Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

What Would You Like Mirrored In Nigeria? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Would You Like Mirrored In Nigeria? (744 Views)

Will You Like To Work As A Blogger With Tecno Mobile / Would You Like To Become A Web Consultant In Just 5days? / If You Like Putting MARK ANGEL Videos On Your Blog, You Will LOVE This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Like Mirrored In Nigeria? by web4africa: 3:01am On Aug 24, 2016
Are you a developer or Linux user? What would you like mirrored in Nigeria?

Web4Africa has been working on a local mirror for linux distros and important software/modules/scripts.

The mission is to make the most popular open-source Operating Systems and software available locally, starting from Nigeria. Users in Nigeria would be able to benefit from very speedy downloads provided their ISP is peering locally.

We currently host CentOS, Ubuntu and pypi in Nigeria. The CSR project details would be made public very soon.

For now, your suggestions would be appreciated and considered for adding to the existing repository.
Re: What Would You Like Mirrored In Nigeria? by spikesC(m): 7:34am On Aug 24, 2016
wait, do you guys have servers actually located in Nigeria? If yes, who is your ISP.
Infact, can you make a technical blog post of your infrastructure bearing in mind the challenges facing Nigeria (internet and power)
Re: What Would You Like Mirrored In Nigeria? by web4africa: 7:45am On Aug 24, 2016
spikesC:
wait, do you guys have servers actually located in Nigeria? If yes, who is your ISP.
Infact, can you make a technical blog post of your infrastructure bearing in mind the challenges facing Nigeria (internet and power)

Thank you Sir.

Web Hosting in Nigeria: Off-The-Grid Power
Web Hosting in Nigeria: A network performance overview

So, what would you like to be mirrored in Nigeria?
Re: What Would You Like Mirrored In Nigeria? by Craigston: 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
web4africa:
Are you a developer or Linux user? What would you like mirrored in Nigeria?
We currently host CentOS, Ubuntu and pypi in Nigeria. The CSR project details would be made public very soon.
For now, your suggestions would be appreciated and considered for adding to the existing repository.
Debian/GNU Linux
Linux Mint
Fedora
Re: What Would You Like Mirrored In Nigeria? by web4africa: 6:05am On Jan 27, 2017
We now mirror VLC. New suggestions still welcome.
Re: What Would You Like Mirrored In Nigeria? by resultcase(m): 6:13am On Jan 27, 2017
Wordpress, Joomla, Opencart
Re: What Would You Like Mirrored In Nigeria? by web4africa: 6:28am On Jan 27, 2017
Thanks for the feedback, resultcase.

Mirrors are typically restricted to free and open-source Operating Systems (like CentOS, Fedora etc) or Software (like VLC, Apache, PHP etc).
Web applications like the ones you mentioned are not our focus at present.
Re: What Would You Like Mirrored In Nigeria? by bedfordng(m): 8:56am On Feb 02, 2017
web4africa:
Thanks for the feedback, resultcase.

Mirrors are typically restricted to free and open-source Operating Systems (like CentOS, Fedora etc) or Software (like VLC, Apache, PHP etc).
Web applications like the ones you mentioned are not our focus at present.
good day. i don't really know what happened to your platform for marking my domain as expired when it is supposed to expire in 2019. i am not really happy with such kind of mistake or should i call it a bug or lack of incompetence from your end. my domain name has been down for some days now and to think i paid for it to be expired in 2019. it was even one of my blog readers that brought it to my notice and i was really shocked when confirmed. how can you guys be this incompetent allowing some one domain to expire when it is not even due. you guys should check and rectify the issue because right now my blog is down for your negligence. this is not encouraging at all and i must say, this is bad for your reputation. my domain is attached to this comment, screenshot from your platform

(1) (Reply)

Am Interested In Purchasing FB Group / Learn Graphic Design Here..... / Wanted!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.