Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

A Take on the recent Killings in the Name of Islam. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Take on the recent Killings in the Name of Islam. (744 Views)

Tunde Bakare Blasts DSS Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue / Nigerians Protest In UK Over Killings In Plateau By Fulani Herdsmen (Photos) / Attahiru Bafarawa Gives N30million Traders Over The Recent Fire Incident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Take on the recent Killings in the Name of Islam. by Jayceo(m): 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
RELIGION OF "PEACE"?

I woke up to another Headline today. It stated that over 8 people were killed in Zamfara for "blasphemy" on Monday,23rd of August.Yes you read that right, 8 Human beings were slaughtered not Goats, not Cows nor rams but Human life because a mob said someone blasphemed against the Religion of "Peace" this is in addition to ISIS (Iraq & Syria),Hamas (Palestine),Al-Nusra (syria & lebanon),Al-Qaeda (Pakistan, Yemen, Arabia & Syria), Al-Shabbab (Somalia),Boko-Haram (Nigeria & Cameroon) , Talliban(Afganistan), Ansar-Al-Sharia (Libya), Jumaat Ansar-al-sunna (Iraq) , Hezbollah(Lebanon) , Ansar Dine (Mali), Muslim brotherhood (Egypt), Islamic Movement of Ubs (Uzbekistan),Jaish-e-muhammed (Pakistan & India),Jemaah Islamiyyah (Indonesia, phillipines), Laskar-e-Taiba ( Afganistan, Paskistan & Bangladesh) among others.

My mind flies back to a period during my younger years when our security man from the North East sat on a bible. I saw this and I didn't say a word. I didn't call a mob to kill him because he is " blaspheming ", didn't behead him because he is "blaspheming" .
Why must people kill because of a religion? 

This isn't the first time people are killing for the Religion of "Peace" in the world. The Killings have been felt in almost all parts of the world from Belgium to Somalia.In 2013 alone according to the US Secetary of State, 17,800 people were killed by some of this misguided agents of the Religion of "Peace" , lets put that in perspective, These deaths are more than the combination of the people in two countries , Tuvalu ( 11,000 people) and Vatican City (850) and we would still have change. This is aside from the 32,500 injured and 2,990 kidnapped. All in the name of the Religion Of "Peace" .

The case is worse as usual in the North West , North East of this Country and just a few parts in the Middle Belt like Niger. this year alone in Kano a woman was beheaded for this Religion of "Peace" , another woman was killed right on the spot in Abuja for this same Religion of "peace" , another man was severely stabbed in Kaduna because he was eating during a fasting period meant for this Religion of "peace" and now eight people got Killed because of this Religion Of "Peace".

I don't know if it is the Killings that annoy me the most or the Hypocritical response of some of the followers of this Religion Of "Peace". They Claim it is a Religion of Peace with one side of their mouth and always find an excuse for why the people who were killed deserved to be killed with the other side.

The Sad thing about this is that there are truly well refined , educated ,forward thinking Individuals of Moslem faith who do not believe things should go this way. But what efforts are they putting in place to stop this menace, it might interest you to know that not all Germans were in support of the Nazi movement but guess what, they folded their hands and watched until it got out of hands. It is a bad precedence that out of the thousands of Religions in the world only one Religion Of "Peace" is really being "Peaceful".

The Presidency and our armed forces should be swift in arresting these criminals, they should use the same rapid force in which they used arresting an individual who named his Dog after Buhari. Sincere enlightened individuals of the Moslem faith that do not like the way these "hooligans" terrorise the world should enable a joint effort in giving these individuals a re-orientation on how they see the religion , the leaders of this faith should take the fore front in this process. Furthermore they themselves should act as major proponents to spearhead bringing these people that encourage this barbaric acts to book and not just the usual talk of this is a Religion of "Peace" and the excuse that Moslems are also killed by them,like in the case of the Nazis ,Germans were also killed by them during their expedition so this isn't an excuse.

It might look like fun and games now until when the world fully takes notice and decides to follow the model adopted by Japan which hasn't had a single killing in the name of the Religion of "Peace" on their land by making it difficult for people practising the Religion Of "Peace" from entering into their country, It is estimated by the ex president of the Japan Islamic Association ,Abu Bakr Morimoto that the total number of Moslems in the country are about 1000, this is out of about 130 million people in the country.

By the time the World wakes up it wouldn't be a peaceful affair anymore.

1 Like

Re: A Take on the recent Killings in the Name of Islam. by Jayceo(m): 12:38am On Aug 24, 2016
The World is watching.
Re: A Take on the recent Killings in the Name of Islam. by kgr8mike(m): 4:44am On Aug 24, 2016
Ok
Re: A Take on the recent Killings in the Name of Islam. by gists: 5:04am On Aug 24, 2016
Jayceo:

The Sad thing about this is that there are truly well refined , educated ,forward thinking Individuals of Moslem faith who do not believe things should go this way. But what efforts are they putting in place to stop this menace, it might interest you to know that not all Germans were in support of the Nazi movement but guess what, they folded their hands and watched until it got out of hands. It is a bad precedence that out of the thousands of Religions in the world only one Religion Of "Peace" is really being "Peaceful".

Here we go again. I will not go into the highlighted part of this paragraph as it is obvious the op is trying to start another religion bashing thread. I'll rather focus on more productive issue.

First I must not only condemn the act totally but also demand from the PMB lead government to bring the criminals to justice. Next, I have to commend the OP for a relatively matured presentation (with some stylish show of islamophobia). At least s/he tried not to exhibit typical full traits of islamphobia. But here is where I have issue with the OP - it is this same attitude of asking muslims to condemn the act. What about the rest of the country? what about both the security operatives? what about both the state and federal government?

What on earth do we think asking muslims to condemn the act will bring? Terrorism is a world problem and its not limited to any religion or tribe or race. We must ALL (muslims, christian, and other faiths) demand from our government and stamp this barbaric act out of our society. The precedence the OP is unknowingly setting goes far beyond religion. If you really think deep about it, the OP suggestion should also be extended to drug traffickers. We should only ask the immigration officers who are from a certain part of the country to be more alive to their duties since it is obvious that the region is "known for" drug trafficking. We should also ask their Obi and chiefs to condemn drug trafficking. Human parts were uncovered during road expansion project in southwest. So, We should also tell law enforcement officers from that part of the country as well as their Obas to be more serious since their region is "known for" human rituals.

I am not asking muslims to keep quiet and bury their head like ostriches, I am asking us to stop this silly request to make it look like it is their responsibility alone. I am asking ALL christians as well as other faiths to join hands and stop terrorism.
Re: A Take on the recent Killings in the Name of Islam. by Jayceo(m): 5:41am On Aug 24, 2016
gists:

Here we go again. I will not go into the highlighted part of this paragraph as it is obvious the op is trying to start another religion bashing thread. I'll rather focus on more productive issue.

First I must not only condemn the act totally but also demand from the PMB lead government to bring the criminals to justice. Next, I have to commend the OP for a relatively matured presentation (with some stylish show of islamophobia). At least s/he tried not to exhibit typical full traits of islamphobia. But here is where I have issue with the OP - it is this same attitude of asking muslims to condemn the act. What about the rest of the country? what about both the security operatives? what about both the state and federal government?

What on earth do we think asking muslims to condemn the act will bring? Terrorism is a world problem and its not limited to any religion or tribe or race. We must ALL (muslims, christian, and other faiths) demand from our government and stamp this barbaric act out of our society. The precedence the OP is unknowingly setting goes far beyond religion. If you really think deep about it, the OP suggestion should also be extended to drug traffickers. We should only ask the immigration officers who are from a certain part of the country to be more alive to their duties since it is obvious that the region is "known for" drug trafficking. We should also ask their Obi and chiefs to condemn drug trafficking. Human parts were uncovered during road expansion project in southwest. So, We should also tell law enforcement officers from that part of the country as well as their Obas to be more serious since their region is "known for" human rituals.

I am not asking muslims to keep quiet and bury their head like ostriches, I am asking us to stop this silly request to make it look like it is their responsibility alone. I am asking ALL christians as well as other faiths to join hands and stop terrorism.

Firstly , a good Morning to you My brother
I admire the matured way in which you put down your response.Articulate and Straight to the point without any intent of hitting a nerve. It shows I am conversing with an individual of intellect.

If you took note of all my suggestions you would see my solutions transcend just "mere condemning" .

You put down as i quote "What on earth do we think asking the muslims to condemn it will bring" , I ask you my brother (limiting this to Nigeria) ,if the Sultan of Sokoto , Emir Of Kano and other high ranking leaders(Either Spiritual or Political) in these regions come together and initiate a public conference for all the people who practise this faith in their regions and carefully re-orientate the minds of the people. Show the people this is something they greatly frown on and something God doesn't favour , do you think it would make some form of impact?

Do you know the Governor of Zamfara said "anyone who desecrates the quran would be dealt with" around 3 weeks and now see what happened on Monday. This is what I mean by Re-orienting their perspective by people they look up to. Its way above just putting words in the paper by them to say we "condenm" it. Programs should be initiated to address this.

Furthermore , it would also go a long way if the pepetrators of this evil are sanctioned publicly by leaders in the faith. I have never seen when Sharia law or any form of punishment is metted out by these spiritual leaders to the pepetrators in order to use them as an example to others.
I hear of thiefs with theirs hands cut and women beaten for other offences but I don't hear of this hooligans that do this being dealt with before being handed over to the police. We cannot deny the community knows the people who do this. I served in the north and was opportuned to see a scenario where serious religious fanatics carried out a deadly attack. The more we keep sugar coating that its not a religious problem the more we keep moving away from reality.

Lastly, you put down that terrorism is a world problem(this I agree) , but the one that didn't go down well with me is you indicating it isn't limited to any religion, Due to recent happenings it seems the culprits of these terrorist happenings all practice one religion and quote verses from its holy book to carry out their killings. Lets face this task head on, let the Moslem community take this task as a priority, it is denting the image of Islam. As i said the world is taking note.
Re: A Take on the recent Killings in the Name of Islam. by gists: 7:59am On Aug 24, 2016
Jayceo:

Firstly , a good Morning to you My brother
I admire the matured way in which you put down your response.Articulate and Straight to the point without any intent of hitting a nerve. It shows I am conversing with an individual of intellect.

If you took note of all my suggestions you would see my solutions transcend just "mere condemning" .

You put down as i quote "What on earth do we think asking the muslims to condemn it will bring" , I ask you my brother (limiting this to Nigeria) ,if the Sultan of Sokoto , Emir Of Kano and other high ranking leaders(Either Spiritual or Political) in these regions come together and initiate a public conference for all the people who practise this faith in their regions and carefully re-orientate the minds of the people. Show the people this is something they greatly frown on and something God doesn't favour , do you think it would make some form of impact?

Do you know the Governor of Zamfara said "anyone who desecrates the quran would be dealt with" around 3 weeks and now see what happened on Monday. This is what I mean by Re-orienting their perspective by people they look up to. Its way above just putting words in the paper by them to say we "condenm" it. Programs should be initiated to address this.

Furthermore , it would also go a long way if the pepetrators of this evil are sanctioned publicly by leaders in the faith. I have never seen when Sharia law or any form of punishment is metted out by these spiritual leaders to the pepetrators in order to use them as an example to others.
I hear of thiefs with theirs hands cut and women beaten for other offences but I don't hear of this hooligans that do this being dealt with before being handed over to the police. We cannot deny the community knows the people who do this. I served in the north and was opportuned to see a scenario where serious religious fanatics carried out a deadly attack. The more we keep sugar coating that its not a religious problem the more we keep moving away from reality.

Lastly, you put down that terrorism is a world problem(this I agree) , but the one that didn't go down well with me is you indicating it isn't limited to any religion, Due to recent happenings it seems the culprits of these terrorist happenings all practice one religion and quote verses from its holy book to carry out their killings. Lets face this task head on, let the Moslem community take this task as a priority, it is denting the image of Islam. As i said the world is taking note.

The same way I have not heard the Obi of Onistha or the Alafin of Oyo, or the Olu of Warri going on campaign condemning the drug trafficking, ritual kiliings and kidnapping respectively. Don't you also think if these highly respected icons in these regions as you put "come together and initiate a public conference for all the people who" hails from these regions and carefully re-orientate the minds of the people. Show the people this is something they greatly frown on and something God doesn't favour, don't you think it will also make some form of impact?

Of course it will go a long way if the perpetrators of this evil are brought under the full weight of the law. and if the eminent people go on a re-orientation campaign. That is exactly why I started by calling on the security to fishout the people behind the act and also the government. I also said I am not asking them to bury their heads like ostriches and pretend everthing is o.k.

My point is, don't make it look like it is solely their responsibility. It is the responsibility of all to campaign against all evils - be it religious, social, political, economic and whatever. Let me also ask you. Did you create a thread for other evil deeds in other regions?

Definitely, the north and muslims have a lot of work to do. But same applies to the south and christians.
BTW I am a southerner.
Re: A Take on the recent Killings in the Name of Islam. by 9jii(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2016
@jayceo,Person should know the market his buying.

When a petty thief stole in the South, he can easily get kill by mobs.Because of how important people take their money there.

The people in the north take their religion very important
Same way southerners value their money. It's very rare case to see thief got jungle justice in the North. But there are always thousands of fellows to give their life if their religion is disrespected.

(1) (Reply)

A Law Abiding Citizen Write Igp; Request For Dog Name. / Jibril Makes More Shocking Revelations On Dogara And Other Senators Earnings. / Ndiigbo Victims Of Northern Nigeria's Jihadists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.