Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? (1683 Views)

2019: Buhari Wins Atiku In A Public Opinion Poll Conducted By Sahara Reporters / Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? / Transformation Agenda Vs Change Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
I realised that since this "change" era, things have been deteriorating from bad to worst mostly in the aspect of food stuff. Someone said when Gej was there , we were suffering and smiling , but now, the smiles have been taken away leaving just suffering . When they (cabals) were stealing our money, we had it in surplus, now they keep recovery the stolen loot, it is still not available.

I don't know how you feel about the present condition , but I will like to ask, when corruption was fully practised in Nigeria and now corruption is being taken away by the Change mandate, which is more preferable?

As for me, it is #bringBackOurCorruption.
Please , feel free to add your opinion .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by GoodofNaija: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
OP, you are definitely a confused person.

You can return corruption to your home and teach your family that corruption is good for them.

As for the generality of Nigerians, we have rejected corruption. And we pray that henceforth, we will only vote for people with integrity and penchant for hardwork and excellence.

Though things may be difficult for now, we know that it is temporary and we will overcome the present challenges by the grace of God.

You see failure but we see light at the end of the tunnel. People like u were the Israelites in the bible who asked God to return them to Egypt when they faced the wilderness. They thought it was the end of life.

We insist NO TO CORRUPTION to your shame!

7 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
GoodofNaija:

People like you are so insensitive . You hear of people dying and committing suicide daily and you open your mouth to speak about confusion . Maybe you are so blind to see that the 'change' you know is the senior brother to corruption .

8 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
Try to understand the meaninq of Corruption......

Before yhu spew unreasonable things like dhiz....

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by Jay542(m): 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
dmediator555:

People like you are so insensitive . You here of people dying and committing suicide daily and you ope you mouth to speak about confusion . May you are so bling to see that the 'change' you know is the senior brother to corruption .
How will this thread help? If this change is corruption then you obviously don't know the meaning of corruption. Things are hard we know. What made it hard? The corruption for more than 15years. The country is not earning as it used to. The govt is trying to diversify our dependent economy, do you expect it to be glooming. Be reasonable ah..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by Dilijingsly(m): 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
GoodofNaija:
You no well at all

5 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
toposi4naija:
Try to understand the meaninq of Corruption......

Before yhu spew unreasonable things like dhiz....

Some people actually assumed to be educated, whereas, they are far from it... If you understand the meaning of corruption very well, try and contextualize 'CHANGE' then you can can conclude on this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Very clear for d doubters

3 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by ndcide(m): 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
dmediator555:
I realised that since this "change" era, things have been deteriorating from bad to worst mostly in the aspect of food stuff. Someone said when Gej was there , we were suffering and smiling , but now, the smiles have been taken away leaving just suffering . When they (cabals) were stealing our money, we had it in surplus, now they keep recovery the stolen loot, it is still not available.

I don't know how you feel about the present condition , but I will like to ask, when corruption was fully practised in Nigeria and now corruption is being taken away by the Change mandate, which is more preferable?

As for me, it is #bringBackOurCorruption.
Please , feel free to add your opinion .

Please change these narrative. No one should glorify corruption.

For your information, you are playing into the hands of the people you are trying to criticize by using statements like "when corruption was fully practised"
What the heck is that?!!!

GEJ's government was not about corruption. You need to get yourself educated before you post things like this. You are misfiring.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by Ajibel(m): 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2016
I just dont want to imagine what happens when people with the mindset this OP has finds their way into leadership positions.

Goodness gracious! See how people reason angry

? #BringBackCorruption Really!

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
ndcide:

Please change these narrative. No one should glorify corruption.

For your information, you are playing into the hands of the people you are trying to criticize by using statements like "when corruption was fully practised"
What the heck is that?!!!

GEJ's government was not about corruption. You need to get yourself educated before you post things like this. You are misfiring.

I am not for anybody , Gej nor PMB. This gov assumed Gej & Pdp to be the originator of corruption hence the fight against corruption . My point here is ,if we are fighting past corruption , are we now enjoying its dividends? Ask yourself that.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
Na beans and rice sure pass..fight corruption and grow the economy simple..
don't ever glorify corruption..in any form.
But know it can't be completely eradicated.

But eh..be like bubu fight na one side..get as e be.. undecided

No be me talk oh..na dem wink

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ajibel:
I just dont want to imagine what happens when people with the mindset this OP has finds their way into leadership positions.

How do you reason? What is your point? Maybe you need to redefine corruption , because all I see Is corruption fighting corruption , which will produce hardship .
Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by GoodofNaija: 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
dmediator555:

People like you are so insensitive . You hear of people dying and committing suicide daily and you open your mouth to speak about confusion . Maybe you are so blind to see that the 'change' you know is the senior brother to corruption .

Your own sensitivity is myopic and completely the result of shallow thinking.

Do you know how many people have died due to lack of basic amenities caused by stealing of public funds meant to provide the amenities??

Let me break it down further to help your thinking: Do you know how many people have died due to bad roads, poor water supply, lack of good hospitals etc.?? When money meant to provide them have been stolen by few people.

If you still feel you are the most sensitive person. You can go ahead and preach your type of sensitivity to the developed countries such as US and China who would not tolerate corruption in their system and would do everything to punish corrupt people as a deterrent to others.

If you still feel you're the most sensitive person, you can join those who are committing suicide to commit suicide to end your present suffering.

Mumu!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
Jay542:

How will this thread help? If this change is corruption then you obviously don't know the meaning of corruption. Things are hard we know. What made it hard? The corruption for more than 15years. The country is not earning as it used to. The govt is trying to diversify our dependent economy, do you expect it to be glooming. Be reasonable.

Please , what is corruption ? Imagine a learned coliq like you blaming corruption on past Government and you think the present government wasn't part of the past? Sorry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by ndcide(m): 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
dmediator555:

I am not for anybody , Gej nor PMB. This gov assumed Gej & Pdp to be the originator of corruption hence the fight against corruption . My point here is ,if we are fighting past corruption , are we now enjoying its dividends? Ask yourself that.

I get your point but it's unfair to also label GEJ'S government corrupt. Even when APC is saying so.

Don't you know that the corruption card is a thing of convenience for this government?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
[quote author=GoodofNaija post=48746901]

Your own sensitivity is myopic and completely the result of shallow thinking.

Do you know how many people have died due to lack of basic amenities caused by stealing of public funds meant to provide the amenities.

Let me break it down further to help your thinking: Do you know how many people have died due to bad roads, poor water supply, lack of good hospitals etc. When money meant to provide them have been stolen by few people.

My guy nobody Sabi pass ooo. You want to blame past govt too, have you verify if your present govt have fix any road or provided any cup of water not to talk of the hospitals that can't admit them.... What's your point man?

If you contexualise my post, you will see that what you call corruption in the past is nothing to compare to what you call change... We are in a disguised corruption for you information ... Wake up man... No hate
Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
ndcide:

I get your point but it's unfair to also label GEJ'S government corrupt. Even when APC is saying so.

Don't you know that the corruption card is a thing of convenience for this government?

Atleast someone just picked my point . You are right, because this govt full of inadequacies choose to hide behind corruption , making naija believe that corruption has been our problem , whereas its not absolutely correct.

If this lying govt believed we have been under corruption spell in past govt, I don't think we are better off now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by Jay542(m): 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
dmediator555:

Please , what is corruption ? Imagine a learned coliq like you blaming corruption on past Government and you think the present government wasn't part of the past? Sorry.
I'm talking civilian rule here so obviously this present government wasnt part of the past. I made my point clear 15years not since independence.
To even talk about your past, if PMB was corrupt during his regime as head of state would he have won the free and fair election in 2015?? You people should be worried about your Senate. Free the executive and allow them to work. GEJ and the rest were given reasonable amount of years before we knew they were incompetent.
Well you've no basis so there's no point for all these talks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by leofab(f): 12:12am On Aug 24, 2016
Oh
Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by Ajibel(m): 6:14am On Aug 24, 2016
dmediator555:

How do you reason? What is your point? Maybe you need to redefine corruption , because all I see Is corruption fighting corruption , which will produce hardship .

What is hardship?

When we earned a lot in terms of oil revenue, did we have functional refineries? Were workers regularly paid? Didnt government at all levels borrow to pay? How many MW did we generate?

Now oil our major revenue earner has dropped drastically coupled with the mindless bombings and you are expecting Eldorado.

Have you asked yourself why do people who are very vocal or critical of a government change their tone when they get into positions?

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by agwom(m): 6:24am On Aug 24, 2016
I do not know where we are going as a nation...
Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by Pidggin(f): 6:31am On Aug 24, 2016
Nepotism, bigotry and injustice is corruption, this is what is happening in this present government.
Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by kolaaderin: 7:15am On Aug 24, 2016
dmediator555:

Atleast someone just picked my point . You are right, because this govt full of inadequacies choose to hide behind corruption , making naija believe that corruption has been our problem , whereas its not absolutely correct.

If this lying govt believed we have been under corruption spell in past govt, I don't think we are better off now

Your problem is simple, PMB is not a magician neither a miracle worker and u don't expect all we are lacking to be provided in just a year while we are facing serious economic down tune. What I know is that Nigeria will come out of this mess stronger and if the Op can not take this temporary pain, you have the choice of relocation through suicide as u claimed some people have or relocate to a neighbouring countries Togo, Ghana and Cameroon are great options.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 24, 2016
dmediator555, your idea of using corruption to symbolise a return to how things were belittles the argument. Why not ask for a return of transformation or change? I don't see any wrong if people bash you for asking a return of corruption? Who does that?
Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2016
Ajibel:

Have you asked yourself why do people who are very vocal or critical of a government change their tone when they get into positions?

So what's the point giving an impossible manifesto just to deceive the gullible ? Later they started fighting their enemies still disguised as corruption . I think , if this guys keep on with the fight against their so called "Corruption" and forget economical development, then we are in for one chance .
#bringbackOurCorruption and they should go with their useless change. We ain't feeling any positive impact off it .
Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2016
Reyginus:
dmediator555, your idea of using corruption to symbolise a return to how things were belittles the argument. Why not ask for a return of transformation or change? I don't see any wrong if people bash you for asking a return of corruption? Who does that?

Yes sir . I agree with you. But even if I speak of transformation , this govt will tell you transformation is corruption . What am actually crying for is bring back our transformation . But this people understand corruption better.
#bringBackOurCorruption
Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 8:40am On Aug 24, 2016
kolaaderin:

Your problem is simple, PMB is not a magician neither a miracle worker and u don't expect all we are lacking to be provided in just a year while we are facing serious economic down tune. What I know is that Nigeria will come out of this mess stronger and if the Op can not take this temporary pain, you have the choice of relocation through suicide as u claimed some people have or relocate to a neighbouring countries Togo, Ghana and Cameroon are great options.

Ok sirr. Am leaving this country for good. Am going to Ondo Street. Am going to my country, Ondo local Government . You can do with the suicidal option.
Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 24, 2016
dmediator555:

Yes sir . I agree with you. But even if I speak of transformation , this govt will tell you transformation is corruption . What am actually crying for is bring back our transformation . But this people understand corruption better.
#bringBackOurCorruption
Then rewrite your topic. It makes no sense bringing back corruption. When we repeat the metaphor too much it begins to look like Nigeria was rid of corruption when the country is still very much corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:
Nepotism, bigotry and injustice is corruption, this is what is happening in this present government.

Thank you my sister. Tell all this people that are dying slowing but keep pretending to be smiling .

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by dmediator555(m): 8:43am On Aug 24, 2016
agwom:
I do not know where we are going as a nation...

One chance ...
Re: Opinion Poll: Corruption Or Change Which Is Better ? by GoodofNaija: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2016
Ajibel:

Bro, it is saddening when you hear some people's opinion. You wonder how low their ability to reason has gone. They exhibit complete lack of basic moral training and worsestill they do so in the public.

I wonder whether these are the so called leaders of tomorrow. I just pray that they continue to be in the minority so that they don't have the numbers needed to influence things. Otherwise we are doomed.

May God help us to choose our leaders wisely!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Babangida War- Rahama Indimi Loses Her Children / Whoever Did This Buhari Video Should Be Warned / Boko Haram Kidnaps 8 In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.