Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa (29209 Views)

PDP Welcomes Atiku With A Banner At Their Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Gunmen Attack EFCC Headquarters In Abuja (photos) / El-Rufai & His Classmates At United Nations University-Merit, Netherlands (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by condomuser: 11:24am On Aug 24, 2016
You guys are wasting time, the British govt. is in a better position to get him released but Nnamdi isn't helping himself by talking bad about the British.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AlphaPegasi: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2016
attackgat:

Oh you mean the area that was conquered and named after a stupid River by Lugard? Didn't anybody tell you that Lugard has gone back to Britain? So what are you still doing here? As a follower of Lord Lugard, you have to follow him to Britain
before lord lugard came to nigeria that whole igbo region belonged to benin empire. you igbos relocated there from cameroon. you are from cameroon, go back home to cameroon .

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Ofemmanu1: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2016
AroOkigbo:
Tell that to NDA, Tell that to herdsmen Tell that to boko haram Tell that to government appointments
Name a country that is crime/murder free and i will show you a haven.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AlphaPegasi: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2016
SpeedOfLight:

Hello kid, it's beyond your comprehension so look for someone more intelligent to interpret for you and please I don't mean brilliant because you can be brilliant without being intelligent.
[img]http://www.undp.org.fj/gifs/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/you-dont-say.gif?vm=r&s=1[/img]
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by hummerwise(m): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2016
AlphaPegasi:
because you call us ndi ofe, ofe mmanu, south was-te cheesy grin wink
And you think this is a sane reason to hate a tribe you cant create....i think we need more rehabilitation home in Nigeria..some people are just loosing it
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by ariesbull: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
What these people fail to realize is the shame and ridicule the biafra movement has become ever since Nnamdi kanu was discovered to be a fraud and arrested by the Nigerian government. Right to self determination is a treasonable offense against the Nigerian state because it's not captured in our Constitution. It is totally illegal for any region or group of people to demand seccession from Nigeria. The penalty would have been death if we were in a military regime. The Indian government recently opened fire on secessionist in the Kashmir region of India just to serve as a deterrent to future agitators. Despite having a referendum, Scotland chose to remain in the UK cos they for-saw their impending doom if they decide to leave. The Spanish government have disregarded several calls for catalonia to break away from spain. Russia recently annexed crimea from Ukraine after the crimeans got tired of life outside the soviet Union. The people of South Sudan are regretting their decision to leave Sudan till today and yet the Igbo's are hell bent on having biafra despite all the glaring indices of an impending failure if biafra is ever achieved. No country in the world wants a break away of its territory. Even the United States that preaches freedom disregarded Texas's call for seccession. The reason for seccession of the Igbo's has not been clearly defined. The fruitless agitations is fuelled by hate and jealousy of other region's political stability and doggedness. Their political miscalculations in the last elections gave birth to the recent biafra calls headed by the disgruntled element called Nnamdi kanu who was feeding fat on the Biafran sentiment before been apprehended. The British saw a potential in our diversity before merging us together as a united Nigeria and every sane mind believes the future of the Igbo's lie in nigeria. What we need is a united south and we will wrestle political power away from Northern monopoly who sees power as their birth right. Will the Igbo's ever work with bourdillon to achieve a united south? Time will tell. Say no to biafra, God bless Nigeria sad

Are you done

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AroOkigbo(m): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2016
AnanseK:

Malaysia secedeed from which country? In reality the biafran bid for secession is emotional and has nothing to do with economics except of course the gamble that oil producing areas will go along with Biafra and therefore provide the required resource to the exclusion of a wider population.
Stop it!
Malaysia and Singapore used to be one country until. ..
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AlphaPegasi: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2016
hummerwise:

And you think this is a sane reason to hate a tribe you cant create....i think we need more rehabilitation home in Nigeria..some people are just loosing it
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by damocool(m): 11:30am On Aug 24, 2016
gretblue:

Really? Invariably, by your submission, the agitation for Biafra is as result of GEJ electoral lost.
so where were they (kanu and his fellow biafran protesters ) when gej was at the helm of this country affairs for yrs? were they sleeping then or never thought of gaining freedom from contraption called Nigeria.. well, good luck to them in their quest for freedom ..

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by nnokwa042(m): 11:30am On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
What these people fail to realize is the shame and ridicule the biafra movement has become ever since Nnamdi kanu was discovered to be a fraud and arrested by the Nigerian government. Right to self determination is a treasonable offense against the Nigerian state because it's not captured in our Constitution. It is totally illegal for any region or group of people to demand seccession from Nigeria. The penalty would have been death if we were in a military regime. The Indian government recently opened fire on secessionist in the Kashmir region of India just to serve as a deterrent to future agitators. Despite having a referendum, Scotland chose to remain in the UK cos they for-saw their impending doom if they decide to leave. The Spanish government have disregarded several calls for catalonia to break away from spain. Russia recently annexed crimea from Ukraine after the crimeans got tired of life outside the soviet Union. The people of South Sudan are regretting their decision to leave Sudan till today and yet the Igbo's are hell bent on having biafra despite all the glaring indices of an impending failure if biafra is ever achieved. No country in the world wants a break away of its territory. Even the United States that preaches freedom disregarded Texas's call for seccession. The reason for seccession of the Igbo's has not been clearly defined. The fruitless agitations is fuelled by hate and jealousy of other region's political stability and doggedness. Their political miscalculations in the last elections gave birth to the recent biafra calls headed by the disgruntled element called Nnamdi kanu who was feeding fat on the Biafran sentiment before been apprehended. The British saw a potential in our diversity before merging us together as a united Nigeria and every sane mind believes the future of the Igbo's lie in nigeria. What we need is a united south and we will wrestle political power away from Northern monopoly who sees power as their birth right. Will the Igbo's ever work with bourdillon to achieve a united south? Time will tell. Say no to biafra, God bless Nigeria sad
all this epistles just for love u ve igbos let them go so u can ve abuja and lagos all alone ewu

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Yyeske(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2016
What's with this Biafra ish everytime, is it that you IPOB miscreants don't know Nnamdi Kanu still has a long time in Kuje prison and your dream of Biafra on that albino's term is DOA?
Kanu a British citizen in a Nigerian prison and the British government said nothing, your brainwashed mates killed by security forces and not one international body or country saying anything about it. Continue preaching your hate as taught by Kanu. Na una e go tire.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by monte231(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2016
Your summation is a well constructed hokum & intellectual spittle! The only reason the British merged us was because of the enormous resources that abound in our regions and they knew they could still remotely control Nigeria if they handed over power to their loyal Northen cronies. The aftermath of almagation is what we are facing today, the killings in the name of religion,one region thinking Nigeria is there birthright,the consistent submerging of the minority ethnicities by the majority. We really need to think hard on what we want for our nation,if we really want to stay together united or disintegrate.
searchiing4love:
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by tundexijim(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2016
ozoemenaca:
What sort of United South I dont blame you. When you guys are feeding fat from the resources from the SE and SS and same time using it to develop your zones why would you not preach United Nigeria. You fail to realise that we are not south sudan and the countries you itemised above, we are Igbos and the only word I would tell you is that time would tell.

Pls tell me what resources do u have in ur so called SE that some ppl are feeding on. Do u have resources more than SW?

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by gretblue: 11:41am On Aug 24, 2016
Alcatraz003:
I m yoruzba and i find the postulation of O; and his minions repulsive to say the least. I cant type much but all i have to say is that most yorubas want igbos gone frm our lands. We dont care abt biafra. Igbo must get their country!
Speak for yourself.Many Yorubas are on this Forum. Best of my friends are from the East. From Osha, to Nnewi, Ozubulu, Awka Etiti, Nnobi, Nnewi,Nkpor, Nise,Nibo, Ogidi, Ekwusigo, Okija, Ihiala,Agulu,Abakaliki,New Layout,Nsukka,9th Mile, Obosi, Okigwe, Mgbidi,Aroma Junction. I relate with them well till tomorrow.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by marv1: 11:41am On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

The reason the north keeps dominating is because they are united. Buhari has been winning Jonathan in the north since 2011 but he needed paltry votes from the SW to defeat Jonathan in 2015. This means there is power in unity if the south unites. Will the Igbo's unite with the SW? Your guess is as good as mine undecided
They will never listen becos every other tribe is a traitor to them. Politics is a game of numbers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by SpeedOfLight: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2016
AlphaPegasi:
[img]http://www.undp.org.fj/gifs/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/you-dont-say.gif?vm=r&s=1[/img]
Yeah! A brilliant child teach him/her ABCD he learns fast and it ends there, but an intelligent child learns fast and as well discover more words on his own without your help. You can be brilliant without being intelligent. QED.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by SeanBeezy(m): 11:46am On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
kedu ihe onye nka n'ekwu?

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AlphaPegasi: 11:47am On Aug 24, 2016
SpeedOfLight:

Yeah! A brilliant child teach him/her ABCD he learns fast and it ends there, but an intelligent child learns fast and as well discover more words on his own without your help. You can be brilliant without being intelligent. QED.
i hear you bro but you still aint getting biafra though. and if your region is not developing as fast as you want it - blame your igbo governors not nigeria. your igbo governors have stolen all your allocation. i hear the other day, one igbo governor gave his girlfriend a sack containing 3 million dollars cash to go and buy house in abuja wink
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by PastorAji(m): 11:50am On Aug 24, 2016
[size=18pt]SOMETIMES I WEEP OVER 92% OF COMMENTS MADE HERE ON NAIRALAND BY MEMBERS MOST ESPECIALLY THE SOUTH-WESTERNERS AND THE AGITATORS
I WANT TO ASK EVERYONE THAT HAD COMMENTED OR IS ABOUT COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD
1. TO MY BROTHERS FROM THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO INCREASE THE AWARENESS OF YOUR AGITATIONS TO THE EARS OF YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES TO THE SO CALLED "FAILED NIGERIA"
2. TO MY BROTHERS FROM THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN HAVE YOU EVE TEAMED UP TO "RECALL" ANY OF YOUR REPRESENTATIVES FROM THE SO CALLED "FAILED NIGERIA"
3. TO THE SOUTH-WESTERNERS There is a saying that "Egba ti a fi na'yale nbe lori aja fun iyawo" (The cane that we use to thrash the senior wife is on the ceiling to discipline the new wife) HAVE YOU FOR ONCE PLACE AND DEMANDED ACCOUNTABILITY FROM OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS[/size]

My submission

UNTIL WHEN A SENATOR FROM ENUGU NORTH SENATORIAL DISTRICT or until when HON. TEMITOPE OLATOYE (SUGAR) representing Akinyele/Lagelu Federal Constituency are RECALLED FROM THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY BY ENUGU YOUTHS/ELECTORATES IN IBADAN THAT IS WHEN I WILL TAKE IPOB AGITATION SERIOUS

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by wristbangle: 11:53am On Aug 24, 2016
OMAR12:
united south, united south happened when the whole of the southern region voted obj for two term, BT when it was time to do the same to the other man from the other part of the south u felt cheated and u went and hugged the north and here yo opening ur mouth and calling for a united south. please please and please for the igbos to get to their full potential they need to be on their own.

Please kindly shut up if you don't have concrete facts to back your claims. You voted twice for OBJ because he is performing to some extent and did not marginalised any tribe during his regime. SW and even the north (NC/NE in particular) voted en mass for GEJ during 2011 election but his clueless rule coupled with marginalisation led to his loss.

3 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Ddy(m): 11:53am On Aug 24, 2016
Hausa language
wani lokacin i ji kunyar Nijeriya. abin da ke mulkin dimokura] iyya da cewa ba za a iya aikata a Najeriya. Bari Biyafara tafi dõmin su bauta their God.I ƙi Najeriya

yoruba ;anguage

ma i lero tiju ti nigeria. ohun ti o jẹ ijoba tiwantiwa ti o ko ba le wa ni ti nṣe ni nigeria. Jẹ ki Biafra lọ ki nwọn ki o ma sìn wọn God.I korira nigeria
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by marv1: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2016
princemillla:
I wonder where you guys are getting this false claim from. Igbo hate yoruba and Yoruba hate Igbos.

Go to lagos Island, goto alaba go to oshodi and see how igbo are making their money amidst yoruba.

We av an igbo man in ambodes cabinet. We have some of them competing with yoruba for post in lagos and in ogun state. So where is the hatred?

We need to desist from this trash, it won't be fair to breed your children with false information otherwise we are breeding future most dreaded Boko Haram
Some of this ipob yoots are jobless and some are not having any investment outside their state thinking that after establishment of biafra everythìng will just change overnight for good.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by 360command: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
guy, shut your comment and shove it up in your a55. What do you expect? The country is not operating a true federalism, the region has been neglected by past government, the people of that region are less in top politics.. There have been much killings of the people in other regions .. All this and more is what they have chosen to seek for an independent state, independent country.. Is it hard for the govt to understand? The govt have failed to help them, so they are saying they want their own land.. leave them let them suffer, they know what they want.. Give me Biafra and we do away with Nigeria is what the east are seeking for!!! Is it to hard to comprehend?

La tierra volvera a quienes la trabajan con sus manos!

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by matrix1759: 11:57am On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

The reason the north keeps dominating is because they are united. Buhari has been winning Jonathan in the north since 2011 but he needed paltry votes from the SW to defeat Jonathan in 2015. This means there is power in unity if the south unites. Will the Igbo's unite with the SW? Your guess is as good as mine undecided
Ure bn hypocritical. How about asking if the SW will unite with the Igbos? Every people have the right to take their political inclinations. However, what matters is if they are proved right or wrong at the end of the day. From all indications, the Igbos' decision to align with GEJ has bn justified so far. If Bourdillon is as powerful as u portray it, it won't be needing any help to install the govt of it's choice.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by wristbangle: 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
In summary, one Nigeria is what I pray for because unity brings success.

I don't pray for secession but if the yorubas declare today that they are leaving Nigeria, that is the end of this country.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AlphaPegasi: 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
SpeedOfLight:

Nobody is singing their praise, they are not saint. And for Biafra? Is a child of necessity, Nigeria has opportunity to be a great country at Aburi but they misused it. Group people based on value system and see peace return to Africa. Two, three......... nth tribe can have the same value system, have you seen or heard igbo man murdered ijaw man? "no" these are two different tribes but share the same value system. Have you heard of Hausa Man murdered igbo man? "yes" because they are two tribes with different value system. Bro try to understand me OK?
many igbos have murdered many ijaws just as many ijaws have murdered many igbos. bros this your criteria of brotherhood is very funny, and to think you base your secession reason on this flimsy excuse . hausas have murdered hausas and yorubas have murdered yorubas and igbos have murdered igbos and they are all brothers.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Noneroone(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
wristbangle:
In summary, one Nigeria is what I pray for because unity brings success.

I don't pray for secession but if the yorubas declare today that they are leaving Nigeria, that is the end of this country.
you are correct. Thats b'cos yoruba needs nigeria more than Nigeria needs them. Its always easy to offload a liability.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by shurlermoz(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
this is the story of Nigeria, some people always use general sentiments to instigate the general populace into helping them achieve their own ulterior motives.

Generally, Igbos want Biafra but those at the forefront of the struggle presently are not honest. They are learned enough to know they are going about it the wrong way, the right way is calling for a referendum thru your senators, reps and any other people you have in power but because of personal gains they wouldn't do that. they prefer to mislead their people as far as their pocket is full.
That's the same strategy APC used on us, they know the general populace want a change of govt, they just used that to get the public behind them and overthrow PDP. what we have now is just a change in govt personnel and an increase in poverty and suffering for the masses.
As strange as it is, the Igbos needs the SW to push for their referendum because it's a game of numbers. All this insult and fighting will not help the masses it's only helping the elites because the people will abandon the real issues that way.
For example, the money allocated to the Niger Delta since 1999 was recently calculated to be running into trillions and over 70% of that has been mismanaged but some people are using the militants to divert attention of the Niger Deltans to something else. these people never ask what have we done with the money we have gotten so far, all they make them see is that the govt shd have given them 100% resource control. I quite agree with that but what have we done with what we have for now?

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by nortcentrallord(m): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

There is freedom or referendum and possible secession if need be after a 100 year together. You have spoken well but a true and clear resemblance of what is happening in Nigeria is like a man (Nigeria) who is married to two women (Arewa and Biafra let's forget about the west in this) but doesn't treat both women equally despite the fact that the short changed wife contributes hugely to the success of the home. The one who is less cared for demands her rights but she is turned down and when she seeks to opt out of the marriage, the man refuses because he believes her future lies with him. In the midst of all these, there is no single peace in the household and all the three parties are not happy.

I am not an Easterner neither am I pro- Biafra even though I have done extensive research about the whole Nigerian civil war/ call for Biafra back then and I don't blame them because if I were wearing their shoes, I would and will behave the same way. I am pro fiscal or true federalism. But in a situation where that has been refused to be considered, what is left is chosen.

3 Likes

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by immazion: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
you guys that are against biafra hope you love this high of nepotism that is in this govt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Niger Deltans Protest "Intimidation Of Jonathan By Buhari, DSS & EFCC" (Pics) / Senator Ombugadu Welcomes President Buhari With Billboard In Nasarawa (Photo) / FG Gives 29 Civil Servants Television Sets For Hard Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.