, hypocrites. for ye pay tithes of mint, anise and cummin and have ommited the weightier matter of the law: jugement, mercy and faith. these ought ye to have done and not to leave the other undone. NOW CUMMING, ANISE AND MINT STANDS FOR DIFF. MONEY( JUST LYK 100, 500 etc.). jesus cursed the pharisee about loving to pay tithes and ignoring faith, mercy etc. JESUS MADE REFERENCE TO THE LAW ABOUT TTITHES BUT SEE WHAT HE SAID "THESE OUGHT YE TO HAVE DONE(PAYING OF TITHES) AND NOT TO LEAVE THE OTHER UNDONE(MERCY, FAITH etc). SO FROM THAT VERSE JESUS NEVER CONDEMNED TITHE AND THAT IS THE ONLY PLACE JESUS TALKED ABOUT TITHES. IT IS OUTRIGHT DISOBEDIENCE TO NOT PAY TITHE WHEN JESUS THE DESTROYER OF THE LAW CLEARLY SAID "THESE OUGHT YE TO HAVE DONE".

(5) PAUL MESSAGE ABOUT TITHES
1.COR.16:2. upon the first day of the week let everyone of you lay up in store as GOD hat prospered him. AGAIN WE SEE THAT PAUL WAS REFFERING TO NON ISREALITES ABOUT TITHES.

I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE U ABOIT PAYING OF TITHES NEITHER AM I TELLING U THAT U WILL GO TO HELL because OF IT BUT DO NOT CONDEMN CHURCHES THAT PAY TITHES BECAUSE IT IS 100% BIBLICAL. IF ANYONE IS NOT FOLLOWING THE WILL OF GOD CONCERNING TITHES IT IS THOSE THAT HAVE DECIDED TO EAT UP THEIR TITHES. BE CAREFULL EVERONE READ YOUR BIBLE ALWAYS AND TRY TO ROUND IT UP AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR, IN THAT WAY U WILL NOT BE IGNORANT.

(
Re: The Real Truth About Tithes Biblical Facts. by Hawx(m): 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
You have done well sir!
Re: The Real Truth About Tithes Biblical Facts. by Lordgel: 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
Nice one op

(1) (Reply)

Who Is God? / What's Nigeria's Major Problem Will Shock You / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.