Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan (4466 Views)

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan / Those Who Want Oyegun Out As National Chairman Are Targetting Buhari --dr Chris / Picture Of A Nairalander With Dr Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 24, 2016
GoodofNaija:

Mr Man, (calling another person young man), people like you are faint hearted and are easily moved by your present circumstances. You only look at the short term, you don't look at the long term.

You should judge the govt by their policies and not by the current prices of goods. Your knowledge of economics is obviously weak.

The policies of this govt are anti corruption, diversification, reduction of importation in order to boost local capacity, massive investment in infrastructure etc. To any discerning mind, this is the way to go in this oil doom era.

Any foreign investor that is leaving Nigeria at this time certainly does not have a good foundation in the first place, but only thriving on a weak corrupt foundation.

Most banks that are sacking now are only consolidating because they no longer have access to illicit cash flows and oil dollars that characterized the former administration.

Don't worry, I know most of the things I have typed here are difficult for you to understand because you cannot see beyond the present circumstance.

However, I must let you know that the man you quoted have a better understanding of the situation than you.

He obviously thinks better than you.

probably you are in Mars

4 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by ivandragon: 6:57am On Aug 24, 2016
our present predicament is borne out of bad policies & wrong priorities.

GEJ left a growing but fragile economy. one that needed constant nurturing, attention & timely adjustments.

leaving the economy on autopilot really affected that growth as it created doubts in the economy leading investors to initially withhold their investments & then take them elsewhere when some negative policies where put in place.

the TSA added to it. withdrawing that lump sum at once from circulation was 'brutal'. banks are yet to recover.

the fall in oil prices was that death knell. nobody can do anything about that...

the militancy in the ND that has affected oil production could have been avoided with tact & diplomacy. a little give & take, a few face to face meetings, a couple of promises here & there & the ND would be relaxed.

bottom line:

GEJ should have done better especially in the area of checking corruption & being more aggressive in diversification of 'government investments'.

PMB needs to calm the troubled waters by being more diplomatic, get better experts to run the economy & stop the blame game.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by divinehand2003(m): 7:06am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

The eyes of the Lord preserves knowledge and He overthroweth the words of transgressors (Prov 22:12)

My dear, that's my humble opinion, it's not my intention to hurt your feelings.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Pidggin(f): 7:19am On Aug 24, 2016
divinehand2003:

My dear, that's my humble opinion, it's not my intention to hurt your feelings.

You are free to give your opinion, I posted that verse to inform you that God has a way of defeating falsehood and upholding truth.

Your opinion can be sustained by you, but the truth will be more visible as time passes
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by divinehand2003(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

You are free to give your opinion, I posted that verse to inform you that God has a way of defeating falsehood and upholding truth.

Your opinion can be sustained by you, but the truth will be more visible as time passes

Lol.
Ok my dear.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2016
divinehand2003:
NOOOOOOOOOO NOW.

You handed a country that has already been swallowed up by the cancer called CORRUPTION, bastardized by STEALING, LOOTING, and THIEFING by the high and mighty, and drowned plus suffocated with UNEMPLOYMENT, POVERTY AND HATRED.

You handed over a country that was almost dethroned by Boko Haram, and with a military that had lost its morals and courage to protect the sovereignty of the nation.

You handed over a country that was the fastest growing economy on paper but in reality it's characterized by starving in the midst of plenty.

You handed over a country that was in a near death and comatose State only for this new man at the helm of affairs to bury it the more.

Come 2019, I wonder what their slogan and manifesto will be. Maybe '' LET'S RETURN TO TRANSFORMATION AGENDA".

A country almost overtaken by Boko Haram?? Mr. Man, are u sure you live in Nigeria? Have you conveniently forgotten the 6 weeks offensive that TOTALLY ROUTED Boko Haram and marked the end of it as a cohesive force? Btw who revamped the military, who was responsible for the instilling the tactical trainings needed to prosecute the war, who bought ALL the weapons presently used to prosecute same war? Answer: GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Osgilliat(m): 7:45am On Aug 24, 2016
Can anyone tell me the real cause of Nigeria economy woes? Most of you will say it's our leaders, yes. That's part of it but the main thing should be the global price of crude oil which is our major source of fund. Now try to compare this current administration with the past administration and also taking serving years into your variable.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Osgilliat(m): 7:56am On Aug 24, 2016
ocelot2006:

A country almost overtaken by Boko Haram?? Mr. Man, are u sure you live in Nigeria? Have you conveniently forgotten the 6 weeks offensive that TOTALLY ROUTED Boko Haram and marked the end of it as a cohesive force? Btw who revamped the military, who was responsible for the instilling the tactical trainings needed to prosecute the war, who bought ALL the weapons presently used to prosecute same war? Answer: GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

Are you trying to praise Jonathan for a well done job over Boko haram? You are so wrong. I didn't forget the six weeks offensive that should have been executive earlier instead it was delayed until the election period to gain more supporters.
What's the essence of the weapon bought and never used. Jonathan should be blame for the current state of the northern states. They knows what to do to stop the boko boys in time but they didn't take that part, they borrowed huge money and they divide it among themselves.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by ozoebuka1(m): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2016
GoodofNaija:

Mr Man, (calling another person young man), people like you are faint hearted and are easily moved by your present circumstances. You only look at the short term, you don't look at the long term.

You should judge the govt by their policies and not by the current prices of goods. Your knowledge of economics is obviously weak.

The policies of this govt are anti corruption, diversification, reduction of importation in order to boost local capacity, massive investment in infrastructure etc. To any discerning mind, this is the way to go in this oil doom era.

Any foreign investor that is leaving Nigeria at this time certainly does not have a good foundation in the first place, but only thriving on a weak corrupt foundation.

Most banks that are sacking now are only consolidating because they no longer have access to illicit cash flows and oil dollars that characterized the former administration.

Don't worry, I know most of the things I have typed here are difficult for you to understand because you cannot see beyond the present circumstance.

However, I must let you know that the man you quoted have a better understanding of the situation than you.

I'm really amazed with the way you justify things even when it's crystal clear that it's unjustifiable. how do you expect people to smile and not criticize this administration when everything is falling apart? people are not getting paid for what they worked for, security is a joke and the government is insensitive to peoples cry. when you muster up courage to challenge the government, which is what every sensible person in a Democratic nation will do in times like this, people sees it as tribal or religious sentiment... this is so pathetic. the country is recessing, please spare me corruption fight and diversification goals of this administration, thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by ozoebuka1(m): 9:07am On Aug 24, 2016
ivandragon:

GEJ left a growing but fragile economy. one that needed constant nurturing, attention & timely adjustments.

leaving the economy on autopilot really affected that growth as it created doubts in the economy leading investors to initially withhold their investments & then take them elsewhere when some negative policies where put in place.

the TSA added to it. withdrawing that lump sum at once from circulation was 'brutal'. banks are yet to recover.

the fall in oil prices was that death knell. nobody can do anything about that...

the militancy in the ND that has affected oil production could have been avoided with tact & diplomacy. a little give & take, a few face to face meetings, a couple of promises here & there & the ND would be relaxed.

bottom line:

GEJ should have done better especially in the area of checking corruption & being more aggressive in diversification of 'government investments'.

PMB needs to calm the troubled waters by being more diplomatic, get better experts to run the economy & stop the blame game.

I don't like it when people are being unappreciative why blame goodluck now?. this country has been a failure because our former leaders have been playing gods. as a leader u can't do everything, you can't development the economy, fight corruption, build tolerance, build trust and reduce crime at ones.... just pick point the things you feel you could do and do it efficiently. Jonathan's government focused on making people's lives better, and not in fighting corruption and they achieved their plans... but this current administration hasn't gotten a single thing right and that's why people are having problems with them... don't blame Jonathan, for he did what any sensible leader would've done to propel a country like Nigeria forward and he got results... this administration should learn from his leadership skills.. when people like you blame the former leadership, it gives a room to the present leadership to escape criticism which is necessary in running a sane government.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by jephito(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2016
In all fairness, GEJ did very well for this country than we are witnessing under this present administration.
Under this administration, elections are now inconclusive, FOREX has increased, etc.
Let me take you all back to pre 2015 presidential election. There was this prayer point then "May God run your life the way GEJ runs Nigeria."

Now, let me share my own prayer points so you can choose which to say AMEN to.
1. May you be clueless like GEJ ruled Nigeria.
2. May you be clueless like PMB is ruling Nigeria.

Like = 1
Share = 2

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:52am On Aug 24, 2016
splenzard:

we didn't start calling him that until APC presented us with lies that were too good to be true...
in other words you are naive and gullible.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:14am On Aug 24, 2016
4wrd9ja:

your reply does not matter again, you allowed their lies to go unchallenged for too long until people bought into it , the damage had been done, I wonder what you want to achieve by this,you brought about this because you presented like a weakling, that was your original sin not corruption .the corruption was a means to an end for them, all past leaders are corrupt including the current one forming saint

it is only people like you, the fools and gullible fellows that bought in to those lies, the smart ones knew all along and that's why we voted in mass for him. He was diplomatic and democratic that's why he appeared weak to people like you. He was wise not to challenge their lies so that people will choose for themselves... I know it is embarrassing to realise that you, as educated and enlighten as you may claim to be easily fell for cheap lies and propaganda by people who are less educated and enlightened as you are which makes you a fool. Now instead of blaming yourself, you're blaming the man (who allowed you to fully exercise your constitutional right ) for the predicament you find yourself in. man up and take full responsibility, you brought this on yourselves. He had nothing to do with it.

Disclaimer: This post is not directed at you if you are one of those who saw through the cheap propaganda of the APC, but if you fail for it, then enjoy.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:21am On Aug 24, 2016
ivandragon:

bottom line:

still found a way to blame it on GEJ

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 24, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:
in other words you are naive and gullible.

I wasn't, we were
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:29am On Aug 24, 2016
splenzard:

I wasn't, we were
well count me and Se and Ss out of that "we". We knew all along
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by EmmySparky(m): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
Both of em are both guilty as charged...bunch of ingrates...
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by ivandragon: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:
still found a way to blame it on GEJ

so it seems, but I trust you would agree with me that no government can be all good or all bad. there will always be differing opinions & perspectives.

as much as GEJ tried, there are still lessons to be learned from his administration on how we can improve or strengthen aspects of governance.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by ivandragon: 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
ozoebuka1:
I don't like it when people are being unappreciative why blame goodluck now?. this country has been a failure because our former leaders have been playing gods. as a leader u can't do everything, you can't development the economy, fight corruption, build tolerance, build trust and reduce crime at ones.... just pick point the things you feel you could do and do it efficiently. Jonathan's government focused on making people's lives better, and not in fighting corruption and they achieved their plans... but this current administration hasn't gotten a single thing right and that's why people are having problems with them... don't blame Jonathan, for he did what any sensible leader would've done to propel a country like Nigeria forward and he got results... this administration should learn from his leadership skills.. when people like you blame the former leadership, it gives a room to the present leadership to escape criticism which is necessary in running a sane government.

I trust you would agree with me that no government can be all good or all bad. there will always be differing opinions & perspectives.

as much as GEJ tried, there are still lessons to be learned from his administration on how we can improve or strengthen aspects of governance.

this regime (as I prefer to call it) has certainly not lived up to the hype it created by & for itself.

however, governance, in a democracy, is a continuous process & certain actions of the former government can be affect the next to a certain degree & even though I know that the APC has blown issues out of proportion, we cannot but acknowledge the fact that corruption should have be tackled better under GEJ.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by erinolu(m): 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
The economy and others turned South because there was no continuity in the things that were working and keeping the GDP healthy by this APC government.

1. Almost a year to nominate a minister
2. The ministers appointed after a year ended up being recycled politicians. ..cheiii
3. Forex transfer freeze in and out of the country resulting in scarce forex and a spiralling of the exchange downward
4. Budget only recently approved in May
5. A set up of newbie economic team. Only recently the government appointed another team to advise and assist the government in reversing the downward economic trend

Indeed....a healthy economy and country was handed over to Bubu....but he single handedly turned it south

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by IyfeNamikaze(m): 7:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
ivandragon:

so it seems, but I trust you would agree with me that no government can be all good or all bad. there will always be differing opinions & perspectives.

. true
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by MarcAnthony1: 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
GoodofNaija:

How can you be suffering in this present Nigeria and still defend the government... I'm sorry for your soul
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by MarcAnthony1: 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
ivandragon:

bottom line:

GBAM!!!!
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by excelAGR42: 5:38am On Aug 25, 2016
GoodofNaija:

I pity you. Obviously you don't have any family responsibility to take care of. Go and get married and leave you fathers house. Have you been to the market lately to buy food stuff? I guess no.
Now Nigerians in diaspora are even sceptical investing in the country talk less of foreigners.
To say the truth, this government is wicked and heartless as it has turned the fight against corruption into fight against hard working, patriotic Nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disclose Security Votes Spending For 2021, SERAP Tells Buhari, 36 Governors / Shame On You – Kanu Mocks Iheanacho, Ndidi For Displaying Nigerian Flag / A Short Message From Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For Peter Obi And Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.