Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr (45016 Views)

Nigeria’s Economy To Grow By 0.8% In 2017 -IMF / AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi / Banks Derail Cbn’s N1tr Battle To Boost Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Boss13: 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
As the president is frustrated with the judiciary impeding the anti corruption process that is how Nigerians are angry with Buhari for frustrating the economy.

Government has sucked up all the money in the economy and it is not spending. Unfortunately our economy is public sector dependent. Now we are suffering because we elected CHANGE.

I am terribly unhappy because I supported him and it is an unfortunate situation. We are almost at the end of 2016, no tangible economic activity ongoing in the country. Everywhere is extremely tight. What kind of government is this?

1 Like

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Horsesmouth: 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
GODKID98:
If u really need ur money,then u'd do well to mention d names of these 'big-boyz' on d pages of a newspaper.....cz SHAME z a great MOTIVATOR for d payment of debts!!

Guy, chill.
Debt is an offshoot of cost of capital which in its most basic amounts to MPR + Inflation (i) approx 12%+8%. MPR and i have shot up to 14%+11% in recent times.

Opex of businesses has inceased with all line items bowing to inflationary pressures eg AGO for power.

Revenues have dwindled owing to constriction in Consumption and Investment expenditure.

Capital has been eroded also by foreign exchange controls.

Putting the aforementioed in perspective, business models or forecasts would have been erroneous abinitio, and if traced temporally to present day, it would appear as if the CFO was irresponsible.

It is not so much that they are in debt, what Nigeria should worry about is the enablement of an economic climate for businesses to thrive.

1 Like

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by speaktome(m): 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2016
KaaaaaaTaaaaaWay!!!

Big Boys My foot!!!

What is the essence of telling us when you can't mention their names

Make una Kontineu!!

#MySignature #Mybusiness
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by batstan(m): 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
Akathriel:
Make I quench if Femi Otedola & Aliko Dangote no dey the list. Both of them are serial & chronic debtors. Awon Oloshii!
Yes they are debtors but last I checked, they employ and empower a lot of people. What you gonna say about those that invest the loans abroad?

2 Likes

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by danot1030: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
GODKID98:
If u really need ur money,then u'd do well to mention d names of these 'big-boyz' on d pages of a newspaper.....cz SHAME z a great MOTIVATOR for d payment of debts!!
Among the big boys those rouges called Ifeayin Uba and Jimoh Ibrahim.

1 Like

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Missmossy(f): 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
Really funny,they are big boys in debt. The biased and corrupt judicial system eat from their pockets certainly,they won't want to be in their red book. Rubbish!
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Boss13: 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
Missmossy:
Really funny,they are big boys in debt. The biased and corrupt judicial system eat from their pockets certainly,they won't want to be in their red book. Rubbish!

There is nothing wrong to borrow. As a matter of fact, debt is cheaper than equity. However, the issue is repayment, but in a recession like this it will be difficult to pay. Also, the cost of debt in this country is annoyingly high for reasons one cannot understand. Imaging Emefiele increasing MPR to 14%.

This government is insensitive
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by kings09(m): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
They need to blame som1 or sumtin. As usual dis govt suffers frm kwashiokor of ideas so they nid to deflect the blame to anythn in sight so far d blame doesn't fall on dem
free2ryhme:
If you cant mention their names they its more honorable to shut up, rather than express your helplessness and ineptitude
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by ebby9z(m): 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
free2ryhme:
If you cant mention their names they its more honorable to shut up, rather than express your helplessness and ineptitude

There's a word; subjudice. You'd do well to learn the meaning of the word to avoid such distasteful outbursts in future.
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Jacko1(m): 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
See as dis big boys choose not to pay

But first bank is over my head cos of chicken change i owe.... Heapin interest upon interest

Just cos i worked for them and quit to go into celebrity business

Me sef i no go pay deir father.... Call amcon hehe

Sha wen i get money i go pay oh firstbank

But if una one claim d money sharp sharp i have one toyota corolla 96 model..... Collect and sell get una money
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Apoztl3(m): 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
"big boys" on top our collective (tax payers) wealth..... TFT! if y'all know waria mean

1 Like

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
danot1030:
Among the big boys those rouges called Ifeayin Uba and Jimoh Ibrahim.

4ni..Bt hw una sef take knw??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by mumexcellency(f): 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
Akathriel:
Make I quench if Femi Otedola & Aliko Dangote no dey the list. Both of them are serial & chronic debtors. Awon Oloshii!
i gbadun you my brother. You are very correct, especially that Dan gote taking the money that belong to Nigerians for his business. And they will come and tell us he is the richest how? Biko nu make them bring back our money before they will rename Nigeria to Danigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
Horsesmouth:

Guy, chill.
Debt is an offshoot of cost of capital which in its most basic amounts to MPR + Inflation (i) approx 12%+8%. MPR and i have shot up to 14%+11% in recent times.

Opex of businesses has inceased with all line items bowing to inflationary pressures eg AGO for power.

Revenues have dwindled owing to constriction in Consumption and Investment expenditure.

Capital has been eroded also by foreign exchange controls.

Putting the aforementioed in perspective, business models or forecasts would have been erroneous abinitio, and if traced temporally to present day, it would appear as if the CFO was irresponsible.

It is not so much that they are in debt, what Nigeria should worry about is the enablement of an economic climate for businesses to thrive.

ALryte...Btw

I SALUTE U!!
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
Btruth:
right on point. If the names of the debtors are mention, then people will humiliate them by themselves, and shame if possible will make them wanted to pay back the debt. There's shouldn't be any room for cover up for individuals that is destroying our economy I think. lipsrsealed

EXACTLY!

1 Like

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
Rex123:

oga they dont care! As long as they can delay paying that all that matters. I saw the advert first bank put out in punch, i was shocked!

Nawa 4 dem oh!
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
y borrow them money in the first place? because they av big businesses? shiitshow, now they cant pay.
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Reference(m): 9:16pm On Aug 22, 2016
free2ryhme:

Don't mind him. Is there an injunction against name calling. Shows they are weaker than the folks they are meant to police but in usual style I suspect that the AMCON bigwigs don't want to muddle the waters they intend to drink from. Crying wolf on the pages of the dailies is just like adding yeast to the dough. Abeg make dem siddon. Publishing your failings for whose sympathy instead of thinking outside the box. Al-Capone the untouchable was finally arrested for tax fraud when nothing else would stick. If they are sincere they will find a way to get that money.

1 Like

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Reference(m): 9:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
Dangote is the biggest of the big bois, but they wont dare touch him, because baba na him fellow a gbo ki

No wahala. They should commandeer his cement and use it for infrastructural development, his sugar, salt and noodles to IDP camps and his trucks to take them there until his bill is settled, shikena.

1 Like

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Horsesmouth: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
GODKID98:

ALryte...Btw

I SALUTE U!!

Salut!
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by DanielPop(m): 4:13am On Aug 23, 2016
Another tranquilizer for the zombies! It is no longer GEJ because that record is no longer selling. It is no longer PDP because that is not selling as well. It is now a phantom "10 big boys". Soon they will blame Ooni of Ife that it is his white rod of ifa that is responsible.
Oya zombies, another sugar for una tea, drink! grin

1 Like

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by BlackOnassis(m): 6:00am On Aug 23, 2016
Supreme court can't possibly listen to all appeals and shouldn't. I think the judicial process in the country would move faster if lower courts have the final say on some cases, leaving the supreme court to deal with murder and some other serious cases. This way, people who have abundant funds to pay lawyers won't gum up the system.
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by BlackOnassis(m): 6:02am On Aug 23, 2016
Ikigia:
Nigeria, can we just start from the beginning?.

1914 or 1960? grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by KanwuliaExtra: 6:08am On Aug 23, 2016
Imagine a president opening his STNKING mouth to say the JUDICIARY, a single arm under his government, is FRUSTRATING his efforts to fight KWARAPTION? grin

What do you expect when KWARATION redirected his azzzze from his DAURA poultry to exploit Nigeria to feed his harem and brood of indolent generations(past, present and future)? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by GOFRONT(m): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2016
They ar d cause of hunger in da land....

1 Like

Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by Ikigia: 10:19am On Aug 23, 2016
BlackOnassis:

1914 or 1960? grin grin

grin grin Colonial era seems most ideal
Re: 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr by bejeria101(m): 10:25am On Aug 25, 2016
Alezy:
its funny when the President blames judiciary for slowing down his corruption fight when he was the number one person to shelve court orders.

U re Ur number one problem sir.

The man get sense b4? He expects dat everybody shld be jumping abt becos of his cow-fu. The mumu of him ancestors naim we dey see.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! / Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market / Dollar Is Back To Normal On Google, Sigh :-(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.