Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,910 members, 7,841,442 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) (35453 Views)

Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) / Igbo Biafrans Protesting In Westminster Bridge In London August 1967 / Amosun Hosts Soyinka In Ogun At An Anti-corruption Crusade In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by tejiritex(m): 6:36am On Aug 23, 2016
Who Soyinka don EEP?
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by Malawian(m): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2016
DropShot:

People like you will eternally find it difficult to understand his roles and others like him in shaping and helping our democracy. You know the reason? Bigotry if all kinds.
tell us what his roles have been. shepopotami, any one?
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by MamaletASO: 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER!!!

Mr DropShot, I am a proper Yoruba from Ogun State. I do not like being partisan.

There is absolutely no lie in what that lytech has said. It is not my first time of saying such either.

Wole Soyinka has not done anything pragmatically positive to the Nigerian polity or governance.

All we know is that he's a Nobel Laureate and that's all. That's his own achievement and not Nigeria's.

He's good at is criticizing, swinging the pendulum to wherever pleases him.

I boldly supported the stance of Obasanjo when he called him a "wine connoisseur"

It is always easier to castigate or criticize. Everybody is a talker, only few are actually acting.

hmm
Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by MamaletASO: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER!!!

Mr DropShot, I am a proper Yoruba from Ogun State. I do not like being partisan.

There is absolutely no lie in what that lytech has said. It is not my first time of saying such either.

Wole Soyinka has not done anything pragmatically positive to the Nigerian polity or governance.

All we know is that he's a Nobel Laureate and that's all. That's his own achievement and not Nigeria's.

He's good at is criticizing, swinging the pendulum to wherever pleases him.

I boldly supported the stance of Obasanjo when he called him a "wine connoisseur"

It is always easier to castigate or criticize. Everybody is a talker, only few are actually acting.

All of you (Glorifiedtunde, Dropshot, lytech) have spoken..and u are right in one way or the other..
Prof. is never a politician he is just a respected entity. That's d grace upon him and God has endowed him with that honour.
God was so kind to him that he became the first African Nobel Laurette in the dark days.. And by then "he don use DAT Hammer go"..
No wonder everybody the presidents honoured him&he is always relevant..

So,let's not make it an issue..its just d grace that God has placed upon him..

Pray that God should single u out also in d midst of crowd..and let people be wondering what have you done to deserve it...

Grace works for Prof. Soyinka and nothing can take that away..

Dropshot,Glorifiedtunde and lytech pls don't fight yourselves..okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
MamaletASO:

All of you (Glorifiedtunde, Dropshot, lytech) have spoken..and u are right in one way or the other..
Prof. is never a politician he is just a respected entity. That's d grace upon him and God has endowed him with that honour.
God was so kind to him that he became the first African Nobel Laurette in the dark days.. And by then "he don use DAT Hammer go"..
No wonder everybody the presidents honoured him&he is always relevant..

So,let's not make it an issue..its just d grace that God has placed upon him..

Pray that God should single u out also in d midst of crowd..and let people be wondering what have you done to deserve it...

Grace works for Prof. Soyinka and nothing can take that away..

Dropshot,Glorifiedtunde and lytech pls don't fight yourselves..okay

Hmm. Nice one girl. It wasn't a fight though. But thanks anyway. Momma raised u well. cheesy

So that's why you have the first like on your profile from me wink

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka In Westminster London For African Literary Fanfare (Photos) by MamaletASO: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

Hmm. Nice one girl. It wasn't a fight though. But thanks anyway. Momma raised u well. cheesy

So that's why you have the first like on your profile from me wink

Hmm...thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Participates At APC National Convention (Photos) / Wike Flags-Off 2nd Phase Of Mile-1 International Market Construction (photos) / Saraki Misfired: The Proscription Of IPOB Was Not Against The Law - CACAWA2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.