Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter (29864 Views)

Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by tonio2wo: 10:21am On Aug 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Thats why I proceeded to put up incitement..

Incitement does not come to play here bro! Because if u add that, our jail will over flow with people. If I call u or ur whole family a fool u can claim that is an incitement to cause violence, incitement is very very vast. All our cartoon columnist will be trown in jail for the caricature drawings they publish cos the poeple they draw will arrest/sue for 'incitement'

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by chaberry(m): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2016
Aufbauh:
Some people are getting this issue wrong or choose to ignore the core message in the issue.
You are free to name your dog,goat,cow,cat etc any name of your choice even my own name but you are not free to inscribed it on the animal and walk around the environment to taunt the fellow. Not even my house cos I'll give you to my dogs to chew ur bones and get ur own name down its throat.

You might be enjoying the online flair but the ipob offender is living in regrets and pain of which you got no solution to his ordeals.
Do you have evidence to prove that the man inscribed the name "Buhari" on the dogs body? If you have bring it forward, if you don't keep your mouth shot, even the clueless police have no evidence to prove this in any court

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by searay(m): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2016
shotin:
. Common don't be that naïve, isn't it obvious who he is referring to...
Is Muhammadu Buhari the only person bearing that name in the whole world?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Luckymay(f): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2016
shuggah:

why re u nt in support because u hv nt told us?
so buhari is nw a sacred name.
Not like buhari is a sacred name... Would you like someone to name a dog after you? If you are a Christian, do you remember the place in the Bible where jesus said that "in is not good to give to the dog, that which is meant for a man"
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by tonio2wo: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2016
shotin:
. undecided alaye swerve jare, if u are not ready to get the nitty gritty of my post
Hahahaha

I accept ur throwing in d towel.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Osakah24(m): 10:30am On Aug 22, 2016
madridguy:
Hatred don land the senseless man into hot soup. Even the South-South people no carry GEJ matter for head like them. Am double sure someone close to the man would have warned him but he wouldn't listen and now jungle don mature.
There is freedom of expression anywhere in the world but make sure your expression won't cause disorderliness in the society. Even in the US that people are shouting, you do anyhow you see anyhow.

Campaign is over so mind you tongue. During campaign anything is allowed but after campaign you need to caution yourself to avoid wahala.
Let your hatred for igbos no kill you, the man that named his dog buhari is from the south south state of delta.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 22, 2016
HtwoOw:
He. Looked for trouble and he got served

Period

Can u imagine wot u re saying..........sooner or later they start picking NL for their comments too....
u think everything is joke.....

A govt that has no respect for the law and human rights. ... u are supporting it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by shuggah(m): 10:31am On Aug 22, 2016
Luckymay:

Not like buhari is a sacred name... Would you like someone to name a dog after you? If you are a Christian, do you remember the place in the Bible where jesus said that "in is not good to give to the dog, that which is meant for a man"
sis is it my dog a man names his dog d same name I bear?? what's my business??

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by tonio2wo: 10:32am On Aug 22, 2016
ephi123:

Incitement was an offence under the common law of England and Wales. It was an inchoate offence.[1] It consisted of persuading, encouraging, instigating, pressuring, or threatening so as to cause another to commit a crime.

It was abolished in England and Wales on 1 October 2008
[2] when Part 2 of the Serious Crime Act 2007 came into force, replacing it with three new statutory offences of encouraging or assisting crime.[3] The common law is now only relevant to offences committed before that date.[4]

Incitement remains an offence in New Zealand.[5]

Source: wikipedia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how exactly is naming a dog "encouraging or assisting crime" ? - since your source clearly states that incitement has been abolished as being a crime and replaced by statutory offences of encouraging or assisting crime.

Of all the numerous crimes being committed in Nigeria, this is the one Nigerian police have chosen to waste valuable time on. Truly, there is something wrong with this administration, freedom of expression should not be stifled.
God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 22, 2016
Luckymay:

Tell me the names meant 4 dog

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Idaluck(m): 10:34am On Aug 22, 2016
Buhari like all others is a name given to and for identifying a place, and a living thing thus there are places named Buhari estate, and there are other people bearing the said name, so if some body decide to name his dog buhari that does not mean he want to abuse anybody bearing the name, besides dogs are known as security animals and as a hallmark of contributions and result of good work associated with bearers of the said name could be his motivational interest to have named his dog after that name.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by nortcentrallord(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2016
pendusky:
If naming dog a particular name will change the situation of the country, then so be it.

Giving less attention to these things wouldn't bring more of these insults.

that why we still give credit to GEJ. Hausa man did this during GEJ era and he didn't bother, how many heard about it?

But he was busy looking for solutions to Nigerians problem..

Go bless you. You have just wrestled all the hollow heads inbred pompous swine to the ground. Thank God for the internet. Truth is, some people never heard about that of GEJ even because he cared less but what will you expect from a dictator like bubu and his foot soldiers?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by dave29osy(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2016
datopaper:
Not bad at all
But can u named your dog or goat, your papa name
dem create d name 4 only your papa??
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by MadCow1: 11:01am On Aug 22, 2016
tonio2wo:

Incitement does not come to play here bro! Because if u add that, our jail will over flow with people. If I call u or ur whole family a fool u can claim that is an incitement to cause violence, incitement is very very vast. All our cartoon columnist will be trown in jail for the caricature drawings they publish cos the poeple they draw will arrest/sue for 'incitement'

So what do you reckon he will be charged with?

How about "Disturbing the Peace?"..

And I see what you did there with our example..

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Luckymay(f): 11:01am On Aug 22, 2016
DemonUnderSiege:
`my dog's name was luck, do you have prob with that?
No sir!
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Stop with the insults.. I neither insulted nor disrespected you or anyone else so I don't see why you feel the need to be disrespectful in your post directed at me. Kindly refrain from such foolishness going forward.

Secondly, I know the Igbos very well as I am also Igbo. If an Hausa Man living in Upper Iweka or Aba dares to name his Goat or Cow after Dim Ojukwu and even shaves the name into it's sides, shiit is going to get real very fast. Such clashes have been sparked by far less issues in the past talk less of disrespecting an Igbo icon of the civil war especially by a Northerner who they consider to be the enemy.

I didn't say he was Igbo, I simply cited an example of how such an incident would play out should a Northerner try it in the East.

And since when has riots ever been sensible? Once shiit hits the fan, everybody is gonna get hit.. And his name is "Joe Chinakwe", I wonder what the irate illiterate Northerners who would be leading the mayhem would think of his ethnicity?

That Man's actions was inciting and I am glad we are having this conversation rather than 'imagine how many people died all because of a joke'..

From my observation it seems you get your daily dose of vitamin from NL tribal war.

I doubt if you live anywhere in the East, if you name a dog Ojukwu and parade it in those areas you mentioned is same thing that will happen to you if you name a dog Awolowo and parade it in one of those Yoruba dominated markets.

But if you live in any of those town you mentioned and you name your dog Ojukwe, no one if going to call the cops on you or even attack you. The worst that will be happen is either your dog is killed or stolen by whomever feel offended but your neighbor in your compound calling police because you name you dog Ojukwu of even after him is a big lie. Can you please show us a photo of the dog with the inscription on it or better still any evidence that the dog was paraded in any Hausa dominated area?

On a side note, do you know for a fact that whatever joy you seem to derive from ethnic bashing thread NL, you can derive more by engaging in useful activities, like doing community work. Community work helps a lot, maybe you should try it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Charly68: 11:07am On Aug 22, 2016
Africa is a zone of morality,I don't know why many adult of today have suddenly lost their moral value in every spheres of life..The man that named his dog "Buhari" somebody should ask him if he can give his father's name to his dog . No amount of argument can be adduced to substantiate the depravity of such mind . No matter what is happening in the land,the name of a sitting president should not & must not be bastardized under any guise . Right or wrong police should deal thoroughly with that man for them to teach his likes a very high moral lesson.
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 22, 2016
I don't think he should be charged at all. I am hoping the court would quash the charges against him.

MadCow1:

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by nyabinghi(m): 11:16am On Aug 22, 2016
Any vet doctor in the house? My dog named ojukwu and my goat named adeboye are terribly ill.
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Luckymay(f): 11:17am On Aug 22, 2016
daylife7:

Tell me the names meant 4 dog
Any name that's not meant to incite chaos. It's obvious the man was looking for trouble where there's none. What happens to all those names I used to hear while growing up
Like... Bingo
Bakassi
Shape
Tiger
Lion
Brave
There are lots of them. But we all know that trouble was sleeping and nyanga go wake am.
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 22, 2016
Luckymay:

Any name that's not meant to incite chaos. It's obvious the man was looking for trouble where there's none. What happens to all those names I used to hear while growing up
Like... Bingo
Bakassi
Shape
Tiger
Lion
Brave
There are lots of them. But we all know that trouble was sleeping and nyanga go wake am.

Lol..... the man didn't commit any crime as far as the law is concern......
if he had named the dog 'trump'. Or 'Obama'...are u saying dat the united State can invoke the extradition treaty and ask Nigeria to extradict.him...

If u are in support of the unlawful way the man is treated. ....sooner or later they will start arresting ppl in NL for using names like
clueless buhari
dull buhari...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2016
I JUST BOUGHT A NEW DOG TODAY......ITS NAME IS 'BUHARI'

So buhari send ur police dogs to arrest me...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by tonio2wo: 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Oh my god! Are u still clamouring that the guy be charged?
He dint commit any crime/offence to begin with!

I cant believe u just said what u said. Ha! Are u a policeman?

Why r u digging for what to accuse d man of? No! Am disappointed in you bro! Which peace did he disturb? So naming a dog is disturbing d peace?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by MadCow1: 12:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
woodcook:

From my observation it seems you get your daily dose of vitamin from NL tribal war.

I doubt if you live anywhere in the East, if you name a dog Ojukwu and parade it in those areas you mentioned is same thing that will happen to you if you name a dog Awolowo and parade it in one of those Yoruba dominated markets.

But if you live in any of those town you mentioned and you name your dog Ojukwe, no one if going to call the cops on you or even attack you. The worst that will be happen is either your dog is killed or stolen by whomever feel offended but your neighbor in your compound calling police because you name you dog Ojukwu of even after him is a big lie. Can you please show us a photo of the dog with the inscription on it or better still any evidence that the dog was paraded in any Hausa dominated area?

On a side note, do you know for a fact that whatever joy you seem to derive from ethnic bashing thread NL, you can derive more by engaging in useful activities, like doing community work. Community work helps a lot, maybe you should try it.

Listen..

You know nothing about me or my NL character.. I say so because you seem to be mistaking me for a Tribal warlord which I am not.

Go read Vanguard, the matter was reported to the Police by a Northerner. The Man did what he did in Ogun, which has a healthy mix of Muslims and Christians.. I am sure they must have a healthy Northern population as well.

And for you to say a Northener doing something similar in the East will attract no incident is laughable.. Purely laughable. Remind me again what caused the last intra-tribal killing in Aba..

O!! Fhuck your side note.. I do more for my community than you have done for yours.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by bashydemy1: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
datopaper:
Not bad at all

But can u named your dog or goat, your papa name
Exactly what have been asking people who see nothing bad in him naming his dog Buhari, Why can't he name the dog his father name? Why can't he name is Child dog or goat? why can't he name his child Judas?
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by monex(m): 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2016
omenka:
People are just so damn dumb!

First they talk as though our cultures and values are same as those of Europeans and Americans.

Secondly, if the intent of the bastard wasn't mischief, why inscribe the name on both sides of the dog?? I mean, do you name your dog and then write its name on its body

Thirdly did the incident take place in a protest where people are somewhat free to express their anger/dissatisfaction to such levels??

Was it a "stage joke"?? What parallels is there with this and the jokes on Obj??

Did the man just say "Buhari is a dog" or literally did the nonsense??

Make una continu.
i agree it is wrong. so was the goat with the jonathan inscription which a lot of APC (i hope you didnt) folks cheered.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by omenka(m): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
omobs:

change never affect you,I believe you are still living with ur parents,I just hate you for no reason
You must be living a very miserable life. Get rid of yourself already. I could never care less about someone like you.

Bye.
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by bashydemy1: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
Lovelynature:
It's a free world. Just that some people living in 17th century's mindset are so daft to understand this. Most sitting presidents and powers around the world have been called all sorts of abusive names yet they overlooked. This is 21st century for crying out loud. There are many important things Nigeria as a nation should be facing, at least, not an unnecessary issues as this.

Where uncle lala sef

Lalasticlala come see a snake named... someone in power somewhere
It's a free world you right but what happen to the man not naming his dog after his Family name?
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by Genesis2000(m): 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
ivandragon:
the on going trend seems to be that because the Hausa Fulani Muslims are violent, then the rest of us should always bend over to please them.

the dog naming is a symptom of an existing problem between the two men. while naming the dog B**** was certainly childish, the police blowing up the matter has exacerbated the issue, now every one is going to go on an animal naming ceremony...

if that dog was given any other name, no one would bat an eyelid. I knew a dog named kabiyesi (kabi for short) & no one attached any meaning to it.

well, like someone once said, is it because it is buhari?
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by MadCow1: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
tonio2wo:

Oh my god! Are u still clamouring that the guy be charged?
He dint commit any crime/offence to begin with!

I cant believe u just said what u said. Ha! Are u a policeman?

Why r u digging for what to accuse d man of? No! Am disappointed in you bro! Which peace did he disturb? So naming a dog is disturbing d peace?

Look, I am concerned about this guys behavior and the honest truth is that it could spiral into something else.

Should he be charged? YES!! To serve as a deterrent to other would be trouble makers.

You can feign ignorance all you want, but there is not denying the mischief in the Mans actions especially when he shaved the name into the sides of the dog.. Funny (Yes, cos I laughed hard when I heard it), but its definitely mischievous.

Lets all be thankful that this matter didn't go too far and that the Police have gotten involved before any real harm was done. Notice how the Dog miraculously disappeared? grin

And stop making this personal, we are simply debating a subject..
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by smileysmiley(f): 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
A friend of mine named his cute chihuahua dog after me, I'm still trying to know if it's an insult or not and if I should inform the police... please help me out
Re: Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter by tonio2wo: 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Look, I am concerned about this guys behavior and the honest truth is that it could spiral into something else.

Should he be charged? YES!! To serve as a deterrent to other would be trouble makers.

You can feign ignorance all you want, but there is not denying the mischief in the Mans actions especially when he shaved the name into the sides of the dog.. Funny (Yes, cos I laughed hard when I heard it), but its definitely mischievous.

Lets all be thankful that this matter didn't go too far and that the Police have gotten involved before any real harm was done. Notice how the Dog miraculously disappeared? grin

And stop making this personal, we are simply debating a subject..
you are the one taking it persona! you are the one digging for charge to lay on him! is buhari your name?
first its that he is inciting, when u found no case with that u shifted to disturbing public peace.
if the man committed a crime let him be charged for his crime but we all know that no crime has been committed if not we wont be having this discussion, this case wont be making this wave.
this case is not going to spiral into anything! nobody has the monopoly for violence! did u clamor for the punishment of those that beheaded that woman in kano?

mind you the trend of animal naming has begun! so jailing this innocent man will only fuel it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From Canine Club Of Imo Dog Walk 2022 / Ondo Police Arrest Dog For Biting AAUA Student’s Private Parts / Zambian Man Denied License Of Ownership For His 'Magical' Snake After Applying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.