Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) (35433 Views)

Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) / Igbo Biafrans Protesting In Westminster Bridge In London August 1967 / Amosun Hosts Soyinka In Ogun At An Anti-corruption Crusade In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by broseme: 9:23am On Aug 22, 2016
See What Wole Soyinka Said In UK How Buhari Wants 2 Stop Niger Delta Avengers

Prof. Wole Soyinka was a special guest at a literary fanfare that held in Westminster London.While speaking to guests at the event, the Nobel laureate highlighted what he discussed during his recent meeting with Buhari at Aso rock.

According to him,the services of international mediators will be sought to mediate between the Nigerian government and militants to resolve lingering crisis in the Niger Delta region.

The Niger Delta Avengers and other militants in recent time have been bombing oil installations in the Niger Delta, thus, crippling the economy of the nation. Soyinka, who spoke at Westminster, London during the launch of two major African literatures told the audience that all hope was not lost in Africa notwithstanding challenges of nation- building and difficult economic situations, some of which led to violence in the continent.

He said the current violence  in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria and the blowing up of oil installation by some militants was an example of such economic frustration and a feeling of inequality among people who suffered most from the effect of extractive economies.

The Nobel laureate disclosed that an international observatory post of which he would be involved had held preliminary discussions with President Muhammadu Buhari and the leadership of the militants to resolve the crisis in the region.

He further said consultation with the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby; some members of the British Parliament, the Asantehene, Osei Tutu II would be pursued as an international mediation effort to help bring peace to the afflicted region.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/wole-soyinka-in-westminster-london-for.html

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by admindim: 9:26am On Aug 22, 2016
God help naija my country

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by IykeChukz(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2016
Economic frustration indeed.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by BlackSeptember: 9:34am On Aug 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Mrbigman2: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2016
Lol. Dem don send u work

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by lytech1(m): 9:42am On Aug 22, 2016
This soyinka of a man have benefited a lot in this great country...
He his always active in every govt administration claiming to be an activist or humanitarian..

But I still find it difficult to figure out one of his core contribution to this great nation to deserve all this honor.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by DropShot: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2016
lytech1:
He his always active in every govt administration claiming to be an activist or humanitarian..

But I still find it difficult to figure out one of his core contribution to this great nation to deserve all this honor.

People like you will eternally find it difficult to understand his roles and others like him in shaping and helping our democracy. You know the reason? Bigotry if all kinds.

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by jaymejate: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2016
[size=14pt]Idiots will go to the foreign countries and start talking. Why can't they say that here in Nigeria? Doing like na them sabi tok pass[/size]

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by lytech1(m): 10:02am On Aug 22, 2016
DropShot:

People like you will eternally find it difficult to understand his roles and others like him in shaping and helping our democracy. You know the reason? Bigotry if all kinds.
Maybe you just help in pinpointing 2 or 3 of his contributions rather than attacking personality here

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by DropShot: 10:46am On Aug 22, 2016
lytech1:

Maybe you just help in pinpointing 2 or 3 of his contributions rather than attacking personality here
I dont see the attack on any personality here.

I don't come to Nairaland to teach basic education.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by lytech1(m): 10:55am On Aug 22, 2016
DropShot:

I dont see tge attack on any personlity here.

I don't come to Nairaland to teach basic education.
Tell me why you are quick to condemn my opinion even when you don't have a single point to defend your self.

Wise up dude,try make use of your sense before typing sh*t

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by 989900: 10:59am On Aug 22, 2016
lytech1:
[s]This soyinka of a man have benefited a lot in this great country...

But I still find it difficult to figure out one of his core contribution to this great nation to deserve all this honor.[/s]

15 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by DropShot: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2016
[s]
lytech1:

Tell me why you are quick to condemn my opinion even when you don't have a single point to defend your self.

[/s]

10 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by shiziope(f): 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
buhari is working

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by thundabot(f): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
I LIKE THIS MAN

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
He has made a name and because of that, everything he says counts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
How much would be paid to the international observatory post

How would you use literature to speak to the government?

Useless session in Westminster cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by veekid(m): 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
It would look awkward if he directly put it in a way those folks will see our guy man in aso rock the way he sees it.
Don't worry prof,they already understand your speaking language
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Richie0974: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
Let's hope mediation works if not the latter will be disastrous than the former.
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by jejemanito: 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
989900 and Dropshot Save IT [.s.] [./s.] Doesn't Work No More

Instead Of Cancelling, It Underlines; Making It Look Like You're Agreeing With Your Adversary grin

ASwear Seuun Na Psycho
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
cool
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by dunkem21(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
lytech1:

They don't have anything upstairs..

That's why they are called Zombies undecided

14 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Jediel1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
Buhari said he will call d justice league

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Orikinla(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
Lion of African Literature.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
space for sale
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Spells(m): 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
Wole shoyinka n Co make una clear way make I pass

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by free2ryhme: 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2016
so wetin you wan make we dey
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Ibangap(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
Most People earn their living from what they know how to do best. Whether they learned the art or are just gifted with it, doesn't matter. Prof. Soyinka is making his art relevant at this present time of governance and also making a living out of it through this present government. So much, that this present government have come to think that they need his services now.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
Shouldn't it be more prudent if a man of God is the one spear heading this movement, instead of the Great Soyinka?
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Kposkila: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2016
These talks are too much, dey shud come down to the region and see for them selves, hold talks with relevant ppl in the region, not travelling to see the bishop of Canterbury, I wish I was the president, solving this issue is not a big deal, we re curently below 1 million Bpd, and several jobs lost, no salaries for workers, price of Goods are on the rise, May God arise and kill every enemy of the masses!
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
lytech1:

GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER!!!

DropShot:

Mr DropShot, I am a proper Yoruba from Ogun State. I do not like being partisan.

There is absolutely no lie in what that lytech has said. It is not my first time of saying such either.

Wole Soyinka has not done anything pragmatically positive to the Nigerian polity or governance.

All we know is that he's a Nobel Laureate and that's all. That's his own achievement and not Nigeria's.

He's good at is criticizing, swinging the pendulum to wherever pleases him.

I boldly supported the stance of Obasanjo when he called him a "wine connoisseur"

It is always easier to castigate or criticize. Everybody is a talker, only few are actually acting.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Reacts As Atiku Wins PDP Presidential Ticket / Adamma Ohakim-Okorafor Welcomes Her Second Child (Pics) / Saraki Misfired: The Proscription Of IPOB Was Not Against The Law - CACAWA2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.