Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results (34368 Views)

Get Trendiest Look During Your Workout Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 23, 2016
In times like this, I realize how lucky I am.

never worked out in my life and I'm more ripped.
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by DrinkWater10: 2:20am On Aug 23, 2016
Kgdavid:
SnakeXenzia

you are doing alright but truth be told 5 weeks is a lot of time to achieve the results you have gained. I understadn you are an ectomorph and as such it's going to take you a lot of effort to bulk up but here's what i think you should be doing better:

Focus a bit more on your triceps and shoulders. you look like you have been lifting weights or doing pull ups, and it shows in your biceps but the biceps are a really small muscle naturally so you will have limited gains. Instead, i think you should focus on doing a lot more push ups to target your chest and triceps which are much bigger muscles naturally. This will give you the look of being buff
hi I think I m a mesomorph with a more developed lower body compared to my upper body, so I stopped doing squats and focused o pushups. Now I can comfortably do a hundred pushups at a go, but things seemed to have gotten stale.
Gaining weight seems a bad idea because of the tendency to accumulate fat more in the lower body.
I ve not tried weightlifting yet.
Any advice for me?
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Danhumprey: 5:41am On Aug 23, 2016
Yieldings:
Oh, I didn't know. I rarely post in Romance now, maybe that's why I haven't seen you around.

Lol. Funny thing is I myself am rarely posting in Romance section. I am mainly active in Sport section these days.
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by BlackOnassis(m): 6:18am On Aug 23, 2016
negro, are you tryna kill yourself? you skinny as fvck bro grin the only workout you shld be doing is unloading spoonfuls of jollof rice in your mouth. In fact, I need to speak your mother right now!
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 23, 2016
CindyeMerAld:
ur a fine looking young man buh d background whr u took dis pics is a big no for me..

na background dem tell u to come look?

or you don't like people who are real without pretense.

smh
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by orobs93(m): 7:24am On Aug 23, 2016
SnakeXenzia:
Okay, straight to the point
I started working out five weeks ago and I think the result is quite obvious, impressing and encouraging smiley smiley
NLers,what do you say?

Me,five weeks ago... grin grin

Bross there is a massive improvement don't mind d ash words believe me there is a massive improvement am just like u and am planning on starting a work out again

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Kgdavid(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2016
DrinkWater10:

hi I think I m a mesomorph with a more developed lower body compared to my upper body, so I stopped doing squats and focused o pushups. Now I can comfortably do a hundred pushups at a go, but things seemed to have gotten stale.
Gaining weight seems a bad idea because of the tendency to accumulate fat more in the lower body.
I ve not tried weightlifting yet.
Any advice for me?

hey man, those are truly impressive results. It is normal for the body to reach a stage in growth where the same exercise will get stale. this is known as a plateau. What to do next really depends on your goal: are you interested in size, strength or shape?

the generic advise i'd give you when you hit a plateau is:

1. mix up your training. instead of focusing on push ups alone, mix your routine up with other exercises such as pull ups and weight lifting. your muscles have gotten used to the dynamics of push ups, and are now able to cope with the stress. (your body thinks its helping you by doing this). simply switch to another similar exercise. if you want to keep working on your chest and triceps, i'd suggest you do triceps dips. They'll work almost the same areas as push-ups but without working the core (abdominal muscles) as much.

2. increase difficulty levels. have you tried one handed push ups? how about incline or decline push ups? a great way to improve power, stamina and strength is by doing plyometric push-ups. you perform them like normal push-ups but the difference is when you push up from the ground you lift your body in the air and clap your hands and return to the plank position.

2. do isolation training. push ups are a compound exercise that work multiple muscles and joints all at once. if you're looking for growth, i'd suggest you try isolation exercises that focus specifically on single muscle groups as these exercises are great for achieving growth in specific areas.

3. nutrition. do you know that you might be wasting hours of exercise if you are not taking in a matching amount of protein? your muscles need protein to grow, so if you like work out from morning to evening; if you don't take in enough protein, you're OYO. fortunately, protein is everywhere. from akara, moi moi, eggs, milk, to peanuts and peanut butter, cheap, high quality protein sources are available in abundance.

4. take a break. surprisingly, taking a week off training is not the muscle growth killer most people think it will be, especially when you have been training for an extended period. when you take a 7-10 days off, your body will have lost some of it's familiarity with push-ups (without losing its capacity to do push-ups) and this will create room for more growth

5. i think you should mix in some cardio. go for a run, play a sport like football or basketball, just to keep your body in all round shape.

sorry bout the late reply btw. just seeing this

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Kfed4ril(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2016
CindyeMerAld:
ur a fine looking young man buh d background whr u took dis pics is a big no for me..

Wetin concern the background for this matter now.
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Ikpewe: 10:08am On Aug 23, 2016
davtosh:

If you don't have words of encouragement for the young man you should have kept your mouth shut.
If your life is already laced with frustration you don't transfer the aggression on an innocent person who has done you no harm but trying to catch fun.
As you have crashed into the thread you should have crashed out. Instead of killing the guys spirit.
And you are?
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, please I need your votes in the FCMB creativity contest going on, voting ends tonight.
you only have to click on the link below, vote and you can refer your friends too, you can vote with as many emails account as possible. thanks and God bless you.

https://apply.fcmb.com/contest/vote_preview.php?entry=335
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by dfrost: 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
dapsondou:

Sorry bro, carbs don't help a bodybuilder.
Protein is key man. Carbs only give energy. Proteins help to build the muscles. The muscles hypertrophy when you work out and that's where protein comes in.

SnakeXenzia, don't take supplements since you're not building your body for professional purposes. If you stop supplements just for a week, you'll look like a fowl that has just entered water. I'm Talking from experience.
As a student, best way to bulk up considering expenses is to eat like 3-5 eggs per day along with whatever you eat.
Follow my advice for two months and you'll see changes

Bros you need carbs. Let's not argue. Protein is key but you need carbs mostly after post workout. Ciao.
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by ultmatmus(m): 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
CindyeMerAld:

person don dey fall................
oh my....dats how love starts small small

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by ultmatmus(m): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
veekid:
Guy! !! I don't know how this may sound to you, but it's the truth; you need nothing but [size=22pt]food[/size]
You're hungry mehn

alaye small small na shey u wan mek d guy dey swear for una abi
omo pple dey vex oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by dapsondou(m): 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
dfrost:

Bros you need carbs. Let's not argue. Protein is key but you need carbs mostly after post workout. Ciao.
Not saying one doesn't need carbs. What I'm saying is protein is needed in higher quantity than carbs

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lorhdany:
I think i know this guy. Are you a student of OAU?
yes sir
shocked
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
McAustin92:
op build ur physique before working for packs....ur tissue and muscle needs proper tuning to fill up d worn out layers.....check mine work out lol...
lol, youre naturally big cheesy
Cool tho
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
StepTwo:
and how bout my 7days old workout?

5wks i will be a hulk.
yinmu grin
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 24, 2016
BIDOO:

in what way can this be achieved aside being visiting gym everyday........ my question can jugging almost 5killometers every day brings this change? or what other exercise can bring this?
jogging isnt helpful at all,axcept you want to shet weight or something.
do sit ups and push ups instead
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 24, 2016
Safari29:
u have changed. u are more muscular and fitted. i do exercise everyday (1hr) and i check my pics when i started 4 years ago and now and i was totally a different guy.
Major gains include which i think was inadequate before
(1) very high self esteem - i believe i can do anything
(2) Fitted and Muscular
(3) Manstubation is history - since i found exercising more productive and addictive
(4)I argue more with my friend - I stand my ground with convincing evidence. I used to i get intimidated, shy, even though am right
(5)Focus on my study is topnotch. passed CCNA MCSA within 6 months, almost completing msce pre
(6) I appreciate girls now unlike before, i viewed them as sex objects
(7)I pray more - as a muslim i find it hard to pray five times a day before. now since i work out everyday, praying is less than work to me

and many more. In other word - am being productive and enjoying my life as it should be
mashaalah smiley
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 24, 2016
Opharhe:
Ok.
I stay in Faj presently. Your effort is paying off.

Welldone.
thanks,bruh smiley
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 24, 2016
litaninja:
So - Protein like everyone said. Lots and lots of it. Sleep well. Get multivitamins. You can get natural protein powers. Too. There's this Soya powder, don't know of its still in the market.
Vary your workout routine. Don't your body get used to a particular routine and stop responding!
Good luck.
All those mumu girls go fall in now dey say "oh my he's sexy aad nice looking.....then no know say na the same workout dem dey bad mouth here....

And now, I gotta go workout. Today's, leg day. Never miss leg day!
lol
thanks
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Opharhe: 12:23am On Aug 24, 2016
SnakeXenzia:
thanks,bruh smiley
You're welcome.
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by DrinkWater10: 2:35am On Aug 24, 2016
Kgdavid:

hey man, those are truly impressive results. It is normal for the body to reach a stage in growth where the same exercise will get stale. this is known as a plateau. What to do next really depends on your goal: are you interested in size, strength or shape?

the generic advise i'd give you when you hit a plateau is:

1. mix up your training. instead of focusing on push ups alone, mix your routine up with other exercises such as pull ups and weight lifting. your muscles have gotten used to the dynamics of push ups, and are now able to cope with the stress. (your body thinks its helping you by doing this). simply switch to another similar exercise. if you want to keep working on your chest and triceps, i'd suggest you do triceps dips. They'll work almost the same areas as push-ups but without working the core (abdominal muscles) as much.

2. increase difficulty levels. have you tried one handed push ups? how about incline or decline push ups? a great way to improve power, stamina and strength is by doing plyometric push-ups. you perform them like normal push-ups but the difference is when you push up from the ground you lift your body in the air and clap your hands and return to the plank position.

2. do isolation training. push ups are a compound exercise that work multiple muscles and joints all at once. if you're looking for growth, i'd suggest you try isolation exercises that focus specifically on single muscle groups as these exercises are great for achieving growth in specific areas.

3. nutrition. do you know that you might be wasting hours of exercise if you are not taking in a matching amount of protein? your muscles need protein to grow, so if you like work out from morning to evening; if you don't take in enough protein, you're OYO. fortunately, protein is everywhere. from akara, moi moi, eggs, milk, to peanuts and peanut butter, cheap, high quality protein sources are available in abundance.

4. take a break. surprisingly, taking a week off training is not the muscle growth killer most people think it will be, especially when you have been training for an extended period. when you take a 7-10 days off, your body will have lost some of it's familiarity with push-ups (without losing its capacity to do push-ups) and this will create room for more growth

5. i think you should mix in some cardio. go for a run, play a sport like football or basketball, just to keep your body in all round shape.

sorry bout the late reply btw. just seeing this
Thanks
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by StepTwo: 7:39am On Aug 24, 2016
SnakeXenzia:
yinmu grin
for wetin na?
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2016
SnakeXenzia:
yes sir shocked
Are you not Sefiu from Oladele Hostel, Feranmi's room mate?
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2016
Lorhdany:
Are you not Sefiu from Oladele Hostel, Feranmi's room mate?
yes o, bro!
reveal your identity na cheesy
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Misugan: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
Have you ever tried critical bench program like this http://www.benchpressbarweight.com/bench-press-bar-weight-review-critical-bench-program/
Does it work? Anyone>?
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Rahe: 11:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
When u are done put d packs inside plate and eat, since dat is ur problem....no go find work
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
MKO4ever:
Do you live in VGC?
Ayeni Kunfayakun?
MKO!
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by paste007(m): 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
SnakeXenzia:
Ayeni Kunfayakun? MKO!
hey..do you know any local gym in abuja
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by Yinkyyinkie: 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
Re: A Nairalander's 5 Weeks Workout Results by 46O1CE: 12:04am On Nov 08, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Car Prize Face Of Delta/Model Winner Got (Photos) / Picture Of A Potbellied Mannequin / Okojie Lydia Eseoghene Wins UNIBEN Miss Photogenic 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.