Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) (6291 Views)

Hilarious Photos Of Cakes That Probably Taste Better Than They Look / 10 Gorgeous Times Eba Looked Finer Than You (photos) / Cakes That Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 11:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
For most cake makers these days, baking a cake for a traditional
wedding or engagement is a time to show off your creativity. Nigerian bakers are not smiling as they dish out one imagination-fulfilling cake after another. Some of these cakes shaped in the form of folded clothes, shoes, beads, fez caps etc. are so realistic that you are almost tempted to touch them, unfold them and wear them. So I went trawling on Instagram to get you some of the best cakes that would not only have you drooling with longing but leave your mouth agape with wonder – how do they do it?!
Check out some of these crazy
beautiful cakes from the Empress
Galleria, Dripples Cakes and Helado
Delicia. These are just a smattering of
samples from just a few of Nigeria’s
innovative bakers. There are more out
there. So when it is time for your
traditional wedding, don’t just settle for
your run-off-the-mill couple on a cake,
hand bag cakes – aim high! Think of a masterpiece that would not only make your guests green with envy but would have your kids wishing they were at your wedding when they see the wedding pictures. Check out these not-just-cakes these wonderful works of art below for inspiration.
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by jaymejate: 11:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
Waiting...
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 11:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
1. Is this a treasure chest or cake? Art by Dripples Cakes This cake is so stunning that it trended on Instagram for days and gained its maker many new followers on the social media site.

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
2. A groom’s cake to beat all groom’s cakes Art by the Empress Galleria Inspired by the traditional male outfit in the Niger Delta and parts of Eastern Nigeria, this cake is so realistic that you can almost imagine it on former President Goodluck Jonathan. Check out the gold-tipped staff.

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
3. A touch of Benin and Ghana Kente cloth cake by the Empress Galleria This Kente cloth decorated with a Benin staff is everything. Check out the details on the lace “George” and the sheen on the bead – so shiny you almost want to wear it.

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
4. A crown fit for a princess Masterpiece by the Empress Galleria That white crown is everything, complemented beautifully by the cloth on the box. And the box! This cake does not deserve to be eaten.

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by mazimee(m): 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
People are being more creative these days.
You can't be lazy with your imagination(creativity ) and still want to excel in this business.
Before you realised what hit you, you are already at the bottom .
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by preshnaija(m): 11:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
Sugar
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 11:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
5. If I were a bride… Isi agu cloth and box cake by the Empress Galleria If this were my bridal cake, I would willingly pack it up and go to my husband’s house. The isi agau detail on the cloth in the box is everything!

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 11:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
6. Bride price come alive Here is the box of clothes, the jewelry box filled with pretty beads – did you ask for a wristwatch? There you go. The sparkly silver wrapper under the jewelry box – no words!

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by njideoby(f): 11:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
I love the groom's cake. It's so real.
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
7. A cake fit for a prince Fez hat topped isia agu cake by the Empress Galleria This groom’s cake should make you feel like a king even if you are not one.

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 12:01am On Aug 22, 2016
8. Wrappers for the princess Wrapper cake by Dripples Cakes Another cake you could almost wear – that is the fondant does not break in your hands. The detail on the crown is “befitting”.
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by bentlywills(m): 12:02am On Aug 22, 2016
Wow! Can't even choose the best outta dz cakes'

I like this
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 12:05am On Aug 22, 2016
8. Wrappers for the princess Wrapper cake by Dripples Cakes Another cake you could almost wear – that is the fondant does not break in your hands. The detail on the crown is “befitting”.

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 12:09am On Aug 22, 2016
9. Gravity-defying palm wine cake Palm wine cake This cake seems a bit everywhere in inspiration and logic but does not make it any less beautiful.

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by charijee(f): 12:09am On Aug 22, 2016
This is the bomb! grin

Love the beads....the red is so glittering

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by medexico(m): 12:10am On Aug 22, 2016
DO NOT GIVE THIS KINDA CAKE TO THE GROOM

Or else the wife will open a thread on nairaland "my husband cannot last more than 2 minutes, what do I do?"
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 12:12am On Aug 22, 2016
9. The crown A beautiful cake by Dripples Cake The crown makes the cake.

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 12:16am On Aug 22, 2016
10. Red is for love Wrapper cake by Dripples Cakes This cake is like beautifully wrapped gift that you should give yourself on your wedding day.

1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 12:18am On Aug 22, 2016
11. Beads on a pillow Beaded pillow cake by Helado Delicia This cake is saying to you: “You deserve good things in life.” Believe it!

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 12:21am On Aug 22, 2016
12. Let’s pray for this wonderful cake Couple’s cake by Helado Delicia This cake is huge step up form the now ubiquitous couple-on-the-cake cake. And we are loving it.

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by cmaque(m): 12:24am On Aug 22, 2016
13. Wow! Bride cake by AnneMary’s Bake Hut

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2016
charijee:
This is the bomb! grin

Love the beads....the red is so glittering

all I see is Icing Sugar sad
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by charijee(f): 9:53am On Aug 22, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

all I see is Icing Sugar sad
You always see things differently grin...
Don't you like it?
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2016
charijee:
You always see things differently grin...
Don't you like it?

the question is, How many cake is actually there ?..lol...You know how i love cakes wink wink
Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by charijee(f): 10:13am On Aug 22, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

the question is, How many cake is actually there ?..lol...You know how i love cakes wink wink
Lolgrin ...that's the beauty of it all

I do grin...chocolate, your favourite wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Cakes That Will Stun You (photos) by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
charijee:
Lolgrin ...that's the beauty of it all

I do grin...chocolate, your favourite wink

You know it grin

(1) (Reply)

Unripe Plantain And Cow Leg Porridge In Groundnut Oil / What Do You Not Eat? / How Do U Love Your Beans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.