Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,381 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa (29169 Views)

PDP Welcomes Atiku With A Banner At Their Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Gunmen Attack EFCC Headquarters In Abuja (photos) / El-Rufai & His Classmates At United Nations University-Merit, Netherlands (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by RevengeReloaded: 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
Uchihaitaci:

Fake news started on a two penny blogg has filtered here?
THIS NEWS IS FAKE
You came late after it has hit FP
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Akpan107(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
AroOkigbo:

Trash!
Why didn't you say anything about countries that successfully seceded and are doing well. ..e.g. Singapore, Malaysia, etc.
The injustice in Nigeria is way too grave.

Just look at the country- truth is that there is no love across tribes!
Why continue to live in denial because of "united Nigeria"?
Patriotism to ones country is of the mind...it's not valid under duress
Wasting ur precious time to reply that clueless write-up surprised me alot. please, leave them in their ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by bamite(m): 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
speaktome:
Am talking of freedom from the oppressor here and you are saying political... Wetin concern me with ur Nigerian politics
Why not turn around and begin to oppress the hausas rather than trying to run away? Are you people such cowards?
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by attackgat: 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
AlphaPegasi:
before lord lugard came to nigeria that whole igbo region belonged to benin empire. you igbos relocated there from cameroon. you are from cameroon, go back home to cameroon .

Come on, let's be practical here. You are proud to answer the name of a River the White man gave you right? Imagine how proud you would feel if an African renamed you?

Look, there is a River in my village called "mmiri- ndida" ('River by sloap' in Igbo). I think I should name you after this River. How about 'Mirinda''? or maybe 'Miranda'? Although that is a girls name. Infact I will give you the choice Lugard never gave you by letting you choose between Mirinda (a former soft drink) and Miranda (Girls name).

Just imagine all the embarrassment you will save your self when you tell people that your 'River name' was chosen by a fellow African rather than a white stranger?

So which is it? Mirinda or Miranda?
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
SpeedOfLight:
Protesting Biafran Members Storm United Nations Headquarters In South Africa...
Photos

Members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) protested in front of the United Nations building today, August 23rd in solidarity for the director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu who is in prison on charges of treason and other related crimes. The protestors armed with placards and Biafran flags called on the UN to liaise with the Nigerian government to free the IPOB leader...
When did the United Nation relocate it's headquarters to South Africa?
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by RevengeReloaded: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
bamite:
Why not turn around and begin to oppress the hausas rather than trying to run away? Are you people such cowards?
You belong to 10th century and have no place in 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Zoehill(m): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
Folks all this internet chants woun't help, why don't we call our Senators and Honorable home to give us their view about BIAFRA and start the struggle from the higher and lower houses in Abuja & our state assemblies? They are there sharing our wealth while we are here abusing and cursing one another. 700 billion was released for NDDC Projects since inception, how much was used to develop the region? We need our LEADERS to be accountable to us and give reason we need to believe in them.
God bless US
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by bamite(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
RevengeReloaded:

You belong to 10th century and have no place in 21st century.
bros go sleep
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by omnisali: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

I ignored him when he started his tales of Isrealites and Egypt instead of a comprehensive analysis on how the biafra will come to be. Their arguments is always based on sentiments and religious bigotry. No wonder the biafra agitations is not close to fruition. U need to listen to radio biafra and hear the Nonsense they spew every second. Al they know is to insult Nigerians, the president and call on chukwu okike abiama to give them biafra. No mission, vision and objectives as to why and how their biafra will be achieved. I consider them clowns seeking attention. Separatists movements are usually led by intellectuals who have a template and blue print of what the break away nation would look like. See how Lee Kuan yew transformed Singapore from nothing to world class. Ask Nnamdi kanu his mission for biafra and hear his hoards of IPOB yoots rain insults on you and call u yoloba. grin i see their agitations as mere comic relief

With these hatred, y r u still afraid of Biafra. U should help champion it so that we can leave in peace. Do u think Nigeria will ever rise? Nigerian problem started with hypocrisy, so u think u can cure hypocrisy? My guy just pray this don't escalate to another war cos even ur village will witness bombing. Biafrans r prepared for this unlike before. Say the truth u Nigerians at least we can try to work this out peacefully but with all these ur trash talks, I rest my case waiting for the dooms day. As for nigdria , it has been doomed for life. U can't force me to be a Nigerian in this 21st century. God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by omnisali: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

What do Igbo's have in common with SS they are trying to lure into their deluded biafra by all means? Will it not end up as strange bedfellows you are presently criticizing? Even the ikweres and aniomas are denying their igbo roots and ready to go with Niger Delta Republic. Biafra is a comic relief grin

When the time comes, they Niger deltans get their mouth. Pls we r not forcing anyone. Nigeria is there for them if they want to remain with u. Ur problem is all about oyel. See ur life. If oyel don't kill Nigerians then dem go make heaven. Anytime we mention biafra , the kind of fear that grips mostly sw is out of this world. They begin to holla, SS is not part of Biafra as if na dem draw the map. Oyel go kill una ooo

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by RevengeReloaded: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
omnisali:

With these hatred, y r u still afraid of Biafra. U should help champion it so that we can leave in peace. Do u think Nigeria will ever rise? Nigerian problem started with hypocrisy, so u think u can cure hypocrisy? My guy just pray this don't escalate to another war cos even ur village will witness bombing. Biafrans r prepared for this unlike before. Say the truth u Nigerians at least we can try to work this out peacefully but with all these ur trash talks, I rest my case waiting for the dooms day. As for nigdria , it has been doomed for life. U can't force me to be a Nigerian in this 21st century. God forbid.
Please help me sink it to that guys empty skull. Telling them truth hurts them so much and we must continue. That is how a mod continue banning me because I said the truth but I have told the same mod that have 1million lives so far as this forum is concerned, I wasn't like this from day1 but because they choosed to kill me with ban I learnt how to survive moreover database is my field, somebody should ask him to be careful, is he tired of banning me? He should go on. He banned me today and I Still posted, and to God be the glory I made upto three Frontpage today after ban. My salute to freedom fighters all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Anayordike(m): 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
What these people fail to realize is the shame and ridicule the biafra movement has become ever since Nnamdi kanu was discovered to be a fraud and arrested by the Nigerian government. Right to self determination is a treasonable offense against the Nigerian state because it's not captured in our Constitution. It is totally illegal for any region or group of people to demand seccession from Nigeria. The penalty would have been death if we were in a military regime. The Indian government recently opened fire on secessionist in the Kashmir region of India just to serve as a deterrent to future agitators. Despite having a referendum, Scotland chose to remain in the UK cos they for-saw their impending doom if they decide to leave. The Spanish government have disregarded several calls for catalonia to break away from spain. Russia recently annexed crimea from Ukraine after the crimeans got tired of life outside the soviet Union. The people of South Sudan are regretting their decision to leave Sudan till today and yet the Igbo's are hell bent on having biafra despite all the glaring indices of an impending failure if biafra is ever achieved. No country in the world wants a break away of its territory. Even the United States that preaches freedom disregarded Texas's call for seccession. The reason for seccession of the Igbo's has not been clearly defined. The fruitless agitations is fuelled by hate and jealousy of other region's political stability and doggedness. Their political miscalculations in the last elections gave birth to the recent biafra calls headed by the disgruntled element called Nnamdi kanu who was feeding fat on the Biafran sentiment before been apprehended. The British saw a potential in our diversity before merging us together as a united Nigeria and every sane mind believes the future of the Igbo's lie in nigeria. What we need is a united south and we will wrestle political power away from Northern monopoly who sees power as their birth right. Will the Igbo's ever work with bourdillon to achieve a united south? Time will tell. Say no to biafra, God bless Nigeria sad

The problem with people like you is that everyone of you thinks you what is good for the Igbos more than they do. The manner you guys are reacting to anything Igbo or Biafra is an indication that you deeply consumed in the ocean of hatred, bigotry and jealousy.

Also, when you comment you ignorantly include every Igbo person in your malicious conclusion and baseless arguments.

I advise you to leave the Igbo/Biafrans alone. Face your destiny. Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Godwin616: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2016
koladebrainiac:
un won't give u autonomy una no dey think? even if buhari grant u un won't recognize ur country. it takes unanimous decision to do so. una just dey embarass unasef.
u guys know wat to do now. move to ur state conduct refrendum n sponsor a bill to senate.first get popular majority votes n let see. all what u are doing is school boy protest. nobody will listen to u
Interestingly you have an igbo man in Ekweremadu as a senate leader yet you people cannot use that opportunity to present your case by following a due process. No one will take this agitation serious because there is no eminent igbo leader speaking in support of this agitation. Where are the likes of Emeka Anyanoku,pius anyim, adolphus nwabara etc, even the traditional rulers are not talking. The agitation appears to be a youth movement stuff. If indeed Ndi igbos really need the seccession, I think the approach should change.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by guyXander(m): 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

I ignored him when he started his tales of Isrealites and Egypt instead of a comprehensive analysis on how the biafra will come to be. Their arguments is always based on sentiments and religious bigotry. No wonder the biafra agitations is not close to fruition. U need to listen to radio biafra and hear the Nonsense they spew every second. Al they know is to insult Nigerians, the president and call on chukwu okike abiama to give them biafra. No mission, vision and objectives as to why and how their biafra will be achieved. I consider them clowns seeking attention. Separatists movements are usually led by intellectuals who have a template and blue print of what the break away nation would look like. See how Lee Kuan yew transformed Singapore from nothing to world class. Ask Nnamdi kanu his mission for biafra and hear his hoards of IPOB yoots rain insults on you and call u yoloba. grin i see their agitations as mere comic relief

Does this sound like someone an Igbo man would want to pair with?

Thing is, you know nothing about the Igbos.
They don't like you and you can't change that because your forefathers' betrayal.

They will never forgive you.

Same way they forgave the north.

But being a Yoruba boy, I guess your IQ isn't high enough to understand this.

You may be south, but you're North us.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AlphaPegasi: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
attackgat:

Come on, let's be practical here. You are proud to answer the name of a River the White man gave you right? Imagine how proud you would feel if an African renamed you?

Look, there is a River in my village called "mmiri- ndida" ('River by sloap' in Igbo). I think I should name you after this River. How about 'Mirinda''? or maybe 'Miranda'? Although that is a girls name. Infact I will give you the choice Lugard never gave you by letting you choose between Mirinda (a former soft drink) and Miranda (Girls name).

Just imagine all the embarrassment you will save your self when you tell people that your 'River name' was chosen by a fellow African rather than a white stranger?

So which is it? Mirinda or Miranda?
cheesy the white man didnt give us any names. thats all a lie. all those names existed before the white man came to africa. the word NIGERIA is derived from the word NIGER which has existed thousands of years before the white man ever dreamt of coming to africa. NIGER means ' dark skin '. in fact a dark skinned guy in the bible was called NIGER and you know the bible existed before the white man came to africa. the point here is you have to do your research before you start believing lies handed down from generations. here is the word NIGER in the bible used to describe a dark skin prophet

acts 13 vs 1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, <<<< thats in the bible. same bible written before the white man even knew africa existed
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by willibounce1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
I thought they wrote a letter to the British government to come save the albino from Kuje prison. Abi British govt nova see the letter? Abi Na fake letter them write. Biafra Korea, biafuro ni.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Organs(m): 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
What these people fail to realize is the shame and ridicule the biafra movement has become ever since Nnamdi kanu was discovered to be a fraud and arrested by the Nigerian government. Right to self determination is a treasonable offense against the Nigerian state because it's not captured in our Constitution. It is totally illegal for any region or group of people to demand seccession from Nigeria. The penalty would have been death if we were in a military regime. The Indian government recently opened fire on secessionist in the Kashmir region of India just to serve as a deterrent to future agitators. Despite having a referendum, Scotland chose to remain in the UK cos they for-saw their impending doom if they decide to leave. The Spanish government have disregarded several calls for catalonia to break away from spain. Russia recently annexed crimea from Ukraine after the crimeans got tired of life outside the soviet Union. The people of South Sudan are regretting their decision to leave Sudan till today and yet the Igbo's are hell bent on having biafra despite all the glaring indices of an impending failure if biafra is ever achieved. No country in the world wants a break away of its territory. Even the United States that preaches freedom disregarded Texas's call for seccession. The reason for seccession of the Igbo's has not been clearly defined. The fruitless agitations is fuelled by hate and jealousy of other region's political stability and doggedness. Their political miscalculations in the last elections gave birth to the recent biafra calls headed by the disgruntled element called Nnamdi kanu who was feeding fat on the Biafran sentiment before been apprehended. The British saw a potential in our diversity before merging us together as a united Nigeria and every sane mind believes the future of the Igbo's lie in nigeria. What we need is a united south and we will wrestle political power away from Northern monopoly who sees power as their birth right. Will the Igbo's ever work with bourdillon to achieve a united south? Time will tell. Say no to biafra, God bless Nigeria sad

Your write up was on point until i read the "united south" piece, that is where you also made a rubbish of all the sense you were making prior. Only some elements in the North just like Ojukwu or Nzeogwu thinks power belongs to them. Now look at how GEJ rubbished Nigeria. What we need is a leader that is sincere and nationalistic and believes in one Nigeria.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Malawian(m): 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

How can u unite with a region u consider a waste already? Can u see who the real hypocrite is? I know you are an IPOB yoot hiding behind a female moniker to receive fair criticisms but I'm not decieved. The SW you consider a waste is the region u keep blaming for not letting you go cos of your perpetual fear of the Hausa/fulani ever since the civil war. It really sucks to be a biafran grin
WHO ARE YOU UNITING AGAINST? YOUR FELLOW COUNTRY MAN?
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

What has your beloved Nigeria achieved since independence till date?All I see Is a country that's 2,000 years behind civilisation,a country doomed to be forever subjected to all sorts of evil and disunity.

Tell me what we have in common with one another or that particular thing that would make us carry ourselves high as Nigerians,nothing!Your useless country has nothing to offer but tribalism,hatred,bigotry,backwardness,quota system,laziness,looting,stagnation etc.

Your Nigeria is worse than hell that's why IPOB want you guys to have your country to yourselves.Tomorrow you want them to leave your so called Lagos to their East,yet you don't want them to leave.

I pity the delusional ones on this forum,because your brains are obviously dead if not you would know that your country is cursed.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by uckennety(m): 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

What do Igbo's have in common with SS they are trying to lure into their deluded biafra by all means? Will it not end up as strange bedfellows you are presently criticizing? Even the ikweres and aniomas are denying their igbo roots and ready to go with Niger Delta Republic. Biafra is a comic relief grin

D are core igbos who coward!selling their identity for a petty attention

I pray D get niger-delta republic wch urhobo and itekiris will be part of!

So they will be treated lyk nigeria is treating ibos today rubbish

Wen Moses brought d israelite out of Egypt!most of them were cursing by he told them out of egypt!

As 4 me it's not by force to join biafra

Look @ southafrica 1 language cuz d r one pplee

South-korea 1 pple

Biafra wid the efiks whom I love a lot and we are inter-related 1 people!so love and patriotism will grow!

No other if d r in nigeria or niger-delta d will always be ibos

Besides dz are not only d ibos in s.s we av omuku,etche,omuma,asaba e.t.c

So d can burn!

If only d can mk my village biafra we can expand from dia
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

[size=16pt]
One thing I know for sure

1. You can never live with Muslims in an 'equal' society. Not for long. Never in the history of the world has it happened and Nigeria is not about to be the first. I leave Lord Lugard and co. in the hands of Christ.
[/size]
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Ngozi123(f): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
[s][/s]

Biafra is dead and buried since 1970. Live with it

If B.iafra is dead and buried then why do you keep talking about it? Why have you dedicated goodness knows how many posts to a supposedly "dead and buried" country? Ancient civilisations such as Phoenicia are long considered 'dead' but do you ever hear of anyone going to the lengths that you have to reiterate that fact? You don't need to convince someone of a fact...

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by ideology(m): 7:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
indeed, when they want to keep you as their slaves, they write articles like this … you can't brainwash everyone …

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

How much oily soup do this damage to your brain?
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by attackgat: 7:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
Godwin616:

Interestingly you have an igbo man in Ekweremadu as a senate leader yet you people cannot use that opportunity to present your case by following a due process. No one will take this agitation serious because there is no eminent igbo leader speaking in support of this agitation. Where are the likes of Emeka Anyanoku,pius anyim, adolphus nwabara etc, even the traditional rulers are not talking. The agitation appears to be a youth movement stuff. If indeed Ndi igbos really need the seccession, I think the approach should change.

It's not about the elite or about crooked politicians. It is about the sovereign will of a people and also the fact that the British colonial creation called Nigeria expired on 31st December 2013.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:
For ur tiny mind, you have made sense! When was Nigeria created? Was Nigeria naturally made? Name a country in the world that was artificially made that has existed.
Lugard almagamated this place. He created a country. For Bleep sake, countries are not artificially created. What Nigeria is doing is tryna use cohesion to bring us together. It wont work! Even if Biafra is not realised now, our children will continue, until Biafra is restored.
Ideologies do not fade away...easily.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Naija9090: 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
Zoehill:
Folks all this internet chants woun't help, why don't we call our Senators and Honorable home to give us their view about BIAFRA and start the struggle from the higher and lower houses in Abuja & our state assemblies? They are there sharing our wealth while we are here abusing and cursing one another. 700 billion was released for NDDC Projects since inception, how much was used to develop the region? We need our LEADERS to be accountable to us and give reason we need to believe in them.
God bless US

National assembly where northerners are majority in number? And with shackled swners slaves?
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by thedarkside: 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
searchiing4love:

The reason the north keeps dominating is because they are united. Buhari has been winning Jonathan in the north since 2011 but he needed paltry votes from the SW to defeat Jonathan in 2015. This means there is power in unity if the south unites. Will the Igbo's unite with the SW? Your guess is as good as mine undecided

tahh..we dont need shallow minds,,,,in a democratical system we will still beat the wailers,even in military system too..

we choose jonathan to honor yar dua....theynever saw this...none of us never realy knew jonathan...shoeless phd??....i never knew him before he came close to yar dua........
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by bashydemy1: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
This Igbos no just get ther bearing, You want to secede from a country and you still participate in an election of that same country, You still vote your people in the NASS of that same country, You took part in all the elections and say you want to go how is that possible? You have member among the FEC etc and also complaining of marginalization.. Well before i can take the igbos serious they will do these things...

1.. Stop electing your people to represent you in an election.

2.. Call back all the NASS member from your region.

3.. Relocate back to region and stop doing business with other region for now.
Re: Protesting Biafran Members At United Nations Headquarters In South Africa by Triple333: 9:16am On Aug 26, 2016
Nwachukwu! Umuchukwu! Udo diri gi unu

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tolulope Arotile's Killer Has No Driving License - Punch / Aisha Buhari Pictured With Her Grand Daughter / Abdulaziz Yari & Kabiru Marafa Dump APC, Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.