Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter (29893 Views)

Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by MadCow1: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2016
madridsta007:

That is fine. However, you mentioned the phrases, 'Igbo', 'Hausa', 'Northerners', nearly ten times, so forgive people for thinking that it is the issue at hand for you. Linguists call that the 'permeating theme' of your message.

The Igbos will not be offended by one of their own naming an Animal after a Northern President..

The Northerners wouldn't take offense to a Northerner naming a Pig after a South-South president.

And it goes on..

REMEMBER: The person who reported the matter to the Police is a Northerner. So the underlying theme of this saga remains tribal, maybe religious and definitely political.

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by crowbar(m): 9:13am On Aug 22, 2016
E concern me?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by LordCzar202: 9:13am On Aug 22, 2016
Baseless correlation... He did not carryout the act in the north.
MadCow1:

[b[s]]Stop with the insults..[/b] I neither insulted nor disrespected you or anyone else so I don't see why you feel the need to be disrespectful in your post directed at me. Kindly refrain from such foolishness going forward.

Secondly, I know the Igbos very well as I am also Igbo. If an Hausa Man living in Upper Iweka or Aba dares to name his Goat or Cow after Dim Ojukwu and even shaves the name into it's sides, shiit is going to get real very fast. Such clashes have been sparked by far less issues in the past talk less of disrespecting an Igbo icon of the civil war especially by a Northerner who they consider to be the enemy.

I didn't say he was Igbo, I simply cited an example of how such an incident would play out should a Northerner try it in the East.

And since when has riots ever been sensible? Once shiit hits the fan, everybody is gonna get hit.. And his name is "Joe Chinakwe", I wonder what the irate illiterate Northerners who would be leading the mayhem would think of his ethnicity?

That Man's actions was inciting and I am glad we are having this conversation rather than 'imagine how many people died all because of a joke'[/s]..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by GloriaNinja(f): 9:14am On Aug 22, 2016
Nigeria and their primitive thinking

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by MadCow1: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2016
LordCzar202:
[size=14pt]The only unfortunate situation here is having to share a country with a lot of over-zealous blood thirsty islamic fundamentalists. This is the root of the matter and the country is better off divided.[/size]

Lol..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by millionaireman: 9:18am On Aug 22, 2016
madridguy:
Hatred don land the senseless man into hot soup. Even the South-South people no carry GEJ matter for head like them. Am double sure someone close to the man would have warned him but he wouldn't listen and now jungle don mature.
There is freedom of expression anywhere in the world but make sure your expression won't cause disorderliness in the society. Even in the US that people are shouting, you do anyhow you see anyhow.

Campaign is over so mind you tongue. During campaign anything is allowed but after campaign you need to caution yourself to avoid wahala.

another unrepentant "sai Baba" was on overdrive above. Every thing, Jonathan. Link Jonathan with Igbo, the story becomes more palatable for nonentities.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by supereagle(m): 9:21am On Aug 22, 2016
Buhari self

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by MamaletASO: 9:23am On Aug 22, 2016
C'mon! this is bullsh*t..

I think POLICE can use their time on something more reasonable.
Police should at least for once be responsible on time management..

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by pippimp(m): 9:29am On Aug 22, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s]
zombies justify their pay.

GEJ is the best president ever

the man self no like his dog because if he do he wouldn't name him a cursed name like buhari grin

Suffer no good i swear. It can completely cloud one's judgement. Nigerians really deserve whatever leadership they have. An incompetent leader who could not manage the people he delegated responsibilities to is seen as a hero in Nigeria. Meanwhile another group will spring up to defend Buhari as the best president in the world. Forgetting that he does not give two phucks about them. What a people?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by shotin(m): 9:30am On Aug 22, 2016
searay:
Did he named the dog "President Muhammadu Buhari"?
The President of Nigeria is PMB and not Buhari
. Common don't be that naïve, isn't it obvious who he is referring to...
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by shotin(m): 9:34am On Aug 22, 2016
tonio2wo:

Pls enlighten us on the 'cultures that guides' us!
. U already know that... U can't name ur pets after ur father or mother, but they can, to them, its just a normal scenario.... I pray we cherish and value wot we have and stop comparing america and european style of living to our own...... MAY GOD BLESS MY FATHERLAND
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 22, 2016
Aufbauh:
Some people are getting this issue wrong or choose to ignore the core message in the issue.
You are free to name your dog,goat,cow,cat etc any name of your choice even my own name but you are not free to inscribed it on the animal and walk around the environment to taunt the fellow. Not even my house cos I'll give you to my dogs to chew ur bones and get ur own name down its throat.

You might be enjoying the online flair but the ipob offender is living in regrets and pain of which you got no solution to his ordeals.
Are we still in the military regime where one is afraid to express his /her feeling. What's democracy all about if we don't have the liberty to express ourselves. The man has expressed himself the way he knows and what left is for the presidency to get the message pass and sit up

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Iceberg3: 9:39am On Aug 22, 2016
Aufbauh:
Some people are getting this issue wrong or choose to ignore the core message in the issue.
You are free to name your dog,goat,cow,cat etc any name of your choice even my own name but you are not free to inscribed it on the animal and walk around the environment to taunt the fellow. Not even my house cos I'll give you to my dogs to chew ur bones and get ur own name down its throat.

You might be enjoying the online flair but the ipob offender is living in regrets and pain of which you got no solution to his ordeals.
mental

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by cole265(m): 9:42am On Aug 22, 2016
The police got it wrong at the point when they had to re-arrest the man. They should have counselled both parties and ensure the matter is put to rest instead of escalating it to this point.

The man who reported to the police did the right thing instead of taking laws into his hand and instigating violence and communal clash. He could truly be offended by the action especially as he claimed it has got something to do with his dad Alhaji Buhari. More to the fact that there was apparent animosity between both community.

The owner of the dog has the right to name his dog by any name. He could be wrong however, if he did it maliciously to spite others and instigate crisis.

The real culprit here is the police, for not managing the issue well. The two parties could have been educated and the matter settled amicably...but they choose to make issue out of it.

Now enough of this useless nonsense. We Nigerians should work more on living together happily than get excited about issues that further divide us.
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 22, 2016
shotin:
. . I pray we cherish and value wot we have and stop comparing america and european style of living to our own...... MAY GOD BLESS MY FATHERLAND
so what you are saying is that America wasn't once like us and if they haven't dreamed and make their democracy to work they will still be walloping in abject ignorance like ........?For democracy to really work all hands must be on deck and it starts with you by not bringing up sentiment and ethnicity......

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by iamsparrow(m): 9:44am On Aug 22, 2016
attackgat:

That's the wrong sort of mentality. The laws allows the man to name his Dog anything. If he can be killed in Kaduna for exercising a right given to him by the law, then Kaduna should not be a part of Nigeria.

But all of this is just a case of victimisation of an Igbo man by the Northerners and their 'born to rule'

What I am saying is that there are so many over zealous youths in Kaduna
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by tonio2wo: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Lol..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4139000_capture_png78f16eee552a85331b9f4f38cd4a8a5f

"I no been know" is not a valid legal excuse..

I got that off of Google.. And before you rush to say 'it's not Nigerian Law', note that the laws of Nigeria and most Common wealth nations (India, Canada, etc) are almost verbatim the laws of the England.

If the people who will be incensed by this Mans actions were sensible and logical enough to know that 'CHINAKWE' is a Delta name and not an English name, we wouldn't even need to discuss this Mans action as an issue in the first place.

I love this.
I doubt if u even read that law u rushed to post. Hehe. " any real or personal property of another person" did u see that part at all? Is d dog buhari's personal property?

Am not a lawyer but I will floor u on this in a just court of law!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Rapmoney(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2016
madridguy:
Hatred don land the senseless man into hot soup. Even the South-South people no carry GEJ matter for head like them. Am double sure someone close to the man would have warned him but he wouldn't listen and now jungle don mature.
There is freedom of expression anywhere in the world but make sure your expression won't cause disorderliness in the society. Even in the US that people are shouting, you do anyhow you see anyhow.

Campaign is over so mind you tongue. During campaign anything is allowed but after campaign you need to caution yourself to avoid wahala.
I'm not surprised; this type of reasoning you exhibit is typical of only people with weird and slavish reasoning or mentality!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by MadCow1: 9:50am On Aug 22, 2016
tonio2wo:

I love this.
I doubt if u even read that law u rushed to post. Hehe. " any real or personal property of another person" did u see that part at all? Is d dog buhari's personal property?

Am not a lawyer but I will floor u on this in a just court of law!

Thats why I proceeded to put up incitement..
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by kingdenny(m): 9:51am On Aug 22, 2016
omenka:
People are just so damn dumb!

First they talk as though our cultures and values are same as those of Europeans and Americans.

Secondly, if the intent of the bastard wasn't mischief, why inscribe the name on both sides of the dog?? I mean, do you name your dog and then write its name on its body

Thirdly did the incident take place in a protest where people are somewhat free to express their anger/dissatisfaction to such levels??

Was it a "stage joke"?? What parallels is there with this and the jokes on Obj??

Did the man just say "Buhari is a dog" or literally did the nonsense??

Make una continu.
Sadly you are the dumb one.
When the north is involved, we bend to please them, cos it could cause ethnic clash, cos they are the only one that have monopoly of violence.
We are copying the Europeans and Americans in a style of government called democracy, and in a saner society where democracy is practiced, naming a dog buhari should not be a nation headline. Call a spade a spade Mr man

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by shotin(m): 9:52am On Aug 22, 2016
asodane:

so what you are saying is that America wasn't once like us and if they haven't dreamed and make their democracy to work they will still be walloping in abject ignorance like ........?For democracy to really work all hands must be on deck and it starts with you by not bringing up sentiment and ethnicity......
. Chai, must u misquote me.... Am talking abt cultural values here, not democracy... And am not be sentimental, we gat a lot to tap from developed countries, both positive and negative... Their way of live is quite different from our way, we have to really know that... We can't continue to compared....
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by lordyugo: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2016
MadCow1:
People are missing the point of this matter...

It is not the naming of the Dog Buhari, its the manner in which the Man went about it. He not only named the dog Buhari, he shaved the name into the 'mane' of the dog on both sides. If that isn't criminal mischief, then I wonder what is..

Now it's all fun and games until one illiterate Muslim sees it, starts spreading inciting messages around the neighborhood about how Igbos have no respect for Islam or Muslims and Northerners and what have you, and the next thing you get is a riot where the people most likely to get hurt are innocent people like you and I whose only offense would be being unfortunate to share the same ethnicity, religion, tribe and other commonalities with an idiot who thought he was being funny.

I maintain it that should an Hausa Man in the East name his Goat or Cow Ojukwu and even go ahead to shave the name Ojukwu into the Goats skin, there will be hell to pay for any Hausa Man, Woman or child caught slippin in the neighborhood.

no hell will break loose cause we are not daft to focus on sumtn so frivolous

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by tonio2wo: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2016
Deen77:

Jonathan cannot say he is d best maybe for corruption.
Yes the luckiest president, crude at above $100 but lavish lifestyle no saving even put us in debt of over $40 billion.

See Nigeria, no survival resources Jonathan lavish and borrow.
Wow! Oil was 38 dold during obj and taking to fact that abacha and abdulsalam has looted us dry yet nigerians did not suffer like we re suffering now. Leave gej he was wasteful but if oil is above 40 dols now and nigerians are sufering like this does it not show how incompetent ur god buhari and his goons are?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by FarukuWadata12(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2016
omenka:

First they talk as though our cultures and values are same as those of Europeans and Americans.

Secondly, if the intent of the bastard wasn't mischief, why inscribe the name on both sides of the dog?? I mean, do you name your dog and then write its name on its body

Thirdly did the incident take place in a protest where people are somewhat free to express their anger/dissatisfaction to such levels??

Was it a "stage joke"?? What parallels is there with this and the jokes on Obj??

Make una continu.
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by tonio2wo: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2016
shotin:
. U already know that... U can't name ur pets after ur father or mother, but they can, to them, its just a normal scenario.... I pray we cherish and value wot we have and stop comparing america and european style of living to our own...... MAY GOD BLESS MY FATHERLAND
is the man buhari's son? Or is buhari his father?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by joe02(m): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2016
Ceoflexygist:
Nigerians take it to Twitter to share their opinion Over ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’

checkout their tweet below:

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/08/22/nigerians-react-to-naming-a-dog-buharion-twitter/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by shotin(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2016
tonio2wo:

is the man buhari's son?
. undecided alaye swerve jare, if u are not ready to get the nitty gritty of my post
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by omobs(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2016
omenka:

Make una continu.

change never affect you,I believe you are still living with ur parents,I just hate you for no reason
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Anabel(f): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2016
Let's be careful about how we interpret our hatred for other people, If he's out of power, you are free, but he's currently in power, it's totally wrong. Such things may be tolerated in America due to the 2nd amendment but in Nigeria, they take their names serious even if their performance is low.
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by bilazego(m): 10:19am On Aug 22, 2016
madridguy:

So different laws operates during campaigns and another thereafter.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by ephi123(f): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Lol..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4139000_capture_png78f16eee552a85331b9f4f38cd4a8a5f

"I no been know" is not a valid legal excuse..

I got that off of Google.. And before you rush to say 'it's not Nigerian Law', note that the laws of Nigeria and most Common wealth nations (India, Canada, etc) are almost verbatim the laws of the England.

If the people who will be incensed by this Mans actions were sensible and logical enough to know that 'CHINAKWE' is a Delta name and not an English name, we wouldn't even need to discuss this Mans action as an issue in the first place.

Incitement was an offence under the common law of England and Wales. It was an inchoate offence.[1] It consisted of persuading, encouraging, instigating, pressuring, or threatening so as to cause another to commit a crime.

It was abolished in England and Wales on 1 October 2008
[2] when Part 2 of the Serious Crime Act 2007 came into force, replacing it with three new statutory offences of encouraging or assisting crime.[3] The common law is now only relevant to offences committed before that date.[4]

Incitement remains an offence in New Zealand.[5]

Source: wikipedia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how exactly is naming a dog "encouraging or assisting crime" ? - since your source clearly states that incitement has been abolished as being a crime and replaced by statutory offences of encouraging or assisting crime.

Of all the numerous crimes being committed in Nigeria, this is the one Nigerian police have chosen to waste valuable time on. Truly, there is something wrong with this administration, freedom of expression should not be stifled.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight / Pictures From Canine Club Of Imo Dog Walk 2022 / Zambian Man Denied License Of Ownership For His 'Magical' Snake After Applying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.